The Loft at Jacks Barn Reviews

44 | Oxford, NJ

44 Reviews for The Loft at Jacks Barn

• Larissa

Larissa F. · Getting married on 10/03/2021

Took a tour of the venue

The owner of Jacks Barn is extremely nice and helpful. He addressed all my fiance's and my questions during the tour. Jacks Barn has a lot of decorations for you to use at no additional cost which means you do not need to buy decorations.

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 04/03/2021

Wonderful!

We enjoyed Jacks so much! The wedding day was beautiful.
    Arriving on the day was super fun and easy for parking and setting up. They have music playing for you in the suites, it was so homey and comfortable.
    Demi and Darren were so helpful and great to work with the past two years even with postponing due to covid; our November date switched to April and it was so smooth!
    The whole venue inside and out is beautiful and rustic itself! I loved how they had lots of decoration already there to choose from, being kind of diy it was really nice and comforting not having to buy a lot of stuff!
    Overall, it was a beautiful venue with beautiful people and we loved every second of it!

Sent on 04/09/2021

Sheyla O. · Married on 11/05/2020

If I could get married again, I would choose this place every time

We held our microwedding there this past Thursday and I can’t say enough great things about Jacks Barn. To start off, it’s very COVID safe! Lots of windows for ventilation and hand sanitizer stations everywhere. The location is perfect if you’re looking for a charming, fairytale vibe. Every corner is a perfect shot for photos/video, it’s breathtaking. The food we ordered was great and our guests loved it! Darren and Demi were so helpful and accommodating, I can’t thank them enough for everything! You can tell the location is more than just a venue, it means a lot to them and it shows through its beauty!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Kristina

Kristina S. · Married on 10/23/2020

We want to go back and get married here all over again!

Jack's Barn is the most amazing venue I have ever been to. It is so gorgeous you really don't need to add anything to it. We booked with Jacks Barn 2 years ago, and like everyone else who had weddings planned this year we did not expect all this covid stuff to happen. Darren and Demi were unbelievable accommodating during this crazy time! They were always available to answer questions and they did everything they possibly could to make their venue safe and make us comfortable during the pandemic. As our wedding was getting closer and covid restrictions were still in place we had to plan for an outside wedding, but then Demi and Darren completed construction on their venue making it possible to have our wedding inside again and honestly its even more gorgeous (didn't think that was possible)! They were so kind, professional, accommodating, and easy to work with. Everyone is still talking about how incredible our wedding was and how unbelievable the venue is! Thank you so much for making our wedding so amazing!

Sent on 12/01/2020

Marie J. · Married on 10/16/2020

Beyond Excellent!!!!!!

When my daughter and future son-in-law visited Jack's Barn, they absolutely fell in love with it. It was different, as well as unique, and not the average reception hall/center. It was rustic, meticulously clean, and the grounds were gorgeous! The owner as well as staff were very friendly, professional, and accomodating.
    The day of the wedding, 10/16/2020, it poured but you would never know. No one was complaining, atmosphere was friendly, warm, and with the covid19, Darren and Demi went beyond our expectations and complied with regulations and we were inside the barn which no other venue can adapt to this covid19 as well as Darren and team made possible.
    I would recommend this venue without hesitation to those who wish for a wedding that will be long remembered!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Harold J. · Married on 10/16/2020

Tom & Kristen Lake Wedding Reception

This is the place for a rustic atmosphere wedding. The owner and staff could not have been more responsive, friendly and attentive. They seemed to make everything flow without being obtrusive.
    The whole affair was great and we had the best time.
    Thank you.

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Gaby

Gaby · Married on 10/09/2020

Perfect wedding venue

It is the perfect venue for a rustic wedding. Very clean and offer a lot of decorating elements that can be used for your wedding. They have a beautiful bridal suite. Owners are very nice and professional.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Jenna W. · Married on 09/11/2020

The perfect venue

I can’t say enough good things about Jack’s barn. Getting married during a pandemic was super stressful working with Demi and Darren made it as good as it could be. They were so flexible and kept us informed every step of the way. They went the extra mile and made permanent changes to the venue so it could be used for our wedding and I am so thankful for that. I don’t know of any other venue that really prioritized their customers they way they did. Aside from how great Demi and Darren are the venue it’s self is beautiful. It’s rustic and elegant our pictures came out beautiful. The bridal suite is perfect I loved getting ready there. If your looking for a beautiful unique and elegant venue this is it.

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 07/10/2020

A great non-traditional venue!

We were engaged for a while and looked at a LOT of venues before booking with Jack's. My husband and I weren't feeling the traditional Jersey ballroom and knew we wanted something unique and authentic. I was a little afraid of the "DIY" aspect as I'm more of an Amazon Prime person rather than Pinterest person, but once I toured the venue and talked with Darren and Demi my fears of a "DIY" venue were alleviated. The team there helped make our vision for our day go off without a hitch, and in COVID times that says A LOT! If you're looking for a place that is unique look no further!

Sent on 08/07/2020
  • Taylore

Taylore F. · Married on 06/20/2020

Pandemic Wedding

Demi and Darren are wonderful to work with. Even through the pandemic and allowing us to reschedule at no cost was amazing considering some of the horror stories I have heard. They were both always just a text or email away. They answered any question we had, no matter how many times we already asked it!! If you’re looking for an all in one, on one site venue I highly recommend

Sent on 04/16/2021

Maria · Married on 11/24/2019

Perfect wedding-11-24-19

I want to begin by stating that our wedding was AMAZING!!!! The minute we walked into Jacks Barn we knew that this was IT!! Demi and Darren are the sweetest and so helpful and accommodating. They both worked with us every step of the way and made us both feel like home. Chris was our officiant and he was the most sweetest person you can ever wish to marry you. We want to thank all three of you for making our wedding day so magical. You Rock!!! xoxo Maria & Dorota

Sent on 01/08/2020

Senem Y. · Married on 10/18/2019

Best Wedding Venue!

Darren and Demi were absolute life savers throughout the process. They met with us and went over all the details and options for the wedding day. The day of the wedding, they were both outside with us making sure the ceremony went smooth, assisted throughout the receptions and helped us clean up at the end of the night! I can’t thank them enough for everything they’ve done!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Nina

Nina C. · Married on 10/10/2019

Perfect wedding venue

I can’t say enough about Jack’s Barn. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and stress free because of Demi and Darren. The venue was absolutely beautiful and everyone that attended loved the unique barn. All the vendors that Jack’s recommendation were amazing. The bridal suit was so much fun to get ready in and we had plenty of room with 7 ladies getting ready! Anyone looking for a unique venue should go to Jack’s! You will fall in love.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Viktoria

Viktoria · Married on 08/03/2019

Dream barn wedding

The second we walked into Jack’s Barn we knew that this was it! We didn’t want a stuffy banquet hall wedding but something that was very natural and unique and Jack’s Barn fit the bill. It was very affordable compared to other barns we looked at in northern NJ and the decorations inside like the string lights and draped fabric, and the pretty grounds full of flowers got my attention right away. We also appreciated the on site bridal and groom suites so our bridal party, groomsmen, and ourselves can get ready the day of rather than wasting time with transportation. Darren and his daughter Demi made the process so smooth from the beginning and Demi met with me a few times to talk details before the big day. They even have some decorations from previous weddings that I used for my day that came in handy. We got raving reviews about how unique and cozy this venue was and guests were happy to see something knew compared to all the other weddings they’ve been to. I couldn’t have asked for a better day at Jack’s Barn. Thank you!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Demi

Demi M. · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing!

Hi,
    I am the House Manager for The Loft at Jack's Barn, and also Chris and Darren are my fathers and the owners of Jack's. I recently got married here on 5/18/19, and I wanted to leave my personal review. First off our wedding day was amazing everything went off with out a hitch, the barn looked great thanks to Darren and Chris. We could have chosen to get married anywhere but we decided the barn because it's unique, and it's perfect for us, it's our style we love our barn and we take pride in what we do, so why wouldn't we want it as our venue for the most special day of our lives! Casey and I had an AMAZING time, all of our guests had amazing time, laughing , dancing, pictures, eating!!! We hired Inez Bennett as our wedding planner and coordinator, it was hard for me to distance my self from working my own wedding to just being a bride, and she told me constantly "I will handle this, don't worry" and she did. Her staff were truly amazing so attentive, checked on us throughout the night. I would recommend her to everyone. Our caterer was Vitella Catering Ally and Franco and their staff were amazing, everyone loved the food, they were there for us every step of the way, thank you for everything! Our photographer was Cherryville Photography Elisa was amazing we cannot wait to see the pictures! she is so talented, she stuck to the timeline and got every picture we wanted! We used Peter Mackey for our Videography , he does amazing work, he was so attentive, fun to work with just amazing we wait to see everything completed! Fantasy Productions as our DJ Bob who is also the owner was truly amazing, he did everything we had asked him to do, people were dancing like the whole time which is what we wanted!!!!! Our florist was Maribel Pina from Flowers by Gbella, just amazing work, our vision came to light, her team just did an amazing job. We did a unique woodland theme and it was perfect, so much time and effort went into everything!!!!!!!! We had Metrophoto Bus Fred and Sarah, we used their camper Penny everyone loved taking their pictures in there, we received the pictures and they are hilarious! Our cake was from Cake Fiction and DELICIOUS!!!! We had specialty chocolates and macaroons from Chocodiem. Everyone loved them!!!!! We had so much fun on our day!! This would not have been possible without these wonderful people being a part of it , so thank you!!! Just a truly BEAUTIFUL day. If i could i would do this again the same way, with no changes! THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Christine M. · Married on 05/18/2019

Daughters wedding

My daughter just had her wedding at Jacks Barn...and it was absolutely beautiful! From the beginning to end the decor the attention to detail was above and beyond we ever expected. All the vendors that were used made their day so special...she was treated like a princess. If you are planning a wedding, you must make Jacks Barn a stop on your list. It started with flare and ended with fireworks! Actual Fireworks! What a surprise!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Erin P. · Married on 11/10/2018

Rustic+Elegance=Romantic atmosphere

One thing my daughter did not like about your typical reception hall is the wide open space - very impersonal, predictable, routine and boring. That's why my daughter selected Jack's Barn - The Loft. My daughter got married there last month and the guests are still talking about how beautiful and unique their wedding was!! A cross between rustic and elegance giving it the most romantic atmosphere!! The day was absolutely breathtaking! The bridal suite provided a vintage atmosphere which was perfect for picture taking and relaxation while we waited for hair and makeup and 'the' moment to arrive. The groomsmen lounge was equally perfect with leather couches, tv. Darren and Demi are absolutely wonderful to work with. Very professional, very organized and very attentive to details to help make the day perfect. They provide an open house, which I highly recommend attending, with vendors for photography, floral, wedding favors, shuttle, hotel, entertainment, decoration and detail The vendors that were selected helped create that one of kind experience because of their beautiful and unique talent, again, people are still talking about those details. The day from beginning to end was flawless! Everyone worked beautifully together! We were able to add our own personal touch to the venue with our own creative ideas, which helped to provide that one of kind setting. My daughter and I would HIGHLY recommend Jack's Barn - The Loft. I wish I had more daughters so I could work with them again - they were that amazing!!!

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2018

Great venue & great staff

My husband and I got married at Jack’s Barn in October and would recommend the venue to anyone looking for an elegant barn in an authentic rustic setting. We received many compliments on the unique space and the charm of the venue, and everyone had a great time. Darren and Demi were always very responsive and quick to answer any questions we had, and I had a lot of them! They thoroughly worked with us along the way to make sure that we had a great day.

We were also supposed to stay at their sister property, 20 Belvidere both the night before and the night of our wedding. However, there was an unfortunate situation with a broken boiler the day before our wedding that made this impossible. This threw a major wrench into a lot of plans, but Darren offered to help us secure other accommodations quickly, which was appreciated as there was not much time to do so. They then allowed early entrance to the bridal suite and were very flexible and accommodating as our needs changed. Our rehearsal dinner was also scheduled to be at 20 Belvidere, and Darren was kind enough to let us hold our dinner there even with the boiler issue. Since there was no heat, he and his staff made sure that the fireplaces were lit and constantly manned so our guests and the catering staff could be comfortable.

Our wedding day also had some unexpected challenges, but Darren, Demi, and Chris worked with us to make sure that everything ran as smoothly as it possibly could. The extra efforts they undertook were greatly appreciated, and I feel confident that they would go above and beyond for future couples as well. They are professional, detail oriented, and truly care about the couples and families they work with.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Kristy S. · Married on 10/13/2018

Jack's Barn = A M A Z I N G ! ! !

We just got married at Jack's Barn in October and the day was nothing less than PERFECT! The barn was absolutely amazing and all of our guests are raving about how it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. It's such a unique barn venue with a big bridal suite and room for the groomsmen to get ready as well. The grounds outside are beautiful and always have blooming flowers outside all year around. I would highly recommend checking this venue out if you are looking for a barn wedding. I cannot put into words how amazing our wedding was here.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Diana · Married on 11/19/2017

My husband and I were married at Jack's Barn on November 19th. We had looked at a few other venues, but when we walked into the loft, we knew we found our place. Darren, the owner, was super attentive from day 1, answering any questions or concerns at the drop of a hat. We attended the open house last February which gave us many ideas on vendors, transportation, etc on the day of. We were away at the 30 day mark prior to the wedding, and Darren and Demi were quick to work with us to make sure our timeline was perfect. When we had a potential issue with a vendor, Darren was quick to hop on the phone with me and discuss/help the situation be resolved. On the day of the wedding, Darren actually offered to pick us up at the salon to avoid added costs for us. The wedding day was more perfect than I could ever have expected. Everything ran smoothly with no issues. The venue turned out beautiful with our DIY touches. Everyone that attended the wedding could not stop talking about how great a venue it was, and what a great time they had. We had Frungillo as our caterer, and the compliments on the food are still coming! There are comments in other reviews about Darren's attentiveness, and I can say, without a doubt, that it was the best thing we could have had for our wedding. My husband and I are a bit over-organized (okay, we are both type-A!), and anything we needed, he was there - going above and beyond our expectations. We cannot say enough great things about Jack's Barn. I would recommend the venue in a heartbeat. Looking back, and remembering some of the more negative reviews that we read, they all brought up having to do everything themselves - you just have realize going in that this is not a wedding hall. This is the type of venue where it is what you make it. We had a vision, and after putting all the details together, it did not disappoint! Thank you again to Darren and Demi for all of your hard work making our wedding day a perfect memory!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Kimberly · Married on 10/14/2017

We booked the Loft at Jack’s Barn almost 18 months before our wedding. When we walked into the venue, we were blown away, but what sealed the deal, was the owner, Darren. Once we met him and saw his passion for the Loft, we knew we had found our venue. Darren and Demi helped us along the way with timely emails (sometimes very late at night), phone calls, and meetings. The Loft had many upgrades from the time we booked until our wedding day! The folks at The Loft will make any “Type A” bride feel calm! The day of the wedding, Darren and Demi took control and delivered my dream wedding. I cannot say enough amazing things about our experience with The Loft at Jack’s Barn! Thank you!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Roxana · Married on 10/07/2017

I recently had my wedding at Jacks Barn this past September. The place is absolutely gorgeous! My guest are still talking about how beautiful it was. My wedding was nothing short then AMAZING! The staff was very helpful and accommodating since day 1! I worked primarily with Darren for almost the entire planning and he was so easy to deal with. I cannot thank him enough for helping me make my DREAM wedding become a reality. I totally recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a DIY style rustic venue. Also, use their preferred photographer Nick Speer!! He is the BEST and will capture all the special moments in his creative way.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/17/2017

I wish I could give more stars to this incredible venue. From our first meeting with Darren, my husband and I knew this was the perfect venue for our wedding day. Darren, Demi, and his whole team could not have been more helpful and accommodating. From their amazing vendor recommendations to their exceptionally quick response times on any and all questions, they helped make planning our wedding a smooth and painless process. We visited the barn on multiple occasions prior to the big day, and every time we did we felt at home. The amount of work Darren and his team put into making the space the absolute best it can be is nothing short of incredible. They are constantly thinking of their client's needs and adding/fixing things to better accommodate them. I can not say enough great things about this venue. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day, and our guests continue to gush about how amazing everything was!! Thank you for everything you have done, Darren- you were a pleasure to work with and the Barn is a hidden gem!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Pamela · Married on 09/08/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Jack's recently. Darren, his daughter Demi, and the rest of the staff here are top notch! We had family come to NJ, mostly from South America, so we rented the Twenty Belvidere as well, which Darren also owns, for a two night stay and our rehearsal dinner.

As for Jack's, it's one of the most unique, beautiful places to have a wedding in the State of New Jersey. We had great weather, so we were able to marry on the expansive green lawn under the wooden arch right behind the barn. The town of Oxford and the venue make for an ideal, ethereal wedding experience. Our guests could not stop talking about how cool the setting and venue was! So different from most NJ wedding experiences.

If you're looking to do a rustic, bohemian-style wedding, this is the place to do it. We did a lot of things ourselves and we wanted creative control over the ambiance and decorations. The great thing about Jack's is that it's so simple and well decorated that you don't need to do much to make it look good.

Darren and his staff, as well the preferred vendors he works with are great and make the whole experience stress-free and worthwhile for the guests.

Have your wedding at Jack's - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Maureen · Married on 09/02/2017

So, I used Jack's Barn for a Surprise birthday Party for my husband...and they were fabulous to work with! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 09/06/2017