The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake Resort Reviews

125 | Reeders, PA

125 Reviews for The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake Resort

Gabrielle Mathiesen · Married on 10/04/2019

Simply Perfect

My husband and I had our wedding at the Lodge on October 4th, and the entire process was a dream. From start to finish, the staff at the Lodge was professional, detail oriented, and so easy to work with.

Planning our wedding with our coordinator Lindsay was both easy and fun. My husband and I had clear expectations of what to plan before meeting. Lindsay was so helpful in thinking about little details that I might not have noticed, and kept us organized so we could relax on our big day.

AND THE FOOD IS AMAZING. They have so many creative and delicious options that are all beautifully played. We received so many compliments from our guests about how tasty the food was! Their waitstaff is top notch, not only being attentive to our guests but especially taking care of our bridal party.

The property is STUNNING. We chose to have our ceremony on-site and also did a first reveal, which allowed us to spend more time taking pictures throughout the property. We used their manicured fields and rustic roads for bridal party shots, and snuck away to their breathtaking lake after the ceremony to take what ended up being our favorite pictures of the day.

Our wedding day was so special, and that is very much thanks to Robin, Lindsay, and the entire staff at the Lodge. My husband and I would highly recommend the Lodge for any couple looking to have an authentic and romantic wedding day that they’ll never forget!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Terri

Terri Hilbert · Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!

From the first time you step foot on this property, you just know that you can stop looking for your venue. Peaceful and private and gorgeous! The staff work to make all of your expectations for the big day to come true. They are very knowledgeable and extremely professional and have an answer for every question! The food is perfection and they have so many options to fit every celebration. As the Mother of the Groom, I could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Sepe · Married on 08/09/2019

Top notch venue!!!!

The venue was gorgeous and the staff was TOP NOTCH!!! It was the most perfect evening and a lot of that was because of the venue. Pam was wonderful and went above and beyond to tend to all of our needs and was so patient throughout the entire process!! Its an amazing team of people and we are so grateful for them in helping create one of the best nights of our entire life!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing venue + Amazing service= The best day ever

Book your wedding at The Lodge, you will not regret it! This place is seriously a hidden gem. Everything about our wedding was perfect and better than I could have ever imagined. From the first time we visited the venue we fell in love with it. The venue is beautiful! If you are looking to save cost on decorations then The Lodge is the way to go. The venue is beautiful as is, you don't need much if any decorations to make it look nice. On top of that the food is AMAZING! You can't go wrong with any of the food options here. The service was incredible all day long. Our wedding coordinator, Sharon, was amazing too! So helpful, always responded quickly to emails. She made the whole wedding planning process enjoyable and made our wedding day run smoothly. I can not say enough good things about this place and the service. We had such a magical day and would not change a thing about our wedding. We got so many compliments about the venue, the food, and the service from guest at the wedding and even after the wedding. Thank you to everyone at The Lodge for making our wedding better than I could have ever imagined

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Mary

Mary Kate Mcfarland Ambrosius · Married on 03/11/2019

Knew from the first visit!

From the moment we stepped into The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake and were warmly welcomed by Sharon and the staff, my husband and I knew that this was the place we wanted to be married. Sharon (our wedding coordinator) was so professional and so communicative; she made what could have been a stressful process so easy! The day of the wedding, everything ran seamless. Our guests were thrilled with the service and the quality of the food. The fact that you are the only event there that day makes every difference in the world; everyone's efforts were on our wedding and all of our needs were anticipated! I am so happy we chose MSL for our wedding ceremony and reception. We highly recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Heather · Married on 11/03/2018

Hidden Gem

It's amazing how many people have never heard of this venue because it is absolutely perfect! My now husband and I liked it online and fell in love with it in person. The property is just breathtaking, the food was top notch, and the staff was wonderful. We had Cindy as our coordinator and she made the whole planning process a breeze. She treated us like family every time we talked and took care of our wedding details in the same manner. Our only downfall was that it down poured the night before our wedding, causing us to move our ceremony indoors since the ground was so soggy. However, everything still went so smoothly and our guests loved the set up indoors. MSL really outdid themselves and our wedding was the sole focus of the day.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Tessa

Tessa · Married on 09/01/2018

Book MSL now - You will not regret it! Best day ever.

We are so thankful we chose MSL and can say that because we chose them we had the most magical day (and weekend) of our lives. We loved the intimacy of this venue and that there is only one wedding per day. Having friends and family stay in cabins on the gorgeous lake is also a total bonus! Getting married under huge canopy trees (next to a pond) and right by the beautiful historic Lodge + red barn was like a dream. We weren’t sure the weather would hold out and the great news is getting married inside the Lodge would have still be just as nice (basically all the walls are glass windows - just gorgeous -- and the green trees are all so visible). Luckily the weather held out for us and we were one with nature on our big day. I have friends who told me our wedding was literally the best wedding or one of the best weddings they have ever attended and MSL was a huge part of why. The Lodge was very supportive, attentive and helped us with any of our specific requests. Cindy was incredibly detailed focused (which I needed) and was always responsive and thorough in all our planning leading up. Cindy, Lindsay, Robyn and Pam made sure that on the day of, everything was covered. I did not have to worry about one single thing. No bride should! We loved the food and our guests only had positive things to say about the hors d'oeuvres, main course and desserts! Photos on the lake are a photographer’s dream and we were blown away by the lake and roads with high trees scenery (amazing first look back drop). We will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives. My husband’s family worked with Robyn & Pam directly for using the pavilion for our Welcome Party Friday night and sounds like they were a dream to work with too. The party was a fun BBQ and such an amazing way to kick things off with our guests. Can you say fire pit for s'mores? AMAZING! Ben was also very helpful in our Welcome Party planning! We got married labor day weekend so on Sunday we had a bagels and mimosas on the beach (West Lake) - the sun was shining and we hung out in floaties and played corn hole with our guests - it was the perfect relaxing way to end the perfect weekend at MSL. Book MSL before it fills up - if we could do it again, we would 100% choose MSL. Insider Tip- as soon as you book, work with the office to book cabins for all your guests as soon as you can - the cabins can fill up quickly! :) MSL will always be a special place to us and we look forward to coming back in years to come to celebrate our anniversary! THANK YOU SO MUCH CINDY AND MSL! We love you guys and thank you for making our wedding weekend the best weekend ever.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/14/2018

Perfect Experience - Highly Recommend!

Having my wedding at the Lodge at MSLR was such an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend them enough! From the moment my husband and I first visited and met Sharon, we could tell that this was a special place. The amount of care and attention everyone we worked with provided throughout the entire planning process was superb. Cindy was our planner and day of coordinator, and handled so many details that my experience as the bride was as painless as possible. The outdoor ceremony space and indoor reception hall are BEAUTIFUL and kept in fantastic condition, and Cindy and her team set up all of the minimal decor I provided with such thoughtfulness and added so many special touches throughout the venue. The food was FANTASTIC - the best my husband and I have had at any wedding we've been to, and our guests raved about it. All of the staff were so wonderful and kind throughout our wedding day, making sure that we ate, treating us like VIP throughout, and even sending us home with leftovers, which we thoroughly enjoyed the day after. I'm so grateful that we were able to have our wedding at MSLR, and wholeheartedly recommend them!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Abby · Married on 06/09/2018

Our wedding here was absolutely perfect. The service, food, and location were amazing. Everybody who attended couldn't stop raving about it, saying it was the best wedding they had been to! Our wedding was supposed to be outdoors, but due to rain it was moved inside and it was just as beautiful. If I had to do it again, I'd pick the lodge all over again!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Erica C · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing location for the perfect wedding

The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake was the perfect place for the wedding of our dreams. It was the absolute perfect setting. The service was outstanding....couldn't have asked for anything more. All of our needs were met with professionalism and enthusiasm. No ask was too small. The setting made for the perfect wedding photos that will last a lifetime. And the food was outstanding....everyone is still talking about it 6 months later.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Jennifer Jones · Married on 05/12/2018

Great wedding

We had such a wonderful day. The staff made everything go so smoothly and made me feel truly special. Exactly what every bride wants.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 03/10/2018

We just had our wedding this past weekend at the Lodge and it was AMAZING! The venue, the food, the cabins, the coordinators, EVERYTHING! We seriously can't say enough about how great our experience was!

Sent on 03/14/2018

sal · Married on 10/01/2017

excellent....service excellent, food excellent....everything was well organized...Lindsay, the wedding planner was the best...everything went to perfection....the grounds were perfect...inside was spotless.....beautiful place for a wedding....

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kelley · Married on 10/01/2017

We had our wedding here on October 1 2017. The lodge made us truly have our dream wedding and so much more. Everything from start to finish was amazing. I highly recommend the lodge!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kelli · Married on 09/22/2017

Honestly it was the best day ever! I got married just last month and had a romantic, rustic wedding which the Lodge is the PERFECT place for! The staff was absolutely amazing! They executed my vision of the day even better than what I thought, which is even more difficult since I planned my wedding from California! The food was ABSOLUTELY delicious, my friends and family are still talking about how delicious everything was from hors d'oeuvres to main course to the cake and desserts! Another great accommodation they have is the cabins so your guests can stay on the property which is perfect for partying guests and bridal parties! I honestly cannot speak highly enough about the staff and everyone involved in making me and my guests feel like royalty! I wish I could get married again!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Shaylin · Married on 09/03/2017

Mountain Springs Lake was perfect. Our coordinator, Lindsay, was extremely accommodating especially when it seemed like it would rain and we needed to make big last minute changes and my emotions were all over the place. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and all my guests were impressed. We also got an extra entree and 10 dollars off per person with their end of season deal which was amazing. The resort was also accommodating for the rest of the weekend as we hosted other pre-wedding events at our cabins. It was a wonderful weekend.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Julienne · Married on 09/02/2017

Our wedding day on 9/2 at the the lodge was simply the best day of our lives! I cannot recommend this venue highly enough. The room is stunning with big glass windows looking out to a beautiful pond surrounded by trees and flowers, and inside is an elegant ballroom. TJ Price, the wedding coordinator is phenomenal to work with, and honored all of our many requests for the wedding day. She was there for us at any time throughout the planning process if we had any questions, and was there to make sure everything went according to plan on the wedding day. The food was delicious, our guests could not stop raving about it. We also stayed in the on site cottages throughout the weekend with many of our wedding guests, and had a blast. It felt like the party continued for three days! The lake there is beautiful and each cottage comes with a row boat. It was the perfect place to have family travel from near and far to spend the weekend together! There is also a wonderful bridal spa cottage there which the girls used the morning of the wedding to get ready in. It is an adorable cottage set up perfectly for getting hair and makeup done, and the lodge provided us with drinks, snacks, and champagne. We visited many venues in the area prior to booking, and this one is without a doubt the best you will find! All of our guests raved that it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Rhonda · Married on 08/19/2017

Our daughter and son-in-law, Katie and Corey, had their wedding at The Lodge in August. The setting is so beautiful and was perfect for the outdoor ceremony and photographs. We enjoyed every minute of our special day. Cindy and the staff took care of everything, and we were able to just relax and enjoy a great time with family and friends. Everyone raved about the food and loved everything from the cocktail hour out on the patio to the sparkler sen-off of the bride and groom. As mother of the bride, the best thing of all was having my daughter say her wedding day was all she dreamed it would be.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Kimberley · Married on 08/12/2017

Best experience I could have asked for. Staff was very stupportive and understanding. They were flexible and willing to work with you. I loved the food!! The guest loved the place! I highly suggest this place to anyone who is getting married!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Lori · Married on 08/05/2017

The lodge at mountain spring lake is a perfect place for a wedding! I had my wedding there in August and not only was the venue beautiful but the staff made everything easy. Our wedding specialist, Cindy, met with us multiple times over the course of the year to make sure that we were getting our planning done and was very quick to respond to any questions I had. We live about 2 hours away from Reeders, PA and the lodge worked with us with having a phone conference when we needed to discuss wedding day details. We went for the Fall showcase last year and were able to taste the exquisite food to help make our dining choices. The guests at the wedding still tell me about how great the food was, even months later! We utilized preferred vendors from the lodge for our photographer, DJ, officiant, florist, and makeup artist and they were all wonderful as well! We lucked out and had a magnificent sunny day which granted us with many options to take photos with the bridal party, family, and my husband. We actually took some photos in the row boats on the lake! The bridal party and our families rented the cabins at the lodge and they were very impressed with the rustic feel but also the modern amenities that the cabins provided. I would highly recommend the lodge at mountain spring lake to anyone who is looking for an outdoor wedding. The location, the food, and the service were above and beyond what we expected and we are so grateful that we chose the lodge at mountain spring lake for our wedding day!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Becky · Married on 05/20/2017

As the mother of the bride, words would never express how happy our daughter and son in law picked Mountain Springs Lake. Robin, Cindy and Sharon were able to customize the wedding for us and make it a truly elegant and wonderful experience. The venue, food and service were beyond expectations. Our friends continue to comment on how they loved everything and will always remember “this wedding”! It truly gave us memories to last a lifetime!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Kaity · Married on 05/05/2017

We can't begin to describe how happy we are with Mountain Springs Lake Resort. We are located in North Jersey and we knew we wanted to be married somewhere special, away from the everyday scenery. We saw several places in NJ, we researched A LOT of venues. When we first visited MSLR, we were in love. We immediately knew this place was special, classy, drop dead gorgeous, and had everything we wanted - cabins for guests, a bridal spa for getting ready on-site, gorgeous lake and greenery EVERYWHERE. Their packages were reasonable and our coordinator, Cindy, was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish.

When we attended the food tasting, we were HOOKED. The most delicious food options. In fact, our guests could not stop raving about the food - the parmesan-crusted chicken and sirloin in particular.

Cindy was there on the day of the event to see that everything was taken care of exactly as we wanted. Our guests commented on how well everything flowed, how they felt that they were able to be a part of everything (the bouquet toss, the cake cutting, etc.). The servers made sure that glasses were full, napkins were folded, etc. without hovering. We had many guests comment on that, on how they weren't hovering but they somehow took care of everything while remaining in the background.

I could go on and on about our experience. I would 100% recommend to any couple looking for a mini-destination wedding (only an hour from NJ/NY) in the most gorgeous place.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Jenny · Married on 04/29/2017

If you are deciding where to book your wedding in the Poconos area, look no more! I have lived here my whole life and never knew this place existed. It is a beautiful location and I'm so thrilled we booked with them. Not only is the food amazing, service top notch, and location gorgeous, but you are the only wedding that is going on that day! That alone was really big for me. Our wedding coordinator was Cindy and she just went above and beyond to give us the perfect day. I literally did not have to stress about a single thing. She is very responsive, detailed, and helpful. She was there the whole day of our wedding and helped with everything and made sure everything was how we wanted. I got so many compliments from friends and family about how it was the best wedding they had been to. I know this was mainly because of the lengths that MSL goes through to make sure you have your perfect day. This venue is a little bit more pricey than other venues in the area but it is 100% worth it. You want everything to be stress free and amazing on your big day so it's worth it to spend the extra money to get this top notch service. Everyone who stayed in the cottages had a blast and were taken care of as well. I can't say enough nice things about Cindy, Sharon, Christina, Ben, or any of the other staff members at this resort. I would highly recommend Mountain Springs Lake to anyone.

Sent on 05/10/2017

Lara · Married on 09/24/2016

Our wedding at The Lodge was perfect! The service, the food and everything in between was awesome! Cindy was our wedding coordinator and she worked with us from beginning to end to make sure everything would be just the way we had hoped. I would absolutely recommend the Lodge to anyone looking for a beautiful venue that does their best to make sure your day is perfect! It was the best day ever and we are so grateful for all that they did to make it a smooth and wonderful day :)

Sent on 10/01/2016

Brian · Married on 09/24/2016

Perfect! That is the word our family is using to describe my daughter's wedding 9/24/16. The weather, the staff, the facility, the food, the planning - all perfect! The staff at MSLR worked out every fine detail and planned the event down to the minute - and it all went off without a hitch. A family that started to plan a wedding with great anxiety were assured, informed and well apprised of every step along the way during our planning process. Many of our family members stayed in the cabins for two nights and had a great time! We are already talking about a family reunion at MSLR one year from now. Compared to other wedding facilities we looked at in the area, this one was hands down the best - from location to price. The food and wait staff were superb. I would HIGHLY recommend Mountain Springs Lake Resort!

Sent on 09/27/2016