The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake Resort Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Victoria D. Married on 10/10/2021

Amazing!

My husband & I recently had our wedding on Oct. 10 2021. I can not even express enough how much us as well as our guests loved the lodge. We booked our wedding 2 years ago and patiently waited for the day (which was everything and more) we spent the weekend at the lodge with 50+ of our family & friends. The suites we stayed in were absolutely stunning, extremely spacious and extremely well kept! The cabins on the lake are so BEAUTIFUL as well. Waking up to the fresh crisp air and looking out on the beautiful lake in the fall was one of the main reasons we picked this venue. My guests are still talking about it! The food was amazing along with the staff. They didn’t miss a beat. We had an after party at the orchard which my guest appreciated so much. We had the fire pit and hired a food truck & had a beer wall delivered. It was so relaxing and cozy. Sharron is the best coordinator, she went above and beyond to perfect everything I asked for and was truly a pleasure to work with. I truly can’t thank her enough. I even had the pleasure of meeting the owners Robin & Bill. They were sweetest and accommodated us in every way possible. It will be a day we will forever remember. If you’re looking for a venue within Pennsylvania to fully grasp the beautiful atmosphere it holds as well as great service, this is a great venue!

The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake Resort's reply:

Thank you, Victoria for your kind words. You and Andrew had a spectacular event and we're so grateful you chose us for your wedding day. Those photos are just GORGEOUS; thank you for sharing. Hope to see you again soon!
    Sokieu M. Married on 10/08/2021

The best venue in nepa

We can't pick just one reason why we loved the Lodge so much! Our guests were the only ones on site during our wedding, meaning not another event going on at the same time! The venue is BEAUTIFUL and it is very isolated (no other sounds except from nature). We LOVED the food at our tasting, our guests can't stop talking about how delicious the hor d'oeuvres and dinner were, the drinks... everything. We are sad we can't go there just for dinner!! We LOVED our coordinator, Sharon, I would say she was at least 50% of the reason why we chose this venue. She was very responsive and always so warm and friendly. After we snuck off for photos during cocktail hour, Sharon brought us hor d'oeuvres and drinks up to the room and gave us a few minutes to quietly eat and enjoy each other's company. Honestly I cannot say a single negative thing about this venue or about the people that work here. Thank you for a lifetime of memories!

The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake Resort's reply:

Sokieu, you're the best! Thank you for this amazing review. We loved, loved, LOVED working with you and Anthony, creating such a perfect event. Congrats on your nuptials and we wish you the very best. We hope to see you back at MSLR in the future!
    Amy G. Married on 09/10/2021

Perfect Wedding Weekend

We had our wedding at The Lodge this September and it was better than anything I could have dreamed of! We rented out the whole resort for the weekend and the staff at Mountain Springs Lake Resort/The Lodge went above and beyond to make it a high-class, professionally coordinated experience from start to finish. Thursday night was our rehearsal and welcome party, Friday was our wedding, and Saturday was a casual "goodbye" beach party. We are still getting calls and notes from our guests months later saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to and they cannot wait to go back to the resort! Oh and the food....truly worthy of a 5-star restaurant. Our coordinator at The Lodge gave us the perfect recommendations for scheduling, photographers, florists, and overall planning/details for the whole weekend. We could not have pulled it together without them. They took so much heavy lifting off of my shoulders that planning an entire weekend full of events felt like a breeze. Thank you to the entire team at MSL and The Lodge for making our wedding weekend dreams come true!
  • Lauren
    Lauren R. Married on 09/05/2021

A Dream Come True

The Lodge was the first venue that my husband and I toured. From the moment we drove onto the property and walked into the Lodge for the first time, we were blown away. It is absolutely gorgeous! The large floor to ceiling windows provide beautiful natural lighting and make you feel like you are outdoors. Following our tour, we immediately booked our wedding date and canceled all future tours with other venues. We knew it was THE ONE. Our coordinator, Sharon, was absolutely wonderful! She was super responsive to all of our emails and truly a blessing as she helped make our wedding dreams a reality. She relieved so much of our stress and really made our wedding day run smoothly allowing us to enjoy every second of our big day. The food at the Lodge is the best I've ever had at a wedding. It is all so delicious, cooked to perfection, and displayed beautifully. They also have SO many unique choices on the menu. Our guests are still talking about our wedding and how much they loved the venue, food, music, and service. I truly cannot say enough good things about the Lodge. I would choose this venue over and over and over again.

The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake Resort's reply:

Wow! Thank you, Lauren! You and Justin were a dream couple and your wedding simply beautiful. Thank you for choosing use to host your special day. Your photos are gorgeous; thank you for sharing them! We hope you'll come back to visit MSLR in the future!
    Gabrielle M. Married on 10/04/2019

Simply Perfect

My husband and I had our wedding at the Lodge on October 4th, and the entire process was a dream. From start to finish, the staff at the Lodge was professional, detail oriented, and so easy to work with.

Planning our wedding with our coordinator Lindsay was both easy and fun. My husband and I had clear expectations of what to plan before meeting. Lindsay was so helpful in thinking about little details that I might not have noticed, and kept us organized so we could relax on our big day.

AND THE FOOD IS AMAZING. They have so many creative and delicious options that are all beautifully played. We received so many compliments from our guests about how tasty the food was! Their waitstaff is top notch, not only being attentive to our guests but especially taking care of our bridal party.

The property is STUNNING. We chose to have our ceremony on-site and also did a first reveal, which allowed us to spend more time taking pictures throughout the property. We used their manicured fields and rustic roads for bridal party shots, and snuck away to their breathtaking lake after the ceremony to take what ended up being our favorite pictures of the day.

Our wedding day was so special, and that is very much thanks to Robin, Lindsay, and the entire staff at the Lodge. My husband and I would highly recommend the Lodge for any couple looking to have an authentic and romantic wedding day that they’ll never forget!
  • Terri
    Terri H. Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!

From the first time you step foot on this property, you just know that you can stop looking for your venue. Peaceful and private and gorgeous! The staff work to make all of your expectations for the big day to come true. They are very knowledgeable and extremely professional and have an answer for every question! The food is perfection and they have so many options to fit every celebration. As the Mother of the Groom, I could not have asked for anything more!
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie S. Married on 08/09/2019

Top notch venue!!!!

The venue was gorgeous and the staff was TOP NOTCH!!! It was the most perfect evening and a lot of that was because of the venue. Pam was wonderful and went above and beyond to tend to all of our needs and was so patient throughout the entire process!! Its an amazing team of people and we are so grateful for them in helping create one of the best nights of our entire life!!!!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing venue + Amazing service= The best day ever

Book your wedding at The Lodge, you will not regret it! This place is seriously a hidden gem. Everything about our wedding was perfect and better than I could have ever imagined. From the first time we visited the venue we fell in love with it. The venue is beautiful! If you are looking to save cost on decorations then The Lodge is the way to go. The venue is beautiful as is, you don't need much if any decorations to make it look nice. On top of that the food is AMAZING! You can't go wrong with any of the food options here. The service was incredible all day long. Our wedding coordinator, Sharon, was amazing too! So helpful, always responded quickly to emails. She made the whole wedding planning process enjoyable and made our wedding day run smoothly. I can not say enough good things about this place and the service. We had such a magical day and would not change a thing about our wedding. We got so many compliments about the venue, the food, and the service from guest at the wedding and even after the wedding. Thank you to everyone at The Lodge for making our wedding better than I could have ever imagined
  • Mary
    Mary K. Married on 03/11/2019

Knew from the first visit!

From the moment we stepped into The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake and were warmly welcomed by Sharon and the staff, my husband and I knew that this was the place we wanted to be married. Sharon (our wedding coordinator) was so professional and so communicative; she made what could have been a stressful process so easy! The day of the wedding, everything ran seamless. Our guests were thrilled with the service and the quality of the food. The fact that you are the only event there that day makes every difference in the world; everyone's efforts were on our wedding and all of our needs were anticipated! I am so happy we chose MSL for our wedding ceremony and reception. We highly recommend!
    Heather Married on 11/03/2018

Hidden Gem

It's amazing how many people have never heard of this venue because it is absolutely perfect! My now husband and I liked it online and fell in love with it in person. The property is just breathtaking, the food was top notch, and the staff was wonderful. We had Cindy as our coordinator and she made the whole planning process a breeze. She treated us like family every time we talked and took care of our wedding details in the same manner. Our only downfall was that it down poured the night before our wedding, causing us to move our ceremony indoors since the ground was so soggy. However, everything still went so smoothly and our guests loved the set up indoors. MSL really outdid themselves and our wedding was the sole focus of the day.
  • Tessa
    Tessa Married on 09/01/2018

Book MSL now - You will not regret it! Best day ever.

We are so thankful we chose MSL and can say that because we chose them we had the most magical day (and weekend) of our lives. We loved the intimacy of this venue and that there is only one wedding per day. Having friends and family stay in cabins on the gorgeous lake is also a total bonus! Getting married under huge canopy trees (next to a pond) and right by the beautiful historic Lodge + red barn was like a dream. We weren’t sure the weather would hold out and the great news is getting married inside the Lodge would have still be just as nice (basically all the walls are glass windows - just gorgeous -- and the green trees are all so visible). Luckily the weather held out for us and we were one with nature on our big day. I have friends who told me our wedding was literally the best wedding or one of the best weddings they have ever attended and MSL was a huge part of why. The Lodge was very supportive, attentive and helped us with any of our specific requests. Cindy was incredibly detailed focused (which I needed) and was always responsive and thorough in all our planning leading up. Cindy, Lindsay, Robyn and Pam made sure that on the day of, everything was covered. I did not have to worry about one single thing. No bride should! We loved the food and our guests only had positive things to say about the hors d'oeuvres, main course and desserts! Photos on the lake are a photographer’s dream and we were blown away by the lake and roads with high trees scenery (amazing first look back drop). We will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives. My husband’s family worked with Robyn & Pam directly for using the pavilion for our Welcome Party Friday night and sounds like they were a dream to work with too. The party was a fun BBQ and such an amazing way to kick things off with our guests. Can you say fire pit for s'mores? AMAZING! Ben was also very helpful in our Welcome Party planning! We got married labor day weekend so on Sunday we had a bagels and mimosas on the beach (West Lake) - the sun was shining and we hung out in floaties and played corn hole with our guests - it was the perfect relaxing way to end the perfect weekend at MSL. Book MSL before it fills up - if we could do it again, we would 100% choose MSL. Insider Tip- as soon as you book, work with the office to book cabins for all your guests as soon as you can - the cabins can fill up quickly! :) MSL will always be a special place to us and we look forward to coming back in years to come to celebrate our anniversary! THANK YOU SO MUCH CINDY AND MSL! We love you guys and thank you for making our wedding weekend the best weekend ever.
    Jessica Married on 07/14/2018

Perfect Experience - Highly Recommend!

Having my wedding at the Lodge at MSLR was such an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend them enough! From the moment my husband and I first visited and met Sharon, we could tell that this was a special place. The amount of care and attention everyone we worked with provided throughout the entire planning process was superb. Cindy was our planner and day of coordinator, and handled so many details that my experience as the bride was as painless as possible. The outdoor ceremony space and indoor reception hall are BEAUTIFUL and kept in fantastic condition, and Cindy and her team set up all of the minimal decor I provided with such thoughtfulness and added so many special touches throughout the venue. The food was FANTASTIC - the best my husband and I have had at any wedding we've been to, and our guests raved about it. All of the staff were so wonderful and kind throughout our wedding day, making sure that we ate, treating us like VIP throughout, and even sending us home with leftovers, which we thoroughly enjoyed the day after. I'm so grateful that we were able to have our wedding at MSLR, and wholeheartedly recommend them!
    Abby Married on 06/09/2018
    Our wedding here was absolutely perfect. The service, food, and location were amazing. Everybody who attended couldn't stop raving about it, saying it was the best wedding they had been to! Our wedding was supposed to be outdoors, but due to rain it was moved inside and it was just as beautiful. If I had to do it again, I'd pick the lodge all over again!
    Erica Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing location for the perfect wedding

The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake was the perfect place for the wedding of our dreams. It was the absolute perfect setting. The service was outstanding....couldn't have asked for anything more. All of our needs were met with professionalism and enthusiasm. No ask was too small. The setting made for the perfect wedding photos that will last a lifetime. And the food was outstanding....everyone is still talking about it 6 months later.
    Jennifer J. Married on 05/12/2018

Great wedding

We had such a wonderful day. The staff made everything go so smoothly and made me feel truly special. Exactly what every bride wants.
    Jacqueline Married on 03/10/2018
    We just had our wedding this past weekend at the Lodge and it was AMAZING! The venue, the food, the cabins, the coordinators, EVERYTHING! We seriously can't say enough about how great our experience was!
    Sal Married on 10/01/2017
    excellent....service excellent, food excellent....everything was well organized...Lindsay, the wedding planner was the best...everything went to perfection....the grounds were perfect...inside was spotless.....beautiful place for a wedding....

Kelley Married on 10/01/2017
    We had our wedding here on October 1 2017. The lodge made us truly have our dream wedding and so much more. Everything from start to finish was amazing. I highly recommend the lodge!
    Kelli Married on 09/22/2017
    Honestly it was the best day ever! I got married just last month and had a romantic, rustic wedding which the Lodge is the PERFECT place for! The staff was absolutely amazing! They executed my vision of the day even better than what I thought, which is even more difficult since I planned my wedding from California! The food was ABSOLUTELY delicious, my friends and family are still talking about how delicious everything was from hors d'oeuvres to main course to the cake and desserts! Another great accommodation they have is the cabins so your guests can stay on the property which is perfect for partying guests and bridal parties! I honestly cannot speak highly enough about the staff and everyone involved in making me and my guests feel like royalty! I wish I could get married again!
    Shaylin Married on 09/03/2017
    Mountain Springs Lake was perfect. Our coordinator, Lindsay, was extremely accommodating especially when it seemed like it would rain and we needed to make big last minute changes and my emotions were all over the place. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and all my guests were impressed. We also got an extra entree and 10 dollars off per person with their end of season deal which was amazing. The resort was also accommodating for the rest of the weekend as we hosted other pre-wedding events at our cabins. It was a wonderful weekend.
    Julienne Married on 09/02/2017
    Our wedding day on 9/2 at the the lodge was simply the best day of our lives! I cannot recommend this venue highly enough. The room is stunning with big glass windows looking out to a beautiful pond surrounded by trees and flowers, and inside is an elegant ballroom. TJ Price, the wedding coordinator is phenomenal to work with, and honored all of our many requests for the wedding day. She was there for us at any time throughout the planning process if we had any questions, and was there to make sure everything went according to plan on the wedding day. The food was delicious, our guests could not stop raving about it. We also stayed in the on site cottages throughout the weekend with many of our wedding guests, and had a blast. It felt like the party continued for three days! The lake there is beautiful and each cottage comes with a row boat. It was the perfect place to have family travel from near and far to spend the weekend together! There is also a wonderful bridal spa cottage there which the girls used the morning of the wedding to get ready in. It is an adorable cottage set up perfectly for getting hair and makeup done, and the lodge provided us with drinks, snacks, and champagne. We visited many venues in the area prior to booking, and this one is without a doubt the best you will find! All of our guests raved that it was the best wedding they had ever been to!
    Rhonda Married on 08/19/2017
    Our daughter and son-in-law, Katie and Corey, had their wedding at The Lodge in August. The setting is so beautiful and was perfect for the outdoor ceremony and photographs. We enjoyed every minute of our special day. Cindy and the staff took care of everything, and we were able to just relax and enjoy a great time with family and friends. Everyone raved about the food and loved everything from the cocktail hour out on the patio to the sparkler sen-off of the bride and groom. As mother of the bride, the best thing of all was having my daughter say her wedding day was all she dreamed it would be.
    Kimberley Married on 08/12/2017
    Best experience I could have asked for. Staff was very stupportive and understanding. They were flexible and willing to work with you. I loved the food!! The guest loved the place! I highly suggest this place to anyone who is getting married!!
    Lori Married on 08/05/2017
    The lodge at mountain spring lake is a perfect place for a wedding! I had my wedding there in August and not only was the venue beautiful but the staff made everything easy. Our wedding specialist, Cindy, met with us multiple times over the course of the year to make sure that we were getting our planning done and was very quick to respond to any questions I had. We live about 2 hours away from Reeders, PA and the lodge worked with us with having a phone conference when we needed to discuss wedding day details. We went for the Fall showcase last year and were able to taste the exquisite food to help make our dining choices. The guests at the wedding still tell me about how great the food was, even months later! We utilized preferred vendors from the lodge for our photographer, DJ, officiant, florist, and makeup artist and they were all wonderful as well! We lucked out and had a magnificent sunny day which granted us with many options to take photos with the bridal party, family, and my husband. We actually took some photos in the row boats on the lake! The bridal party and our families rented the cabins at the lodge and they were very impressed with the rustic feel but also the modern amenities that the cabins provided. I would highly recommend the lodge at mountain spring lake to anyone who is looking for an outdoor wedding. The location, the food, and the service were above and beyond what we expected and we are so grateful that we chose the lodge at mountain spring lake for our wedding day!
    Becky Married on 05/20/2017
    As the mother of the bride, words would never express how happy our daughter and son in law picked Mountain Springs Lake. Robin, Cindy and Sharon were able to customize the wedding for us and make it a truly elegant and wonderful experience. The venue, food and service were beyond expectations. Our friends continue to comment on how they loved everything and will always remember “this wedding”! It truly gave us memories to last a lifetime!