23 Reviews for The Little Herb House

Uncovered Outdoor (3)
Covered Outdoor (2)
Cake (1)
23 The Little Herb House Reviews

We got married at The Little Herb House on June 2, 2018 and it was better than we could ever have imagined! It is truly one of the most beautiful venues we had ever seen - Lisa does an amazing job keeping up with the property! We had our ceremony by the pond and our reception in the barn. These two locations are absolutely stunning on their own and did not NEED many decorations at all to ensure that we had a beautiful wedding. We are so thankful that Lisa had followed her calling and turned her property into a wedding venue. We could not have imagined getting married anywhere else and HIGHLY suggest considering The Little Herb House!!!

Photo for The Little Herb House Review - Ben Belt Photography
Profile Picture Danielle, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Little Herb House and Lisa (the owner) were fantastic! The venue is BEAUTIFUL, the use of the bridal house all weekend was perfect, and being able to perform the ceremony by the water made for an amazing backdrop! Many of our guest were blown away by the venue and said it was PERFECT! We cannot thank you enough for helping us to make our daughters (and new son!) wedding special and one that many will not forget!

Profile Picture Karen, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lisa and Craig. Lisa was there every step of the way and was wonderful from the moment we toured the property all the way until our big day came. The property has so many gorgeous spots to choose from for the ceremony and the entire place is beautiful. Our guests were coming up to us all night asking how we found The Little Herb House and complimenting the barn and grounds. Craig spent all day and night in the blistering heat managing the parking lot and directing our guests and Lisa was outside early in the morning watering the plants and making sure everything was perfect before our guests arrived. We could not have asked for a better venue or couple to work with. My husband found The Little Herb House after a quick google search and I am so glad he did because we could not have been any happier with how our wedding turned out! The Little Herb House will always hold a special place in our hearts and Craig and Lisa are an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Brittney, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Little Herb House was the perfect setting for my daughters wedding! Everything was picture perfect and the owners were very accommodating on all requests.

Profile Picture roberta, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most beautiful venue!! Totally worth every penny!!

Profile Picture Chelsy, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Parking

This is the venue of my dreams. I had my engagement photos, bridal sessions, ceremony, and reception at The Barn & Gardens. You absolutely will never find more beautiful scenery in North Carolina for a wedding or event. The venue itself sold me at first sight. The options are endless on the huge farm. The staff and planner made my dream wedding possible. Everything went just perfectly without a hitch. Most importantly for me, this venue is extremely unique. I have never seen another wedding similar to mine. The venue is versatile, you can go rustic, or you can go formal and elegant, as I chose.

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/13/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Parking

The Barn & Gardens of The Little Herb House made our wedding the fairy tale I'd been dreaming of! The venue is absolutely gorgeous with lots of room and different locations to fit your style (mistletoe tree in front of pond, pasture, gardens, rustic barn). We chose to get married under the mistletoe tree in the shade and have the reception in the barn (with a backup rain plan of ceremony in the barn). The barn comes pre-lit with lovely twinkly lights and the owners have a horse stall full of miscellaneous decorations from other weddings or of their own that's available for your use. They rent the venue out for the entire weekend to you and provide a guest house (no overnight stays) for the bridal party to get ready in the day-of, which was SO SO nice and convenient. You can hire a day-of coordinator and decorator through The Little Herb House, which was super convenient as well. I worked with Taylor Treadaway from The Little Herb House as my day-of wedding coordinator, and she was wonderful. She went way above and beyond just "day-of" coordinating and helped me figure out details about my wedding I hadn't considered and organize my day and basically keep me on track! She was available to answer any and all questions, no matter how silly they seemed and kept me calm. My day would not have been nearly the success it was without her. I also hired LHH to help us decorate the venue, and they were fantastic. We spent time brainstorming ideas together and they were passionate and excited to help us make our wedding come to life. They certainly helped pull everything together and made my dreams into a reality - all I had to do was provide them the decorations, my idea of a vision, a few instructions, and they made it happen. The Little Herb House, Taylor & Lisa Treadaway, and their staff allowed us to have a memorable wedding where we didn't have to stress the details because they had it all handled :) 5 stars for sure!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/25/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Parking

This venue is gorgeous and a great value. Everyone on staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and you can get the place for the whole weekend for the same price that a lot of other venues charge for 8-12 hours. The barn is pre-decorated with basic lights, lanterns and such - you don't have to do anything to make it event-ready, but you can also add your own items to create your own flair. It was absolutely perfect. The only potential (though minor) inconvenience is they want proof of liability insurance for all of the vendors - it's not unheard of, but not all venues require it. My photographer said he'd never been asked for it before and he's been doing weddings for 20+ years.

Profile Picture User6023703, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture BrieAnna, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We knew the moment that we arrived for our first site visit that we wanted our wedding here. We were not disappointed. Words cannot explain how much we loved having our wedding at the Herb House. We had our rehearsal dinner in a pasture at sunset, wedding in the herb garden, and reception in the barn. Where else are you going to find that in one location? The barn is especially cool if you're looking for a rustic wedding. Everyone who came to our wedding raved about the barn and gardens. Lisa, Caroline, and rest Herb House crew are very responsive and flexible. We were most impressed by the fact that they have decided to limit wedding to 20 a year so that they can get to know each couple. By the end of the weekend we felt like we knew them personally, rather than just a business relationship. Where else are you going to find that? Compared to some of the other wedding venues that we looked at where you get a generic space for a day, you will not find a better location!

Profile Picture robert, 6/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter was married in the cow meadow at The Little Herb House, with her reception in the horse barn. We could not have asked for a more perfect venue for both! The grounds are large and colorful, and the barn is such fun to decorate with all kinds of personal touches to make it unique and special. Lisa, the proprietor, is so warm and kind and helpful. She accommodated us with the extra time we needed to set up all our decorations, and was just as excited as we were with the beautiful results. The entire wedding experience exceeded my expectations from start to finish- largely in part to Lisa and her amazing venue!

Profile Picture Diane, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A magical place for a memorable wedding for our daughter. The owner, Lisa, is willing to help in anyway to make everything be for the bride and groom. The venue is able to accommodate an outdoor ceremony or inside the barn should weather be a problem. This breathtaking venue has wonderful photo locations.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The wedding favors were perfect. The wedding theme was Lovebirds and the owner of the Little house found a mold for love birds and made lovebird soaps for the wedding guest. They were beautiful and smelled wonderful.

Profile Picture Dana, 9/21/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my wedding at The Little Herb House, and I couldn’t be happier with it. Working with Lisa was an absolute pleasure. She was incredibly resourceful and helpful. She went above and beyond to help with anything she could. The venue itself is rustically beautiful. I fell in love with it the first time we came out to see it. I am actually pretty sad that I will not be going out there anymore. We originally planned to have our ceremony in the pasture on the property, but due to rain had to relocate into the barn. I am so happy that we did. While I’m sure either would’ve been lovely, our wedding pictures turned out amazing. The lighting and ambiance in the barn is stunning. We were able to decorate the barn as we liked, which definitely sets Lisa apart from most venues that have all kinds of rules about what you can and can’t do. My wedding was everything I hoped it would be. I would highly recommend The Little Herb House to any bride.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kera, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled we were to have our daughter's June wedding at The Barn and Gardens of the Little Herb House. The beautiful grounds and barn were the perfect setting for us and the type of DIY wedding we were looking for. Lisa was super helpful and I feel like I made a friend in the process. We were able to come by often to make plans and get ideas. Having the venue for the entire weekend to have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception was so helpful. We chose to have the ceremony in the barn with a quick change of the chairs and tables to move to the reception. Thanks to our helpful friends, it turned out amazing. So thankful to have found this amazing place close to home to share this special day.

Profile Picture Linda, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding recently at the Barn and Gardens of The Little Herb House. The owner showed a genuine interest in making sure the services she provided were to the satisfaction of all of us. I feel like I got more than what I paid for from the owner in terms of the venue and services received from her. She was very flexible in terms of allowing us to use what previous weddings had left for our wedding in terms of decorations. Most of the time she states that the weddings are held in the pasture, but I wanted it to be in the garden. She was extremely flexible with this and tidied up and added more touches of love to the garden! I would HIGHLY recommend The Barn and Gardens at the Little Herb House to anyone that is interested in a truly down home venue!

Profile Picture Carole, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter was married at The little herb house gardens and used the barn for reception. My younger daughter had her reception at the barn. I was very pleased with all the help from Lisa and her staff. The gardens were beautiful The wedding was in April The reception in August Kinda hot but a portable AC unit worked well

Profile Picture Jay, 4/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our youngest daughter desired a reception that was completely natural. (she has a Masters from NC state in Environmental Education so of course we had to be earth focused) We had been through all of the "more common" venues in the area and found friendly but rigid people. Meer hours to prepare and strict routines and time schedules. Lisa (the owner) took what we felt was true interest and joy in helping with the wedding. She was instrumental from the initial design to actual growing the centerpieces and master displays from her own vast gardens. We had plenty of time for set up The reception was perfect and met all of my daughters desires and expectations. This is a barn reception (David Tutera had a great show highlighting his version) but the barn has been vacant for years from animal use. The setting is within her many acres with a very large pond, gardens and vineyards. We had dancing, photo booth, firepits with smores, and tons of flowers and greenery. And the stars were real not painted on a hotel ceiling. If you desire the sterile reception hall controlled environment, this is not for you. This is a reception that people will discuss for years as being the one they remember. This is Lisa's family land and her home. We felt fortunate to be part of her land and traditions. So bottom line is we were thrilled with every aspect and Lisa made this wonderful event even more special for us.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture David, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Was delighted to have our wedding at the Little Herb House, they made the process very easy and the venue was perfect.
(even on a rainy day),

Maria

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Parking, Bridal Suite, Cake
4.7

The LHH was the perfect venue to serve as the setting for one of the most special days of our lives. Bob and Lisa helped us every step of the way and were kind and accommodating as we worked out the many details. We were also incredibly impressed with the level of professionalism and care they placed in making our day special. We totally recommend the LHH for anyone looking to have an authentic hoe down of a wedding!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

Our wedding and reception was perfect! Lisa and Amy were quick to respond. I love that there are lots of props left from previous weddings/that Lisa has on hand that you can use. Everyone loved the venue and had a wonderful time! Thank you!

Profile Picture Carrie, 2/18/17, 2 Reviews
4.3

The barn was amazing and everything I could have hoped for on my special day.

Profile Picture User4168864, 2+ years ago, 1 Review