The Lightner Museum Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Joline
    Joline Married on 09/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome Experience, beautiful space. Worth the visit.

I enjoyed viewing this venue. Staff was pleasant accommodating and the space was beautiful.

Joline,

We are so glad that you and Eric were able to see Lightner Museum for yourselves! We absolutely loved hearing about your masquerade theme and wish you all the best in your wedding planning!
  • Christina
    Christina R. Married on 05/29/2022

Alex & the treasury team

My husband and I had our reception at the Lightner Museum, which was a beautiful venue. Alex and the rest of the treasury team were very responsive and professional throughout the planning process. Our friends and family could not stop raving about how gorgeous our wedding day was! Would 10/10 recommend the treasury team to plan your upcoming wedding!
  • Nick
    Nick T. Married on 05/22/2022

First Class

Katie and the team at The Lightner were exceptional to work with. The venue speaks for itself but our special day wouldn’t have been the same without the work they did behind the scenes.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Colette B. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A venue your guests will NEVER forget!!

In 2018, my (then boyfriend) Kevin and I made a trip up to St. Augustine for a concert, and while we were we did a tour of the Lightner Museum. There just so happened to be a wedding the day that we went on the tour, and as soon as I saw the pool area being set up, I had made my mind up that I wanted our wedding to be at Lightner (even though we weren't even engaged yet). Fast forward to 2022, Kevin and I were lucky enough for our dreams to become reality, and we got married at the Lightner this past May. I loved this venue from the minute I laid eyes on it, and our wedding was everything we could have imagined and more. The venue staff - from the sales side of things, all the way to the event coordinators (shout out Britney and Baily!) - were beyond amazing. Each person we worked with was communicative, up-front, professional, kind, knowledgeable, engaged, fun to work with, the list goes on and on. We received so many compliments from our friends and family about how amazing our venue was. Lightner is beautiful in itself, but you have the freedom to completely transform the space to your liking (OR leaving it simply as is). Additionally, there are a variety of spaces/rooms that you have access to throughout the planning process, as well as the day of - all of which are included when purchasing your package. Our cocktail hour was held in the grand lobby, while our ceremony AND reception were held in the pool. I was beyond impressed with how the team quickly and efficiently transformed the space while our guests were at cocktail hour - it literally becomes an entirely different space all together. The Lightner is elegant, timeless, and is as luxurious as it is historic. If I had to do it again, I would choose Lightner Museum over and over again. Your guests will never forget this one-of-a-kind venue!!!

The Lightner Museum's reply:

Colette, thank you so much for your kind words! You and Kevin were wonderful to work with. Your wedding was gorgeous and so much fun. We agree that The Lightner Museum is beautiful and just a great space for a wedding. Please come back for an anniversary visit! -Bailey and The Lightner Team
    Leslie M. Married on 05/19/2022

Beautiful and Unique Venue in Downtown St. Augustine

We wanted something unique for the bridal party and guests who traveled for our son and future daughter-in-law's rehearsal and wedding. The Pool at the Lightner was a perfect fit! Beautiful and different. Genevieve and the staff did an excellent job of anticipating all our needs. Wonderful memories.

Leslie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It truly was a beautiful night celebrating Robyn and Jackson!
  • Jolene
    Jolene L. Married on 05/13/2022

The Garrison Wedding

The best experience a bride could ever ask for. I was treated like a total princess. Katie and her team made sure everything was perfect for our big day. They paid attention to the fine details of what we wanted and made them come to life. With the wedding package you barely have to lift a finger. They do everything for you! I would choose The Lightner Museum over and over again for a wedding venue.

Jolene,
    It was an absolute honor to be a part of your and Tyler's big day! Your wedding was so much fun! I loved seeing all of the little touches of both your personalities. (:
    Wishing you both endless years of laughter and love together.
  • Bernadette
    Bernadette S. Married on 05/06/2022

The best wedding venue!

The team at the Lightner Museum (we worked mostly with Bailey) was absolutely amazing!! Bailey worked closely with me and my wedding coordinator to ensure that the entire day ran smoothly. She was very responsive and able to answer all of my questions and ease any concerns I had about the day. The Lightner Museum is the most amazing, unique venue and all of our guests were blown away by the architecture and history. The grounds are beautiful and there are so many great photo opportunities. I wish I could do it all over again with their team!!

The Lightner Museum's reply:

Bernadette, thank you so much for your wonderful review! I so enjoyed working with you and your family. Your wedding was beautiful. I especially loved your wedding favor tiles, seafood station in cocktail hour and your stunning wedding cake. Please come back for an anniversary visit! All the best, Bailey and The Lightner Events Team
    Brittany B. Married on 04/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further for a perfect venue - BOOK NOW!!!

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lightner Museum and it was the most beautiful, unique space we could’ve ever dreamed of!!! Everyone on the Lightner event team was beyond kind and willing to help out in any way possible!! We had the pleasure of working with Katie as our event manager and she is the sweetest, most caring person ever- from the start of planning to the day of our wedding she was amazing!! Hands down best experience working with this team at this spectacular venue!! Our guests had the time of their lives and are still raving about our special day at Lightner!! I can already tell our wedding will be forever known as the most fun wedding any of our friends or family have ever been to. Thank you so much for everything!!! Love, the Salimi’s 4.2.22
  • Max
    Max J. Married on 03/19/2022

Amazing venue and team!

It was amazing having our wedding at the Lightner museum! The team there was great throughout the whole process, particularly Jamie, who helped us a ton getting things planned. The day of the wedding the staff was also extremely helpful, even going above and beyond helping our guests with accessibility issues. Thank you guys for making our wedding day run so smoothly!
  • Katie
    Katie H. Married on 03/18/2022

Pure Magic

If you are considering the Lightner Museum for your wedding, BOOK IT!!! Our wedding there was pure magic. It is such a unique, historic and impressive venue. It is already so beautiful on its own, you really don't need to add much, just some touches to personalize it if you want. All of the folks at the Lighter were easy to work with - very friendly and responsive and made us feel so special throughout the process and on our wedding day. We couldn't be happier that we chose the Lighter to get married and our guests had the best things to say about the venue and their whole experience.

Katie!
    Thank you so much for your kinds words! We are so honored that you chose to celebrate with us! It was such an honor to be your person and help make your day come to life!
    Cheers to a lifetime that just gets better and better!
    April Z. Married on 03/12/2022

Dream experience

There are no words to express how incredible our experience with the Lightner Museum was from start to finish. I am still in awe of the fact that despite how popular of a venue this is, they made me feel SO special - like I was the only bride in the world. I truly can't express how much this meant to me. It is obvious how stunning the venue is but the true gem of this venue was the extraordinary and beyond professional staff. We were assigned Genevieve who was honestly so professional and amazing, it was like she was a paid vendor herself but in actuality, she is just one of the many many perks of contracting with the Lightner. She was an outstanding resource for both me and my wedding planner throughout the entire planning process and helped make my dream wedding come to life. The Lightner staff was flexible and had well-executed backup plans already available for when we were concerned about the weather for transition periods, knew exactly how to get everything flipped perfectly and coordinated with our many vendors, helped to get necessary city permits and photo times planned, and did everything possible to make this the perfect weekend. The bar staff and options were so outstanding that we are consistently being told by numerous guests that we had the best wedding bar they had ever experienced. I cannot express enough how fabulous of an experience we had with the Lightner Museum and Genevieve.

April,
    I feel like it was just yesterday we were walking through the museum for our initial meeting! Your day was absolutely beautiful! Your love for the history truly showed and we are so honored that you chose to celebrate with us!
    Wishing you and Walter a lifetime of happiness!
    -Genevieve and The Lighter Team
    Juliana Z. Married on 03/06/2022

Beautiful Venue!

Lightner is an amazing venue with a great team to help you plan your wedding. You could decorate with the bare minimum and it will be gorgeous no matter what, the building speaks for itself inside and out! Our day-of manager from the Lightner Events Team was Katie, who we really enjoyed working with. For me (someone very unfamiliar with wedding planning), they really helped me with all my questions and gave recommendations on vendors in the area. We loved being able to have the ceremony and reception in the same place. On the day of, staff took care of everything and we didn’t have to worry about anything being out of place. We loved having our wedding here!
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline S. Married on 02/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most amazing wedding day with the most amazing venue + events team!

We had our wedding at the Lightner on 10.17 and had the pleasure of working with Kelly through the booking process and Alex for event planning. It was an absolutely wonderful experience working with them from the moment we inquired about having our wedding there through the big day itself. You can tell they value providing you with the perfect day from the big details to the small. We went with their intimate wedding package which I couldn’t recommend more if you’re flexible with dates because the vendors they selected were some of the top rated in St. Augustine and just amazing to work with. Plus they were all familiar with the venue so the effort we had to put in was minimal (a huge stress reliever when planning). Our wedding was everything we envisioned and then some - we can’t thank the Lightner team enough for making our day perfect it was the perfect venue and we couldn’t recommend them enough!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie T. Married on 01/23/2022

Best Day Ever

We are so so happy with Jamie and her team at the Lightner for helping our dreams come to life!! From the big to small details, the day was everything we could have hoped for! Such a beautiful and interesting venue and the kind, courteous staff were the icing on the cake! Thank you!!
    Matthew P. Married on 12/30/2021

Beautiful Venue and One-of-a-Kind Service

We would highly recommend the Lightner for any wedding venue! We loved our experience and it was a memorable day!

The Lightner Museum's reply:

Matthew, thank you for your review! We are so glad you and your guests had a wonderful time. Cheers to a lifetime of love and joy.
    All the best, Bailey and the Lightner Team
    Nancy S. Married on 12/19/2021

Lightner Museum

The Lightner is EPIC! Not only is the facility something out of a magazine, but the team of Brittany and Alex made this venue unforgettable for our family and our guests! We got so many compliments on how friendly everyone was that helped us out during the wedding. The cocktail hour space was magnificent and having the courtyard for pictures was a huge plus for the guests! Brittany- there are no words to describe how she made our daughter’s wedding so special! She came up with the perfect signature cocktails for it and even made a sign for Haley to surprise her for the reception! What a great team she and Alex made! I can’t recommend this Lightner Museum with only 5 stars…. I’d give it 10!
    Brittany D. Married on 12/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most amazing experience!!!

Wow! The Lightner Wedding & Events team at Lightner are incredible! From our tour guide, Olivia to our wedding & event manager, Katie, to every single staff member we encountered- we felt instant kindness and genuine love! They are so welcoming and sweet! Nothing beats this beautiful, unique venue or the staff. 10/10! Cannot recommend them enough!! They truly brought our dream to life and it could not have been more perfect! You truly walk away with new friends!
  • Kaela
    Kaela M. Married on 11/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Wedding Venue in St. Augustine!

My now husband and I loved having our wedding at the Lightner! We got engaged during the pandemic and while we grew up in Florida, are not local to the area. I wanted to marry somewhere more unique and historic, like a museum or library, large enough to accommodate both of our big families, and that is so beautiful on its own, it really doesn't need much decoration. From just looking at the Lightner on its website and taking the virtual tour, it definitely fits that vision! The space is huge and can be customized in so many different ways, and I was able to realize my vision of mixes of classic and modern inspired decor, all without really adding too much, because as I said, the Lightner is truly beautiful on its own. The day of the wedding, our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful and historic the space was, and loved taking a little tour of the museum exhibits! Additionally, since we weren't local, we didn't end up seeing the venue until almost 2 months before our wedding, but throughout the entire planning process, Genevieve, Brandy, and the whole Lightner team were incredibly responsive and helpful, especially for a very Type A planner such as myself! My only regret is not having had more time in this beautiful place :) Highly recommend if you're looking for a larger venue in St. Augustine, it truly stands out from so many of the other places in the area.

Kaela,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your day was absolutely beautiful, your vision was absolutely beautiful, YOU were absolutely beautiful! I am so honored to have been your person and to celebrate with you!

Wishing you both the best always!

Camille Married on 11/12/2021

First-Class Experience!

Having our wedding at the Lightner Museum was one of the best decisions we made! The venue is absolutely breath-taking! Having so many options for event spaces, from the Historic Pool and Mezzanine to the Grand Lobby and Balcony Terrace, created a unique experience for our guests. From the beginning when we toured the Treasury on the Plaza and the Lightner Museum with Tary, the level of customer service we received was first class. That personalized service continued throughout the whole planning process. Jamie and her team at the Treasury Collection are experienced professionals- accommodating, kind, and thorough. Jamie not only addressed all our questions completely and promptly, but she was so sweet and pleasant in all her communications. She is the best of the best! You want to feel confident in your team, and you can trust the Treasury Venue Collection to perform their roles perfectly. If you want a wedding that you and your guests will remember, we highly recommend the Treasury Venue Collection!
    Kim S. Married on 10/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect Venue and Event Team!

Best Venue & Event Team Ever!!! My (now) husband and I were married last month at the Lightner Museum and it was far beyond our expectations! The venue itself is beautiful with a rich history and has a million places for breathtaking photos. The event team with the Lightner is absolutely amazing and waked us through everything - our event coordinator, Jamie, was everything we needed, always had an answer for my questions and had a smile every time I saw her! Look no further for a perfect wedding venue!
    Angelo S. Married on 10/22/2021

Perfect Wedding

We couldn’t have asked for a better venue or team to work with! Our friends and family continue to remind us how much they enjoyed our wedding! From organization to execution, Alex and her team did an amazing job which led to a perfect wedding!
  • Kate
    Kate T. Married on 10/09/2021

Perfect Florida wedding!

We had an incredible time at our wedding at the Lightner. Planning was seamless and professional at every step, they went out of their way to make our wedding day as effortless as possible! Even through COVID rescheduling, everything was managed with ease and professionalism always at the forefront. Genevieve was an absolute joy to work with and made sure every detail was just perfect!

Katie,

Your day was absolutely beautiful and I am so glad I was able to work with you and Chris! We are so honored to have celebrated with you and witness that amazing color palette in person! Your wedding continues to be an inspiration for us all!

Wishing you both all the best always! Cheers!

- Genevieve and The Lightner Team

• Liz
    Liz S. Married on 09/18/2021

One-of-a-kind Venue

We loved having our reception at the Lightner Museum. Bailey and team are so easy to work with and are always quick to respond to any questions. It was very easy and seamless to coordinate anything with their team and took a lot of wedding-day stress away from me as the bride.

For out-of-town guests coming to St. Augustine for the first time, you cannot find a better, more beautiful venue than the Lightner, it truly is the crown jewel of St. Augustine.

Before we had the event, I was a tad worried about the venue layout (eating on the 2nd floor and doing all the dancing below) but our older guests loved being able to look over the balcony and watch the dancing and it was also super fun to do our first dance with all of our guests cheering and watching from above.

Not only did we have a great experience for all our guests, but we got the most amazing photos in and around the venue. The courtyard and upstairs museum area made for unique photos I haven't seen anywhere else.

Overall, you will not regret booking the Lightner Museum. It truly is a one-of-a-kind venue you will not be able to find anywhere else in the world. Your guests will love it and you as a couple will love the way it looks in photos, videos, and all the memories you hold from your big day!

The Lightner Museum's reply:

Liz, thank you so much for your kind review! I agree that the photos at The Lightner Museum are so unique and beautiful. Your guests had so much fun and the wedding was absolutely beautiful. Please visit for your anniversary! Cheers to a lifetime of love and joy. -Bailey and The Lightner Team
    Cassie Married on 09/08/2021

Amazing Venue!!

I don’t even know where to begin. Nobody could’ve prepared us for what 2020 had in store for us when we decided to have our daughters wedding at this beautiful venue back in 2019. The team at The Lightner was prepared, professional and most of all thoughtful. The entire team at The Lightner was excellent in communication in answering all my questions and concerns. After postponing from March to August the Wedding was able to happen and it was beyond beautiful. The staff managed all vendors and allowed everyone to enjoy the wedding. Family and guests are still talking about the venue. Thank you to Katie, Brandy, Olivia and the entire Lightner Team for making 8/21/20 the Wedding our daughter dreamed of it was absolutely PERFECT!!

The Lightner Museum's reply:

Cassie thank you so much for your sweet words! It was wonderful having such a amazing MOB to help along the way! And even though the wedding was postponed we were happy to get to know everyone a little longer and to assist a few extra months! Our team all loved being part of the special day from the first tour to the grande sparkler exit! We cannot wait to see pictures!
    David B. Married on 09/05/2021

Lightener Museaum Wedding enur

Great venue
    An eclectic environment that adds to the ceremony
    The staff did a great job of making a seamless day
    Would recommend to anyone