The Lenox Hotel Reviews

The Lenox Hotel 4
The Lenox Hotel 5

Elizabeth · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Extraordinary, exceeded all expectations

The Lenox has exceeded my expectations beyond what I ever imagined. Planning and organizing a wedding can be a stress-inducing endeavor, but Alison (the wedding coordinator) made it seamless on all accounts. She is my hero and I cannot express how appreciative I am to her and her team for making our big day spectacular. If you're looking for a Boston venue that will cater to your every needs, provide the highest level of customer service and deliver top notch results, do not look any further, The Lenox is your venue. Thank you Alison, you are the very best.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Kim

Kim Hunter · Married on 10/19/2019

Most Beautiful Ballroom in Boston

My husband and I looked at a majority of the Boston hotels with ballrooms available for our wedding date. Immediately upon walking into the Dome Room, we were wowed by the beautiful detail of the ceiling. It was the only ballroom in my opinion that was both intricately beautiful and intimate. There are so many advantages to getting married and I've listed a few below:
    1. You will be the only wedding at the venue that day.
    2. The Lenox package is the best value in the city with so many nice add ons. They price all taxes and fees in for complete transparency. Also, many venues offer inclusions such as the chivari chairs but the Lenox essentially offers you a credit to rent from Peak. This was huge for us as I wanted to create my own unique tablescape and we didn't lose out on the value of the package by upgrading, we just had to pay the upcharge.
    3. Taylor Marshall was absolutely wonderful to work with. We also had a wedding planning (Mandy Connor at Hummingbird Bridal) so we didn't have to go through all the details personally with her but whenever we did have a question, Taylor got back to us quickly with accurate information.
    4. The food is amazing and they are willing to work with you to customize the menu. We had several gluten free guests and this was not a problem. We also were able to do fun things like a make your own cannoli bar!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Jaimee Tyler · Married on 10/13/2019

Far exceeded my expectations!!!

I don’t know where to even begin. Upon first meeting Taylor M. with the Catering Office, David and I knew she was going to be great and she far exceeded our expectations. We love the Lenox as that is where we had our first date so that made sense to have our wedding there. The entire process was seemless thanks to Taylor. The Lenox staff did an amazing job as well on the actual day.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Teri · Married on 09/15/2018

Just the best in every area no complaints at all.

The Lenox Hotel 6
    Sent on 09/27/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/11/2018

Cannot say enough good things. They thought of everything and the service was so attentive from the event staff to the valet. Timing and flow of the day was so smooth. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Taylor, our coordinator made my whole family feel comfortable and welcome and she remained so calm when last minute changes came up. Didn't faze her at all. She was so great to work with the entire planning process. And then we got both her and Jenn, another coordinator on the night of our wedding and the two were just a dream team on their A Game. The best decision we made was to have our wedding at The Lenox!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 09/03/2017

We are grateful we chose to have our wedding reception at The Lenox Hotel. The Dome Room is beautiful, as is the rest of the hotel. The staff at The Lenox was superb, and it was very easy working with Taylor Marshall, who helped us throughout the entire process down to every last detail. She answered so many of my questions via e-mail and was very helpful. The bartender made a special drink just for my mother in law for the wedding night, they upgraded the rooms for both sets of parents at no charge, they made special menu accommodations and even honored special pricing for us. They made it a really enjoyable experience, rather than stressful, and we wish we could experience the day all over again! Aside from the wonderful staff, the venue itself is stunning, and is the perfect place for an intimate wedding of 120 or less. Our 90 guests raved about the raw bar, passed hors d'oeuvres, the salad, and dinner meals. The food was amazing! They also have a lot of details taken care of for you, like table numbers, a card box, and they work with Dessert Works to create your cake (the cake was delicious, too)! We looked at many other venues in and around Boston, and none included so many details and touches like The Lenox did. We are excited to have this special gem of a spot to go back to each year to celebrate!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Erin · Married on 08/26/2017

Having our wedding reception at the Lenox was the best decision we ever made! Alison and her team are incredibly professional, approachable, honest and fun!
    One of the things we really appreciated was how transparent and reasonable the pricing was. The per person cost may seem high but it includes EVERYTHING! We weren't hit with all kinds of additional add on costs, taxes, service charges, etc. It was so refreshing. The food...was amazing! Our guests keep talking about it. The honeymoon suite (one night included in your package!) was such a great place to get ready and also to retreat to later. Dessert Works, the Lenox's cake vendor, made a delicious and beautiful cake! Alison's vendor referrals were spot on and appreciated! Our guests loved the central location, and we were able to take advantage of Solas and City Table for a great after-party and Sunday brunch. If you are thinking about a Boston wedding for 150 or less people, this is the place! It's historic and never felt like a hotel wedding. Go take a look, talk to Alison and the team, and I promise you'll look no further! We didn't and we were so happy with our choice!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Alison · Married on 04/01/2017

PERFECT….the word we use to describe our wedding on April 1, 2017 at The Lenox. From our first meeting with Alison, to planning details with Taylor, to the day of with Taylor & Jenn, we can’t thank everyone enough for making our day perfect! The Lenox wedding package made planning a breeze, they think of every detail and the cost is all inclusive. We had Frank Baptista as our DJ and Whim Events for flowers which were recommended by The Lenox, knowing they work together as a team was so reassuring. The Lenox is ideal for a Boston wedding, many of our guests commented that they felt so welcome from the minute they arrived throughout their stay; it definitely doesn’t feel like a “hotel wedding” and the photos in the dome room and on the roof are priceless!

Sent on 04/18/2017

lindsay · Married on 03/25/2017

I honestly cannot possibly say enough good things about the Lenox Hotel.

Every single interaction which we had at the hotel exceeded all of our expectations. From our very first visit to the morning after the wedding day every person at the Lenox was such a pleasure to work with and our guests were treated like royalty.

We initially worked with Alison when looking at venues and she was so responsive, accommodating and a pleasure to work with.

Taylor was our wedding coordinator and we absolutely loved her!! She went above and beyond to make sure everything went perfectly and made us feel so comfortable knowing that she had everything covered. I loved every minute of working with Taylor and cannot recommend her highly enough.

The rest of the staff at the Lenox was just as amazing, from all of the doormen, to the valet and front desk staff to every member of the waitstaff we dealt with during the wedding and morning after brunch they all felt like family.

The Lenox honestly made our wedding feel so much more special than it already did as everyone there went so far above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect.

I cannot imagine having had my wedding anywhere else and my only regret is that we can't do it again!!

Sent on 03/29/2017

heather · Married on 03/11/2017

There are not enough good things to say about the Lenox Hotel, and more importantly, Taylor, the Lenox's amazing Wedding Planner. Due to circumstances beyond our control, my husband and I needed to marry quickly, and Taylor was calm, cool, and collected, when we certainly were not. Taylor literally handles EVERYTHING for you, and is such a pleasure to work with. Taylor was nice enough to share timelines and literature to help guide us through the day, and coordinated with all of our vendors, taking a lot of stress out of the pre-planning process. The Lenox Wedding package really does make the planning process a breeze, as its all inclusive, and does not leave you wondering what financial surprise is headed your way. If you want to enjoy your wedding day and feel confident that everything will be handled, do yourself a favor and have your big event at the Lenox!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Lauren · Married on 01/15/2017

Great hotel and event space. The restaurants/bars in the lobby are also quite good. We booked our wedding here and had a number of our guests stay for multiple days. Everyone raved about the Lenox and I agree! The staff was always super friendly and overly helpful. As far as planning a wedding with them, Taylor was my right-hand lady through it all. She was in contact with me the entire time from when I booked (a year in advance) until after the wedding. She would send me reminders for any wedding tasks. She contacted my other vendors for me to coordinate everything for the day of. She had everything taken care of and I would have gone crazy without her! The Lenox also has a great package for weddings that is all inclusive and definitely beat the competition.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Margaret · Married on 12/17/2016

Choosing The Lenox Hotel was the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding. Taylor, our coordinator, was absolutely amazing. Not only is the hotel gorgeous (and one of our favorites) but the service we received from Taylor and The Lenox throughout the whole process was far beyond our expectations. Taylor was so professional, kind and responsive (I had a lot of questions) throughout the many months leading up to our wedding and she made sure everything went flawlessly on our big day. Literally not a single thing went wrong on the day and my husband and I definitely attribute that to Taylor. She helped us book our rehearsal dinner at City Table too, and even managed to organize some beautiful floral arrangements for me for the tables free of cost when I emailed her last minute saying I forgot (thank you!) She was always there when we needed her and was on point and so helpful reminding us of things to start thinking about as we got closer to the wedding. The food at The Lenox is also fabulous and all of our guests were commenting on how great it was to go to a wedding without "wedding food." The Dome Room where we had our reception is gorgeous and I could not have imagined a better place to have our reception. Another stand out thing about The Lenox is that on your wedding day you have an entire floor to yourself, so the only people on the floor all evening are guests and hotel staff. Honestly, I cannot say enough good things about The Lenox and about Taylor. We could not be happier about how the day went and if you are looking for a reception venue downtown, you have to look at The Lenox. If you book and you are lucky enough to work with Taylor too, I promise your day will be flawless. Thank you again to Taylor and to everyone at the Lenox for making our wedding day the best day ever!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Mindy · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception at The Lenox, and we worked with Taylor Marshall as our Coordinator. We had a unique situation, where we had to change venues 3 months before our wedding day so Taylor had her work cut out for her planning on such short notice. She jumped right on top of things and made it look easy! She was so organized, knowledgeable, professional, and was very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She's such a sweet, friendly person and so great to work with. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue for our ceremony and reception. The Dome Room is gorgeous, and the dome really makes the space so much more than your typical hotel function room. The wedding package that you get with The Lenox is comprehensive and their team really takes care of everything for you so you don't have to worry about booking as many outside vendors or doing a ton of stuff yourself. They are also really flexible, and Taylor went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and wishes. She took so much of the stress off of us, as we knew that she would be able to make any last minute guest count changes or other changes work. Having gone through most of planning a wedding at a different venue, I can say with confidence that the catering tasting and food on the day of at The Lenox is unbelievable. Our guests were raving about their meals! The location of the hotel is perfect for photos, as well, with so many great areas being right there (BPL, Marathon finish line, Boylston Street, etc.). The Lenox allows the bride and groom to take photos on the roof at any point throughout the day/evening, which also made for some amazing pictures with the Boston city skyline in the background. Taylor and the rest of the team at The Lenox really went out of their way to make our wedding day amazing, not only with the big things but with the little touches as well. If you choose The Lenox as your venue you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2016

I had the pleasure of getting married here over Labor Day weekend. I must say, it went off like a well choreographed symphony. We stayed and got ready in the Judy Garland suite, which was just so pretty and feminine, and was the perfect backdrop for wedding day photos. Alison, the Director of Catering & Events is the John Williams of this Lenox symphony, not one note was out of place. No idea how she stays so calm and organized with all the weddings and events she is planning. All of the food was delicious and got rave reviews. We even did some menu customization and everything was perfect. Alison was also a dream in providing vendor suggestions (photographer, DJ), as I was overwhelmed with choices online. We were planning this wedding from CA and she made it as easy as it could possibly be. (I am Type A and like to control everything and felt perfectly comfortable leaving everything in her hands.) The best part of the weekend was though was the staff. I wish I could name everyone. They do at least one, if not two weddings every weekend in peak season, yet every staff member treated us like we were the king and queen. They went out of their way to make us feel special. My new hubby and I, along with our dog, look forward to spending many more momentous occasions at the Lenox. Thank you to all the team for playing a role in the best Boston wedding weekend ever!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 08/20/2016

The Lenox was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. We wanted a classic Boston wedding and the Lenox delivered just that! The space is beautiful and all of our guests raved about the food. From the beginning, Alison was so helpful and willing to answer all of my questions and help me make decisions. The reception went off without a hitch. It was a relief not to have to worry about anything during the reception. I knew that Alison and the Lenox staff had it covered. I also appreciated that the Lenox's pricing system included everything for a base rate per person. Most venues we looked at required a spreadsheet to figure how much we'd have to pay. But with the Lenox, I knew exactly what to expect in the end, which was really nice when you're trying to stick to a budget and avoid any surprises.

Sent on 09/27/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2016

Booking the Lenox hotel was literally the greatest thing we did for our wedding!!!
    From the day we went to see the space, all the way through our wedding brunch and afterwards the Lenox and their staff including Alison Majka and Taylor Marshall were so friendly, professional, and so personal! They always made us feel like our wedding was the most top priority.
    All of our wedding guests raved about the amazing service and the food! My husband and I are foodies so that was very important to us! The private food tasting was so special and allowed us to bring guests - gave us so much more confidence that we made the right decision.
    We did an after party at Solas Irish pub which was so much fun and the perfect place to end the night. We had our brunch in the dome room which had a completely different feel and worked so seamlessly for the weekend to wrap up.
    I am forever grateful for Taylor Marshall for taking a huge weight off of my shoulders, and assisting with the vendor management. She virtually was a wedding planner even though her title states day of coordinator, she was so much more than that.
    Taylor checked in throughout the planning process and made sure everything went seamlessly and made sure I had zero stress the day of my wedding. She set up my suite and my husbands room with our favorite snacks from each other and a little emergency kit- which came in handy for the big day. She even went as far as hand delivering adorable little decorated glasses of rosé while the ladies got ready in my suite. We found a really nice handwritten card from her the next morning, she really made us feel so special. There was a dance number with sunglasses which I left at the hotel by accident, Taylor had taken the liberty of shipping them to me and were there in a few days without me even asking. The service was above and beyond throughout the process and even after!
    Needless to say, I would recommend this venue, perfect for headcount of 95 people!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/05/2016

My husband and I got married at the Lenox Hotel in August 2016, and if we had to do it again we would choose the Lenox every single time! We cannot thank them enough for our amazing wedding. A friend recommended the Lenox to us after she attended another wedding there. She raved about the food and kept saying how much fun she had. I'm so thankful she told us contact the Lenox because it was a magical place to get married. The dome room is absolutely gorgeous- the photographs do not do it justice. Alison and her team are extraordinary. We would frequently have questions, and we would worry about whether the Lenox could accommodate our requests, but we quickly learned how helpful Alison was. Working with this team in the months, weeks, and days leading to our wedding was very easy. We had far less wedding stress than many couples. Every single time we went to the hotel, we were treated like part of the family. From our first meetings to view the venue, to our tasting, to our rehearsal and wedding, every event was absolutely perfect. Even our guests commented about how welcome they felt at our wedding. Alison is such a talented coordinator. She is so accommodating, warm, and she made us feel so special. The day of our wedding was an absolute dream- Alison, Jenn, and their team did an amazing job setting up the room, the food was FANTASTIC (our 114 guests raved about it), and the staff absolutely went above and beyond to make it so that we had nothing to worry about on the day of wedding. There wasn’t a single part of our wedding that did not go as planned, and Alison is a huge part of that! She is incredible at her job. Everyone was extremely friendly, and they even delivered our cards and gifts to our suite and laid out a congratulations message in candy! Almost three months later, our friends and family are still talking about how amazing our wedding was and how much fun they had. The Lenox was an extraordinary venue, and it’s absolutely worthy of 5 stars.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/04/2016

I don't know where to begin! Alison and the staff at the Lenox made us feel comfortable from day one. They are thoughtful, attentive, flexible, and their level of service is unparalled. Our wedding was flawless. Every detail that I wanted, and DIY project I gave them to implement day of, was executed without a hitch. Honestly, there aren't words to describe how perfect the experience was from start to finish. It was a dream wedding and it would not have been possible without Alison, Jenn, and the staff at the Lenox. They are true professionals who clearly love their work. When you spend time with them you feel that love and it is a remarkable thing. Our ceremony was held in the dome room, and then they set the room for the reception while we were in the cocktail space across the hall. The ceremony space was set up beautifully, with intimate seating that mirrored the dome, and a special extra large aisle runner for the trios in our bridal party. The table settings were beautiful, and the team customized our menus (and even some last minute escort cards) to match our invitation suite perfectly. The hotel itself is gorgeous and guests that stayed over were absolutely gushing about their accomodations and the staff. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the food at our wedding was insanely good. Everything from the cocktail hour appetizers to the entree selections were hot/fresh/flavorful, not "wedding food" at all! Our guests were raving, and texting pictures to friends who couldn't make it to show them what they were missing! Choosing the Lenox and Alison was the best decision we could have made for our day, and I am so deeply happy that we did.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Alicia · Married on 12/19/2015

We cannot say enough about The Lenox Hotel. Alison M. was our wedding coordinator and she is literally the best person ever. She responded to all of our emails (even the one liners), nailed every single detail and even checked in with us during the reception! No one could have been better than her. When we first started planning our wedding, we were overwhelmed. She made things so easy for us and kept us on track the entire year prior to the wedding. The rest of the staff at the hotel responded to every question, need and strange request we and our guests had throughout the weekend. We had our reception in the Dome room on the second floor and it was perfect. Better than we imagined. I would highly recommend The Lenox as a ceremony/reception venue.

Sent on 01/04/2016

We can't imagine a better place in Boston to have had our wedding. We had the ceremony and the reception in the beautiful second floor "Dome Room" in Oct, 2015 and it was as every bit elegant as the hotel itself. Alison from the Lenox was with us every step of the way with the planning process as well as ensuring a smooth ceremony day-of. This is a huge value that you don't necessarily get with other venues. The package also includes the Back Bay suite hotel room for the night, and a food/wine tasting session before the event to make sure you're happy with your menu. The pricing is also quite fair. If you are considering a wedding in Boston you should definitely look at the Lenox.

Sent on 12/06/2015

There aren’t enough positive adjectives to describe our experience with The Lenox this past June 2015! My husband and I began the process of searching for and looking at venues within Boston Proper in Spring 2014. We knew we wanted a smaller-sized intimate wedding and The Lenox was the perfect location for everything on our checklist. The boutique hotel is meticulously maintained and has been restored and sustained with impeccable care and attention to period-style detail. Only one wedding per weekend is conducted at The Lenox, which means the bride and groom receive a level of unmatched service that cannot be found anywhere else. Alison Majka, head of catering and sales, is hands-down one of the top coordinators in the city of Boston. Always quick to respond to emails and phone calls and genuinely dedicated to the happiness and well-being of each and every person she comes in contact with. It meant the world to my husband and I to see her treat our parents and friends the same way she treated us. Our guests could not have had more pleasant things to say about The Lenox and the staff as a whole!
    Over the course of the year that we planned our wedding, Alison became a very dear friend and we often stop by the hotel for dinner and drinks and each time, someone working in the lobby recognizes us and makes it a point to say hello. My parents recently spent a night at the hotel for their anniversary and Alison made sure to make their weekend just as special as my own wedding weekend. Together we planned for them to be taken to and from Fenway Park, get dinner reservations, and Alison even sent a bottle of their favorite prosecco to their room as a treat from the hotel. If you are looking for 5-star treatment, award-winning food and beverages, and the most beautiful dome ballroom for your wedding, The Lenox should be your first and last choice!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Alison · Married on 05/02/2015

We could not have picked a better place for our reception! We really wanted somewhere that was right in the heart of Boston and The Lenox fit all of our criteria. It has so much character being a boutique hotel and the intimate setting of the Dome Room was perfect.

Everyone at The Lenox went above and beyond to make sure that everything about our wedding day was exactly how we'd envisioned it. The staff was incredibly attentive, the food was delicious, the room was gorgeous- I can't say enough good things! Alison and Joanna were both fabulous to work with and answered all of my (many!) questions promptly and thoroughly. They made the whole experience really enjoyable which I didn't think was possible :)

We had such a wonderful experience with The Lenox and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Anne · Married on 03/07/2015

I still cannot believe just how wonderfully all the staff at the Lenox treated us and our guests! Everyone had an absolutely wonderful time and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

They truly treated my fiancé and I like family-- they made sure we had our favorite snacks in our rooms, everyone greeted us by name, and predicted everything we could possibly need on our wedding day (long before it even occurred to us).

They also have the most comprehensive wedding package (piano player, linens, fancy chairs, wedding cake) which saved a lot of time and money looking for other vendors. It was a perfectly beautiful venue with the most kind staff I've ever met!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Deborah · Married on 03/07/2015

The Lenox Hotel was an extraordinary venue for our daughter's wedding. Five stars seem woefully inadequate to describe the quality of their services, and their genuine caring. The venue was beautiful; the food was outstanding; all of the staff worked together as a highly competent and caring team. The staff went well beyond anything that might reasonably be expected in their flexibility, creativeness, and concern for all guests and details- from giving teddy bears and rubber duckies to children who were staying at the hotel, assisting guests in getting into their rooms early, adjusting rooms for the bride and her family to accommodate unanticipated last minute circumstances, and far more instances than I can relate here. Everything about our daughter's wedding at the Lenox was absolutely beautiful and memorable. I offer the Lenox hotel and staff the highest recommendation possible. Their professionalism, high quality, competence and genuine caring gave our family the gift of a joyous and memorable wedding for our daughter and her (now) husband. When we faced a family emergency the day after our daughter's wedding, Alison and the Lenox team drove to our home and personally delivered enough delicious food that kept us and our visiting family well fed for days. The depth of their caring and concern, coupled with the beautiful venue, would make the Lenox a memorable choice for any wedding.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Maureen · Married on 02/10/2015

The Lenox Hotel was the perfect location for my intimate wedding! Alison was my point person and she was amazing to work with. She was so accommodating and prompt in her responses to any of my questions. The Lenox was a beautiful atmosphere to be married in and host my small reception/dinner party. Their boutique style service really makes you feel like their only customer and I couldn't be more grateful! My guests raved about the food and atmosphere. It was an A+ kind of night!

Sent on 02/22/2015