The Lantana Reviews

86 | Randolph, MA

86 Reviews for The Lantana

• User6905130 · event on: 06/12/2016

Ester is best she help lot for make my event perfect

• User6905272 · event on: 06/12/2016

ester is the best she help out for hole event make easy and sucessfull i like to thanks

denise · Married on 04/18/1998

The wedding planner by the name of Esther Sheridan, was FABULOUS! I NEVER felt worried. She was competent and helpful and reassuring and kept every promise she made. It was perfect!

Sent on 06/12/2008

Kathy · Married on 08/18/2018

2.5

I got married on August 18th, 2018 and had my wedding reception at The Lantana. Erika was my wedding coordinator and she was AMAZING! I honestly couldn't picture my wedding without her! I was stressed out and overwhelmed while planning my wedding but thanks to Erika, all of that stress went away! Walking into my wedding reception and seeing all of the décor that Erika helped me with (as in decorated for me because I did not have a decorator) brought me to tears! It was so beautiful. My reception was held in the Mediterranean ballroom, located downstairs. It can fit up to 150 people. Although there were four other weddings happening that day, I didn't bump into any brides or their guests, neither did my guests and we were late! The Mediterranean room was perfect for my wedding size and went perfect with my wedding colors (sangria, blush pink, gold and white). I got to see what all the banquet rooms looked like so if any soon to be brides are choosing my wedding colors, the Mediterranean room is perfect for you! The food was alright. I expected more. I thought our plates were going to be completely filled with food. My husband and I are Haitian, so we had high expectations! Half of our guests loved the food and the other half didn't. I hate that I have to include that in this review but I have to be truthful :( We had the beef Italian Meatball for Hors D'oeuvres. The first course was the classic Caesar salad. For the entrée, we had brown rice with beans, chicken a la creole (chicken breast dipped in creole sauce), and fried plantains. The food was the only thing I wished came out better with more flavor and just more food! We had a cash bar but our guests had water and two rounds of fruit punch. The fruit punch was definitely homemade and everyone loved it! Other than the food, I really enjoyed my wedding. Erika hooked up our bridal suite and it was lit! If any soon to be brides decide to have their wedding at the Lantana, I suggest coordinating with Erika! :)

Sent on 10/04/2018

Loved my wedding! Esther is such a sweet heart.

Sent on 05/04/2015

caroline · Married on 09/10/2005

3.5

The wedding event coordinator is great in helping us. She responses right away every time we have questions and she has been very accomodating with our special requests like putting up some decorations. A number one vendor!!!

Sent on 02/10/2008

Adriana · event on: 09/30/2017

4.2
      3.0

Friendly staff, food was good, downstairs rooms are more private.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2008

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

This is the second event that we have had at this location and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. They were very efficient and helpful and i would definately have another event there in the future.

Sent on 07/30/2008

3.0

Ok experience, worked with one person for the whole entire time, and on my wedding day she was no where to be found, so it was a little chaotic. Prices are ok

Sent on 08/06/2013

Tracy · event on: 07/16/2012

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

My daughters dance competition was held at the Latana, they had to dance there for 3 days. The second day, the first the girls danced for a total of 14 hours, we were told we could not bring in outside food, we were never told this before. They asked us to take the food outside after the girls just danced for a couple of hours and it was 100 degrees outside. I wouldn't have minded buying food from them if they had a selection that my 8 year old would eat, and not sandwiches that were there the whole 3 days and pizza that was black on top. Also they expected us to not bring in outside food when we are there for 15 hour days and the year before they ran out of food and when asked for tables and chairs for the kids to sit on we were told that they don't have to provide this that the kids can sit on the floor. Because they were making people sit outside they also violated fire violations because all of the exits were blocked by hundreds of dancers that were sitting outside in front of the doors, in the 100 degree weather, trying to eat their food. We have went to this competition/workshop for years and we will not be attending again if it is held at this location.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Jacqueline · event on: 06/21/2016

0.0

I have been holding events at the Lantana for 35+ years and 5 years before I took over the job, my predecessor also held events at the Lantana and highly recommended we continue. Occasionally, we had to hold an event at another venue because the Lantana was not available. We always came back because of AV problems, very little flexibility, too expensive, lack of parking, etc. The Lantana staff is the ultimate in hospitality on all levels. They will bend over backward to please.