The Langham Huntington, Pasadena Reviews

22 | Pasadena, CA

22 Reviews for The Langham Huntington, Pasadena

Sherry · Married on 05/13/2017

We learned that we truly get what we pay for. During the wedding planning process, we went through small frustrations here and there upon finding out that we'd have to pay more for this and that -- things that The Langham would have to provide. But in hindsight, we knew that it was well worth it. The Langham delivered with exceptional service, and our catering and events manager, Vicki Wang, was always timely and kind in her responses to our questions. Our guests were extremely pleased with the bartenders at our mocktail/cocktail bars and also with the dinner entrees. Everything about our wedding day experience was amazing -- for us and for our guests. We had a beautiful wedding at The Langham and look forward to celebrating our anniversaries here!

Sent on 05/30/2017
  • Kim Rubin

Kim · Married on 03/26/2016

After looking at multiple venues throughout Los Angeles, we saw the Langham and knew right away that

this was where we had to have our wedding. The ballroom where we’d hold the reception is gorgeous.

The Horseshoe Garden where we would have the ceremony is breathtaking. Everything was magical.

The staff was so nice and helpful from the very beginnning to the day of the event. All the guests commented on how amazing the venue was. The

Langham was the perfect venue for our amazing wedding.

Sent on 07/13/2016

The Langham Huntington was my dream venue! I had the perfect ceremony in their intimate and beautiful japanese garden followed by my reception in the Georgian ballroom (those ceilings!). It turned out to be everything I had wished for. Our table settings fit in perfectly with the Georgian ballroom and made it unforgettable! The people at the Langham are also great to work with. They worked with my planner to make sure everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Melanie · Married on 08/11/2012

Christie & Jill were wonderful from start to finish. Getting our detailed requests in, from catering to cake to rooms to set up. All the funky requests, last minute changes & odd details were all executed flawlessly.

Signature drink was served on point, staff were all smiles and were true five-diamond quality professionals (valet, lobby, bell hop, catering, bar, etc).

Definitely worked with us on pricing, and we are beyond grateful for that!

Hotel is also so convenient - tucked away when you're inside, but just a few minutes from anything that you might need - very helpful on the night before or day of!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Jung · Married on 06/16/2012

We had our wedding here and it was absolutely beautiful! The best part about Langham is the smell once you walk in the lobby. Everything at this hotel is just so magical and beautiful!

Sent on 07/15/2012

This is a really enormous hotel, but somehow it feels very intimate and secluded, so it's a great location for a large wedding. We were really happy with the services provided and the overall experience. We looked at so many different venues, but kept coming back to this hotel since there isn't really anything that compares to the quality of service provided.

I could go on and on about this place, so I will just tell you to go and see it for yourself- it's hands-down the most gorgeous venue we found and perfect for a wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2012

Julie · Married on 12/18/2010

This place was so great. The only problem i had was that the staff directed some of my guests the wrong way and they missed my ceremony since the venue had to change due to rain. Other than that it was the perfect day and I loved it. It was expensive but totally worth it!!!

Sent on 12/21/2010

S. · Married on 11/14/2010

Everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/02/2011

Carissa · Married on 07/03/2010

We just had our wedding at the Langham, and we absolutely loved everything the hotel and its staffed offered. The venue itself is gorgeous, and the service along the way in every way was impeccable. All of our guests commented on how attentive everyone was. They went out of their way to make our day perfect. I know some people might say that for the price it charges, they should, but I still feel they did more than expected of them, even at that price. We are from out of town, so the planning process was a little more complicated, but there was always a prompt response and ample suggestions. We're so happy we held our wedding at the Langham! Can't wait to come back for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 07/13/2010

serineh · Married on 05/30/2009

Though expensive, they deliver what they promise and it is a BEAUTIFUL venue.

Sent on 06/23/2009
  • plastique

Dainora · Married on 05/02/2009

Jill planned everything to smallest details to make our wedding day exceptional! Exceptional food from the head chef and attention from the manager.

Sent on 05/19/2009

Janel · Married on 02/20/2009

The Langham Huntington Hotel & Spa is an luxurious venue with breathtaking views of the San Gabriel Mountains. The hotel itself has a European feel and timeless elegance. We are so happy we chose this hotel. The hotel was able to work with our date and budget. We opted to get married on a Friday to cut down on some costs.

Overall, the staff was first class. Our guests raved about the food and exceptional service. They made sure to cater to our every need. They truly made our dream come true with their flawless execution of such an important day.

Sent on 09/02/2009

kate · Married on 02/17/2018

We stayed here the night before and the night of our wedding in the Wisteria Cottage, beautiful, gorgeous, excellent staff!

Sent on 02/25/2018

michael · Married on 10/17/2015

This hotel is breathtaking. As soon as we saw it we knew we had to get married there. The room was breathtaking and the horseshoe garden even more so. Bob Wyar and John Castino were totally great. There were a couple hiccups the day of but overall the place was great.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Justin · Married on 05/18/2013

What more can I say? The Langham Huntington is the most elegant and most gorgeous location for a wedding in all of Southern California. Our catering manager was amazing and she even added all these little touches of class and elegance that we never expected, including gifts and perks that made us feel like we were part of The Langham Family. Throughout the whole wedding process we felt like we were VIP's at The Langham and it showed. Thanks!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Allie · Married on 05/22/2016

Love love love this venue! These guys know how to handle hospitality like champs!
    We had our wedding reception here as well as stayed here for our wedding night and had getting ready photos here. This venue is stunning and coupled with the right photographer (we hired David with Blacktie Photography), you really get some amazing photos!
    There are some great areas on these grounds for bridal party and romantic photos. This hotel/venue just has so much to offer. Yes it's expensive, but totally worth it.

Rooms are gorgeous and spacious, and the wedding coordinator we dealt with here was on top of her game. Very responsive and very helpful. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/07/2016

This venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful throughout our months planning. John Castino is amazing and can make anything happen. My only fault with them was not having my reservation for my room for the night before our wedding. The staff member didn't seem to try to look it up or resolve the matter even though we had booked the room months ago. Aside from that everything went great and my experience at the hotel was impeccable.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Laura · Married on 02/04/2017

4.2

This venue is beautiful. I went here to visit and was immediately in love!!!! The ballrooms are beautiful and vintage. (The pictures are accurate) The food was amazing!!! We were able to do a tasting and everything was sooo good. We had some requests that were different from their "packages". Some things they were flexible about and some they were not- mostly about the bar. We were not allowed to have a cash bar for our wedding which we wanted. We were only allowed to have luxury liquors at the bar which we didn't want/need but that was the only option for weddings. We also wanted to have signature drinks which they were originally going to charge $3 dollars for- but they eventually let us do with out charging extra. We had a bridal suite included for us to get ready in which was beautiful and more than enough room for everyone to get ready. Overall, it was a great location. We had the ceremony in the Horseshoe garden and the reception in the Viennese Ballroom. The hotel grounds are beautiful and was a beautiful backdrop for our pictures. They hotel does not provide many linens (white or black) which was fine for us since we were going to bring ours in anyway. We also had to rent chivari chairs- they only would provide blue conference chairs for the reception.

Once the wedding was over on Sunday, the staff was not very helpful in taking out all of our stuff from the hotel rooms. They had another event and was not interested in helping us with bell carts the next morning. We could not get anyone to help us. My dad was talking to one of the hotel managers who was not helpful or return our phone calls the next day. For all the money we paid for our event- it was disappointing.

Sent on 02/17/2017

3.0
      3.0
      1.0
      2.0

Listen, my wedding turned out amazing and beautiful and the property is gorgeous but it was mostly because of everything we did and not because of the hotel. They are a corporate hotel and do not know how to treat social events. They were very unaccommodating and inflexible and messed up many minor details that had been gone over multiple times. Our assigned hotel coordinator quit a month before our wedding and we had a new one, who then quit as well and then a third who just didn't get all the information needed. I went over as much as possible but they just didn't seem to care and didn't do anything to make up for the mistakes they made. One of the biggest mistakes was serving a meal that I had allergies to after it was listed ALL over our paperwork and spoken about many, many times.
    Overall, I was just disappointed by the staff.
    The hotel itself is gorgeous and well maintained- no complaints there. I just wish they were a little more responsive and considerate of us after the amount of money we spent and the amount of people we had stay at the hotel.

Sent on 06/11/2012
  • I

Ilana · Married on 01/22/2017

0.4
      0.5

This is probably, hands down, one of the prettiest places to get married in LA. So beautiful. The building has that classical feel from the early 1900's, with the most amazing gardens that are perfect for pictures. Unfortunately, their staff is not up to par with the beauty of the venue. They made the process so stressful, and honestly, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. They have gone through so much turnover lately, and that is very unfortunate for them, but over the year we planned our wedding, we dealt with 3 different event coordinators there. Plus now that the wedding is over, we are dealing with a fourth! They DO do room blocks, so if they tell you they don't, push through because they DO (they told us they don't, and that they only do a "courtesy" rate, but that is a lie and finally we got them to do room blocks but it was the most stressful thing ever, where I had to call like 5 different people at the hotel to deal with it, multiple times). They also took about 8-10 months to give us a sample menu for the rehearsal dinner, so when we wanted to also do a Friday night dinner (rehearsal was on Saturday), we just told them we had to bring in an outside caterer because, at this point, we only had 3 months until the wedding, and we still hadn't gotten a finalized menu for the rehearsal dinner. So there was no way they could get the Friday dinner done in time. Then, they double booked our back-up room (in case of rain). Unfortunately, it did rain. And they told us up to 2 months before our wedding, that we had that backup room. Then 3 days before our wedding, they tell us that room has been booked for 7 months. But at 3 days before the wedding, we didn't have time to figure out another room. They ended up calling the other people, who's event wasn't until the next day, and asked them to set up later, but still had to rush through the ceremony and didn't have much of any time for pictures. I could keep going, but moral of the story is--RUN!!! DON'T BOOK HERE!

Sent on 02/20/2017

0.4
      0.5

We got married at the Langham and expected a wonderful experience given the money we were spending there. However I didn't expect to be completely devastated at the end of the wedding. We stepped out briefly at the end of the reception to take some last minute photos in the courtyard. Prior to stepping out, I kicked off my wedding heels under the sweetheart table and changed into a more comfortable pair of shoes to walk outside because my feet were killing me.

When we returned, the staff had swiped my heels. There was no one but the cleaning staff in the room and no one could have known that there were shoes under the tablecloth unless they were cleaning the table. We brought this up to the hotel management and they kept insisting that someone from our wedding party took them.

Who steals someone's wedding heels??? I had shopped for a whole month to find the perfect pair and I had cautiously taped blue crystals on the bottom that said "I do." I had nightmares the night of our wedding and many nights on my honeymoon about losing the shoes or trying to find the shoes. Now I will never see my wedding heels again expect in the few pictures that our photographer was able to get.

I would not recommend getting married here unless you decide to watch anything that might be sentimental to you at all times. Just because they are expensive does not mean they live up to their reputation.

Sent on 10/27/2012