The Landing Resort and Spa Reviews

17 Reviews for The Landing Resort and Spa

17 The Landing Resort and Spa Reviews
  • Mysta

Mysta · Married on 08/04/2017

I am so happy we decided to book The Landing for our wedding reception! I mainly worked with Lynne who was very helpful throughout the whole process of planning. We live out of state, so it was great how quickly she replied to emails and calls! Everything turned out amazing, and I loved how flexible the time line for everything was. We ended up being a little late coming from the church ceremony. The staff let us stay longer on the rooftop terrace, so we could hang out there with everyone! The view of the lake and mountains is beautiful there, and I am so glad we decided to have the cocktail hour there. I loved that the staff set up everything for us and also cleaned the reception afterward! Thank you so much for your help! We had our reception in the event pavilion tent. When everything was put together, it looked beautiful. Everyone I spoke with at The Landing was nice and professional. The reception to me seemed to flow very nicely, and there weren't any problems I had to deal with. I could tell everyone was having a good time and enjoyed the venue! They also provided the food which was amazing! A lot of our guest commented on how yummy the food tasted! My husband and I also stayed the night at The Landing. Their rooms are amazing! We also got a great view of the lake which was beautiful. I felt very taken care of there and am so thankful to everyone involved who helped us on our wedding day! I know we definitely want to come back and stay at The Landing again! Thank you so much for making our wedding day so amazing and fun! :)

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2016

The staff at the Landing Resort and Spa is very professional. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better day !

Victoria · Married on 05/28/2015

We are so very happy with the superb service we received from The Landing and everyone of the staff there, they made our stay and our wedding the most amazing experience and went over and above our expectations in all area's. This truly is the nicest place we have ever stayed for both the hotel and Lake Tahoe and to have our wedding there just made it even more special. Special thanks to Lisa and Kelsey who made our wedding so fantastic and we cannot wait to come back to visit you in the future. More thanks to Corey, Leo and Shirley (and yes Marco too) as well as the cleaners who made our room sparkling each day, the food and service at Jimmys restaurant was delicious and our visit to the spa completely relaxed us. What more can I stay this place is fabulous and we are sad not to be there!

We had a wonderful time at the Landing. They have the best wedding venue in the entire Tahoe Area. Their rooms are modern and comfy. Their food is simply delicious! If you're looking for a wedding venue somewhere in Tahoe area, you should definitely check this resort out.

Kristina · Married on 05/02/2015

The Landing Resort & Spa FAR EXCEEDED our expectations! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty and made us feel so welcome. Kelsey, Lisa and staff were exceptional and went above and beyond. I have never been to a hotel that exuded such a high level of customer service. From our room (which was immaculate and made us feel right at home) to our actual wedding (an amazing day that went off without a hitch thanks to the staff), everything was perfectly planned and organized. We would HIGHLY recommend The Landing for your wedding, event, or even just to stay at while you are in South Lake Tahoe. We will definitely be back next time we are in town!

Kim · Married on 12/13/2014

Beautiful Venue,Wonderful people, Great service. The Wedding turned out Amazing and Lisa and Kelsey were awesome.

Lisa, Kelsey, and the rest of the staff were absolute professionals and I wouldn't hesitate in a second to recommend The Landing as a perfect setting for a wedding. Not living in Tahoe led to a lot of phone and email exchanges, all which were promptly responded to - any questions I had were answered to my satisfaction. The team has a breadth of knowledge about all vendors in the area and were able to suggest many leading my to find both my florist and cake designer without issue. The food was provided by the restaurant on site and getting an opportunity to meet with the head chef and work our way through the menu and hear suggestions really made the mood of our menu special. I am so glad we were able to host our wedding at this venue and look forward to a future of returning to the resort to celebrate honeymoons and many other fun occasions.

Srdjan · Married on 07/09/2017

Very nice location, just by the beach, though the beach is public, so not good for sand photos and similar. The servers were amazing, the food & drinks were great. They won't provide a cake,dj, minister, photographer, additional decorations and flowers but they have good recommendations. All together everybody has a great time and loved the place.

SHERONDA · Married on 07/16/2016

I fell in love with this place the second I stepped foot onto the property. The top notch customer service begins at the valet and it does not stop there. After viewing other venues, we chose this place because of the personalized service, atmosphere, and quality of The Landing. We look forward to having our dream wedding ceremony and reception at The Landing this summer.

Tiffany · Married on 09/09/2015

We live out of town so this venue was perfect. The food was great, they set everything up, clean up, great assistance, had great hair stylist refurals, the beautiful location.All around was the most perfect day all thanks to the assistance of the landing staff.

Kayla · Married on 11/08/2014

Our day was everything we wanted it to be! Great staff, they all cared so much if me and my husband were happy, comfortable, and stress free. They handled EVERYTHING!

Lauren · Married on 08/02/2014

We fell in love with The Landing in pictures and couldn't wait to see the venue in person. It was even better in person. The views from the rooftop (ceremony location) were incredible. You felt like you were on the beach without all the sand. Kelsey and Lisa were helpful and always quick at responding to our emails. Our rating is based on the ceremony as we chose to do the ceremony only option. We couldn't have been happier with our decision to choose The Landing Resort and Spa for our ceremony location.

Scenic ceremony site on rooftop terrace with option to move venue inside if weather doesn't cooperate

Courtney · Married on 06/13/2015

3.8
      3.5

The Landing is most certainly a breathtaking location which is what drew us to the location for our then up-coming nuptials. Unfortunately we encountered some very frustrating situations in ironing out the details of our ceremony and reception. Important details were completely missed despite a year of planning and countless reviews of the ceremony and pavilion layouts. Unfortunately I will not get a redo of the day. We also had issues when it came down to booking rooms to include people being checked into rooms reserved for our wedding party. Extremely frustrating but the staff corrected the issue. It is a very swanky location which was in large part the draw for me however with the amount of money we spent I felt we were still being nickel and dimed for things that should be included such as a proper place setting. I think many of the kinks will be worked out over time as they host more weddings.

With all of that said my husband and I are still over-the-moon with the way our wedding turned out. Kelsey and Lisa were absolutely lovely to work with. The valets let us take over their space to house our large centerpieces. The gentlemen running the shuttle even picked us and our wedding party up after it had stopped running for the night. From the front desk to the bar manager, the entire staff was extremely helpful. Our suites were fabulous with gorgeous views of the lake and our trips to the spa were marvelous. Our friends and family are still raving about how awesome our wedding and the hotel were. With all of the hiccups in the day our wedding turned out to be an over-the-top amazing event. Whether you are just up for a visit or planning your wedding day, I highly recommend The Landing Resort and Spa!

3.8
      3.5

The Landing was a beautiful resort with a breath taking backdrop for the ceremony and reception. The staff was very friendly however given the infancy of the resort there was some confusion with choosing the catering options for the reception. However, when it was all said and done the food was amazing, the location a once in a lifetime backdrop for a gorgeous wedding!

Sandra · Married on 11/08/2014

3.6
      2.5

The Baum - Talbert Wedding was great! As the mother of the groom, I was very pleased overall with ceremony area and reception venue. However, it would have been nice if wedding guests had been more informed of rooms availability and pricing for the occasion. Plus comments to the bride should be more thought out as it is a very stressful time for all.