The Landing Resort and Spa Reviews

View more information

4.7

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Anais M. Married on 12/06/2020

Professional, efficient, extremely helpful team

We originally toured this venue in early 2020, pre-Covid and while we loved it, we had too many guests to fit in their ballroom.
    We ended up booking another venue. Due to Covid, we ended up deciding to heavily reduce our guest count, and we made that decision 2 and half months before our wedding date. We had to change venues and remembered how much we loved The Landing. In 2 and a half months, Stephanie helped us organize our perfect day. She was extremely responsive and answered my many questions thoroughly. She worked with us in understanding restrictions, and helped us figure out a new plan when restrictions changed 2 weeks before our date.
    She was flexible when possible and made our day everything we could have hoped for, even if it didn’t look like what we had imagined because of Covid.
    The resort itself is beautiful. We were able to use the semi-private beach in front of it for our pictures. The view from the terrace during the ceremony was just breathtaking with the snow covered mountains.
    The staff was very helpful, Shannon and Michael actually helped when Stephanie was out for a few days.
    The hotel rooms were fantastic and they gave us a great deal with our hotel block. Since our guests weren’t local they really appreciated the luxurious rooms with beautiful balconies and fireplaces.
    This is a great resort with a great team to help you create your perfect event.
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 02/01/2019

Dream Venue Come True

The Landing was absolutely perfect for us. Because my wedding was so small, less than 40 people we needed somewhere that wouldn't be too large and would feel spacious enough for us. The food was amazing and the waitstaff were perfect. They took special attention to the two of us and also managed the guests and the plated dinner extremely well. It was exactly what we were looking for.

The Landing Resort and Spa's reply:

Megan, thank you so much for your kind words. We so enjoyed meeting you and Michael and your guests. We are happy the weather held for your event, before the snow came. Please come back to see us in the summertime if you can and of course an anniversary!
  • Mysta
    Mysta Married on 08/04/2017
    I am so happy we decided to book The Landing for our wedding reception! I mainly worked with Lynne who was very helpful throughout the whole process of planning. We live out of state, so it was great how quickly she replied to emails and calls! Everything turned out amazing, and I loved how flexible the time line for everything was. We ended up being a little late coming from the church ceremony. The staff let us stay longer on the rooftop terrace, so we could hang out there with everyone! The view of the lake and mountains is beautiful there, and I am so glad we decided to have the cocktail hour there. I loved that the staff set up everything for us and also cleaned the reception afterward! Thank you so much for your help! We had our reception in the event pavilion tent. When everything was put together, it looked beautiful. Everyone I spoke with at The Landing was nice and professional. The reception to me seemed to flow very nicely, and there weren't any problems I had to deal with. I could tell everyone was having a good time and enjoyed the venue! They also provided the food which was amazing! A lot of our guest commented on how yummy the food tasted! My husband and I also stayed the night at The Landing. Their rooms are amazing! We also got a great view of the lake which was beautiful. I felt very taken care of there and am so thankful to everyone involved who helped us on our wedding day! I know we definitely want to come back and stay at The Landing again! Thank you so much for making our wedding day so amazing and fun! :)
    Michelle Married on 09/15/2016
    The staff at the Landing Resort and Spa is very professional. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better day !
    Cassandra Married on 10/23/2015
    The Landing Resort and Spa is a special place for my husband and I. We were very impressed with how our wedding turned out. It was more beautiful than we could've imagined. Kelsey and Lisa are the best, I could not have planned my destination wedding without them. They are very professional and prompt with responses and are happy to help with anything you need. The Landing is situated right infront of the lake and it is so gorgeous. The Landing is elegant and romantic. The Rooftop terrace is where we had our ceremony and cocktail hour and the views were breathtaking. The ballroom where our reception was held is beautiful, it opens up to the lake and you can walk right out to sneek off for some sunset pics on the beach. Our Pictures from the wedding are stunning. The quality of the food is great. Our guests complimented on how beautiful and delicious everything was. I highly recommend visiting The Landing for a tasting and tour. We fell inlove immediatley and knew we made the right choice. The lakefront suite is adorable the view from the balcony made me not want to come home. The staff very friendly and very professional, really really impressed with them as well. Its like home away from home. I can keep going brides! The Landing Reort and Spa was the perfect fit for us and we highly recommend them. Cheers to your special day.
    Victoria Married on 05/28/2015
    We are so very happy with the superb service we received from The Landing and everyone of the staff there, they made our stay and our wedding the most amazing experience and went over and above our expectations in all area's. This truly is the nicest place we have ever stayed for both the hotel and Lake Tahoe and to have our wedding there just made it even more special. Special thanks to Lisa and Kelsey who made our wedding so fantastic and we cannot wait to come back to visit you in the future. More thanks to Corey, Leo and Shirley (and yes Marco too) as well as the cleaners who made our room sparkling each day, the food and service at Jimmys restaurant was delicious and our visit to the spa completely relaxed us. What more can I stay this place is fabulous and we are sad not to be there!
  • User2139119 2+ years ago
    We had a wonderful time at the Landing. They have the best wedding venue in the entire Tahoe Area. Their rooms are modern and comfy. Their food is simply delicious! If you're looking for a wedding venue somewhere in Tahoe area, you should definitely check this resort out.
    Kristina Married on 05/02/2015
    The Landing Resort & Spa FAR EXCEEDED our expectations! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty and made us feel so welcome. Kelsey, Lisa and staff were exceptional and went above and beyond. I have never been to a hotel that exuded such a high level of customer service. From our room (which was immaculate and made us feel right at home) to our actual wedding (an amazing day that went off without a hitch thanks to the staff), everything was perfectly planned and organized. We would HIGHLY recommend The Landing for your wedding, event, or even just to stay at while you are in South Lake Tahoe. We will definitely be back next time we are in town!
    Kim Married on 12/13/2014
    Beautiful Venue,Wonderful people, Great service. The Wedding turned out Amazing and Lisa and Kelsey were awesome.
  • User1974385 2+ years ago
    Lisa, Kelsey, and the rest of the staff were absolute professionals and I wouldn't hesitate in a second to recommend The Landing as a perfect setting for a wedding. Not living in Tahoe led to a lot of phone and email exchanges, all which were promptly responded to - any questions I had were answered to my satisfaction. The team has a breadth of knowledge about all vendors in the area and were able to suggest many leading my to find both my florist and cake designer without issue. The food was provided by the restaurant on site and getting an opportunity to meet with the head chef and work our way through the menu and hear suggestions really made the mood of our menu special. I am so glad we were able to host our wedding at this venue and look forward to a future of returning to the resort to celebrate honeymoons and many other fun occasions.
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 11/11/2018

Absolutely Beautiful Locaiton

The Landing is a wonderful location! The outdoor terrace that overlooks the lake makes a perfect backdrop for a wedding. The reception Ballroom is beautiful as well. It has large glass doors that open up to the lake. The guest rooms are awesome too, with their large balconies and luxury bathrooms with heated floors. Also, the food catered by their in-house restaurant was nothing short of delicious and our guests just loved it! (Especially the grilled vegetables).

The Landing Resort and Spa's reply:

Thank you Sara for the kind words regarding your wedding event here at The Landing Resort and Spa. We love to hear from our couples and it makes us so happy that you had a wonderful experience with us. Please come back and visit us, especially on an anniversary! Congratulations to you and Greg!
    Srdjan Married on 07/09/2017
    Very nice location, just by the beach, though the beach is public, so not good for sand photos and similar. The servers were amazing, the food & drinks were great. They won't provide a cake,dj, minister, photographer, additional decorations and flowers but they have good recommendations. All together everybody has a great time and loved the place.
    Sheronda Married on 07/16/2016
    I fell in love with this place the second I stepped foot onto the property. The top notch customer service begins at the valet and it does not stop there. After viewing other venues, we chose this place because of the personalized service, atmosphere, and quality of The Landing. We look forward to having our dream wedding ceremony and reception at The Landing this summer.
    Tiffany Married on 09/09/2015
    We live out of town so this venue was perfect. The food was great, they set everything up, clean up, great assistance, had great hair stylist refurals, the beautiful location.All around was the most perfect day all thanks to the assistance of the landing staff.
    Kayla Married on 11/08/2014
    Our day was everything we wanted it to be! Great staff, they all cared so much if me and my husband were happy, comfortable, and stress free. They handled EVERYTHING!
    Lauren Married on 08/02/2014
    We fell in love with The Landing in pictures and couldn't wait to see the venue in person. It was even better in person. The views from the rooftop (ceremony location) were incredible. You felt like you were on the beach without all the sand. Kelsey and Lisa were helpful and always quick at responding to our emails. Our rating is based on the ceremony as we chose to do the ceremony only option. We couldn't have been happier with our decision to choose The Landing Resort and Spa for our ceremony location.
  • User2409043 2+ years ago
    Scenic ceremony site on rooftop terrace with option to move venue inside if weather doesn't cooperate
    Courtney Married on 06/13/2015
    The Landing is most certainly a breathtaking location which is what drew us to the location for our then up-coming nuptials. Unfortunately we encountered some very frustrating situations in ironing out the details of our ceremony and reception. Important details were completely missed despite a year of planning and countless reviews of the ceremony and pavilion layouts. Unfortunately I will not get a redo of the day. We also had issues when it came down to booking rooms to include people being checked into rooms reserved for our wedding party. Extremely frustrating but the staff corrected the issue. It is a very swanky location which was in large part the draw for me however with the amount of money we spent I felt we were still being nickel and dimed for things that should be included such as a proper place setting. I think many of the kinks will be worked out over time as they host more weddings.

With all of that said my husband and I are still over-the-moon with the way our wedding turned out. Kelsey and Lisa were absolutely lovely to work with. The valets let us take over their space to house our large centerpieces. The gentlemen running the shuttle even picked us and our wedding party up after it had stopped running for the night. From the front desk to the bar manager, the entire staff was extremely helpful. Our suites were fabulous with gorgeous views of the lake and our trips to the spa were marvelous. Our friends and family are still raving about how awesome our wedding and the hotel were. With all of the hiccups in the day our wedding turned out to be an over-the-top amazing event. Whether you are just up for a visit or planning your wedding day, I highly recommend The Landing Resort and Spa!
  • User1680457 2+ years ago
    The Landing was a beautiful resort with a breath taking backdrop for the ceremony and reception. The staff was very friendly however given the infancy of the resort there was some confusion with choosing the catering options for the reception. However, when it was all said and done the food was amazing, the location a once in a lifetime backdrop for a gorgeous wedding!
    Sandra Married on 11/08/2014
    The Baum - Talbert Wedding was great! As the mother of the groom, I was very pleased overall with ceremony area and reception venue. However, it would have been nice if wedding guests had been more informed of rooms availability and pricing for the occasion. Plus comments to the bride should be more thought out as it is a very stressful time for all.