The Laboratory Mill Reviews

The Laboratory Mill 7
  • Heidi

Heidi Hearne · Getting married on 02/27/2021

Very responsive!

We did not end up booking this venue but the owner was extremely helpful in answering all my questions, along with being very nice and easy to get ahold of!

Sent on 06/11/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks for the kind words you shared even though you chose a different venue. Being responsive and willing to answer questions is very important to us. We wish you all the best!
  • Summer

Summer Boyles · Getting married on 01/09/2020

Amazing Venue

Our wedding day was so perfect in every way. We could not have been happier that we chose The Laboratory Mill in Lincolnton, NC. We chose to get married in their downstairs area called the card room. More of a rustic/dark and quaint vibe and it turned out so beautiful. We had so many compliments on the space. The staff was amazing to work with and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. And their communication throughout the whole planning process was top notch... one of the best out of all of my vendors. Always responding promptly and always willing to let me visit as much as needed to plan. So happy to have our memories of this special day at this venue and can't wait to get all of our pictures back.

Sent on 10/18/2019
    The Laboratory Mill 8
    The Laboratory Mill 9
    The Laboratory Mill 10
    The Laboratory Mill 11
    The Laboratory Mill 12

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Summer thank you for the sweet words and CONGRATULATIONS to you and Tyler! The Card Room was the ideal space and you took advantage of it - it was absolutely gorgeous. We can't wait to see pictures!!

Erin Wichelman · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Amazing venue

The Mill is absolutely amazing! The venue in itself is beautiful, but the staff also makes it a priority to take care of you! I couldn't have asked for anything more of this venue. Our wedding was perfect!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks Erin! We loved having you and Shaun here at The Mill. So thrilled for you and can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Peyton · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely perfect.

The Laboratory Mill was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. The staff was amazing, the venue is gorgeous, and everything was exactly how we dreamed it would be. Could not recommend this venue more!!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Hi Peyton!
    Congratulations and thank you for the kind words! I love that we helped to make your dream a reality. You and Parks, and your families were all so great to work with.

Pamela Beam · Married on 02/15/2019

Eggers' Wedding, February 9, 2019

When our daughter got engaged, we immediately made an appointment to visit the Laboratory Mill because of the fantastic reviews, and based on the pictures, this venus was exactly what we were looking for! We made an appointment with Linda who we were beyond amazed! We LOVED her! The experience we had with everyone we came in contact with there was very professional and extremely accommodating. They set everything up exactly as we wanted for the day of the wedding. Our host for Friday night and Saturday was Jamie. He and the other staff were on top of everything making sure we had exactly what we needed and many times going above and beyond.

We also used the Card Room for our rehearsal. It is such a quaint space and making it so nice not to have to move to a different location.

As for our experience...I could NOT have asked for more! I would give them a 100 stars if that were an option!

Mother-of-the-Bride

Sent on 02/15/2019
    The Laboratory Mill 13
    The Laboratory Mill 14
    The Laboratory Mill 15

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you for the kind words - we love when our clients have the day they've dreamed of! It was a delight to work with all of you! Meredith was always appreciative and even on wedding day she was so calm.
    Best wishes to Kyle & Meredith!
    Linda, Jamey and all the staff!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2018

I cannot express enough how fantastic the entire staff at the laboratory mill had been for my husband and I throughout the entire wedding process. Linda is always just a phone call away and is happy to assist in anyway she can from throughout the entire process. The staff the day of the wedding was very attentive and friendly throughout the entire day and night. We had a hurricane on our wedding day, and it was still the most perfect day thanks to the amazing staff, and fantastic vendors. The venue is stunning but very reasonable for all that comes along with it and the amazing service that is provided!! Thank you again to all the staff for making our special day so perfect - Jenn & Dave Barrett

Sent on 09/21/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

We wish you and David all the love in the world and happy we had a part in your dream day!

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing venue

Amazing venue. They made sure we had nothing to worry about.

Sent on 12/06/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley, for your review! Many blessings to you and Shane and your future together!

Blair · Married on 02/24/2018

My wedding was absolutely amazing. The most magical day of my life and I cannot thank the Laboratory Mill enough. They were so supportive of me as a bride throughout my whole wedding planning processes. I was always able to go visit the venue, my questions were always answered without hesitation and everyone was always willing to help me make my wedding day the best day of my life! The overwhelming support I had throughout the process and on my big day was more than I could have ever asked for! This venue is amazing and I recomend it to anyone who is looking to have a fairly tale wedding!

Sent on 04/26/2018
    The Laboratory Mill 16

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks Blair, it was our pleasure to help and be a part of your wedding day!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/31/2017

I cannot rave enough about this beautiful vendor! After taking one look at the Laboratory Mill I knew my future husband and I would love this historic landmark and all of its staff. Every one was so helpful and supportive and I truly felt like they took the time to make our day unique and flawless. Pick the Mil! You certainly will not regret it!

Sent on 02/18/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much! Blessings!

Pete · Married on 12/31/2017

As the father of the bride, I was on edge about my daughter's wedding on New Year's eve, but this organization and their staff were absolutely perfect! The staff was pleasant, efficient and a joy to interact with on this special day. I am so glad we picked them for this special day. The facility itself was perfect for the wedding. Pete O'Connor

Sent on 02/21/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much for your review; we think our staff is awesome too! They try hard to make your day as stress-free as possible.

Caroline · Married on 10/22/2017

Absolutely amazing experience with The Laboratory Mill. The staff was extremely nice and were so easy to work with. They really made my wedding my dream day.

Sent on 04/25/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you and many blessings!

Jill · Married on 10/07/2017

We felt like we were living in a fairy tale during our daughter’s wedding on Sunday, October 1, 2017. Laboratory Mill is a romantic, beautiful venue with rich history. The view from the windows of the flowing water is unique and charming. The owners and staff are kind, professional, genuine people and we can’t say enough good things about them. From the day of our tour to the day of the wedding, they couldn’t have been more helpful. They were always one step ahead of us for all of our needs. I also used their recommended vendors and couldn’t have been more pleased. Thank you so much for making Emily and Ryan’s dreams come true for a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 10/03/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much! And we're always glad to hear that our recommended vendors have made our clients happy.

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

I couldn't imagine a more beautiful day. During the wedding planning process, we worked with Linda at the Laboratory Mill. She is not only the most genuine, sweetest, caring person I've ever met, but she is also incredibly knowledgeable about all of the in's and out's of the wedding industry. We booked the Mill at an incredibly low price because we had our wedding on a Sunday in February (highly recommend) and I never once felt that I lost any special experience by doing so. The entire Laboratory Mill team was there the morning of my wedding and happy to assist in any way. They made me feel like a princess and from parking to the last dance, everything was seamless. I planned and designed the entire wedding by myself, and it was so refreshing to have a whole team of people dedicated to making my day the best ever! Linda was incredibly accommodating and let me in the venue early in the morning to set up, assisted with anything that I needed help with, was available for any needs during the ceremony or reception, helped my vendors (catering and DJ) get situated, and handled clean-up. I can't wait to find a reason to have events here in the future! I love this team of people!

Sent on 05/09/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We would love to have you back anytime, party!

Sara · Married on 05/13/2017

The Venue is beautiful! Along with John & Linda who helped to make sure everything was taken care of from the beginning until several days after the wedding-even coming in early & staying late to help decorate & de-decorate!

Sent on 09/10/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!

Laura · Married on 05/06/2017

Our wedding experience at Laboratory Mill was wonderful! Linda was amazing, so nice and helpful! I highly recommend this venue! It is absolutely gorgeous and timeless! The staff is wonderful as well!

Sent on 10/13/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We love hosting such fantastic families!

Amelia · Married on 03/10/2017

My advice would be to BOOK IT! From our first viewing to our wedding day, Laboratory Mill was the single best decision we made about our wedding. The entire staff was wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend the Lab to anyone in the Charlotte area!

Sent on 05/09/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks Amellia! We are very blessed to have a team that really cares about our guests!

Natalie · Married on 12/31/2016

This venue was absolutely perfect for our wedding. The staff were top notch, and everything went as planned. Best decision we could have made!

Sent on 05/15/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! We are very happy we could help make your and John's day all you planned it to be!

Heather · Married on 11/21/2016

We had a wonderful experience with the Lab Mill. Prior to the event, the team was incredibly organized with making sure everything would be set-up and ready the way we desired. We were able to visit the venue multiple times leading up to the event to help us prepare and visualize. On the day of, they continued to offer beyond-excellent service. Everyone we worked with was friendly and helpful. The venue itself is breathtaking and offers countless unique spaces that your photographer will love. It was the perfect day at an incredible venue. We highly recommend.

Sent on 06/14/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much Heather! We enjoyed having you here! Many blessings!

Payton · Married on 11/19/2016

I sincerely enjoyed my experience working with the staff at The Laboratory Mill. The venue is absolutely beautiful, inside and out! Our day was very organized; all went smoothly and efficiently. I would recommend the Lab to absolutely anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband and I have not one bad thing to say about the Mill. We were absolutely blown away when we first went to tour it. Linda and everyone at the Mill was outstanding!! They were always available to answer any questions we had during our planning. We had our wedding their in October and we had a lot of out of town guests. Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how wonderful the staff was. Needless to say our wedding went off without any problems!!! We wish we could relive it!!!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Holly · Married on 08/06/2016

I cannot say enough great things about The Laboratory Mill! Linda and all the staff were so amazing to work with; always accommodating and helpful. Everything was perfect, love this venue!!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Molly · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I got married at The Mill in June and it was nothing short of amazing! Linda and everyone there are so helpful from the minute you take a tour until your event is over! We cannot say enough nice things about them. They accommodated our large guest list with ease. Our entire day from start to finish ran smoothly - they checked in on us often and took care of all our vendors too - making sure everyone was on-time and in the right place. The list of vendors they recommend do not disappoint!

The Mill's staff is not the only wonderful thing though - the venue itself offers so much history and is unlike any other place we looked into for our wedding. There are so many great picture spots too - our pictures turned out amazing.

The Mill and it's staff are the best are we are SO glad we started our journey as husband and wife here!

Sent on 12/12/2016

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you, Molly! It was our pleasure to be able to play a small part in such a special day. We enjoyed having you and your family here!

Alisha · Married on 04/03/2016

As soon as we saw the Laboratory Mill, we knew that we had to get married there. This was the place of our dreams. The staff was so accommodating and friendly and went out of their way to make our wedding day perfect. On top of that, they made the whole planning process so easy. The scenery both inside and outside made for outstanding pictures, and the whole feel of the wedding was perfect. Our guests have been raving about how beautiful our wedding venue was. We will always look back on this day with perfect memories.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Beth · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I knew that we wanted a place where we could have both the ceremony and reception all in one. We looked at five different venues in five different days, and on the fifth day, we found the Laboratory Mill. I could not have asked for a more wonderful venue. From Charlotte, where the majority of our guests were driving, it is a short trip, and well worth the drive. The mill is absolutely stunning. It has a rich history, a beautiful inside and outside area, and the people are the best most accomodating you could ask for. In the wedding business it is easy to feel as though your wedding is just one of many, and that your money is just what they are after, at the Laboratory Mill, they want you to have the day of your dreams, and they want you to feel like you are the only person that matters.
    Linda and the whole team at the Mill let us have our run of the place for the day of and day prior to wedding. I truely do not have enough wonderful things to say about this magical place. Aside from finding my husband, the next best find of my life was the Laboratory Mill. I have heard so many brides have regrets on their wedding day, but I assure you that selecting the Laboratory Mill you will have the wedding of your dreams!

Sent on 04/18/2016

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! Our goal is for every bride to have a perfect day with no worries. You and Reed and your families were great to work with during the process and the wedding day. Our best wishes and congratulations!

Sydney · Married on 03/12/2016

The people at The Laboratory Mill are what make this the best venue out there. They answered all of our questions, walked us through each step, were honest and clear, and the day of the wedding was a breeze. The venue itself is absolutely GORGEOUS too. I honestly didn't have to do too much decorating because the venue was beautiful all on its own. I HIGHLY recommend this venue to all of my engaged friends!

Sent on 06/13/2018