The Laboratory Mill Reviews

55 | Lincolnton, NC

55 Reviews for The Laboratory Mill

Michael Branson · Getting married on 03/07/2021

The Perfect Venue

The staff is Amazing! They go above and beyond for your event. Very professional and friendly staff that go the extra mile to make your day, their day. The Laboratory Mill is an Absolutely Beautiful venue which can accommodate any size event. Once you take the tour, you know this is your venue.

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much for your support and the great work you do! We love what we do and believe anyone visiting The Mill will fall in love with her!
  • Heidi

Heidi Hearne · Getting married on 02/27/2021

Very responsive!

We did not end up booking this venue but the owner was extremely helpful in answering all my questions, along with being very nice and easy to get ahold of!

Sent on 06/11/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks for the kind words you shared even though you chose a different venue. Being responsive and willing to answer questions is very important to us. We wish you all the best!

Jeanne Crawford · Married on 02/09/2020

Amazing venue

Everything was amazing the venue is the perfect setting for a wedding. We were so pleased with the staff and the layout. A wonderful memory for our friends and family. Thank you so much for making this amazing.

Sent on 10/21/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you! We are thrilled Lauren and Ryan had there wedding and rehearsal dinner here with us but even more thrilled they had a wonderful time!
  • Marcie

Marcie Jourdain · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazingggggg!

I fell in love with this venue when we first toured. I took my bridals there as well.
    As far as the wedding day goes, I can’t even imagine the staff/venue being ANY BETTER!!!
    I had a walkie talkie the day of and could ask/request ANY and EVERYTHING.
    10/10 recommend. Not to mention my wedding photos on site turned out SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sent on 02/18/2020

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Marcie thank you for the kind words! Beautiful bride, beautiful wedding. We are thrilled you and Chad had a fantastic day!

Erin Wichelman · Married on 12/10/2019

Amazing venue

The Mill is absolutely amazing! The venue in itself is beautiful, but the staff also makes it a priority to take care of you! I couldn't have asked for anything more of this venue. Our wedding was perfect!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks Erin! We loved having you and Shaun here at The Mill. So thrilled for you and can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations and Best Wishes!
  • Alanna

Alanna · Married on 11/16/2019

11.16.2019

This venue is AMAZING!! 10/10!

Sent on 11/23/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks! It was our pleasure to work with you and the families for yours and Tanner's wedding! You were all great to work with. We can't wait to see pictures and maybe a video of THE song!
    Linda McGinnis
  • Olivia

Olivia Ballard · Married on 11/03/2019

We are so glad we picked The Laboratory Mill!

From the moment that we booked the Laboratory Mill for our wedding, we had a wonderful experience! Linda was always willing to work with us and answer all the questions we had. During our planning, she was always organized and prepared, especially as we got closer to the wedding day. Having our wedding at the Mill was a dream come true, and we are so glad we chose it. Everything was so beautiful, and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our special day went smoothly. We would highly recommend the Laboratory Mill to anyone!

Sent on 12/19/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you, so much, Olivia, for the kind words! Our staff strives to extend hospitality and we're very thankful when it's noticed. Blessings to you and Micah and best wishes for a most wonderful marriage!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Lappin · Married on 10/31/2019

Laboratory Mill is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Beautifully decorated, unique, the staff is overly organized and flexible. An unforgettable experience!

The Mill was my second choice due to other friends sharing their wedding experience at this location. However, the staff strives to provide an unforgettable experience for everyone involved. Non the less the Laboratory Mill set themselves apart from every other venue. I knew I would marry the love of my life at the beautiful Laboratory Mill. The staff provided a unique and incomparable experience for my husband and me. I will remember our wedding day for many years to come. I am forever grateful to have had the experience we did with the Laboratory Mill. The staff was there for ever beckoning need. They were flexible with decor, the number of wedding guest, catering, music and more. If the wedding party or guest needed anything they were there with enthusiasm and a smile on their face. If you’re indecisive about anything they have ideas and a vision to share with you. The staff is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way possible. Which makes coordinating and enjoying your day a breeze. Did I mention the photography views? Holy cow.... every angle of the Mill is stunning. You do not need to worry about getting the perfect picture. The original brick walls, huge windows, vintage appeal, rustic feel and open space make every picture perfect for the bride and groom as well as the guests. Overall our experience was beyond what I could have imagined.

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you Lindsey! Congrats to you and Sean! Your kind words and wonderful description feels us with pride and excitement for the next "special day"!

Jessica Beam · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding Venue

The Laboratory Mill was the smartest decision we made during wedding planning. As soon as we booked them, Linda made sure we were comfortable with everything! They responded to every question I had within a few hours of asking! Not only is the venue itself absolutely breathtaking, the people that work their take such pride in it. You can tell they know how to make each couple’s wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 10/29/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you Jessica! We are more than happy you and Zack had a great day and experience throughout - from booking to the exit after the reception! We do have pride in the venue but even more in the personal service we strive to give.

Tracie Henry · Married on 09/20/2019

Perfect in every way

The staff at the mill are very accommodating and willing to help in any way to make your event the best that it can be. We hosted the rehearsal dinner in the card room, and the wedding was the next day upstairs. The rehearsal dinner theme was photography since my son is a videographer and they both love cameras!

Sent on 10/20/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you for the feedback and for sharing the pictures! We just love Susannah and Chris - so much talent and creativity! Your use of the Card Room for the rehearsal dinner was very well planned and laid out.

Karen Greeson · Married on 08/31/2019

Mother of the bride- Karen Greeson

A brides dream. Are you looking for pure splendor in a wedding venue? Look no further. The Labatory Mill, standing boldly along the South Fork River, is simply stunning. The majestic views of water rushing over rocks is a photographers dream. Enterning the historic mill, you are drawn to its beauty. The Card Room, located downstairs takes you back in time. This venue is perfection! The staff? What an outstanding group of people. Kind, flexible, friendly, professional, knowledgeable , with one goal in mind, making a brides dreams come true. As the mother of the bride, I left feeling like I had gained a new family. From the depths of my heart, I say,” Thank you.”

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Oh Karen, you made me cry, again! We loved working with you for Lindsey & Sean's wedding. To know you appreciated the beauty of The Mill and her surroundings is wonderful. Helping make dreams a reality is pretty cool job!

Peyton · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely perfect.

The Laboratory Mill was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. The staff was amazing, the venue is gorgeous, and everything was exactly how we dreamed it would be. Could not recommend this venue more!!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Hi Peyton!
    Congratulations and thank you for the kind words! I love that we helped to make your dream a reality. You and Parks, and your families were all so great to work with.

Pamela Beam · Married on 02/15/2019

Eggers' Wedding, February 9, 2019

When our daughter got engaged, we immediately made an appointment to visit the Laboratory Mill because of the fantastic reviews, and based on the pictures, this venus was exactly what we were looking for! We made an appointment with Linda who we were beyond amazed! We LOVED her! The experience we had with everyone we came in contact with there was very professional and extremely accommodating. They set everything up exactly as we wanted for the day of the wedding. Our host for Friday night and Saturday was Jamie. He and the other staff were on top of everything making sure we had exactly what we needed and many times going above and beyond.

We also used the Card Room for our rehearsal. It is such a quaint space and making it so nice not to have to move to a different location.

As for our experience...I could NOT have asked for more! I would give them a 100 stars if that were an option!

Mother-of-the-Bride

Sent on 02/15/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you for the kind words - we love when our clients have the day they've dreamed of! It was a delight to work with all of you! Meredith was always appreciative and even on wedding day she was so calm.
    Best wishes to Kyle & Meredith!
    Linda, Jamey and all the staff!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2018

I cannot express enough how fantastic the entire staff at the laboratory mill had been for my husband and I throughout the entire wedding process. Linda is always just a phone call away and is happy to assist in anyway she can from throughout the entire process. The staff the day of the wedding was very attentive and friendly throughout the entire day and night. We had a hurricane on our wedding day, and it was still the most perfect day thanks to the amazing staff, and fantastic vendors. The venue is stunning but very reasonable for all that comes along with it and the amazing service that is provided!! Thank you again to all the staff for making our special day so perfect - Jenn & Dave Barrett

Sent on 09/21/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

We wish you and David all the love in the world and happy we had a part in your dream day!

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2018

Such a perfect day!

Choosing the Mill as our Venue was an absolute no brainer. From the start Linda and the rest of the staff was SO incredibly helpful in planning and making the day go smoothly. I would absolutely recommend this venue for your wedding, bridal/baby shower, or any other event you desire! The location is easy to find with ample parking and the venue itself is gorgeous in every way

Sent on 10/21/2019

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks Brittany! Very glad you and Grayson chose to have your wedding with us! We enjoyed working with you and the families to make it a dream come true!

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing venue

Amazing venue. They made sure we had nothing to worry about.

Sent on 12/06/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley, for your review! Many blessings to you and Shane and your future together!

Blair · Married on 02/24/2018

My wedding was absolutely amazing. The most magical day of my life and I cannot thank the Laboratory Mill enough. They were so supportive of me as a bride throughout my whole wedding planning processes. I was always able to go visit the venue, my questions were always answered without hesitation and everyone was always willing to help me make my wedding day the best day of my life! The overwhelming support I had throughout the process and on my big day was more than I could have ever asked for! This venue is amazing and I recomend it to anyone who is looking to have a fairly tale wedding!

Sent on 04/26/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thanks Blair, it was our pleasure to help and be a part of your wedding day!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/31/2017

I cannot rave enough about this beautiful vendor! After taking one look at the Laboratory Mill I knew my future husband and I would love this historic landmark and all of its staff. Every one was so helpful and supportive and I truly felt like they took the time to make our day unique and flawless. Pick the Mil! You certainly will not regret it!

Sent on 02/18/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much! Blessings!

Pete · Married on 12/31/2017

As the father of the bride, I was on edge about my daughter's wedding on New Year's eve, but this organization and their staff were absolutely perfect! The staff was pleasant, efficient and a joy to interact with on this special day. I am so glad we picked them for this special day. The facility itself was perfect for the wedding. Pete O'Connor

Sent on 02/21/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much for your review; we think our staff is awesome too! They try hard to make your day as stress-free as possible.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2017

Excellent venue!

I absolutely love TLM. It offers a unique space and plenty of options for inclement weather. The staff is very helpful and responsive to all of my questions. It’s definitely a venue I recommend to my brides!

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! You helped make working to make Allie and Ian's day a breeze. We appreciate the job you do!

Caroline · Married on 10/22/2017

Absolutely amazing experience with The Laboratory Mill. The staff was extremely nice and were so easy to work with. They really made my wedding my dream day.

Sent on 04/25/2018

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you and many blessings!

Jill · Married on 10/07/2017

We felt like we were living in a fairy tale during our daughter’s wedding on Sunday, October 1, 2017. Laboratory Mill is a romantic, beautiful venue with rich history. The view from the windows of the flowing water is unique and charming. The owners and staff are kind, professional, genuine people and we can’t say enough good things about them. From the day of our tour to the day of the wedding, they couldn’t have been more helpful. They were always one step ahead of us for all of our needs. I also used their recommended vendors and couldn’t have been more pleased. Thank you so much for making Emily and Ryan’s dreams come true for a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 10/03/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much! And we're always glad to hear that our recommended vendors have made our clients happy.

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

I couldn't imagine a more beautiful day. During the wedding planning process, we worked with Linda at the Laboratory Mill. She is not only the most genuine, sweetest, caring person I've ever met, but she is also incredibly knowledgeable about all of the in's and out's of the wedding industry. We booked the Mill at an incredibly low price because we had our wedding on a Sunday in February (highly recommend) and I never once felt that I lost any special experience by doing so. The entire Laboratory Mill team was there the morning of my wedding and happy to assist in any way. They made me feel like a princess and from parking to the last dance, everything was seamless. I planned and designed the entire wedding by myself, and it was so refreshing to have a whole team of people dedicated to making my day the best ever! Linda was incredibly accommodating and let me in the venue early in the morning to set up, assisted with anything that I needed help with, was available for any needs during the ceremony or reception, helped my vendors (catering and DJ) get situated, and handled clean-up. I can't wait to find a reason to have events here in the future! I love this team of people!

Sent on 05/09/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We would love to have you back anytime, party!

Sara · Married on 05/13/2017

The Venue is beautiful! Along with John & Linda who helped to make sure everything was taken care of from the beginning until several days after the wedding-even coming in early & staying late to help decorate & de-decorate!

Sent on 09/10/2017

The Laboratory Mill's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!