The Ksbphoto Reviews

The Ksbphoto 6
The Ksbphoto 7
  • Finally Mrs. H.

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2017

Kathleen was an amazing addition to our vendor team. She is super flexible and always willing to answer questions. Our engagement pictures were AMAZING. When our wedding day came around, I was not surprised at all to find that she was punctual, smiling, and got straight to work. We got our wedding photos back in record time -- way before the contract said we would. And they are all amazing. Even with uncooperative children, Kathleen still managed to capture the day beautifully. I will cherish our photos forever. Thank you Kathleen!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017
  • Sara644

Sara · Married on 10/02/2016

Update: Kathleen shot our wedding at the beginning of October and once again she was the BEST to work with! She was so kind and patient with all of our crazy family members and was the best at directing the show. I was so confident with her around because I knew how professional she is. We just saw some of our "sneak peek" that she posted and the pictures are amazing! I can't wait to see more! You should consider yourself lucky if you get to book Kathleen and ksbphoto.

Kathleen has been absolutely amazing so far! As an out of town bride, I have been living and dying by email and phone communication. Kathleen is always quick to respond and accommodate me. My fiancé and I will be flying into the Chicagoland area next month to visit family and Kathleen was willing to work around her schedule to set up a time to do our engagement shoot! She has truly been absolutely amazing. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather work with!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Jason · Married on 12/19/2015

Kathleen was an amazing photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. She has an abundance of energy and dedication. She possesses an endless amount of creative ideas and makes the photographing fun. I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed during the whole process. I know my wife an I will use Kathleen for any events to come. I will recommend her to anyone I know getting married.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Anne · Married on 10/24/2015

We used Kathleen for our wedding on October 24th, 2015. She is one amazing photographer. She is very detail-oriented and had our entire day set out for us (photograph schedule) a week before our wedding date. That really helped us coordinate with the rest of our vendors. She took any photographs we asked her to take, but after that we left her to use her candid style to capture the rest of the night. We just got to see a sneak peek of our pictures (about 20) and love them! We can't wait to see them all. We recommend using Kathleen for your wedding or any photo session.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Heather · Married on 10/03/2015

We love Kathleen! She is bubbly, outgoing, caring, and real! She is affordable and flexible! We found her on Wedding Wire and had already begun to feel the dreaded doubt that comes with searching for a wedding photographer. That is until we met Kathleen. She not only worked with our budget, but she also volunteered her services at a school function for my 6th graders! She was able to deal with my constant questions and was patient when I got excited about our pictures being posted! She always reassured me that I was not being a bridezilla and for that I thank her beyond words! I have referred her to several friends and family and for each referral we get free prints! YAHOO! Kathleen is great! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Erin · Married on 09/19/2015

Kathleen did our engagement session a little over a month ago. The day of, she was easy to work with, flexible, and captured who we are as a couple. She told us to expect previews within a week and the entire set within three; we got the previews the day of and the rest of them about a week later. She will also be doing our wedding, and I cannot wait to see her work. We absolutely loved working with her!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Kathleen was easy to work with and provided some excellent ideas that created some amazing shots.

Sent on 02/08/2014

Beth · Married on 09/21/2013

We could not have been happier with our photographs from ksbphoto. From the beginning, she was open to our wants and needs for our wedding day. Ksbphoto did our engagement photos and even though it was a 100 degree day, the pictures turned out amazing. We were impressed with her fresh style that showed the true emotion of the day. Her modern style was a breath of fresh air. Her uniqueness will be in our wedding portfolio forever. We would HIGHLY recommend Kathleen to anyone who is looking for a fun, energetic photographer with a modern twist.

Sent on 01/04/2014
  • User3302011 · 2+ years ago

If we had to do it over, we would choose Kathleen as our wedding photographer without pause! She was an absolute delight to work with- charming, professional and enthusiastic. And when she takes action, that's where the passion comes through. She's not afraid to throw herself onto the rain-soaked ground to get that unique perspective. She worked our event tirelessly and cheerfully, which was a long day with lots to capture. And the photos are fantastic. We're in the process of selecting pictures for our wedding album, and let me tell you- the options are endless. So many amazing action shots! She has that unique sixth sense; she can anticipate when something great is going to happen and captures it flawlessly. If you're in the Chicago area, I highly recommend Kathleen at KSB Photo for your wedding, special event, or family/pet portrait.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Marie · event on 08/18/2013

We used ksbphoto for our engagement pictures and couldn't be more happy! We were clueless as to any locations we wanted to use and Kathleen gave us so many great ideas and helped us find what fit us best. She made the entire process so simple and she was quick to respond with any questions we had. Not to mention our pictures turned out great! I would recommend ksbphoto to anyone who is looking for high quality, professional, and creative photos.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/03/2013

We booked Kathleen to be our photographer for our May wedding next year. Obviously, we haven't had the wedding yet, but our engagemet session was awesome!!!! The pictures turned out great and we had SO much fun. She put up with our craziness (and getting lost on the way to and from) and made us laugh from begining to end. From the first moment we met, she was genuinely interested in us as a couple. Not all about her business and the money. She took the time to ask us our love story, and get to know our personalities as well as share some of her own memories. She's very professional, but more importantly very genuine. She is incredibly flexible with budgets and time (we had to change our engagement pics a few times due to my Fiance's schedule). We told her right away what we could afford and she worked with us to make sure we would get the most for our money. It's truly been an amazing experience so far. I recommended her to my brother and his Fiance who will be married shortly after we will and they booked her as well. I can't wait to see our wedding pictures!

Thanks Kathleen!
    Nicole & Jonathan

Sent on 09/16/2013
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 07/27/2013

Kathleen was an absolute joy to work with! Her energy combined with her beautiful work helped to capture all of the memories of our big day! Other larger companies wouldn't even let us meet the actual photographer until they showed up on the day of, but I was able to establish a relationship with Kathleen the day we met. Our pictures are priceless!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Heather · Married on 06/14/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about Kathleen! She did our engagement photos and we've loved her ever since! While there were a few set backs the day of the wedding, Kathleen was super professional. The pictures she took were out of this world! The detail shots only she could have come up with! I can't wait to see our wedding album come together, I know Kathleen will make it beautiful!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Ashley · event on 05/14/2013

ksbphoto did our engagement session. It was so much fun and Kathleen was great! She had some great ideas and was open to any ideas that we came up with along the way. You can tell that photography is her passion and she loves to work with people. After the shoot was over she sent us a preview right away then shortly after our photos were available for viewing. After our photos were done, I told Kathleen that I was looking at doing our Save The Dates with the photos and Kathleen didn't hesitate to jump in and say that she would be happy to do them. She created a few designs and they all were great! We decided on one and Kathleen took care of the rest. She ordered and delivered them to us. It was great working with ksbphoto and we can't wait to work with Kathleen on our wedding day!!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Angelica · event on 02/02/2013

Kathleen from ksbphoto did an amazing job at our Pet Photography event that we had at our bank earlier this year. It was a huge success! Over 60 pets were photographed by Kathleen and she was truely a pleasure to work with. She is so sweet and patient with the animals. We heard so many wonderful things from our customers. They were very pleased with her work. The photos came out adorable! We are going to have another Pet Photography event in 2014 and plan to hire ksbphoto again.

Sent on 10/10/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/21/2012

Being a co-worker of Kathleen, I knew she was a photographer and saw a lot of her work from other co-workers that have had the chance to capture their memories with her. My husband and I had our engagement pictures done by her back in summer and loved how fun and energetic she was during the shoot. We loved the fact that she gave us every photo in color and black & white on a disk with a consent form so we could take them anywhere. When we decided to have a small wedding in December, we didn't think twice about who we would hire to take our wedding photos. She was willing to go anywhere and anytime, and took pictures where ever we wanted to go. Kathleen was the most professional personal that I dealt with during the entire planning process! She emailed me first or responded right away when deciding on details and showed up early on the wedding day to meet our family. Along with the normal wedding portraits, she really captured some beautiful environmental pictures that added a creative touch to our album. She really did capture EVERY moment from the time I was getting ready to the reception. Our family loves Kathleen and her photography. We have all used her for our events and will continue to do so!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Nadia · Married on 10/20/2012

Ksbphoto did a fantastic job at our wedding. Kathleen Buhrmann, owner of ksbphoto, was our friends’ photographer at their wedding the year before and they could not stop raving about her so we had to book her as well. From our first consultation to our last interaction (i.e. photo/canvas orders), Kathleen could not have been any more helpful through her immediate responses, expert advice, and unwavering positive attitude. I cannot think of a single complaint about the services I received from ksbphoto – not one. Kathleen produced amazing wedding photographs for us by making us feel utterly at ease (and neither my husband nor I are the least bit photogenic). She even uploaded a preview of our photos (and then our entire set) within a very short period of time. Kathleen was also so wonderful and flexible when we decided to alter our package just a few days before our wedding, reaffirming our decision to go with ksbphoto. Honestly, everything turned out perfectly! Oh, and our package included DVDs containing our entire wedding day photos, which were perfectly personalized illustrating ksbphoto’s attention to detail. And although you could easily order your own prints through the DVDs, I would highly recommend ordering professional quality prints and canvases through her vendor; the prints we ordered were beautiful and the canvases turned out to be the perfect keepsakes. All in all, if you are looking for flawless, professional photography service and expert results, ksbphoto is it.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Kathleen was extremely quick. She sent us the DVDs from our wedding in about a month after our wedding. My favorite part about Kathleen's services is that you have the rights to your photos after the wedding, so you can share your photos with your family and create anything you would like with your photos using any website or store. It is a true money saver.

Sent on 01/05/2013

Kelsey · Married on 09/03/2011

Kathleen did an absolute amazing job helping make our big day a memorable one. She has such an eye for what she does and captured some of the greatest moments of our wedding. Kathleen has an awesome high energy personality and we felt so comfortable having her around taking our photos! I would highly recommend her for anyone's event photos, or even just a family or individual photo shoot. She does amazing work. We love her!

Sent on 03/20/2013
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/05/2011

Kathleen is a wonderful photographer and is very professional. My wedding photos are so beautiful and I get so many compliments on them. She has a plethora of ideas for different photos. Kathleen was very calm and comforting in what can be a stressful time for a bride.
    I would definitely recommend Kathleen to any future bride!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Rhiannon · Married on 12/19/2009

My husband and I truly appreciated the service we received from KSB photo. We loved the personal detail and attention that the photographer (Kathleen) provided. She was very flexible in terms of scheduling photo-sessions and she was a delight to work with!!! Kathleen was very professional and courteous. We fell in love with our photos and we plan on working with Kathleen in the future for anniversary/children portraits. We have also recommended her to all of our friends and family!!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

We were so incredibly lucky we found Kathleen. She is truly an awesome photographer and a wonderful person. We recently got married in July and Kathleen captured moments and memories I will hold onto for a life time. She is so detailed with her work and you can tell how passionate she is about her work. Your wedding day goes by so fast, yet Kathleen was so organized that she was able to get first look and bridal photos done within an hour and half. I wouldn't have had it any other way and I adore every photo Kathleen took. If it was possible, I would have every one of our wedding photos on display if we had the room! Thank you Kathleen for everything. I highly recommend using Kathleen and I am so happy to be a reference.

Sent on 09/29/2018
    The Ksbphoto 24
    The Ksbphoto 25

1.0
      3.0

KSB photography was recommended to us by our event planner. They were reasonably priced and had good reviews. We had some issues with getting a response back via email from the photographer at times and did not get a photo preview on Facebook as stated in the contract. HOWEVER, our general experience with was overall positive. During the wedding, the photographer worked hard and stayed late to capture everything. She was friendly and professional. We requested a few edits to a couple of the photos, which the photographer happily did for us. We are happy with the photos we received and are excited to receive our prints.

Thank you again for everything and for capturing our special day for us.

Sent on 02/28/2016