The Kensington Hotel On State Street Reviews

The Kensington Hotel On State Street 7
  • Melissa

Melissa Mousel · Getting married on 12/31/2019

The perfect place!

Simply the best! Leah will take care of you, help you laugh, relax and love planning for your day! Can not wait!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Lowest rating
    Maria
    Maria-EDIT5/5
    8 hours ago on Google
    We had our son's wedding here. It was an amazing experience. We recommend this hotel highly if you are planning a wedding. From the beginning until the very end they are with you every step of the way. Helping you with all the details, even the ones you never even thought of. They gave my son and daughter a fairy tale wedding. Many of the guest stayed at the hotel and loved it. The staff was the best, tending to everyone's needs. I can't say enough about the staff and this hotel, they were wonderful. Leah our wedding coordinator even taking care of the bride's dress sewing buttons on her dress to hold up her train. Polite, knowledgeable, definitely going above and beyond to make our experience a memorable one, thank you so much. The Vaughan Family

Sent on 09/10/2018
    The Kensington Hotel On State Street 12
    The Kensington Hotel On State Street 13
    The Kensington Hotel On State Street 14

Lynda · Married on 04/22/2017

Candice did a wonderful job creating my perfect wedding. From initial tour to all communications to the day itself, I felt listened to and she accommodated every request. Having her there to coordinate on the day of the event was really helpful and made me feel at ease. The venue is beautiful, especially after the remodel completed just before my wedding. The food is fantastic!!! Highly, highly recommended.

Sent on 04/29/2017

We loved the lighting and the view. The staff was amazingly nice.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Having the Reception here was one of our better choices for our wedding. We loved everything and thought the whole event was handled very professionally. Thanks everyone for an amazing experience!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Everything there was perfect!!! Loved it

Sent on 11/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 08/22/2015

By far one of my favorite vendors to work with! Candice and staff were so helpful and accommodating throughout the whole planning process. The food was some of the best I have ever had (and we had several guests say the same thing) and their coffee is my absolute favorite coffee in the world (seems like a non important thing in the grand scheme of a wedding, but trust me...their coffee is amazing!). We had our wedding in the ball room and everything was absolutely perfect and beautiful, not to mention the rest of the hotel's decor is also beautiful and fit my Victorian theme perfectly! I would recommend this venue to absolutely everyone! Everything Kensington Court was in charge of for my wedding, went on without any flaws. I trust them 100% that they can pull off anything! Thank you for making our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Megan · Married on 08/01/2015

Candice, the event coordinator is INCREDIBLE!! I couldn't have asked for a more professional and trustworthy venue.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Peggy · Married on 01/03/2015

Kensington Court provided me with such excellent service. The price was very reasonable, the food excellent (couldn't be any better), the venue was absolutely beautiful. They really catered to our needs. We had both our wedding and reception here, and we had guests also stay at the hotel. There were even a few small extras they threw in for us that made this day truly spectacular. Candice did such an excellent job in organizing this for us and reassuring me that all will be perfect. And she was right. She even assisted us in the planning process to make sure our wedding and reception went perfectly. And it did. Thank you Kensington Court for doing such a spectacular job for our wedding. I am telling everyone I know who needs to plan an event to make sure they check out Kensington Court.

Bria · Married on 10/18/2014

Kensington made wedding planning a breeze. Candice was an exceptional venue coordinator and took so much stress off of me, I am forever grateful! Our guests loved the experience of having the ceremony and reception in the same location, and being able to walk to both from their hotel rooms. Our wedding day was wonderful, Kensington made everything so convenient, and so beautiful!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Candice was wonderful to work with! She was very helpful and flexible in working with me from out of state. Food and service were outstanding. I highly recommend this vendor.

Luanne · Married on 08/23/2014

You can use the words from my email. You went above and beyond and never missed a beat from rehearsal and dinner through the wedding day and reception!

Mrs · Married on 11/23/2013

The food was fabulous and they even provided extra too. They went out of their way to help us set up the favors and other decorations - even doing some of the work for us, as we dropped things off a few days before. Everything was on-time and professional.
    We could have not been more pleased!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/27/2013

We had a wonderful experience with Kensington Court for our reception venue. We had our reception in the Grand Ballroom, which looked just lovely for a reception. There are old paintings, old woodwork, and has a very elegant, vintage feeling. The food we chose was delicious and we got many compliments about the whole event. The banquet staff was excellent and very accommodating. The Banquet Manager took care of everything the night of the reception and we had the most wonderful wedding. It was also great that our guests were able to stay at the hotel after the wedding. They also set up for us to hold a small breakfast the next morning for guests that stayed the night. We had a great experience working with Kensington Court.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Allison · Married on 07/31/2010

We used the Grand Ballroom at Kensington Court for our reception. We had close to 300 guests and there was plenty of room for everyone. I knew the first time that I saw the ballroom that it was where I wanted the reception to be held. The staff was amazing, very responsive and flexible. Kelly Knox was able to meet with us whenever we wanted, even if it meant working late. The hall provided all of the table cloths, napkins, place settings, and center pieces. I felt in complete control when decided how I want the hall to look on our wedding night. We didn't have to worry about anything the day/night of the wedding. The hall looked beautiful when guests arrived and the staff took care of everything that night, they even loaded the gifts into my parents' car! We loved Kensington Court!!!

Sent on 11/10/2010

Kensington Court did a great job with my daughter's wedding. Candice was wonderful to work with. The food was excellent.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Suzanne · Married on 05/05/2018

We had an amazing wedding ceremony and reception at The Kensington Hotel. We had a large number of guests staying at the hotel - everything from reservations to check-in to accommodations was handled with care. Everyone we encountered before and on the day of our wedding was courteous and accommodating. We had some last minute changes to the layout and they were addressed promptly. We received tons of compliments on the food. Highly recommend - they were the best.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Andrea · Married on 04/18/2015

Kensington Court was a beautiful wedding location. All of our guests raved about what a wonderful time they had. Candice did a wonderful job coordinating all of the details and the entire night. This is a perfect location if you want your ceremony and reception all in one place.

Sent on 05/08/2015

Nancy · Married on 04/05/2014

The ballroom/foyer/ cocktail area was an amazing place for our daughter Katie and her husband Ian to have their wedding. The wedding planner Candice really was so helpful and attentive with all the details. Our guests loved the delicious prime rib, and the late night hot dog station. Everything was done to the specifications we had discussed and planned for.I am so happy with the wedding reception and Kensington Court Hotel helped us give Katie and Ian their fairy tale wedding reception.

Sent on 04/07/2014
  • emilyandryanswedding

Emily · Married on 10/03/2009

We have had an amazing experience working with Kensington Court Hotel. We booked with the hotel for both the ceremony and reception. Not only is their wedding package VERY reasonably priced, but the staff go over and above what was stipulated in the contract. Most notably on our wedding day we asked them for some assistance and accessories to compliment our decor and they obliged us instantly. I noiced many other details our wedding coordinator arranged without us even requesting them. To say the least, the service was top notch on many levels. I can honestly say I had a very relaxed and stress-free wedding day thanks to the attentive and skilled staff. The only areas of improvement had to do with responding to our emails a little more quickly (though we sent many at the very peak of wedding season) and there was a slight miscommunication between ourselves and the service staff about the reception schedule which might have been handled with a little more professionalism. Overall, I would highly recommend this venue to future brides and grooms. It was a pleasure sharing our wedding celebration with them.

Sent on 10/05/2009

Katelyn · Married on 05/14/2016

3.0

I enjoyed working with Kensington Court Hotel for my reception. The venue was beautiful and the food was absolutely amazing! I enjoyed working with Candice, their event coordinator. She was very helpful along the way. She helped accommodate several special requests that I had along the way. In the early planning stages there were times where her responses were slow. As it got closer to the event her response time became more immediate

Sent on 08/17/2016

Shannon · Married on 05/28/2011

We enjoyed our experience with Kensington, but it became very full since they had multiple wedding and receptions on the same day as ours.

Sent on 01/22/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2007

Very nice to work with. Very professional. Whatever I wanted they did for me. Including setting up the whole room, placing all my flower petals, and wedding favors. I LOVED them.

Sent on 03/20/2008

Paige · Married on 06/09/2012

4.2
      3.0

Overall it was amazing. A few negative comments though..
    1. The colored sashes were never written down or ordered, so we had white chair covers with no sashes.
    2. Kelly was great, just seemed really unorganized. (Our contract was originally sent to us with half of someone else's wedding details)
    3. We were supposed to have drinks & appetizers in the bridal salon during the cocktail hour and instead our bridal party was fetching drinks for us.
    4. The lady at the front desk in the evening was so rude to us it blew my mind. She was short, annoyed, and just plain rude to us. My cake lady dropped off a bottle of wine & a cake for us to eat and they actually made us carry it all down to our room instead of having it chilled on ice for us when the reception finished.
    5. The pizza we ordered for ourselves, for after the reception was stone cold when we arrive to our room at midnight.

Sent on 06/18/2012