The Kaaterskill Reviews

The Kaaterskill 6
The Kaaterskill 7

Hannah · Married on 08/25/2018

Make it your own

After looking around venues in the Hudson area, we really fell in love with The Kaaterskill. Tucked away and in a secluded space - the venue truly felt like it was our own for our entire wedding weekend. We wanted the centerpiece of our wedding decor to be the nature - and the Catskills in the background and the beautiful grounds of the venue was a perfect fit for what we envisioned. Working with the owner, coordinator, and grounds keeper was seamless and easy. They were very flexible with our stay and our planning. If you want an easy going, DIY, make it your own type of wedding - I would highly recommend this venue. You do have to source and bring in most of the components so if you are looking for a one-stop-shop this isn't the place for you. We loved renting the space for an entire weekend, having our close family and friends stay on the grounds with us, and really enjoying our wedding into the late night. Thank you again to Julieta and Alex for helping us with our day!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Bona Suh · Married on 05/26/2018

Beautiful unique venue

The Kaaterskill is a beautiful venue where you can let your creativity run free. If you are looking for a venue where you can truly make your wedding unique and meaningful, this is the venue for you. Not only is the scenery stunning, but they are an animal sanctuary as well!

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • F

Fallon · Married on 10/22/2016

When we stumbled upon The Kaaterskill during a July 4th trip to the Catskills, it exceeded expectations. I love this venue because not too many people have heard of it (coming from NYC, many wedding guests have been to most "INCREDIBLE" venues within the tri-state area). It's a MAGICAL, I repeat MAGICAL venue. We fell in love the moment we drove into the long drive way, to meeting the rescue farm animals, to setting eyes on the adorable pond house, to touring the entire property and seeing the main house, etc. Treat it like a big property you can rent to make your dream wedding come true if it fits your atheistic (and you have a vision). I can't wait to have a 10 year wedding anniversary party at The Kaaterskill, can't come soon enough. The Kaaterskill's ability to host as many guests as we needed and work with us for an indoor/outdoor wedding was perfection. You definitely need a rain plan and be able to work with various vendors in order to execute the big day. It seems overwhelming but it's not. The team is extremely helpful in making suggestions to make your event a huge success.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Megan · Married on 06/18/2016

This June 2016 my husband and I rented The Kaaterskill for our wedding weekend--we hosted a welcome dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday at the farm. The Kaaterskill was responsive throughout the entire planning process and the on-site staff were wonderful at helping out with everything the whole weekend. I honestly find it hard to put into words how amazing this place is and how lucky we are to have had our wedding here! It is a place that brings magic through the gorgeous inn, barn, pond house, and property but also through the nature that surrounds it. The venue was more than could have ever dreamed, and all our guests are still raving about how unique and beautiful our wedding was! The owner Belkis has decorated the inn incredibly, with unique art from all over the world, so its really something special. Our wedding party stayed at the inn and farmhouse which was PERFECT for us all, with all the rooms being unique and different. There were so many additional rooms to hang out in with our friends and family, as well as to get ready for the big day. We are forever grateful to The Kaaterskill for a wonderful wedding and for their beautiful property! We plan to come back to stay at the inn again, especially on our anniversary!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Brittny · Married on 09/05/2015

The Kaaterskill is an amazing property with multiple areas to utilize for the wedding weekend festivities, including an inn for the wedding party to stay at. Kate Arel was our venue coordinator, and truthfully, she's nothing short of a dream to work with. Myself and my team of wedding pros absolutely loved her -- she was extraordinarily responsive and helpful, she guided us in finding local resources when requested, she gave us very little restrictions when it came to executing our creative ideas (in fact, she welcomed them!), she was there personally for our multiple venue visits and the entire wedding weekend, she coordinated with my planner and design team in perfect harmony ... the list goes on. While the venue is fantastic on its own, she's truly brought out the best in it. As someone who works in the wedding industry, it's very rare to come across a venue coordinator who cares about the couples as much as Kate does, and I know our wedding weekend wouldn't have been as successful as it was without her.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Suzanna · Married on 08/15/2015

The Kaaterskill as a venue is amazing and Kate Arel made it perfect. She is together, responsive, has your back and gets things magically done quickly and efficiently. We had a crazy rainstorm the day of our wedding and she took control and made it all perfect regardless of the storm. We loved everything about our experience at The Kaaterskill and with Kate.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Claire · Married on 06/28/2015

This is a beautiful place to get married. We have no regrets. We appreciated the flexibility of The Kaaterskill compared to other venues. All of our wedding party stayed on the property. Kate was great to work with. There are so many great locations for photos on the property. The lodge is perfect for the wedding afterparty. Our guests loved getting to see the animals. If you are on a budget, you'll need to plan for your rental costs and who will do set up and clean up of your rentals. We were lucky to have a lot of help from friends and family!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Alex · Married on 06/20/2015

Beautiful venue to create anything you want. Super flexible to do what you want. The staff lead by Kate is very helpful in anything you need and couldn't have been more friendly.

Sent on 08/04/2015

We had our wedding at the Kaaterskill, a place we have been visiting for years. It was a wonderful experience and all of our friends and family fell in love with the place -- just as we had when we first starting visiting it years ago. The property is beautiful and the staff was great to work with.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

When Olivia and I pulled into this venue for the first time we knew it was the place we would be getting married. The setting was beautiful, the Catskill mountains as our backdrop and the gorgeous barn and inn. The animals, and perfectly well kept grounds. The exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable staff (Kate Arel the venue coordinator and also our day of wedding coordinator is phenomenal!). It's everything we wanted and more. Our families, our friends, and of course us never had a drop of worry at our weekend wedding. Everything was taken care of. It felt like I was in my back yard having our wedding. It was comfortable, warm, and like I was on my family farm. (I don't have a family farm, but if I did this is what I would dream it to be.) If you don't choose this place as your wedding venue you are seriously missing out. You can't get a better place than The Kaaterskill. You just can't.

Sent on 12/04/2014

The Kaaterskill is an amazing venue and Kate was/is THE BEST. The space itself beautiful beyond description (picturesque barn, mountains in the background, shimmering pond, adorable animals) and the accommodations on the property are top-notch. This venue is perfect for anyone going for that rustic vibe but still wants to have a lot of comforts :) As the venue coordinator, Kate was incredibly knowledgeable about the area (which was helpful since we don't live nearby) and gave a lot of advice and recommendations, all of which ended up working great for us. We have absolutely no regrets about this place and I've already recommended it to others. WE LOVE THE KAATERSKILL!!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

I could not have wished for a better venue to have our wedding. It was sincerely the best day of our lives, up to this point, and SO MUCH of that had to do with The Kaaterskill. It is one of the most peaceful and relaxing places I've ever been. The inn is homey, charming, classy and full of incredible antiques and awesome kitsch. I think one of the best things for us was that we had several days at the venue leading up to our wedding, and a couple of nights after our wedding up there as well. If you can do this, I would highly suggest it! It made the whole experience so much more full. The staff at The Kaaterskill make you feel like family, and you have so much freedom on the grounds.

Sent on 09/15/2014

We had an amazing time at the Kaaterskill. Our guests loved staying in the Inn over the weekend, and the wedding was beautiful. Kate Arel was incredibly helpful as our coordinator, and helped the evening run seamlessly. She was also very responsive to any questions/issues leading up to the event.

Sent on 10/11/2014
  • F

Fiona · Married on 08/02/2014

The Kaaterskill was my dream wedding venue, and after my wedding I can safely say it was all I wished for and more!

The grounds are gorgeous and are totally yours for the entire weekend. Kate at The Kaaterskill was incredibly helpful in answering all of our questions and making sure our day went smoothly.

We had our rehearsal dinner outside on Friday, our wedding on Saturday, and a post-wedding brunch on Sunday. I highly recommend the lighting option as the vintage chandeliers complimented the barn wonderfully. We also had a bonfire post-wedding which was magical.

Our entire wedding party stayed at the inn which was also fun, like a giant slumber party. While this venue does require you bring everything in yourself (event rentals, catering, etc.), most of the vendors in the area have worked there before and are very familiar.

Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/20/2014

The Kaaterskill was the only venue we looked at. I knew as we drove up the drive that it was the absolute perfect spot for all of our events. We initially didn't get our 1st choice date, but when a couple pulled out, the Kaaterskill graciously offered to switch our weekends. It was a bargain considering all the events we had over the weekend: rehearsal, rehearsal dinner for 125, variety show in the barn on Friday night, family fun play day on the grounds Saturday, wedding for 150, huge dinner, killer dance party, late-night campfire and then a Sunday brunch for 125. We packed it all in and the property was big and varied enough that each event felt like it was taking place at a different location. Having our entire wedding party staying at the Inn helped enormously, both emotionally and practically---free on-site labor! My husband and I took a private yoga class in our room Saturday morning, which the venue had arranged for us. Perfect way to start the day. We also got crazy lucky, because the weather that weekend was ludicrously perfect the entire time. Kate and the entire team at the Kaaterskill were amazing and just so professional. We were so well taken care of. Can't recommend this place enough!

Sent on 09/22/2014
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 05/10/2014

Words cannot express how amazing this venue and the people who run it are. We chose the Kaaterskill because we wanted to have a wedding weekend but not have everyone travel so far. We and most of our guests are from NYC so spending a weekend at the Kaaterskill felt like an escape. The grounds are stunning and made my photos look amazing! We went hiking around the property and even set up a bon-fire. The ceremony was outside, the cocktail hour was in the pond house, and the reception was in the barn. It rained on and off most of the day, but we discussed a rain plan months before so I wasn't worried.

The inn is beautifully decorated and fitted all of my wedding party.

I feel very fortunate for Kate and her team. Every element was of that day was perfect all because of their hard work. When you are a bride, there is so much to think about and so much to do. Kate answered all my questions and was very good at communicating so I felt at ease and taken care of the entire weekend.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Jimm · Married on 11/03/2013

This farm is beautiful. My wife and I have visited here and liked it so much we decided to get married there too. It's a bit hidden but I think that's what we liked about it. A good place to get away from the city.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Samantha · Married on 09/14/2013

Rented venue for the entire wedding weekend. The Inn, Barn, & rest of the grounds were all cleaned and in perfect condition when we arrived Friday morning. The coordinator at the time was great in assisting with any last minute needs we had. The option to rent out the Inn was also great, to have the entire wedding party stay on the grounds helped with day before preparations & a smooth wedding day. Held a small rehearsal dinner in the Inn, my family loved exploring the inn and the unique decor. There is also adequate space on the ground floor of the inn to store things for your wedding and complete any DIY tasks in which I had A LOT. With the exception of a small hiccup with shuttle buses, my wedding day was perfect and more than I could have ever hoped for. Even a year later all my family and friends still talk about how much fun they had at the wedding & so much of it had to do with the Kaaterskill with their beautiful grounds & ability to call the place your own for the whole weekend.

Sent on 09/24/2014

We wanted an elegant, warm and relaxed country atmosphere for our 100 person wedding. The Kaaterskill had accommodations for our wedding party, a finished barn with restrooms, acres of green grass, trees, and meadows for ceremony options, and the wonderful Kimberlea Kressal-Jaffe to coordinate our wedding needs.

Emails and calls were answered within 24 hours without exception. Our caterer, officiant, and photographer were all referrals by Kimberlea and we could not have been happier. The deposit was returned within 10 days after the wedding. Contracts and fees were 100% reasonable and within our budget. Compared to other "rustic barn" venues in the Hudson Valley area, the Kaaterskill outshone them not only in amenities and aesthetic, but also value. A huge plus was that the barn itself had restrooms. Other venues required port-a-johns, not exactly what I envisioned at my wedding.

The weather happened to be perfect (if humid) that day, so we had our ceremony in a meadow then to the barn for dinner and dancing. We originally planned for rain and the barn is spacious enough for a 200 person event should it have rained.

After the ceremony, the barn happily held our 100 guests and throughout the evening they danced, ate, and discovered the farm surroundings at their leisure. Not everyone wants to dance the night away; guests had the choice to stroll, enjoy the outdoors, and relax without feeling excluded from a party just because they don't dance or drink!

The Kaaterskill Inn is an optional add-on to renting the barn venue and I HIGHLY recommend this for the additional cost. Having the wedding party immediately on-site for rehearsals and set up and so forth was incredibly helpful.

The rooms themselves are spotless. Bathrooms are pristine, furnishings are tasteful and fun and the kitchen and common areas were amazing and comfy. Only downside is no cell service! Be warned!!!

I would have my wedding all over again at the Kaaterskill! A+++++

Sent on 09/17/2012

Alex · Married on 05/16/2015

We love love loved the Kaaterskill. It is a beautiful location and the sky is the limit in terms of what you can do. I have dinged it ever so slightly on quality of service because the guests staying at the Inn had problems with showering day of the wedding (no hot water!) which was a serious frustration. That said, the Kaaterskill is rustic, and we did not expect it to have hotel style service since it is a B+B. Our wedding was magical and many guests remarked on the beauty of the place, and how smoothly things appeared to run- no small feat for a wedding of 240!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Rose · Getting married on 09/22/2019

A magical wedding experience

The Kaaterskill is a perfect place to plan a DIY wedding. They suggested vendors that turned out to be wonderful. The on-the-ground team exceeded our highest expectations. The beautiful setting is beyond compare.

Sent on 09/12/2019
    The Kaaterskill 12
    The Kaaterskill 13
    The Kaaterskill 14
    The Kaaterskill 15
    The Kaaterskill 16

Andrea · Married on 06/24/2017

We recently got married at the Kaaterskill and it was a truly wonderful experience. The staff was accommodating, flexible, and kind, and helped us to both truly enjoy our wedding weekend. The property, itself, is stunning and picturesque, and the wedding package which gave us access to the property for the full weekend is a really great idea because it allowed us flexibility that you can't find anywhere else. Our ceremony was originally supposed to take place on one area of the property but because of weather, it had to be moved at the last minute. These types of last minute changes would not be possible at other venues, and allows for a more seamless, creative, and enjoyable time for all. Our guests had a blast wandering the property and hanging out with the animals throughout the weekend, and we were able to stay up late into the night with the bonfires going, undisturbed. The accommodations are also beautifully and uniquely decorated and well-kept, which served as a great backdrop for photos, and made us feel very comfortable and pampered on our special weekend. It was the most perfect place we could have imagined getting married.

Sent on 07/12/2017

jessica · Married on 09/04/2016

Wow. What can I say. The Kaaterskill was everything we were looking for when thinking of how and where we wanted our wedding. It was so gorgeous and peaceful and you can have the entire property all weekend! We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception and day-after brunch all on site. Our bridal party and immediate family were able to stay on site and our pictures are AWESOME. There was a magical energy in the air all weekend.
    On the flip side, you do need to be ready to tap into your creative side because when you sign on for this farm, you are signing on for a blank canvas essentially - you bring your own personality (which means everything from furniture to all decor!) It really all adds up so my advice to you, if you choose to go with this venue (which I do recommend with my whole heart - our wedding was spectacular), find a caterer who had their own furniture. If you find one that does, then you'll be all set! All you need to do now is go visit this wondrous magical incredible farm!!! :)

Sent on 09/13/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

The Kaaterskill is an absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding.

My husband and I wanted an outdoor wedding with a barn reception and on-site accommodations and this place delivered. We rented the whole site from Friday-Sunday and held all our wedding events there, including the rehearsal dinner, a welcome cocktail party, the wedding and reception and a send off brunch. The grounds and views are beautiful, the barn was spacious and well-outfitted with interior bathrooms and electricity, and the inn is eclectic, fun and very comfortable.
    In addition to the breath-taking view, the venue coordinator, Kate Arel of A Charmed Affair (she also runs her own independent event coordination service) was a JOY to work with. She is a total dream and helped us with anything and everything we needed. She did an excellent job of helping us think through, schedule and coordinate anything we needed for the venue - she's so chill, she's honestly half the reason we went with this venue because she made us feel so at ease and that we were in very capable hands with the big day.

Be warned: to rent the venue and inn for the weekend itself is pricey but hosting all the other events there made everything even out in the end. The natural beauty of the place also means you can go light on the decorations and/or flowers if you want. You are also just renting the grounds and barn (with basic lighting included) so all rentals (chairs, tables, chandeliers, props, etc) have to be brought in. They have a few tables/items they were willing to move around for us but you will want to plan accordingly.

Sent on 04/13/2016