The Inn at Stonecliffe Reviews

11 | Mackinac Island, MI

11 Reviews for The Inn at Stonecliffe

Julie · Married on 08/08/2015

Staff was wonderful to work with and so friendly. All of our guests felt welcome. Absolutely beautiful setting with a breathtaking view of the bridge!

Sent on 09/01/2015
  • Brenda

Brenda · Married on 08/09/2014

Becky and every one at The Inn at Stonecliffe were wonderful to work with and made every effort to make our special day as perfect as possible. Our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful the mansion and grounds are and how amazing the wedding was.

Sent on 08/25/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2014

This is a beautiful place to get married and stay. The views are amazing and it is so peaceful.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/07/2013

Planning a destination is hard, let alone planning one on an island that doesn't have cars! The staff at the Inn made planning our wedding a breeze. Becky was quick to respond to any and all of my emails (even during the winter while the Inn was closed for the season) and was incredibly accommodating to special requests (ie extending our cocktail hour, providing top shelf liquor for our guests and working with us to create a signature cocktail).The food was superb, and the atmosphere was gorgeous. The Inn is a bit off the beaten path but the trip up is so worth it. It's away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, quiet and serene. Our guests were blown away by the whole experience and many said it was the best wedding they've ever attended. The only thing my husband and I regret is that the day ended. I would highly recommend the Inn at Stonecliffe to anyone considering a wedding in northern Michigan.

Sent on 08/18/2015

shannon · Married on 07/06/2013

working with Becky Miller and the team at the Inn was a pleasure. Becky was extremely responsive and helpful during the planning and was always available. When our guests started arriving at the Inn the staff was exceptional from the front desk manager to my housekeeper. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding on Mackinac Island!

Sent on 07/11/2013

K · Married on 10/23/2010

The Inn at Stonecliffe was a fabulous place for our wedding. We had about 120 guests and everyone raved about the ceremony and reception as being truly unique. It is far from downtown and I would let your guests know to plan for a lot of extra time to get there. It is however, worth the distance.

Sent on 02/03/2011

Emily · Married on 06/01/2009

The Inn at Stonecliffe is a beautiful property and has a lot more to offer than most venues: an old apple orchard, a grotto featuring a moss covered cherub fountain/pond, gorgeous view of the Mackinaw Bridge, and the grounds are kept pristine. I cannot say enough about the property and words just do not do justice for all of the views the property has to offer. If you are looking for something off the beaten path away from the tourist traps and overly crowded downtown Mackinac Island, then this is the place for you.

The employees are very professional and go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with your stay.

I would highly recommend the Inn at Stonecliffe for anyone looking for a great place to get away from it all and only a 10 min bike ride from downtown Mackinac Island. If you stay there make sure you see the Woodland Grotto and the Sunset Rock Lookout. One last thing, I highly recommend the Mahi Mahi sandwich and the Carrot cake.

Sent on 06/05/2009

April · Married on 06/10/2006

The Inn at Stonecliffe couldn't be more beautiful; the building itself is gorgeous, there's a lovely view of the water, and the grotto is perfect for ceremonies. The staff, Michelle the wedding coordinator in particular, were extremely accommodating. They allowed me the use of one of their guest rooms for the day of the wedding, to have lunch and get dressed in. This made for a very relaxing afternoon before the ceremony. Michelle took charge and made sure everyone was in their places on time. She also kept our dresses in her office the night before and made sure they were in the room by the time we got there. I only wish they would have scheduled the next wedding a little later than ours so we could have spent a little more time taking pictures and visiting with our guests. The service and the views are well worth the distance from the docks.

Sent on 08/22/2007
  • strauberry

Heather · Married on 09/05/2009

4.2

My only complaint was that my wedding coordinator was let go 2 weeks before my wedding, no one contacted me to let me know about the change. Then when I called to confirm everything before our arrival I was not impressed with the new coordinator. She did not have the enthusiasm of the original. As well as the day of she refused to physically walk over an extention cord that was needed. Instead we had to wait for the porter who was busy renting bicycles....sounds like such a small thing, but on top of a beinging rushed, it all matters.

Sent on 11/15/2010

Amy · Married on 07/26/2015

2.8
      1.5
      2.0

Very extremely disappointed! The venue itself was gorgeous, however the employees were the reason for such a sour night. The bartender cut off my brother-in-law, his girlfriend AND my mother-in-law. Of course my guests were complaining to me about this, & when I asked to speak to a manager to see just what the issue was, he claimed that they have to do this because it was the law. I can completely understand cutting someone off if they are completely trashed, however none of my guests were! When I asked why my mother-in-law was cut off he lied & told me that she wasn't. The alcoholic drinks were extremely watered down, my husband had 3 jack & cokes and felt absolutely nothing. I also had people complaining that they were pouring little to none alcohol in their drinks. It doesn't stop there either. They served appetizers & alcohol to hotel guests who were NOT guests of our wedding! My mother-in-law and father-in-law asked for another piece of cake and the servers told them that there was no more cake. We (bride & groom) left that night with the WHOLE sheet cake from the kitchen PLUS our top layer, which we didn't plan on keeping. Why were they turned down an extra piece of cake? There wasn't toilet paper in the bathroom for at least over an hour, one of my guests was passing out tissues to other guests before they used the bathroom! At the end of the night my guests had to wait until 1AM to get a taxi back to their hotels. Mind you our reception ended at 10 so they had to wait 3 hours for one. All of my guests did their part & called a taxi ahead of time & still ended up waiting. A employee came to my husband & I at the end of the night & asked how our time was, when I explained what happened he said "I'm sorry, do you have the information for this person?" They blamed one of my guests for taking another guests luggage earlier that evening & of course they didn't. You can't re-do your wedding day so choose wisely. Due to the service we received would not recommend.

Sent on 08/03/2015