The Inn at Erlowest Reviews

The Inn at Erlowest 7
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 11/04/2018

Exceeds Expectations

Everyone at the Erlowest was amazing! They pay such attention to detail. The food, the venue, setting up decorations for the ceremony, cocktail hour, they have the perfect Autumn foliage and amazing views of the lake for outstanding wedding pictures. Every employee knew our names, waiters and waitresses knew who was seated at their table and greeted each guest by name! They make your experience their number one priority. Each guest is well taken care of and they bring the extra food from your cocktail hour/reception to your room after the wedding. We had enough to last the next two days we stayed there!

Alexis is outstanding. She knows what she’s doing and is super thorough. She even met with me in person many times leading up to the big day, helped arrange items to fit our budget and kept everyone on track/schedule the day of... all with a smile! She does not pressure you to make any decisions and truly wants each bride to feel their day is unique and special. I legit cried the next day when thanking her and the staff. They were amazing.

I would suggest booking your room at the Erlowest the night before your wedding AND the night of. The only trouble we had is the bride from the night before checked out of her room late, making us fall a little behind.

• Cheree

Cheree · Married on 10/18/2018

Would do it all again.

They did an amazing job with our small wedding, the staff were very professional, very accommodating and amazing. They definitely know what there doing. They have amazing eye to detail and Julianna was amazing. I wouldn’t change anything about it. It’s a beautiful place. I can not wait to go back for Valentine’s Day and for our anniversary. I couldn’t recommend this place enough. That are very busy when it comes to weddings but they make you feel like yours is the only one. They have multiple spots to have your ceremony and a big ball room, but since we had a small wedding we were in the inns main dinning room and it was just as special.

The Inn at Erlowest 8
    The Inn at Erlowest 16
    The Inn at Erlowest 17
  • danielle

danielle · Married on 09/23/2018

If I were to do my entire wedding reception over again, there is nothing I would change, and that is thanks, largely, to the wonderful staff at the gorgeous Inn at Erlowest. Alexis and Laurie and everyone at the Erlowest are absolute wedding pros, super responsive, and fully committed to every single event they pull off (and there are a TON, but they make you feel like yours is the only one.) The food is delicious, the scenery is superb, the drinks are amazing - it's an amazing venue and completely worth it in every way. We look forward to returning for weekend getaways in the future!

Meghan · Married on 06/16/2018

I cannot recommend the Erlowest enough to anyone looking to have an amazing wedding experience. The venue itself is gorgeous, the food was amazing but Alexis and her staff are really the reason our day was so perfect. Looking back I have over 100 emails with Alexis throughout the planning process, each one prompt, polite and professional. Although this venue does multiple weddings a weekend you would never know it from the time and attention you receive from Alexis and her staff. My husband said it best "Alexis is REALLY GOOD at her job". Our guests couldn't believe the views from the Castle and how convenient it was to have everything in one location for the whole weekend. We would recommend the Erlowest to anyone looking for a memorable wedding experience for yourself and for your guests.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 06/02/2018

We could not have chosen a more perfect venue. I could go on and on about how beautiful the Inn is but what really makes this place stand apart is the staff. Starting with Alexis and the rest of the events team - she really makes the bride and groom feel special. The Inn does multiple weddings most weekends of the summer so having a coordinator that makes you feel like an individual is so important. She was so helpful - coordinating with our other vendors, helping us plan the day, meeting with us through out different stages of the process, and checking in not he day of from the moment my bridal party and I arrived on sight, to bustling my dress at the reception, and checking in at different times of the night.

It's also the little things that the Inn thinks of that really put it over the top for my husband and I. They made the night so personalized with lots of options for table cloths and room set up that were included in the price. We wanted some add ons and the Inn helped find vendors for those as well. They even gave my husband and I a plate of cocktail hour appetizers we didn't get a chance to try during dinner. When we arrived at our complementary wedding suite at the end of the night we found plates with bites of all the food from the night and a piece of wedding cake for us to enjoy (understanding it's hard to get a chance to eat during the day of).

We had the time of our lives. Our guests LOVED the evening and couldn't stop raving about the services. It was perfect. Thank you team!

• shaylyn

shaylyn · Married on 01/20/2018

Thank you to the Inn at Erlowest for hosting the Star Wars Wedding of our dreams! We had our wedding on 1/20/18 in gorgeous 45 degree weather with the breathtaking mountains behind the Erlowest as our backdrop. From start to finish, I worked with Juliana as my wedding planner at the Erlowest and was 100% pleased with how everything turned out!

Communication - Juliana, my coordinator, was always responsive and available when I contacted her. We had long email chains throughout the months that allowed us to cover all planning topics and Juliana was always on-top of things. She was great with reminding me about deadlines and paperwork that needed to be done. I did not hire and outside planner and myself and Juliana were able to plan my themed wedding without any trouble.

Venue - The venue is absolutely stunning and looks and feels like you are in a castle. We are very happy that we booked all 10 rooms for the wedding party/family both Friday and Saturday. It felt like a getaway to a gorgeous castle and each room is unique and lovely to stay in. I received many compliments on the rooms and the venue itself. I stayed in the Schuyler suite as my bridal suite and it was the perfect size. I loved going back upstairs at night and taking a nice long bath in the jacuzzi tub with my new husband. The reception hall is equally beautiful with plenty of room for my 155 guests. We chose the tuscan-style bridal table so that we sat with the bridal party and not by ourselves. This made the room even more special as we were able to be surrounded by our friends and family. The dance floor was a perfect size as well with plenty of room if you have a big wedding. We also had room in the back for a photo booth which was a big hit. Even though it was winter, we had multiple heat lamps and fire tables outside so people could enjoyed the reception hall as well as the outdoor patio. Everyone loved the venue and I couldn't have found a better place.

The Inn at Erlowest 18
    The Inn at Erlowest 24
    The Inn at Erlowest 25
    The Inn at Erlowest 26

Liana · Married on 09/03/2017

I don’t think there are words to express how grateful we are to Alexis, Juliana, Chris and the staff at the Erlowest for making our wedding as special as it was. The venue itself is magical - the views stunning, the ballroom perfect. The FOOD! Oh my goodness, the food. Hands down the BEST wedding food we’ve ever had - it came out hot and so incredibly delicious. We continue to get rave reviews from our guests. The service was wonderful.

The fact that the Inn works so closely with SunCastle Resorts creates a unique situation for accommodations. Nobody has to leave the premises, which welcomes an interconnected party atmosphere (in our case) for the entire weekend. We loved having everybody so close, enjoying time with our family and friends for several days. In addition, the rooms at the Inn are clean, comfortable and one-of-a-kind. The Montcalm Suite was simply perfect for us the night of our wedding.

Throughout the planning process, Alexis was a calming influence, organized and helpful. That warm professionalism proved to stand up in the face of adversity, when our ceremony site had to be changed from the Pointe to the courtyard (because of Hurricane Harvey). It was a move I initially was pretty bummed about, but honestly worked out better than we could have imagined. The space was intimate and lovely, creating an emotional atmosphere that resonated with everybody. We partly booked the Inn because of how good “Plan B” could be, and I’m so thankful we did.

We will be coming back for sure to relive our special day!

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2017

You're going to feel like the king and queen when you get married here! The food was AMAZING! Everyone talked about it. The location was beautiful and we stayed right on site. The coordinator was on point with all of our ideas and she was excited to make everything perfect for us. We had our own waitress too so we were able to eat and mingle quickly. I cannot say enough good things about this place!

Greg · Married on 07/22/2017

The beauty of this location speaks for itself it was perfect. Because of how gorgeous the inn is you don't need to spend anything on decorations. We got so many compliments on the beauty of the inn. The food was fantastic! When did our initial tasting it was so difficult to decide what to have. They were also very accommodating to several of our guest that had unique food allergies. Juliana and Alexis are fantastic as well as the whole staff you can tell they really love their job and are great at it. I can’t think of one bad thing to say about the inn. We will return for weekends in the future.

chere · Married on 07/15/2017

We got married at the erlowest a couple weeks ago and all i can say is wow! The entire staff the day of the wedding was outstanding! Leading up to our wedding I worked with Alexis, and Juliana and they were both incredible. They always had answers to all of my questions, they are so detailed oriented, and they were so good about making sure everything was set before the day of the wedding! As for the wedding day, My girls and I got ready on property in the sitting area on the second floor, Juliana made sure to check in on me every hour to make sure all was going well and to reassure me everything was going well while setting up decor. Once it came time for the ceremony to start they new exactly what they were doing and kept everything calm while bringing everyone down to the ceremony location (north pointe). Alexis and Juliana were both there for ceremony and made sure to be in contact with my DJ so that they sent everyone out on the correct cue. I could not thank them enough for being there and being so assertive. The ceremony location was decorated so beautifully and was exactly the vision i had. It was the most beautiful ceremony location and exactly what i had dreamed about. Even when we had a little weather scare only 2 hours before the ceremony, Juliana was still willing to let me keep the ceremony location by the water and was willing to change it last minute (in case it rained) to make sure that i was able to have ceremony by the water like we had wanted, and Im so glad she was willing to let me chance it because the weather turned out to be perfect! The reception in the ball room could not of been any better. It had totally exceeded my expectations and i could not thank the entire staff enough for decorating it so beautifully and making my dream and vision come true! Everyone was so accommodating to us and made the entire day run smoothly. I had no reason to stress the day of because of the wonderful staff the erlowest has. We can't thank you guys enough!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2017

This was a magical venue and I couldn't be happier with the atmosphere or the amazing food! The staff makes everything effortless!

Marisa · Married on 10/07/2016

I grew up outside of Albany and going up to Lake George in the summer. As soon as my fiance and I pulled into the parking lot of the Erlowest, we knew it was where we wanted to hold our reception. The venue is breathtaking and the staff could not be more accommodating. After my wedding, I was looking for an email with the on-site coordinator, Alexis, and it showed we emailed more than 300 times in one year. I could not have planned the wedding of my dreams without Alexis. She is so organized and will have an answer for everything you throw at her. She honestly took the stress out of my wedding day, so I could just concentrate on having fun! We did get a gorgeous fall day for our wedding, so we were able to take the Miss Erlowest out for a spin on Lake George, which was one of the most memorable experiences of the day (if you're looking at the Erlowest, make sure you ask about it!!). Our entire bridal party fit on the boat and with the picturesque backdrop, it was truly magical. I haven't seen the photos yet, but I'm sure they will be amazing.

The food was delicious - we had so many people stop and tell us it was the best meal they had at a wedding. Even the menu tasting was mouthwatering - we had a hard time narrowing down the options everything was so good! And all the servers were so nice and professional.

One note for potential brides and grooms - if you book at the Erlowest, I recommend you use most if not all of their preferred vendors. We did and I have to say, working with vendors who know the location and Alexis made it so much more streamlined. The preferred vendors are also the best in the area, so you know you're getting the A team all around.

There are a lot of places to consider in Lake George, but in my opinion, nothing compares to the Erlowest. It's private, meticulously maintained and has gorgeous views. I highly, highly recommend you check it out!

Johnna · Married on 10/01/2016

Wow!!!! The Erlowest and Chef Adam Padilla knocked it out of the park for my daughter's October 1st wedding. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. I don't even know where to begin with my thoughts on Alexis; she was amazing to work with and more than accommodating. She is articulate, knowledgable, patient and just so adorable!!! It took 18 months of planning as there were many details and moving parts....to the first time ever constructed clear tent at The Point, the Grand Cocktail hour that consisted of almost everything on their menu, antique furniture, barrel bars and a lounge flip, an after party until 1am with late night food and a farewell breakfast back at The Point tent.; It all went off without a hitch! My only suggestion is that you rent all 10 Inn rooms and EVERY unit on the Sun Castle grounds as there will be complaints made for any late night noise. I missed 2 units and, unfortunately, we did disturb those staying in them.

Tara · Married on 08/27/2016

In August 2016, my husband and I got married at the Inn at Erlowest.  From the moment we met Alexis Wallace during our initial tour of the venue, we felt so comfortable and at ease throughout the process.  We cannot say enough about how professional, kind, patient, and understanding Alexis was throughout the process.  Alexis promptly addressed all our needs and any questions and concerns we had with such warmth and sincerity.  On the day of our wedding, everything was truly perfect.  The staff was so attentive to us and our guests' every need.  The food was incredible, the views were breathtaking, and we could not have asked for anything more.  We highly recommend the Inn at Erlowest, not only for weddings, but also for a getaway weekend as the rooms and grounds are truly beautiful.  To this day, we are so grateful to Alexis and the entire staff at the Inn at Erlowest.  We appreciate all their hard work and dedication so much - it did not go unnoticed!  We could not be happier!

Alyssa · Married on 06/18/2016

I've known I wanted to get married in Lake George since I was a little girl and the Inn at Erlowest turned out to be the perfect choice for our venue! Alexis Wallace is so knowledgeable, creative, kind and accommodating! She listened to all of our ideas (including moving the dance floor outside on the veranda) and made them a reality. She and her staff were always there to help us with WHATEVER we needed. Alexis even got down on her hands and knees to help my sister with the very complicated bustle on my dress.

The Inn itself is gorgeous, the suites are so elegant and romantic, the food is delicious and you can't beat the views of the lake!

We had over 250 guests and so many of them told us ours was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Thank you, Alexis & all of the staff at the Inn at Erlowest!

• Alexa

Alexa · Married on 06/04/2016

The Inn at Erlowest helped create our dream wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, fun, classy, attentive venue. Everything from the setting, to the service to the food was best of the best. 1) Alexis is an absolute ROCK STAR. From start to finish she is helpful, thoughtful and responsive. So detail oriented and organized. She comes through with everything she promises and more. 2) The service of the staff is incredible. Hotel management, waitstaff, grounds keepers, everyone- they were all so friendly and helpful. I seriously felt like a princess all day long. I can't image getting better service in my life. 3) The food is absolutely delicious. Hats off to the chef. We received so many compliments about how great the food was. 4) The setting and venue itself. Really...how can you beat it??? Absolutely stunning.

Andrea · Married on 04/30/2016

We couldn't be happier with our wedding. Everything about our day was perfect and it was because of Alexis and her team who made sure that we had everything we needed.

We had the most amazing ceremony and reception at the Inn at Erlowest. Everything was perfect! Food was delicious, and the location is just awesome. We had a great time working with Alexis, who is fantastic. She is so organized and really understood what we were looking for. She was always available for questions and helped us out when a few issues came up and took care of them with no trouble.
    We really feel we got a lot of value compared to what some other venues were asking.
    All of our guests raved about the food and how beautiful the location was.
    I would highly recommend the Erlowest for any weddings or functions. We look forward to going back to celebrate our anniversary.

Exceeded all of our dreams! Gorgeous setting, welcoming and helpful staff, wonderful food, amazing service, classic and historic rooms, and nothing but fun fun fun! We are forever grateful especially to our onsite Wedding Coordinator, Alexis, who spent sooo much time making all of our visions and ideas come true. We could never have pulled it off without you! Our family and friends are still raving about the Inn at Erlowest, and keep saying it was "the best wedding" they have ever attended. Thank you to everyone at the Inn for making our wedding day so spectucular! We will never forget that day, and cannot wait to celebrate our anniversaries there for years to come! :-)

• Y

Yuxiang · Married on 06/13/2015

Erlowest is a beautiful place no matter what your reasons are for visiting. The grounds are kept pristine, the architecture is picturesque, the interior is romantic and elegant (especially the ballroom with all its details), and the view is just stunning. What made our experience so perfect, however, was the Erlowest staff. Everybody went above and beyond to ensure our big day was one to remember. Alexis worked with us throughout the process, and made us feel like she was our personal wedding planner (even though she's got a million other things going on), Christopher was incredibly accommodating even when we barged in with more questions late at night, Chef is simply brilliant; he picks his ingredients with care and creates an amazing array of offerings, so much so that we had to have two tastings (the sea bass and butternut squash soup are simply divine). All of our guests were blown away with how beautiful our wedding turned out to be (we were stunned ourselves, quite frankly), and walked away with lovely photos and raved about how much fun they had.

A few tips:
    1. The ball room doesn't need any uplighting (if you're looking to cut back on expenses); candle light made the room seem that much more romantic and suitable for the decor of the ballroom.
    2. Have your guests stay at the Sun Castle Resort townhouses (right on property); not only were our guests able to enjoy Lake George's offerings staying lake-side and just two miles from the town center, they were also able to get home safely and responsibly after the reception.
    3. Have a breakfast for your guests the morning after! We had ours on the veranda; I thought the price was incredibly reasonable for what was offered (the parfait, the pastries and banana maple cream cheese stood out in particular). Our flowers from the night before were re-purposed beautifully (I was so glad those flowers got to shine twice).

katarina · Married on 05/15/2015

This castle is gorgeous with an exquisite view of the lake. Alexis was amazing and made our every dream come true on this night. The year and a half I spent planning this wedding with her she made me feel at ease knowing that she was going to make our vision come true. And that she did! This day was perfect for us and we wouldn't have changed one thing! Have your wedding here, you will not forget it.

Danielle · Married on 10/05/2014

The Inn at Erlowest is by far the absolute best lakeside ceremony and reception area you will find for your wedding in the Adirondack region. After months of visiting every location possible for our dream wedding in the Adirondacks, we found the Inn at Erlowest and knew it was the perfect place from the minute we laid eyes on it. Not only do they have the most elegant setting ( a beautiful historic castle on the waterfront with an amazing patio and gorgeous rooms) they by far had the best wedding packages to offer for the area and provided exceptional service and value. The venue wedding coordinator Alexis helped us from start to finish and made sure with the help of the amazing staff that our day from ceremony prep to cocktail hour to dinner and dancing went absolutely flawless. They accommodated every request we made and truly gave us the fairytale wedding we dreamed of without the worry and stress of planning every detail. The food is also prepared by an amazing in house chef and staff who were able to tailor our wedding menu to exactly what we wanted. If you are planning an Adirondack wedding, no need to spend months looking for a venue and ceremony site, reach out to the Inn at Erlowest and save yourself the worry and hassle knowing you picked the most beautiful venue, with the best wedding coordinator, wait staff, chef and accommodations in the region.

Katie · Married on 08/23/2014

The Inn at Erlowest is such a beautiful location. It has beautiful views overlooking lake George, and we have amazing pictures of family with the beautiful stone work as the background. Alexis was great to work with, she was so helpful! She was great at helping me visualize the ideas I liked and how to work them into our wedding in a way that would work for us. We had an amazing wedding there, and had so many compliments on the venue!

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2014

Alexis and the staff at the Inn at Erlowest went above and beyond for our wedding day. From start to finish, everyone we interacted with at the Inn was incredibly warm, helpful, and the consummate professional. In addition to being classy and beautiful, the staff and general atmosphere was very fun, warm, and welcoming. They really put me at ease on my wedding day that everything would be handled perfectly, and it was. I had many guests come up to me afterward and tell me that they have never eaten a better wedding meal and had more fun at a wedding before. Four months later, people are still talking with me and my husband about how much fun they had at our wedding! We cannot wait to go back there to celebrate special milestones.