The Inn at Erlowest Reviews

The Inn at Erlowest 7
  • Kontessa

Kontessa Siliski · Getting married on 12/17/2021

Overall Awesome!

Very helpful staff and loved visiting the premises. I look forward to having my dream wedding at this modern castle!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Chris Winter · Married on 09/07/2019

Book the Inn at Erlowest!

The Erlowest is a fanstastic wedding venue. Our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful it was and how good the food was. Liz, our wedding coordinator, couldn't have been more helpful. She was following my wife around, lifting up her dress when needed, offering water, etc. Can't say enough good things about this place.

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Micaela

Micaela Dunn · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing!!!

My husband and I could not be any happier with the Inn at Erlowest! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we had no issues at all thanks to the staff at Erlowest, most importantly Jordan. Jordan was awesome to work with from day 1. She was always available to answer any questions we had along the way and helped to make everything run smoothly for us for our wedding weekend. The view is amazing, the food was delicious and the people are true professionals who go above and beyond to make your big day perfect! We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding at The Inn at Erlowest!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall Sale · Married on 08/17/2019

LOVED our day at the Inn at Erlowest

I highly recommend the Inn at Erlowest as a wedding venue. Liz and her team are absolute pros and our entire day went off without a hitch. They were extremely responsive and easy to work with throughout the entire process and worked with us to create our perfect day. The big day was stress-free thanks to their hard work, professionalism and excellent communication. The venue itself is gorgeous and made for beautiful photos and our guests had an amazing time (and raved about the food!) We absolutely loved our wedding day and we have the Inn at Erlowest to thank!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Lisa Rottman Levine · Married on 08/01/2019

Perfect wedding

The inn created our dream wedding. Jordan was amazing to work with. We were a small wedding but treated like a high end affair. The service was top knotch. We couldn’t have asked for anything better.
    The venue was beautiful.

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Rikki

Rikki Saperstein · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Venue Ever!

No amount of words can describe how Alexis and the WHOLE team at the Inn At Erlowest made our big day the absolute best! From the moment we drove down the hill at our initial appointment, I knew that the Inn would be where we would get married. It is a beautiful location, and the professionalism and quality of service exceeded our expectations. I never felt like I was in a "wedding factory" as their attention for detail always felt personalized and catered to our style. Speaking of catering, the food, was absolutely delicious! Best wedding food I or our guests have ever had! If you want to get married on the shore of Lake George, the Inn at Erlowest is the place to be! Thank you Alexis!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Feuerstein · Married on 07/06/2019

Best venue ever!

Book your wedding at The Inn at Erlowest!!! Rain, shine, snow, it doesn't matter because the venue is stunning and has the most incredible view of the the lake. Alexis, our wedding coordinator, was INCREDIBLE! She was always quick to respond to questions (which we had a LOT of) and was always willing to help with any situation we had even if it wasn't part of her job description (such as when we left all of the candles for our rehearsal dinner at home). We had the most PERFECT wedding day (even despite some rain) and wouldn't change a thing!!! Thank you The Inn at Erlowest for the best wedding ever!! We can't wait to come back on our anniversary :)

Sent on 08/19/2019
    The Inn at Erlowest 8
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 06/14/2019

Best place on the Lake!

When looking for a wedding venue on Lake George, the Inn at Erlowest was quickly to to the top of our list after seeing the gorgeous Inn and hall. The point on the lake was exactly what we wanted for our wedding, but there was a perfect back up plan in case of weather. The very best thing for us was the benefit that all of our family and friends could stay right on sight at Sun Castle Resorts and the Inn! From the moment we met Jordan she was incredibly professional, responsive and made everything as easy as possible for us. Our wedding was nothing short of incredible. I had a few hiccups had to hold things up for a VIP guest - Jordan helped to me keep me and everyone with me calm and reassured. I cannot thank her enough for helping to make my day as stress free, fun, and enjoyable as possible. The food was spectacular. Everyone continues to raved about the entire weekend and wedding day every time we see them. From start to finish the staff made the planning process as easy as they could for us, and made the weekend one to remember and talk about for years to come. Choosing this as your wedding site will be one of the best decisions you make!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/11/2019

Breathtaking!

What can we say that hasn't already been said by all of the wonderful reviews about the Inn at Erlowest? Our wedding day was perfect! Jordan and Alexis helped walk us through every last detail, connected with all of our venders and made sure everything went off without a hitch! Throughout the process and on the day of, they were very supportive, and made sure the day was just how we hoped. Any little details we didn't think of they took care of with ease. We are still getting compliments about how great the wedding was. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/06/2019

The Inn at Erlowest's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth. We loved being part of your and Doug's special day. Congratulations!

The Inn at Erlowest
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 11/04/2018

Exceeds Expectations

Everyone at the Erlowest was amazing! They pay such attention to detail. The food, the venue, setting up decorations for the ceremony, cocktail hour, they have the perfect Autumn foliage and amazing views of the lake for outstanding wedding pictures. Every employee knew our names, waiters and waitresses knew who was seated at their table and greeted each guest by name! They make your experience their number one priority. Each guest is well taken care of and they bring the extra food from your cocktail hour/reception to your room after the wedding. We had enough to last the next two days we stayed there!

Alexis is outstanding. She knows what she’s doing and is super thorough. She even met with me in person many times leading up to the big day, helped arrange items to fit our budget and kept everyone on track/schedule the day of... all with a smile! She does not pressure you to make any decisions and truly wants each bride to feel their day is unique and special. I legit cried the next day when thanking her and the staff. They were amazing.

I would suggest booking your room at the Erlowest the night before your wedding AND the night of. The only trouble we had is the bride from the night before checked out of her room late, making us fall a little behind.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Cheree

Cheree · Married on 10/18/2018

Would do it all again.

They did an amazing job with our small wedding, the staff were very professional, very accommodating and amazing. They definitely know what there doing. They have amazing eye to detail and Julianna was amazing. I wouldn’t change anything about it. It’s a beautiful place. I can not wait to go back for Valentine’s Day and for our anniversary. I couldn’t recommend this place enough. That are very busy when it comes to weddings but they make you feel like yours is the only one. They have multiple spots to have your ceremony and a big ball room, but since we had a small wedding we were in the inns main dinning room and it was just as special.

Sent on 10/23/2018
    The Inn at Erlowest 16
    The Inn at Erlowest 17
    The Inn at Erlowest 18

Lynley · Married on 10/06/2018

Our wedding day was wonderful thanks to the professional staff

The staff at the Inn is incredible. I worked mostly with Juliana, who was extremely professional and never took more than 24 hours to reply to an email. She did a fantastic job the entire weekend of my wedding. I dropped off about 20 boxes of various decor items and she checked them all off her inventory list to be sure everything was in order. On the morning of my wedding, we were crunched for time and my hair & makeup team left, but Juliana came to the rescue securing my veil. Later she helped my bridesmaids with my bustle. I know there were many, many brides she was working with but I always felt like I was her only focus. Even our food tasting was a unique and personal experience with our own printed menu! I always dreamt of getting married on Lake George and although I had not pictured something quite as elegant as the Inn at Erlowest, it was absolutely the right choice of venue. From excellent food to the opportunity for guests to stay on property, everything was fantastic. If you’re looking for attentive and professional staff and an elegant feel, you will not find better than the Inn at Erlowest.

Sent on 01/19/2019
  • danielle

danielle · Married on 09/23/2018

If I were to do my entire wedding reception over again, there is nothing I would change, and that is thanks, largely, to the wonderful staff at the gorgeous Inn at Erlowest. Alexis and Laurie and everyone at the Erlowest are absolute wedding pros, super responsive, and fully committed to every single event they pull off (and there are a TON, but they make you feel like yours is the only one.) The food is delicious, the scenery is superb, the drinks are amazing - it's an amazing venue and completely worth it in every way. We look forward to returning for weekend getaways in the future!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Meghan · Married on 06/16/2018

I cannot recommend the Erlowest enough to anyone looking to have an amazing wedding experience. The venue itself is gorgeous, the food was amazing but Alexis and her staff are really the reason our day was so perfect. Looking back I have over 100 emails with Alexis throughout the planning process, each one prompt, polite and professional. Although this venue does multiple weddings a weekend you would never know it from the time and attention you receive from Alexis and her staff. My husband said it best "Alexis is REALLY GOOD at her job". Our guests couldn't believe the views from the Castle and how convenient it was to have everything in one location for the whole weekend. We would recommend the Erlowest to anyone looking for a memorable wedding experience for yourself and for your guests.

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/02/2018

We could not have chosen a more perfect venue. I could go on and on about how beautiful the Inn is but what really makes this place stand apart is the staff. Starting with Alexis and the rest of the events team - she really makes the bride and groom feel special. The Inn does multiple weddings most weekends of the summer so having a coordinator that makes you feel like an individual is so important. She was so helpful - coordinating with our other vendors, helping us plan the day, meeting with us through out different stages of the process, and checking in not he day of from the moment my bridal party and I arrived on sight, to bustling my dress at the reception, and checking in at different times of the night.

It's also the little things that the Inn thinks of that really put it over the top for my husband and I. They made the night so personalized with lots of options for table cloths and room set up that were included in the price. We wanted some add ons and the Inn helped find vendors for those as well. They even gave my husband and I a plate of cocktail hour appetizers we didn't get a chance to try during dinner. When we arrived at our complementary wedding suite at the end of the night we found plates with bites of all the food from the night and a piece of wedding cake for us to enjoy (understanding it's hard to get a chance to eat during the day of).

We had the time of our lives. Our guests LOVED the evening and couldn't stop raving about the services. It was perfect. Thank you team!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 05/12/2018

Stop what you're doing right now and book the Inn at Erlowest as your wedding venue. I cannot even put into words how PERFECT, amazing and truly magical my wedding day was because of the Erlowest. Julianna and Alexis are AMAZING and helped me throughout my entire wedding planning process. I specifically emailed Julianna back and forth every week for over a year and a half before my wedding. Julianna and I had hundreds of emails back and forth to each other. She answered every single one of my questions and always had the answer for me, she is amazing. She is such a sweet, down to earth person and beyond organized and answers emails so quickly; she is a gem and made my entire wedding planning process stress free. Julianna and Alexis helped out so much the day of my wedding, always smiling and calm which helped calmed my nerves knowing I was in good hands. My guests will not stop raving about how spectacular our wedding was. I cannot even count how many of our friends and family said that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to (and we are from New Jersey, where we go over the top with weddings). The food was beyond spectacular. Everything we ate was phenomenal and the chef blew it out of the water and nothing like any wedding food I have ever had. We had guests telling us it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had. My wedding was beyond beautiful and absolutely perfect and not one little thing went wrong, all thanks to the Erlowest staff. Juliana, Alexis, Laurie, Jo were all such a joy to work with and be around all weekend, always smiling and accommodating to all of my guest and I's needs. Besides the staff being absolutely magnificent, the location of the Erlowest is everything and more. I was married right on the water and boy was it a dream location. My wedding pictures are breathtaking and I will recommend this venue to every single bride I

Sent on 06/14/2018
  • shaylyn

shaylyn · Married on 01/20/2018

Thank you to the Inn at Erlowest for hosting the Star Wars Wedding of our dreams! We had our wedding on 1/20/18 in gorgeous 45 degree weather with the breathtaking mountains behind the Erlowest as our backdrop. From start to finish, I worked with Juliana as my wedding planner at the Erlowest and was 100% pleased with how everything turned out!

Communication - Juliana, my coordinator, was always responsive and available when I contacted her. We had long email chains throughout the months that allowed us to cover all planning topics and Juliana was always on-top of things. She was great with reminding me about deadlines and paperwork that needed to be done. I did not hire and outside planner and myself and Juliana were able to plan my themed wedding without any trouble.

Venue - The venue is absolutely stunning and looks and feels like you are in a castle. We are very happy that we booked all 10 rooms for the wedding party/family both Friday and Saturday. It felt like a getaway to a gorgeous castle and each room is unique and lovely to stay in. I received many compliments on the rooms and the venue itself. I stayed in the Schuyler suite as my bridal suite and it was the perfect size. I loved going back upstairs at night and taking a nice long bath in the jacuzzi tub with my new husband. The reception hall is equally beautiful with plenty of room for my 155 guests. We chose the tuscan-style bridal table so that we sat with the bridal party and not by ourselves. This made the room even more special as we were able to be surrounded by our friends and family. The dance floor was a perfect size as well with plenty of room if you have a big wedding. We also had room in the back for a photo booth which was a big hit. Even though it was winter, we had multiple heat lamps and fire tables outside so people could enjoyed the reception hall as well as the outdoor patio. Everyone loved the venue and I couldn't have found a better place.

Sent on 02/26/2018
    The Inn at Erlowest 25
    The Inn at Erlowest 26
    The Inn at Erlowest 27

Liana · Married on 09/03/2017

I don’t think there are words to express how grateful we are to Alexis, Juliana, Chris and the staff at the Erlowest for making our wedding as special as it was. The venue itself is magical - the views stunning, the ballroom perfect. The FOOD! Oh my goodness, the food. Hands down the BEST wedding food we’ve ever had - it came out hot and so incredibly delicious. We continue to get rave reviews from our guests. The service was wonderful.

The fact that the Inn works so closely with SunCastle Resorts creates a unique situation for accommodations. Nobody has to leave the premises, which welcomes an interconnected party atmosphere (in our case) for the entire weekend. We loved having everybody so close, enjoying time with our family and friends for several days. In addition, the rooms at the Inn are clean, comfortable and one-of-a-kind. The Montcalm Suite was simply perfect for us the night of our wedding.

Throughout the planning process, Alexis was a calming influence, organized and helpful. That warm professionalism proved to stand up in the face of adversity, when our ceremony site had to be changed from the Pointe to the courtyard (because of Hurricane Harvey). It was a move I initially was pretty bummed about, but honestly worked out better than we could have imagined. The space was intimate and lovely, creating an emotional atmosphere that resonated with everybody. We partly booked the Inn because of how good “Plan B” could be, and I’m so thankful we did.

We will be coming back for sure to relive our special day!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2017

You're going to feel like the king and queen when you get married here! The food was AMAZING! Everyone talked about it. The location was beautiful and we stayed right on site. The coordinator was on point with all of our ideas and she was excited to make everything perfect for us. We had our own waitress too so we were able to eat and mingle quickly. I cannot say enough good things about this place!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Greg · Married on 07/22/2017

The beauty of this location speaks for itself it was perfect. Because of how gorgeous the inn is you don't need to spend anything on decorations. We got so many compliments on the beauty of the inn. The food was fantastic! When did our initial tasting it was so difficult to decide what to have. They were also very accommodating to several of our guest that had unique food allergies. Juliana and Alexis are fantastic as well as the whole staff you can tell they really love their job and are great at it. I can’t think of one bad thing to say about the inn. We will return for weekends in the future.

Sent on 07/29/2017

chere · Married on 07/15/2017

We got married at the erlowest a couple weeks ago and all i can say is wow! The entire staff the day of the wedding was outstanding! Leading up to our wedding I worked with Alexis, and Juliana and they were both incredible. They always had answers to all of my questions, they are so detailed oriented, and they were so good about making sure everything was set before the day of the wedding! As for the wedding day, My girls and I got ready on property in the sitting area on the second floor, Juliana made sure to check in on me every hour to make sure all was going well and to reassure me everything was going well while setting up decor. Once it came time for the ceremony to start they new exactly what they were doing and kept everything calm while bringing everyone down to the ceremony location (north pointe). Alexis and Juliana were both there for ceremony and made sure to be in contact with my DJ so that they sent everyone out on the correct cue. I could not thank them enough for being there and being so assertive. The ceremony location was decorated so beautifully and was exactly the vision i had. It was the most beautiful ceremony location and exactly what i had dreamed about. Even when we had a little weather scare only 2 hours before the ceremony, Juliana was still willing to let me keep the ceremony location by the water and was willing to change it last minute (in case it rained) to make sure that i was able to have ceremony by the water like we had wanted, and Im so glad she was willing to let me chance it because the weather turned out to be perfect! The reception in the ball room could not of been any better. It had totally exceeded my expectations and i could not thank the entire staff enough for decorating it so beautifully and making my dream and vision come true! Everyone was so accommodating to us and made the entire day run smoothly. I had no reason to stress the day of because of the wonderful staff the erlowest has. We can't thank you guys enough!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2017

This was a magical venue and I couldn't be happier with the atmosphere or the amazing food! The staff makes everything effortless!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Marisa · Married on 10/07/2016

I grew up outside of Albany and going up to Lake George in the summer. As soon as my fiance and I pulled into the parking lot of the Erlowest, we knew it was where we wanted to hold our reception. The venue is breathtaking and the staff could not be more accommodating. After my wedding, I was looking for an email with the on-site coordinator, Alexis, and it showed we emailed more than 300 times in one year. I could not have planned the wedding of my dreams without Alexis. She is so organized and will have an answer for everything you throw at her. She honestly took the stress out of my wedding day, so I could just concentrate on having fun! We did get a gorgeous fall day for our wedding, so we were able to take the Miss Erlowest out for a spin on Lake George, which was one of the most memorable experiences of the day (if you're looking at the Erlowest, make sure you ask about it!!). Our entire bridal party fit on the boat and with the picturesque backdrop, it was truly magical. I haven't seen the photos yet, but I'm sure they will be amazing.

The food was delicious - we had so many people stop and tell us it was the best meal they had at a wedding. Even the menu tasting was mouthwatering - we had a hard time narrowing down the options everything was so good! And all the servers were so nice and professional.

One note for potential brides and grooms - if you book at the Erlowest, I recommend you use most if not all of their preferred vendors. We did and I have to say, working with vendors who know the location and Alexis made it so much more streamlined. The preferred vendors are also the best in the area, so you know you're getting the A team all around.

There are a lot of places to consider in Lake George, but in my opinion, nothing compares to the Erlowest. It's private, meticulously maintained and has gorgeous views. I highly, highly recommend you check it out!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Johnna · Married on 10/01/2016

Wow!!!! The Erlowest and Chef Adam Padilla knocked it out of the park for my daughter's October 1st wedding. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. I don't even know where to begin with my thoughts on Alexis; she was amazing to work with and more than accommodating. She is articulate, knowledgable, patient and just so adorable!!! It took 18 months of planning as there were many details and moving parts....to the first time ever constructed clear tent at The Point, the Grand Cocktail hour that consisted of almost everything on their menu, antique furniture, barrel bars and a lounge flip, an after party until 1am with late night food and a farewell breakfast back at The Point tent.; It all went off without a hitch! My only suggestion is that you rent all 10 Inn rooms and EVERY unit on the Sun Castle grounds as there will be complaints made for any late night noise. I missed 2 units and, unfortunately, we did disturb those staying in them.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Tara · Married on 08/27/2016

In August 2016, my husband and I got married at the Inn at Erlowest.  From the moment we met Alexis Wallace during our initial tour of the venue, we felt so comfortable and at ease throughout the process.  We cannot say enough about how professional, kind, patient, and understanding Alexis was throughout the process.  Alexis promptly addressed all our needs and any questions and concerns we had with such warmth and sincerity.  On the day of our wedding, everything was truly perfect.  The staff was so attentive to us and our guests' every need.  The food was incredible, the views were breathtaking, and we could not have asked for anything more.  We highly recommend the Inn at Erlowest, not only for weddings, but also for a getaway weekend as the rooms and grounds are truly beautiful.  To this day, we are so grateful to Alexis and the entire staff at the Inn at Erlowest.  We appreciate all their hard work and dedication so much - it did not go unnoticed!  We could not be happier!

Sent on 09/19/2016