The Ice House Venue Reviews

39 Reviews for The Ice House Venue

• Katheryn

Katheryn Turner · Getting married on 05/01/2021

One of a kind

Dena made the whole experience welcoming and inviting. Very easy to talk to and she is so friendly. She is will to go above and beyond for her clients. I could not ask for anyone better to have a venue with. To meet her is awesome.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • AuGaesha

AuGaesha JoAnte' · Getting married on 12/12/2020

Mrs. Dena was so sweet.

Mrs. Dena was sooo sweet. She took her time to show around every inch of the venue. She even has a room full of decorations for the bride to use at no extra charge

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Brendsha

Brendsha A. Roby · Getting married on 04/11/2020

November 16, 2019

The Ice House staff was so attentive and professional. They even ensured that our special day went off without a problem. Mrs. Dena and her son took all of the anxiety out of the day. By providing any support or help I needed, they allowed me to focus on our wedding ceremony and enjoying each moment. I highly recommend them and encourage everyone to check them out. The decor and intimacy of the building, the bridal suite, and man cave, took our day to the next level!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Mckenzie

Mckenzie Day · Married on 01/11/2020

Beautiful venue

The ice house was exactly the venue I was looking for. The venue is so big and so many options as to what you can do with it. The owner is very sweet and makes sure everything is to your liking. The bridal room is absolutely beautiful and we had a blast getting ready in there. My husband and I couldn’t have asked for a more gorgeous wedding.

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Latoya

Latoya · Married on 12/21/2019

December Wedding at The Ice House

I had my wedding at the The Ice House Venue in December. Everything was beautiful. The venue was everything I wanted and more. Dena and her staff were absolutely fabulous! She was so helpful and flexible during the entire process. The chapel, reception hall and bridal suite were everything I envisioned for my wedding! Thank you!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Emily Rice Guilzon · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding ceremony and reception

Dena is very attentive and very easy to work with. She will go out of her way to make your day very special. She is such a sweet person. She took very good care of us on our special day. All of our other venders love working with her. I can't imagine working with anyone else. The venue is very beautiful and historic. I recommend her venue for any event you plan. We love you Dena!!!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Alice · Married on 10/26/2019

Hall-Tharp wedding

Beautiful venue with rustic charm!
    A wonderful bridal suite, mancave for grooms guys, Gorgeous reception area, Absolutely perfect place for a wedding.
    Dena is the best, so helpful in every way!
    No need for a wedding planner!!! Trust Dena.. She has thought of everything!!!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Lee · Married on 09/14/2019

The Wedding I’ve always dreamt of

I cannot say enough about my experience at the ice house. I first fell in love with the venue as a senior in high school as we celebrated the senior class here over 5 years ago. I then revisited the beautiful building freshly engaged and fell in love with its beauty all over again. Dena is a saving grace. She made the whole experience effortless. She’s so flexible and understanding. She truly makes you feel like the day is only about you. She catered our rehearsal dinner as well as the reception and the food was phenomenal, more than I ever expected! She also packed us TONS of food to take with us that night. The bridal suite was perfect and since I got married on a Saturday in the fall in the south, the man cave was put to great use! If you’re thinking about booking The Ice house I say, read no more! Hurry and book you won’t regret it!!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Patrick · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding September 14, 2019

What a wonderful experience we had at The Ice House! Not only was the wedding experience wonderful, but the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner was outstanding! The food catered for the rehearsal and wedding was delicious!! We had so many compliments on both!! Highly recommend for any special occasion! Thank you, Dena Pigott for helping make our weekend so memorable!!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Christopher Blakely · Married on 08/31/2019

The best place in Jackson

I can not write enough to show my gratitude towards this place. First off, the venue is beautiful and I absolutely loved the neat little history behind it. Next, Dena the owner is one of the most flexible, dependable, professional, and kind individual I have ever met. She allowed us to come multiple times and to set up early the day before. She constantly eased the stress we had with provided decorations on site (We saved a good bit of money thanks to her!!!). On the happiest day of my life, my family, guest, and wedding party complemented her staff on their attentiveness and professional conduct. She was extremely dependable and flexible to our odd times we needed access to the venue. She was always present and timely whenever we needed her. I would say anyone who has the pleasure to deal with Dena will leave happier. I know I did. Thank you for being awesome!!!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Rayle

Rayle Harper · Married on 08/31/2019

Total package venue!

I had my wedding August 31,2019 at The Ice House. There are not enough words to express how grateful my husband and I are for this venue and it’s staff! For starters the venue itself is naturally beautiful and is the PERFECT best of both worlds type of space. It has all the space you need for a big wedding but is still very cozy for smaller weddings. If your a minimalist bride (like me) it required little decoration, however if your a bride looking for more drama there is so much you can do here, tons of space and opportunity for whatever you desire. The staff is absolutely amazing, I was blown away by the hospitality here. Dena and her husband were professional, organized, and all around a complete pleasure to work with. This couple is truly about making their customers happy. They accommodated every need we had over the year of planning, were always easy to contact and talk with, and most importantly always followed through with everything they told us. I personally dealt with Dena about most everything and she truly made me feel like our day was special to her, not just another transaction, her couples are personal for her. She was always excited to hear about my ideas and told me she couldn’t wait to see it all come together so she could show future brides new and different things that could be done in the space. After talking with Dena and her husband you can tell they genuinely care about their customers and that making their event special is important to them. My husband and I feel truly blessed to have met them and for them to be apart of our new beginning together. The day before my wedding Dena text me that she had a surprise for me and when I arrived at the venue she unveiled they had updated and expanded the bridal suite (sidenote: it was also spacious and beautiful and I had no idea they were even considering renovating it, they worked all night finishing it so it would be ready)the suite was absolutely gorgeous, it was such an unbelievably sweet and thoughtful surprise I almost cried. My hair and makeup girls were in actual heaven when they came in and loved it! Even with 7-10 people sometimes more in and out of the suite all day it was never crowded and made the flow of getting 6 bridesmaids and myself ready for pictures quick and easy. Unlike many places they also have a “man cave” for the guys, my groom and his men specifically loved this. Full bar that you can stock with whatever you like, lounge chairs and sofas, and also a big screen TV and a pool table. All in a completely separate area which was convenient as me and my groom were keeping separate until the ceremony. Also Dena had staff there to make sure everything went well and assist with anything we needed, Johnny was amazing, he kept a check on us and did everything that was asked of him with no hesitation, he was a great help! Dena and Pat took care of everything and left us with absolutely no worries, they never faltered in their consistency and reliability over the year we were planning our wedding. This venue and staff exceeds every expectation I had and hits the Mark for everything a bride needs or wants for her wedding day! I would spend every cent over and over again, as it was more than worth it!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Danielle Ellzey · Married on 08/03/2019

Beautiful venue great costumer service

I loved this venue!! So naturally beautiful, I hardly needed any decorations. The staff accommodated everything I needed, including multiple tours for my out of town family when they came in town. The ice house staff gave me their personal cells and I called or texted with any questions and always got quick responses. They connected us with great vendors for the wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Matthew

Matthew Trim · Married on 08/03/2019

Fantastic Team & Beautiful, Flexible Venue. 100% Satisfied.

Dena and the Ice House team were fantastic. I loved working with them and using their venue. Their team was friendly, respectful, and professional. They were very flexible and helped us customize the space to our needs. The price was fair and well fit to the gorgeous venue we received. We were totally satisfied with our wedding and can't think of a single issue we had with our vendor. The venue was beautiful and had unique qualities I haven't seen in any other venues. Photos can't do it justice. You really need to see it in person! It was large enough for a huge gathering, but the space also holds an intimate quality that makes it feel small enough for a smaller gathering. Like a blank canvas, this space can take on so many different looks. Whatever kind of wedding you may be looking for, I highly recommend you check out the Ice House!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan Savell · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing!!!

The Ice House was the perfect place for our 400 guest wedding reception. The building is beautiful and has so many great photo ops. The staff is so kind, helpful, and patient. We spent almost our whole wedding day at the venue, from getting ready in the bridal suite and man cave, to pictures, to the reception. The chapel is also beautiful, although we did not use it. There is plenty of room for everyone to enjoy! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Geneicia

Geneicia Myles · Married on 06/22/2019

The BEST Wedding and Reception Venue

I am completely satisfied with the staff and everything The Ice House has to offer. The owners are so patient and kind. Everything was perfect and my guests complemented the entire setup. I LOVE that they provide props for decor. It made decorating a breeze. My husband was blown away by the man cave. I viewed several wedding venues and I fell in love with the space and accommodations the first day I saw The Ice House. I couldn’t have chose a better place!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Hayley · Married on 05/19/2019

So easy to work with!

Mrs. Dena and her staff were so easy to work with! I didn’t have a ton of time to plan the wedding and wasn’t living in the same city, but the team there was able to talk on the phone, meet me multiple times to walk through the venue and made it a fun and care free weekend!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Shonna Jones · Married on 05/18/2019

The best experience you could ask for !

The venue is absolutely gorgeous! My daughter got married there a week ago and I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect or smoother day. It was because of Dena and her staff. They are amazing and Dena is a pleasure to work with. She goes above and beyond for you! Dena also catered for us and everything was phenomenal. All the guest were talking about how amazing everything tasted! I would definitely recommend The Ice House!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Maggie Woodall · Married on 05/11/2019

Great venue

I just recently attended a wedding at this beautiful venue and the owners Mrs.Dena and Mr. Pat were there to lend a hand with everything the whole time. They run a great place and I would definitely love to attend more events and weddings here!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Margaret Ryan · Married on 03/30/2019

Our Wedding

The Ice House Venue is an exceptional venue for all types of events. The staff is very professional and helpful and make the whole process so easy. They have a lot of different food choices to chose from and the food we chose was delicious. They are very flexible and kind and want to help in any way they can. I can’t say enough good things about this venue and the people running it.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Natalie Hill · Married on 03/14/2019

Ice House Venue Jackson MS.

My daughter recently got married at the Ice House.. It is a fantastic venue with 1900’s charm combined with modern amenities. The owners, Dena and Pat, and their professional staff were exceptional! Thanks Ice House for a wonderful experience!! Natalie Hill

Sent on 03/14/2019

Jessica Lyons · Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing venue and staff!!!!

Mrs. Dena and Mr.Pat were amazing!! They helped us with any and everything we needed! I helped do set up and break down of a wedding for my best friends and I don’t know how I could have done it without them! The venue itself is absolutely amazing!!! Didn’t need hardly anything to personalize and it was perfect!!! So thankful for this place and the people who run it!!!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Kayla Mitchell · Married on 02/23/2019

Dena made it Smooth sailing!

Dena at the ice house was wit me every step of the way! I could call her day or night with any questions or concerns! Her and her husband pat made it the smoothest wedding! All I had to do was show up, get ready, and get married! I forgot something at home and Mrs Dena ran to hobby lobby to get it for me! She made me a gift as well! Honestly they are priced too low for the service and dedication we received! I would recommend them to anyone, and already have! Happy Wedding!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby Moore Ray · Married on 08/04/2018

The Ice House in downtown Jackson is the perfect one stop shop wedding venue!

The Ice House is a one stop shop wedding venue for the ceremony, reception, as well as bride and groom rooms to get ready! I loved being able to have the ceremony in an "industrial warehouse" while still having the small chapel feel. There is beautiful custom ironwork all throughout the grounds that made gorgeous pictures. Every part of the day ran smoothly and the guests had wonderful things to say after the wedding!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Kelly Crim · Married on 05/05/2018

A gem in Jackson!!

I've attended several weddings and events at the Ice House since moving to the area in 2014 - I have had such a wonderful time at every single one! This is a neat venue and quite the gem in downtown Jackson. Dena has done a fabulous job with the place, and she has been so sweet and so helpful. You can tell she loves what she does, and it makes the whole experience memorable and enjoyable.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Ally · Married on 07/16/2016

Very professional

I have worked for many brides at the Ice House, as an on site hair and makeup stylist. I have also attended weddings here, as a guest. The venue is beautiful, and the owners Dena and Pat are so professional. They are always updating and making sure that it is top notch for every couple or event! It is one of my favorite venues, and I would highly recommend any event to be held here!

Sent on 12/18/2018