The Hudson Cakery Reviews

The Hudson Cakery 4
  • Stephanie

Stephanie S · Married on 09/12/2019

Exceeded Expectations!

I used Hudson Cakery for my City Hall Wedding Reception :)

The Hudson Cakery made me a delicious Naked Chocolate cake and Jennifer worked with us to add my husband's rum (he works for a liquor company) in the cake for us! It was such a nice personal touch for our day! Jennifer also helped guide me along the process to ensure my cake was decorated with fresh flowers :)

I also ordered a ton of cake pops for the evening, Jennifer and team helped me design them so they matched my dress & my husband's suit. They were a HIT and gone before I could even try one! All my guests kept asking me about the bakery I used, they were truly that impressed. Thanks so much, Hudson Cakery! Will definitely use again for any celebration I have in the future!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2019

Delicious & Beautiful Designs!

Hudson Cakery is amazing!!! Literally the easiest part of wedding planning and the most fun! Everyone was a pleasure to work with and the prices were very reasonable after doing a lot of research at nearby bakeries. Not to mention the cake was delicious! My husband and I aren’t big dessert people so we knew we wanted to do something different and the Hudson Cakery did not disappoint! We had an assortment of beautiful cake pops on a tiered pedestal that all matched our color scheme and a grooms cake to resemble a pancake (my husbands favorite) All of our guests loved the idea so people could grab and go back to the dance floor with the pops and they seriously couldn’t have done a better job making a more realistic stack of pancakes!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Hudson Cakery's creations not only look amazing but taste absolutely delicious. I worked with Jennifer, who was a sweetheart and made the planning process so easy. I had a film-themed wedding. Hudson Cakery made me an R2D2 groomsman cake and Oscar statue sugar cookie party favors. My guests could not believe that R2D2 was a cake and edible. He might have been photographed more than me. Everyone also loved their cookie favors, for who can resist edible glitter?! I was secretly happy that a few guests forgot to take them home...more for me! Thank you again for everything. Dessert is my favorite course and you guys served it up right.

Sent on 06/25/2018
    The Hudson Cakery 5
    The Hudson Cakery 6

The Hudson Cakery's reply:

We are so happy you were pleased with everything Ashley! Your event looked gorgeous, congrats again!!!
    -Jennifer : )

Nicole · Married on 02/24/2018

Delicious! Beautiful! (…did I mention DELICIOUS?!?) I first discovered Hudson Cakery based on recommendation & was immediately impressed with the beautiful pictures & variety of options they had to offer. From stunning, detailed cake creations to charming treats, they can craft anything to match your preference. Working with Jennifer & Caroline was an absolute pleasure & we couldn’t have been more pleased with how our wedding cupcake tower turned out. It looked gorgeous at our Chart House reception with the city skyline as a backdrop (great photos!), but more importantly was so moist & tasty. After sampling a variety of cakes, frosting & fillings at the tasting, we decided on chocolate fudge cake with coconut buttercream frosting. Excellent choice! We saved our top layer & cannot wait to unfreeze it for our first-year anniversary. Thank you Hudson Cakery for being so great to work with & for the wonderful cake!

Sent on 03/16/2018

Lorena · Married on 11/11/2017

We loved Hudson Cakery! I had actually found images of their cakes on Pintrest and then I made an appointment for a tasting. We tasted so many good cakes and fillings that we ended up ordering three different tiers! We also wanted floral designs on the cake to match the theme of my wedding and they did it perfectly. To this day we are still getting compliments on how great our cake tasted! Thank you Hudson Cakery!

Sent on 03/05/2018
    The Hudson Cakery 7
  • bayyana

bayyana · Married on 09/16/2017

Jennifer is amazing! I wish we had more events coming up just to have some of her outstanding cake. Not only was the cake visually stunning, the flavor and texture of the cake was amazing. We decided to have an almond cake with pineapple filling and orange marmalade buttercream. The combination of flavors worked so well together, we couldn’t have asked for a better cake. Jennifer and her staff were so easy to work with. We had a last minute change to the top layer of the cake, and they were able to accommodate our request. My husband recently switched to gluten free and we needed to switch the top layer. Jessica was able to make the top an almond cake with salted caramel – it was amazing. We can’t thank you enough being part of our wedding day!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Estefanis · Married on 06/22/2017

My wedding was on 6/22/17. I had a cake tasting a few months back but that did not do the Hudson Cakery justice. All my guests raved about how beautiful the cupcakes were- yes I ordered 8 dozen different flavors/and designs. Cupcakes were chocolate, vanilla, almond, carrot and red velvet. My cake was a carrot cake and it was so moist and tasty. I would definitely order from them. Jennifer was great to work with and responded to all my emails in a timely fashion. This is not your regular walk in bakery. Hours vary and are mostly by appointment that way you get the attention. Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Adrienne · Married on 06/03/2017

We were very pleased with our naked vanilla cake with raspberry preserves and cream cheese frosting! I highly recommend Hudson Cakery!

Sent on 03/12/2018
    The Hudson Cakery 8

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2017

Beautiful cake, absolutely stunning and delicious! Jennifer was a joy to work with and we were so happy with the results! Highly recommend !

Sent on 10/07/2017

Susan · Married on 10/15/2016

Had a custom 2 tier Fall leaves wedding cake made for my wedding on 10/15/2016. AMAZING job. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Dana · Married on 09/16/2016

We loved our cake. It was exactly what I pictured. They were very helpful and they delivered my cake with no problem! Wewas very happy with everything they did!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2016

Hudson Cakery made a grooms cake for me in a Boston/Cape Cod/Sports theme for my husband. They worked to do a draw up for me and the vision came perfectly to life in a cake. Plus the cake was delicious! My husband was surprised and absolutely loved it.

Sent on 10/10/2016

We had our wedding and reception in Weehawken at Molos restaurant. Jennifer and her team worked with us to create cakes that perfectly matched our NYC skyline theme and they worked within our budget. Hudson Cakery even provided me with a sample cake so I could make adjustments if I wanted. All of our guests raved about the delicious and beautiful cakes. We highly recommend Hudson Cakery for all of your special events.

- Evette and Gordon Radlein

Sent on 05/25/2016

Liz · Married on 05/14/2016

I was referred by my caterer to check out the Hudson Cakery for my wedding cake and I'm so happy that I chose them. Jenn was great to work with and I really enjoyed the cake tasting. My wedding cake came out EXACTLY how I expected and I was blown away by how good it tasted. Almost a month later, and I'm still receiving comments from my guests on how good the cake was. I'd definitely recommend The Hudson Cakery for anyone looking for a cake that looks and tastes amazing.

Sent on 06/09/2016
  • User6204188 · 2+ years ago

Jennifer is absolutely AMAZING!!! Fast email responses. She setup a tasting appointment with my now husband and I within the same week for a wedding occurring the following week. It was so hard to choose our flavors because every single one was so good!! She totally understood our vision and our cake met all our expectations. She also let us add on cookie favors. Easy contract signing after the tasting appointment and payment via check on site. She even let me increase our favor numbers and pay online for the difference. My guests loved the taste of my cake (pink champagne). I HIGHLY recommend The Hudson Cakery for any event and will be using them in the future! :)

Sent on 01/13/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/03/2015

Our cake was perfect in every way! Jenn was so easy to work with. She answered all of our questions and worked with us to make sure that the cake was exactly what we wanted. It looked amazing and tasted even better. I could not have been more satisfied. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/31/2015

jennifer · Married on 09/19/2015

Phenomenal! Jennifer was a pleasure to work with from the cake tasting to the final details and the cake came out beautifully. Exactly like the picture I gave to them. And of course, it was delicious!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Alyssa · Married on 09/12/2015

The Hudson Cakery was so easy to work with! We went with a smaller wedding cake and then a sheet cake to serve our guests with and we had TWO cake flavors!! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about our cake! The vanilla cake with salted caramel buttercream filling was out of this world!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Molly · Married on 09/06/2015

The Hudson Cakery did an amazing job on our rehearsal dinner cake, wedding cakes and cupcakes! I'm still hearing rave reviews from our guests! They were so beautifully done and tasty!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Julianne · Married on 08/22/2015

We absolutely loved the wedding cake that Jennifer and her team at The Hudson Cakery made for us. From the very start Jennifer was patient with us, listened to our vision for the cake, and delivered not only the prettiest wedding cake I've ever seen, but the most delicious one I've ever tasted! So proud that this was our cake. It was moist and sooo tasty and we received so many compliments from our guests! We don't want to wait a year to eat the top of our cake! Thank you to The Hudson Cakery for delivering our dream cake!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Danielle · Married on 07/17/2015

From the second I started communicating with Jen I knew this would be our the bakery we went with! We visited 2 before coming here and just were really not impressed with much they had to offer. Jen was perfect at accommodating our wants (alternating flavors of cake & cream) and produced such a beautiful cake.

When we went to her space it felt like sitting with a friend. She did a great job at giving us feedback on how to keep the cake in our budget. Her team delivered our cake and everything looked and tasted GREAT, got tons of compliments.

Just ate the cake a year later & it was just as great, def. recommend!!

Sent on 07/21/2016
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 05/30/2015

I absolutely LOVED our wedding cake by Hudson Cakery. It was the whole package: affordable, delicious, and beautifully crafted. Jennifer also provided excellent service. It was so fun to go to the shop with my fiancé and mother to taste all their amazing favors! After the tasting, we decided on their most popular cake (chocolate with cookies & cream) because it was so delicious. The top of the cake (for the groom and I to keep) was carrot with cream cheese frosting (I can't wait until our first anniversary to eat it).

In regards to the design, Jennifer assured us that they could do pretty much whatever we wanted, so I sketched out what I wanted the cake to look like on paper and shared a few photos from my Pinterest page. I was so afraid of how it would come out because this was a completely original design, but I was so happy to see it come to life - it was exactly how I imagined it. Everyone was so impressed and took photos of it all night.

If you're looking for great taste and quality at a reasonable price, take a trip out to Weehawken and try their cake for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/07/2015

The Hudson Cakery's reply:

Wow thanks for the kind words Valerie!!! We are so happy you loved your cake. Congratulations again!

Tara · Married on 04/04/2015

Jenn's cakes are by far the best I have ever had! She created a gorgeous (and delicious) cupcake display for my wedding. A the end of the night (and after everyone ran to take some home with them) we were only left with about a dozen cupcakes!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Great service and an absolutely amazing cake; truly unique!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Jill · Married on 10/18/2014

It has been exactly one month since my wedding and I am not exaggerating when I say that I still have friends telling me that my cake was the best wedding cake they've ever had! (Chocolate Cake with Oreo Buttercream filling)

On top of the quality of the cake, Jenn (the head cake designer), is a doll and such a pleasure to work with. She brought my vision to life and took my budget into full consideration.

I recommend Hudson Cakery with the utmost confidence that anyone who uses them for their event will be 110% satisfied with the results!

Sent on 11/18/2014