90 Reviews for The Hudson Cakery

Gluten Free (1)
Nut Free (1)
Fresh Fruit (1)
88 The Hudson Cakery Reviews

Delicious! Beautiful! (…did I mention DELICIOUS?!?) I first discovered Hudson Cakery based on recommendation & was immediately impressed with the beautiful pictures & variety of options they had to offer. From stunning, detailed cake creations to charming treats, they can craft anything to match your preference. Working with Jennifer & Caroline was an absolute pleasure & we couldn’t have been more pleased with how our wedding cupcake tower turned out. It looked gorgeous at our Chart House reception with the city skyline as a backdrop (great photos!), but more importantly was so moist & tasty. After sampling a variety of cakes, frosting & fillings at the tasting, we decided on chocolate fudge cake with coconut buttercream frosting. Excellent choice! We saved our top layer & cannot wait to unfreeze it for our first-year anniversary. Thank you Hudson Cakery for being so great to work with & for the wonderful cake!

Profile Picture Nicole, 2/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes

We loved Hudson Cakery! I had actually found images of their cakes on Pintrest and then I made an appointment for a tasting. We tasted so many good cakes and fillings that we ended up ordering three different tiers! We also wanted floral designs on the cake to match the theme of my wedding and they did it perfectly. To this day we are still getting compliments on how great our cake tasted! Thank you Hudson Cakery!

Profile Picture Lorena , 11/11/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Jennifer is amazing! I wish we had more events coming up just to have some of her outstanding cake. Not only was the cake visually stunning, the flavor and texture of the cake was amazing. We decided to have an almond cake with pineapple filling and orange marmalade buttercream. The combination of flavors worked so well together, we couldn’t have asked for a better cake. Jennifer and her staff were so easy to work with. We had a last minute change to the top layer of the cake, and they were able to accommodate our request. My husband recently switched to gluten free and we needed to switch the top layer. Jessica was able to make the top an almond cake with salted caramel – it was amazing. We can’t thank you enough being part of our wedding day!

Profile Picture User6718809, Recently Married, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Cake Stands, Cakes

We had a cake tasting at Hudson Cakery and this review is incomplete as we are still waiting for our estimate...

We arrived at their bakery and as soon as you walk in you can smell the sweet baked goods and it smells so yummy! That was a great intro. We had a previous appointment that helped us solidify our design so we pretty much knew what we wanted when we went in. We were provided individual servings of cakes slices with fillings and a side serving of fillings and icings to taste. We both really enjoyed their Almond and Chocolate cakes. My fiance decided on cookies and cream filling that was so delish. He also decided on their whipped coconut filling that was smooth and tasted like a whipped coquito - lawd have mercy! I requested their whipped dulce de leche and whipped Nutella - OMG! I don't even like Nutella, lol, yet it was a must with the Almond cake. We then discussed our designs and they were able to accommodate every request and sharpen our vision. We were told at the conclusion that we would be emailed a proposal and the design sketch. Also, if we hire them we would be able to get as many sketches needed to ensure we were satisfied, which I could imagine would only take a revision or two. Stay tuned... :)

Profile Picture Raechelle, 7/20/17, 18 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

My wedding was on 6/22/17. I had a cake tasting a few months back but that did not do the Hudson Cakery justice. All my guests raved about how beautiful the cupcakes were- yes I ordered 8 dozen different flavors/and designs. Cupcakes were chocolate, vanilla, almond, carrot and red velvet. My cake was a carrot cake and it was so moist and tasty. I would definitely order from them. Jennifer was great to work with and responded to all my emails in a timely fashion. This is not your regular walk in bakery. Hours vary and are mostly by appointment that way you get the attention. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Estefanis, 6/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were very pleased with our naked vanilla cake with raspberry preserves and cream cheese frosting! I highly recommend Hudson Cakery!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Beautiful cake, absolutely stunning and delicious! Jennifer was a joy to work with and we were so happy with the results! Highly recommend !

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Had a custom 2 tier Fall leaves wedding cake made for my wedding on 10/15/2016. AMAZING job. Definitely recommend.

Profile Picture User7348350, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved our cake. It was exactly what I pictured. They were very helpful and they delivered my cake with no problem! Wewas very happy with everything they did!

Profile Picture Dana, 9/16/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Nut Free, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Hudson Cakery made a grooms cake for me in a Boston/Cape Cod/Sports theme for my husband. They worked to do a draw up for me and the vision came perfectly to life in a cake. Plus the cake was delicious! My husband was surprised and absolutely loved it.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Cakes

We had our wedding and reception in Weehawken at Molos restaurant. Jennifer and her team worked with us to create cakes that perfectly matched our NYC skyline theme and they worked within our budget. Hudson Cakery even provided me with a sample cake so I could make adjustments if I wanted. All of our guests raved about the delicious and beautiful cakes. We highly recommend Hudson Cakery for all of your special events.

- Evette and Gordon Radlein

Profile Picture Evette, 5/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was referred by my caterer to check out the Hudson Cakery for my wedding cake and I'm so happy that I chose them. Jenn was great to work with and I really enjoyed the cake tasting. My wedding cake came out EXACTLY how I expected and I was blown away by how good it tasted. Almost a month later, and I'm still receiving comments from my guests on how good the cake was. I'd definitely recommend The Hudson Cakery for anyone looking for a cake that looks and tastes amazing.

Profile Picture Liz, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Jennifer is absolutely AMAZING!!! Fast email responses. She setup a tasting appointment with my now husband and I within the same week for a wedding occurring the following week. It was so hard to choose our flavors because every single one was so good!! She totally understood our vision and our cake met all our expectations. She also let us add on cookie favors. Easy contract signing after the tasting appointment and payment via check on site. She even let me increase our favor numbers and pay online for the difference. My guests loved the taste of my cake (pink champagne). I HIGHLY recommend The Hudson Cakery for any event and will be using them in the future! :)

Profile Picture User6204188, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cookies

Our cake was perfect in every way! Jenn was so easy to work with. She answered all of our questions and worked with us to make sure that the cake was exactly what we wanted. It looked amazing and tasted even better. I could not have been more satisfied. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Phenomenal! Jennifer was a pleasure to work with from the cake tasting to the final details and the cake came out beautifully. Exactly like the picture I gave to them. And of course, it was delicious!

Profile Picture jennifer, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Hudson Cakery was so easy to work with! We went with a smaller wedding cake and then a sheet cake to serve our guests with and we had TWO cake flavors!! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about our cake! The vanilla cake with salted caramel buttercream filling was out of this world!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

The Hudson Cakery did an amazing job on our rehearsal dinner cake, wedding cakes and cupcakes! I'm still hearing rave reviews from our guests! They were so beautifully done and tasty!!

Profile Picture Molly, 9/6/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved the wedding cake that Jennifer and her team at The Hudson Cakery made for us. From the very start Jennifer was patient with us, listened to our vision for the cake, and delivered not only the prettiest wedding cake I've ever seen, but the most delicious one I've ever tasted! So proud that this was our cake. It was moist and sooo tasty and we received so many compliments from our guests! We don't want to wait a year to eat the top of our cake! Thank you to The Hudson Cakery for delivering our dream cake!

Profile Picture Julianne, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From the second I started communicating with Jen I knew this would be our the bakery we went with! We visited 2 before coming here and just were really not impressed with much they had to offer. Jen was perfect at accommodating our wants (alternating flavors of cake & cream) and produced such a beautiful cake.

When we went to her space it felt like sitting with a friend. She did a great job at giving us feedback on how to keep the cake in our budget. Her team delivered our cake and everything looked and tasted GREAT, got tons of compliments.

Just ate the cake a year later & it was just as great, def. recommend!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I absolutely LOVED our wedding cake by Hudson Cakery. It was the whole package: affordable, delicious, and beautifully crafted. Jennifer also provided excellent service. It was so fun to go to the shop with my fiancé and mother to taste all their amazing favors! After the tasting, we decided on their most popular cake (chocolate with cookies & cream) because it was so delicious. The top of the cake (for the groom and I to keep) was carrot with cream cheese frosting (I can't wait until our first anniversary to eat it).

In regards to the design, Jennifer assured us that they could do pretty much whatever we wanted, so I sketched out what I wanted the cake to look like on paper and shared a few photos from my Pinterest page. I was so afraid of how it would come out because this was a completely original design, but I was so happy to see it come to life - it was exactly how I imagined it. Everyone was so impressed and took photos of it all night.

If you're looking for great taste and quality at a reasonable price, take a trip out to Weehawken and try their cake for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Valerie, 5/30/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jenn's cakes are by far the best I have ever had! She created a gorgeous (and delicious) cupcake display for my wedding. A the end of the night (and after everyone ran to take some home with them) we were only left with about a dozen cupcakes!

Profile Picture Tara, 4/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great service and an absolutely amazing cake; truly unique!

Profile Picture User4613418, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

It has been exactly one month since my wedding and I am not exaggerating when I say that I still have friends telling me that my cake was the best wedding cake they've ever had! (Chocolate Cake with Oreo Buttercream filling)

On top of the quality of the cake, Jenn (the head cake designer), is a doll and such a pleasure to work with. She brought my vision to life and took my budget into full consideration.

I recommend Hudson Cakery with the utmost confidence that anyone who uses them for their event will be 110% satisfied with the results!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Jennifer at the Hudson Cakery was absolutely amazing! My wife and I had a wonderful tasting and let Jennifer know the style of cake we were interested in. We gave her a basic idea of what we wanted but really left the design up to her. When we saw it for the first time displayed on the table at our wedding, we were absolutely in love with it. It was so elegant and beautiful and we could not have asked for a better cake. She was also extremely professional to work with, very flexible, very responsive and the cake itself was a great value (especially compared to the prices in NYC and elsewhere in the area). If you are looking for a wonderful wedding cake and a great vendor to work with, look no further than Jennifer and The Hudson Cakery! Oh, and her cakes are absolutely delicious!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Daniel, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Didn't look as I expected and taste wasn't as good like in the cake tasting but it still looked nice and tasted pretty good.

Profile Picture User3486583, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews