The House of Makeup Reviews

124 | Sayville, NY

124 Reviews for The House of Makeup

124 The House of Makeup Reviews

Kim Laroche · Married on 10/14/2018

Will book for every event

Was beyond thrilled with the entire process from booking to the day or my wedding. Couldn’t have been happier

The House of Makeup 1
    The House of Makeup 2

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

I could not be happier with The House of Makeup!!! They are truly amazing! I first inquired with them when I found out they would send a team of people on my wedding day (which was important to me). Victoria will be the person you talk to when you are booking/have questions/want to schedule your trial. She is so sweet and so responsive! Then, at my trial, I truly realized how phenomenal they are. They make you and your bridesmaids look flawless! I had Crissy do my hair and makeup and she is just so amazing - a true artist (and fun to talk to while you're getting ready on your big day!). I have very thin hair and she somehow got a full set of extensions (which I ordered from The House of Makeup) in my hair and it looked so natural! Brianna, Gina and Akiyo did my bridesmaids' hair and makeup and they were all so happy with how they looked!! Usually, the focus is on the bride, not the bridesmaids, but The House of Makeup makes sure everyone looks gorgeous! I booked the touch up services expecting that someone would touch me up once before and once after my ceremony. Boy was I wrong - Akiyo stayed with me all day! She was such a trooper! She put my veil in, calmed my nerves prior to my first look, helped with my train all day, she came to the Montauk Lighthouse with us (where it was freezing and windy) and fixed my veil and makeup while we took pictures, she re-did my hair (because of all the wind) before my ceremony, touched me up after the ceremony and was there throughout the whole day. That was way more than I expected and it was just so nice! I could go on and on - The House of Makeup is the best!!

The House of Makeup 3
    The House of Makeup 4
    The House of Makeup 5
    The House of Makeup 6
    The House of Makeup 7
    The House of Makeup 8
    The House of Makeup 9

kristen · Married on 07/27/2018

Obsessed! I literally could not be happier with how my makeup came out, and all of my girls said the same. And for your bridal party: airbrush/lashes included for $100 - can’t beat it!. Every MUA that works there is unreal.

Angelic · Married on 06/23/2018

House of Makeup truly worked their magic on myself and all of my bridesmaids and family! Each and every person’s hair and makeup was flawless and everyone was beyond happy. I consider myself to be particular and I loved every single detail of my hair and makeup. There was so much attention to detail and it made for a great start to the day!

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2018

I felt absolutely beautiful each time Crissy did my makeup. She tweaked my trials based on my feedback and nailed it! I’ve never felt more beautiful in my life. Each and every person a team my wedding complimented my makeup and the amazing job Crissy did! The House of Makeup staff was extremely professional and made each of the bridesmaids and my mother look stunning! I can’t wait for the next event so I can use The House of Makeup staff again!

The House of Makeup 10
    The House of Makeup 11
    The House of Makeup 12

Beccah · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the House of Makeup. Crissy and her team are such an amazingly talented group of women. From my bridal trial to my wedding day, they listened to my ideas, shared helpful suggestions, and made sure I felt and looked my absolute best on wedding day! Not only was I thrilled with their services, but I also wanted to become best friends with them. Crissy put me at ease on my wedding day (I had nervous jitters because it was rainy and cold) and made me look fabulous so nothing else mattered. She even went so far as to give me recommendations for our honeymoon and contact a friend she had who worked at the hotel we were staying at in Positano. Truthfully, I wish I could visit their studio on a weekly basis just to hang out with them. This group of women is so much more than a team of makeup artists and hair stylists-- they are a dream to work with and you know that you are in SUCH capable hands when working with them. I would highly recommend you make the House of Makeup part of your special day!!

Briana · Married on 05/25/2018

Crissy and her team are absolutely amazing from the minute you speak with them and book your appointment until the conclusion of your wedding. They respond quickly to any questions you may have. Her team is beyond talented, honest and very knowledgeable! I would highly recommend them to anyone for their special day!

The House of Makeup 13
    The House of Makeup 20
    The House of Makeup 21
    The House of Makeup 22

Michele · Married on 05/12/2018

Crissy Rose is absolutely amazing! She provides beautiful expertise and is so personable and fun. She knows and understands exactly what you want and makes it a reality. Everyone who saw her work from my wedding wants to book with her! My sister booked her for her wedding right after mine. Not to mention her coworkers are amazing as well. More than satisfied. Would book her again in a heart beat for any future event.

The House of Makeup 23

Hilary · Married on 04/28/2018

Crissy and the House of Makeup Team were absolutely fabulous and I would highly recommend them to any bride. Not only did they produce the best makeup and hair I have ever seen but they were all so professional, kind and easy and wonderful to work with. Hiring House of Makeup is a decision you will not regret - just make sure you do it early because they book up fast, which is a testament to how good they are :)

The House of Makeup 24
    The House of Makeup 25

Kayla · Married on 04/21/2018

I worked with Crissy and Victoria for about a year before my wedding (trials and booking). Every time I had a question, even if it were the simplest, one of the girls emailed or called within 24 hours. The House of Makeup's responsiveness and professionalism went above and beyond to make me, my mom, my sisters and my bridesmaids HAPPY AND BEAUTIFUL. On our wedding day, Crissy, Alyssa, Aiyko and Gina worked together for many hours to ensure we all felt our best. I could not recommend The House of Makeup enough from their hair and eyelash extensions to their sweet conversations and of course efficiency during touch up services (Thank you Alyssa!!!). Even now, almost 7 weeks after our wedding, I still love catching up with The House of Makeup on social media... we will absolutely be using their services for any of our upcoming events!! THANK YOU GIRLS <3 xoxo!!

The House of Makeup 26
    The House of Makeup 27
    The House of Makeup 28
    The House of Makeup 29

rohaneh · Married on 12/17/2017

Chrissy the owner did my hair and makeup for both my bridal shower and wedding. I cannot say enough how professional al kind and a pleasure it was to have her be an integral part of my wedding day. She listened to all my concerns and did exactly what I asked for and more. I will definitely be going back to Chrissy for future events. Apart from her professionalism her staff was also very kind and attentive they answered all my calls and emails and were very helpful when I cancelled and rescheduled my trial appointment several times. Thank you again to Chrissy and all her staff at The House of Makeup. You made my day that more special and made me feel like a queen in my special day.

Jess · Married on 12/08/2017

Crissy and Akiyo were absolutely amazing! They did mine and my bridal party's hair for my wedding day, and they could not have been more professional and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to any bride!

rachel · Married on 10/21/2017

House of makeup did my bridal look and hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, MOB, and MOG. They are wonderful to work with and did an amazing job! My hair and makeup stayed all day and was so perfect for my wedding day! They know how to make a bride look and feel her best on her big day! They even helped place my veil and did touch ups before they left to ensure I looked my best. Everyone else who got their hair and makeup done loved their looks and felt they really listened to what they wanted instead of giving them the standard "bridesmaid" look. I cannot recomend them enough!

Cambria · Married on 10/17/2017

I am truly grateful I found Crissy and her team with House of Makeup. Two months before my wedding, they were able to accommodate me for my hair/makeup trial. The House of Makeup studio in Sayville is so cute and well decorated :) I was so happy with my results and decided to book them for my wedding day. I am so glad I finally found them because it was getting to be very difficult to find a company that did BOTH hair and makeup that would travel to the Hamptons for an affordable price. When the wedding day came, I had a team of 3 hair/makeup artists and they ALL did a fabulous job on my bridesmaids, mother in law, mother, and flower girl. Everyone was so pleased with their hair and makeup!!! I especially, could not have asked for a more perfect turnout. I decided to wear my hair down, instead of an up-do (which I did during the trial). I knew I was taking a risk by changing my mind last minute, but Alyssa did exactly what I had imagined in my head!!!! It was a dream come true!!! In hindsight, I do wish I had listened to them and purchased the touchups, as my hair fell flat during beach photos. Not their fault, only my own, but definitely recommend it to anyone considering whether or not to purchase touchups - it is SO worth it. It was an oddly humid beach day in November! All in all, I would give them a million stars if I could. They truly made my day so special and made me feel like a princess bride :) Thank you House of Makeup!

Marissa · Married on 09/16/2017

If you want to look like an absolute goddess on your wedding day, do not hesitate to call Crissy at The House of Makeup. She is a hair and makeup genius. Not only is she extremely talented, she is the loveliest lady out there and has become a good friend. I cannot thank her enough for making me feel like a movie star on the day of my wedding. I received a ton of compliments on my hair and makeup and that was all thanks to Crissy!
    I have also had my makeup done by her staff and they are equally as amazing! Also, her office assistant is very organized, efficient and easy to work with.
    I cannot thank you enough for all the love you put into making my vision come to life. Couldn't have done it without you!

Meredith · Married on 09/16/2017

I would have Crissy do my hair + makeup every day if I could!! My look was PERFECTION and I have never felt more beautiful. Every bride needs Crissy on her wedding day!!!

I don’t even know where to start with how amazing Crissy and the House of Makeup team were for my wedding day...I could not be happier that I found them!! From the moment I met Crissy at my trial, I knew my look was going to be incredible. Making so many decisions around your wedding can be so overwhelming but I left her glam studio with such a sense of relief that I had found exactly what I wanted for hair + makeup.

I was obsessed with her style from the start and knew I was in great hands. Crissy is so warm, kind, and epitome of GLAM! She understood the aesthetic I was going for immediately. I felt like I was hanging with an old friend as we did my trial for hair + makeup in her studio - which is the cutest glam house!

On the morning of my wedding, the weather was not cooperating with my plan for a beach ceremony. Crissy dealt with my nerves, and throughout the process put me at ease. The whole team was equally fun and professional. My bridesmaids, MOB, and MOG could not believe how amazing they looked. Everyone was so accommodating and easy to work with. They were extremely efficient: showed up early, were clean and neat in the bridal suite - these little details seem silly but help the bride + bridal party focus on the day instead of the details.

Crissy/House of Makeup team do the best work, when I look back at my pictures I am blown away by how beautiful she made me look and feel!!

The House of Makeup 30
    The House of Makeup 31
    The House of Makeup 32
    The House of Makeup 33

Kristin · Married on 09/02/2017

Chrissy and her team are amazing!!!! They made me and my bridesmaids feel and look beautiful on the big day! They were fun and easy to work with and makeup lasted ALL day and night

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2017

The house of makeup team was amazing! Chrissy and her team did an incredible job at creating perfect looks for my bridesmaids and moms. There was not a single complaint everyone loved their hair and makeup! I also booked event touch ups with Chrissy which was the best decision I made for my wedding. Having her by my side during pictures to fix my hair and makeup was so convenient! She truly is amazing at what she does and such a professional.

julia · Married on 08/04/2017

I found house of makeup here on wedding wire and I instantly fell in love with the style and glam that Crissy and the house of makeup girls provide via their website. I can't say enough how happy I was with everything and how beautiful I felt for the entire day. I have never been more pleased with my makeup and I have been in a lot of weddings, luckily this was for my own wedding. Any time I have friends who are asking for makeup and hair vendors for their wedding I have and will continue to tell them about house of makeup! Thank you so much again!!!

stephanie · Married on 07/21/2017

If I could give Crissy a million stars I would. Her work is amazing. She did my hair and makeup for my big day, and I could not have felt anymore beautiful. All of my bridesmaids, maid of honor and mom were so happy with their hair and makeup as well. I used Crissy's touch up services and had her stay till after the ceremony - SO WORTH IT. In addition, Crissy's personality is very calming to be around, especially on a day as important as your wedding.

Jennifer · Married on 06/30/2017

Crissy and her team did an outstanding job on me and my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding. I did multiple trials with makeup artists around Long Island and they were by far the most talented, professional and suited to do "photography perfect/glamed up" bridal makeup. Crissy was so patient when I went for three makeup trials with her- always listening and tweaking based upon what I would tell her. In the end, I told her to do what she thinks looks best on me and I was floored with the result. Save yourself three trials and give her free reign on the first try!

Really counting down the days until my next event where I can have them make me feel like my most beautiful self again. Thank you, Crissy and The House of Makeup! Xx

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2017

Crissy and her team were amazing on my wedding day. She made sure I was happy and went above and beyond for me. I will keep going to her for special occasions!

Allison · Married on 04/22/2017

I got married on 4/22 (a day wedding which means getting make up done veryyyy early which Crissy made a breeze) and am so thankful that I chose to use Crissy to do me, my mom and my sister's makeup for the event. She truly is a makeup genius and I received so many compliments during the event! I felt so beautiful and my makeup looked gorgeous not only in person but in pictures. I couldn't imagine having anyone else do my makeup and am so grateful for Crissy for making me look gorgeous! In addition, she made my sister and mom look incredibly stunning too! I would 110% recommend The House of Makeup to anyone needing to have makeup for any event. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

katie · Married on 04/14/2017

Using The House of Makeup for my wedding day was one of the best decisions i made throughout the entire planning process. My hair and makeup were both flawless and all of my bridesmaids looked stunning. I felt like a princess all day/night and that had a lot to do with how perfect my hair and makeup was. If i could give one piece of advice to brides to be, it would be to do hair and makeup trials BEFORE you book! I had two trials before finding The House of Makeup and both were awful. I would've been extremely disappointed if i had just booked them without doing a trial first. The House of Makeup was my third beauty trial, and Crissy NAILED IT. She understood exactly what i wanted and made my vision come to life. On my wedding day, she went above and beyond for me; focusing on every detail and consulting me throughout so I looked exactly how i wanted. I cannot say enough great things about Crissy and her team. They are all talented, friendly, punctual and made the morning of the wedding stress free. I will be recommending The House of Makeup to all of my bride-to-be friends :)