112 Reviews for The House of Makeup

Multi. Stylists (1)
Blowouts (1)
Natural Makeup (1)
103 The House of Makeup Reviews

Crissy and the House of Makeup Team were absolutely fabulous and I would highly recommend them to any bride. Not only did they produce the best makeup and hair I have ever seen but they were all so professional, kind and easy and wonderful to work with. Hiring House of Makeup is a decision you will not regret - just make sure you do it early because they book up fast, which is a testament to how good they are :)

Profile Picture Hilary, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Chrissy the owner did my hair and makeup for both my bridal shower and wedding. I cannot say enough how professional al kind and a pleasure it was to have her be an integral part of my wedding day. She listened to all my concerns and did exactly what I asked for and more. I will definitely be going back to Chrissy for future events. Apart from her professionalism her staff was also very kind and attentive they answered all my calls and emails and were very helpful when I cancelled and rescheduled my trial appointment several times. Thank you again to Chrissy and all her staff at The House of Makeup. You made my day that more special and made me feel like a queen in my special day.

Profile Picture rohaneh, 12/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Crissy and Akiyo were absolutely amazing! They did mine and my bridal party's hair for my wedding day, and they could not have been more professional and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to any bride!

Profile Picture Jess, 12/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

House of makeup did my bridal look and hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, MOB, and MOG. They are wonderful to work with and did an amazing job! My hair and makeup stayed all day and was so perfect for my wedding day! They know how to make a bride look and feel her best on her big day! They even helped place my veil and did touch ups before they left to ensure I looked my best. Everyone else who got their hair and makeup done loved their looks and felt they really listened to what they wanted instead of giving them the standard "bridesmaid" look. I cannot recomend them enough!

Profile Picture rachel, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I am truly grateful I found Crissy and her team with House of Makeup. Two months before my wedding, they were able to accommodate me for my hair/makeup trial. The House of Makeup studio in Sayville is so cute and well decorated :) I was so happy with my results and decided to book them for my wedding day. I am so glad I finally found them because it was getting to be very difficult to find a company that did BOTH hair and makeup that would travel to the Hamptons for an affordable price. When the wedding day came, I had a team of 3 hair/makeup artists and they ALL did a fabulous job on my bridesmaids, mother in law, mother, and flower girl. Everyone was so pleased with their hair and makeup!!! I especially, could not have asked for a more perfect turnout. I decided to wear my hair down, instead of an up-do (which I did during the trial). I knew I was taking a risk by changing my mind last minute, but Alyssa did exactly what I had imagined in my head!!!! It was a dream come true!!! In hindsight, I do wish I had listened to them and purchased the touchups, as my hair fell flat during beach photos. Not their fault, only my own, but definitely recommend it to anyone considering whether or not to purchase touchups - it is SO worth it. It was an oddly humid beach day in November! All in all, I would give them a million stars if I could. They truly made my day so special and made me feel like a princess bride :) Thank you House of Makeup!

Profile Picture Cambria, 10/17/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If you want to look like an absolute goddess on your wedding day, do not hesitate to call Crissy at The House of Makeup. She is a hair and makeup genius. Not only is she extremely talented, she is the loveliest lady out there and has become a good friend. I cannot thank her enough for making me feel like a movie star on the day of my wedding. I received a ton of compliments on my hair and makeup and that was all thanks to Crissy!
I have also had my makeup done by her staff and they are equally as amazing! Also, her office assistant is very organized, efficient and easy to work with.
I cannot thank you enough for all the love you put into making my vision come to life. Couldn't have done it without you!

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Chrissy and her team are amazing!!!! They made me and my bridesmaids feel and look beautiful on the big day! They were fun and easy to work with and makeup lasted ALL day and night

Profile Picture Kristin , 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

The house of makeup team was amazing! Chrissy and her team did an incredible job at creating perfect looks for my bridesmaids and moms. There was not a single complaint everyone loved their hair and makeup! I also booked event touch ups with Chrissy which was the best decision I made for my wedding. Having her by my side during pictures to fix my hair and makeup was so convenient! She truly is amazing at what she does and such a professional.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I found house of makeup here on wedding wire and I instantly fell in love with the style and glam that Crissy and the house of makeup girls provide via their website. I can't say enough how happy I was with everything and how beautiful I felt for the entire day. I have never been more pleased with my makeup and I have been in a lot of weddings, luckily this was for my own wedding. Any time I have friends who are asking for makeup and hair vendors for their wedding I have and will continue to tell them about house of makeup! Thank you so much again!!!

Profile Picture julia, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

If I could give Crissy a million stars I would. Her work is amazing. She did my hair and makeup for my big day, and I could not have felt anymore beautiful. All of my bridesmaids, maid of honor and mom were so happy with their hair and makeup as well. I used Crissy's touch up services and had her stay till after the ceremony - SO WORTH IT. In addition, Crissy's personality is very calming to be around, especially on a day as important as your wedding.

Profile Picture stephanie , 7/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Crissy and her team did an outstanding job on me and my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding. I did multiple trials with makeup artists around Long Island and they were by far the most talented, professional and suited to do "photography perfect/glamed up" bridal makeup. Crissy was so patient when I went for three makeup trials with her- always listening and tweaking based upon what I would tell her. In the end, I told her to do what she thinks looks best on me and I was floored with the result. Save yourself three trials and give her free reign on the first try!

Really counting down the days until my next event where I can have them make me feel like my most beautiful self again. Thank you, Crissy and The House of Makeup! Xx

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crissy and her team were amazing on my wedding day. She made sure I was happy and went above and beyond for me. I will keep going to her for special occasions!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married on 4/22 (a day wedding which means getting make up done veryyyy early which Crissy made a breeze) and am so thankful that I chose to use Crissy to do me, my mom and my sister's makeup for the event. She truly is a makeup genius and I received so many compliments during the event! I felt so beautiful and my makeup looked gorgeous not only in person but in pictures. I couldn't imagine having anyone else do my makeup and am so grateful for Crissy for making me look gorgeous! In addition, she made my sister and mom look incredibly stunning too! I would 110% recommend The House of Makeup to anyone needing to have makeup for any event. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup

Using The House of Makeup for my wedding day was one of the best decisions i made throughout the entire planning process. My hair and makeup were both flawless and all of my bridesmaids looked stunning. I felt like a princess all day/night and that had a lot to do with how perfect my hair and makeup was. If i could give one piece of advice to brides to be, it would be to do hair and makeup trials BEFORE you book! I had two trials before finding The House of Makeup and both were awful. I would've been extremely disappointed if i had just booked them without doing a trial first. The House of Makeup was my third beauty trial, and Crissy NAILED IT. She understood exactly what i wanted and made my vision come to life. On my wedding day, she went above and beyond for me; focusing on every detail and consulting me throughout so I looked exactly how i wanted. I cannot say enough great things about Crissy and her team. They are all talented, friendly, punctual and made the morning of the wedding stress free. I will be recommending The House of Makeup to all of my bride-to-be friends :)

Profile Picture katie, 4/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crissy did mine and 3 of my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding. Not only is she amazingly talented, she is sweet, down to earth and someone I loved sharing moments of my wedding day with! Crissy was able to create 4 completely different looks that not only photographed amazing, But lasted for HOURS while looking untouched. All 4 of us went with airbrush foundation and we looked and felt incredible from 10 am to 2 am. Crissy gave us each exactly what we were looking for and I am so grateful she was our makeup artist!

Darcy

Profile Picture Darcy, 1/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Hair and makeup should not be an aspect of your wedding that you cut costs with. I used Crissy for my wedding for makeup and it was eaaily the best decision I made. My makeup stayed all night and I felt like the most beautiful version of myself. After your wedding day has come and gone,all that remains is your photos and video and I know I look incredible in both, all thanks to The House of Makeup.

Profile Picture Darcy, 1/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crissy and her team did my hair styling on my wedding day as well as my bridesmaids and everything looked absolutely beautiful! I went for a trial in the adorable studio in Sayville a month before the wedding and Crissy did multiple hair styles for me to make sure I was completely happy and satisfied with my hair look. She is super helpful and sweet, suggesting different style options and taking photos of the looks from all angles to make sure everything was 100%. I also had snow the morning of my wedding day and was worried about timing of the day, but her and her team were there a few minutes early getting everything setup and ready to go. They also stayed and waited for me to be dressed and ready so they could help with my veil and any last minute touch ups! I could not have been happier with the way my hair looked for my wedding day and did not feel stressed or worried at all beforehand knowing I was using the House of Makeup! We also used them for my sister's wedding the year before and they delivered the same beautiful results! The House of Makeup is 5 star- consistently beautiful work, reliable, fun and friendly!! Thank you again Crissy and team for everything!! Xoxo, Susan

Profile Picture Susan, 12/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling

Crissy and her team were amazing!! I cant wait to use the House of Makeup again in the future!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Crissy was fantastic! She helped with not only hair and makeup, but with my pictures as well. She was very professional and organized for the day of the wedding. Her whole team had my bridal party looking absolutely gorgeous and we were even ahead of schedule!

Profile Picture User4685815, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I loved The House of Makeup! I used them for my shower and my wedding. Crissy and her team were phenomenal:)

Profile Picture Gina, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

If you book anyone besides the House of Makeup, you are making a HUGE mistake because they truly are the BEST you'll find! Crissy and her team were absolutely AMAZING! I used Crissy for both my engagement shoot and my bridal shower before the big day and got so many compliments on my hair and makeup. The day of my wedding, she did an absolutely spectacular job and I looked even better than I ever could have dreamed I would look on my wedding day! My photos look so amazing and I have her to thank for that! All of my bridesmaids and my mom and stepmom also used the House of Makeup for their hair and makeup. I had a couple of girls who were not sure they wanted to have their makeup done, but after seeing me and some of the other girls get it done, they were completely sold on doing it! Crissy and her team are professional, courteous, and have great attention to detail. Any requests or suggestions my girls had, they followed and were happy to accommodate. Two weeks later, people are still asking me who did my hair and makeup for my wedding because of what a great job they did!

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

I loved my makeup from
Chrissy! She was amazing!!

Profile Picture Josephine, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crissy and her glam squad are a must have for your special day! I was in a bridal party a couple years ago and Crissy and The House of Makeup did makeup on over 12 girls. Everyone looked flawless so I knew she was a must have on my special day. They travel to your location and they are so professional. They did everyone's hair and makeup with extra time to spare. There was nothing to worry about knowing they were there.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

What can I say about Crissy..? Phenomenal, fun, responsive, talented, friendly, prompt.. I could go on and on. I used The House of Makeup for a photoshoot that my fiancee and I did in NYC. (We live in California, but are getting married in NYC) I used this photoshoot as my opportunity to work with Crissy since this is a destination wedding for us. Crissy was totally on board with this and I'm so happy I went with Crissy for this. Crissy spoke with me on the phone multiple times with all my questions and concerns and always was there to problem solve and answer all my questions. From the moment I spoke on the phone with her, I knew I made the right decision. My photoshoot was very early in the morning and on labor day. Crissy got to our hotel early, 3:30am, and started working right away! She was so nice and easy to talk that it made the early morning not even a big deal. She did my hair and makeup and everything turned out beautifully! My hair and makeup lasted the WHOLE DAY! I received compliments all day! Once I got the proofs from the photoshoot I got even more excited to work with Crissy because the photo came out great! I can't wait to work with Crissy and her team for the big day!! :)

Profile Picture jackie, 9/2/16, 4 Reviews