31 Reviews for The Hometown Chef Catering Co.

4.7
Cash Bar (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
30 The Hometown Chef Catering Co. Reviews

Tiffany and Chef Julio are awesome! We wanted a custom menu for our wedding and they were more than accommodating to create exactly what we wanted our guests to experience. Their creativity and quality of food is out of this world. Thank you so much for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Alissa, 1/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were very pleased with the catering from The HomeTown Chef at our Rotary Event.

Profile Picture Susan, 6/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I used The Hometown Chef for an event of about 50+ people over the weekend, and I couldn't be happier with them!! The food was amazing and we received numerous compliments on the taste, presentation and creativity of the items served (you HAVE to try their Cowboy Meatball)!!
They were on-time, professional and seamless in their prep and execution.
HIGHLY recommended!

Profile Picture Chuck , 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food was amazing! All my guests really loved it. Hometown Chef even made special dishes for my vegan and gluten free friends. If you want exceptional service and food for a great price, Hometown Chef is the way to go.

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We couldn't have been happier with The Hometown Chef. They handled the food and bar service for our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Reception. Everything was PERFECT and our guests are still raving about how wonderful everything was. Thank you so much THC!!

Profile Picture Catherine, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I would highly recommend this catering company. Tiffany is great to work with and the food is amazing! They are very helpful in deciding what it is that you want to serve at your wedding! Everything turned out perfect the day of!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

The food and service was wonderful! As the bride I never had to lift a finger the whole night! All the wedding guest were very pleased with everything. We will be using The Hometown Chef for future events! Thank you guys so much!

Profile Picture Jerrika, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Check them out and chat with them and you will be sold on using Hometown Chef. They are down to earth, yet their service and food are professional, delicious and worth the money. They are very easy to work with and have great ideas when asked for them.

Profile Picture Jadi, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Hometown chef was first class and most certainly 5 star! I got so many compliments on how incredible our wedding food was. They met every request of mine and made everything over-the-top and elegant! They were very attentive throughout the whole process and made certain everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Nikki, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From the first time speaking with Jen, she provided us with amazing ideas and great service. The food was amazing and they went above and beyond since the venue was new for them. They set up venue meeting and connected with them so that our day went smoothly. The food was amazing and we were able to customize what we wanted on our menu! Would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Hunter , 3/12/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Hometown Chef Catering Co. really went above and beyond for our catering needs. From the moment I first spoke to them to the day of our wedding, I was happy with our decision to go with this company. Our alcohol caterer didn't even say anything to me, but Tiffany walked right up to talk to me, say hello, and make sure I didn't have anything on my dress. She also made sure we were taken care of in line and got us food. She checked on us throughout the night (and not in an annoying way). The food was great and the price was excellent. I highly recommend them and will use them again for any caterer events. I also loved that the costs were told to me upfront. I didn't get a surprise "management fee" like at other places.

Profile Picture Kristi, 2/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Great Wedding, food was wonderful everyone was very happy

Profile Picture Ann, 11/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Hometown Chief is amazing. Chief Julio was amazing. Having lived in Puerto Rico for several years, I knew that it was meant to be when we found him. The tostones were a big hit with the guests — so much so that I didn’t get to try any of them.

When picking our dinner, there was a wide variety of things to choose from and plenty of flexibility to customize the menu. Any questions I had were addressed immediately and the food was all deliciously prepared. I can’t say enough for the filet carving station. If I hadn’t been so busy doing wedding things, I would have piled a plate up with those silver dollar rolls and hidden myself in some corner to enjoy them. The staff were all very professional and made sure that we were taken care of at all times.

Profile Picture Carissa, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Latin American, Spanish

HTC offers great, communicative service and great food. I highly recommend them for weddings!
I selected their buffet option, and guests commented that the food was delicious and still hot. We were very impressed with their service before, during, and after the event. The owner is very hands-on and truly cares about the bride's (couple's) & guests' experience.

Profile Picture Heather, 10/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Set Up

I used the Hometown Chef for my wedding back in October and my husband and I couldn't have been more pleased! Tiffany was so communicative and great on helping us trying to stick to our budget. She was always available for questions and answered back fast. The food was great, all of our guest loved it and complimented it. I wouldn't have chose anywhere else to have catered our wedding!

Al'Anoud Olmstead

Profile Picture Al'anoud, 10/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Hometown Chef was incredible! Love the food and the people!

Profile Picture Mayleen, 6/20/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used The Hometown Chef for a formal reception at a downtown Houston venue for 75 guests. I was very confident from the moment we booked that all would be well. Jennifer communicated every detail of what to expect from the staff and patiently and quickly answered every question I had. The day of the event I had no worries and was extremely pleased with the staff, the food, and the clean up. Our guests loved the food. The Mediterranean Salad was beautiful and the hot foods were hot and delicious! Everything was gluten free except the rolls and dessert. Food was plentiful and the dessert was good too. I look forward to having an occasion to use The Hometown Chef in the future. The value of the food was excellent and the peace of mind priceless.

Profile Picture Peggy, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Hometown chef was a wonderful catering company for my wedding. Tiffany and Jessica communicated with me on a regular basis to make sure my food and beverage choices were just right. They also were very flexible with the timeline to provide a final guest count, and that saved us a good deal of money. The staff on my wedding day was wonderful! All of my guests complimented the food and the service. The mashed potato bar was a huge hit, and I know everyone was satisfied with their meals. I would absolutely recommend The Hometown chef to all of my friends.

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used the Hometown Chef for my sisters bridal shower as part of the exclusive package they have with The Overlook.

Tiffany was nice and extremely flexible with us and we greatly appreciated her going above and beyond so we could use that lovely venue.

Profile Picture User4976105, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used them for our rehearsal dinner and the bar for our wedding. Loved Jennifer, she's so helpful!

Profile Picture User4942335, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

There aren't words to describe how awesome The Hometown Chef is! Chef Julio is absolutely amazing and Tiffany is simply a joy to work with!! They always went out of their way to make sure I felt comfortable with each decision that I needed to make.

Not only that, but the food was AMAZING! For our wedding, we chose to do food stations. We had a BBQ Slider station with brisket and pulled pork, a macaroni and cheese bar with incredible topping options, and a quesadilla bar with chicken and beef. We got a ton of complements on each of these, they were awesome!

Profile Picture Krista, 8/2/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Loved that they served us our plates before our guests and we didn't have to worry about that. We had more time to mingle! The bar staff was fabulous! All of our guest love the food. We went with the Italian Buffet.

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything was perfect! The food and beverages were outstanding!!

Profile Picture User4864966, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food at our event was awesome! We had even asked for custom items not on their regular menu and they were very accommodating. The staff working our event were very professional and made sure we were 100% taken care of throughout the day. Each associated introduced themselves, let me know what they were taking care, and had a very intuitive service style.

Profile Picture User2574220, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American