The Holly Farm Reviews

50 Reviews for The Holly Farm

• Amanda

Amanda G. · Married on 08/31/2019

The best experience

It's hard to even put into words how amazing The Holly Farm is. From the moment Susan and Gus greeted us through the entire weekend it felt like we were able to completely disconnect from the rest of the world at The Holly Farm. Erin, Ryan and their whole team (that feels more like a family) make you feel so incredibly comfortable and like you don't have a thing to worry about, but enjoy your weekend. All of their recommendations from lawn games, to rehearsal dinner, and every wedding detail were incredible and so perfect! Erin and Ryan do an amazing job of recommending decor and all of the details to make your vision come to life. When you see the venue it is so insanely beautiful with the lush landscape of beautiful plants. The orchids are so striking and you can just see in how well maintained every detail is that it is really a labor of love for their family.

Everyone who attended our wedding has not stopped telling us how amazing it was and that it was the most fun, coolest venue they have ever been to! We LOVE The Holly Farm and are so thankful for Erin, Ryan, and the whole team that made our wedding dreams a reality!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Charlene

Charlene P. · Married on 06/29/2019

There are no words!

Dear Holly Farms Friends,
    This is a very long overdue email but one which absolutely needed to be sent. We are still reeling from the excitement and magical quality of our children's wedding (Lauren Peterson and Lukas Rahlsom) just over a month ago and most of that gorgeous magic came from YOU! When we were looking at venues for their wedding, each place made all sorts of promises in the hopes that we would select their venue for this special day. From experience, we know that many of these promises are either not heartfelt or although made with good intentions, simply never come to fruition. You told us to relax, to enjoy, to let go and allow you to take over all the stresses, anticipated and unexpected, on the day(s).

Was I skeptical? of course I was! I was mother of the bride and that is my job and right in life, but as the days of events began to unfold, I could feel the release of my stress as each question, concern, worry, was met head on and usually before I even had a moment to wonder. You and your staff went way above and beyond in a gracious and thoughtful manner. We were all comfortable, cared for, looked after, and treated with the respect that we could have only dreamed of. There was a lot to manage; the series of events, the food, the accommodation, the weather, the music, hair and makeup, photographers, flowers, but it all, and I mean 'all', went off without a hitch! There was not one single thing I can think of, that I would change. We had FUN! We RELAXED (and anyone who knows me, knows full well that that word is never linked to me and my personality, EVER!), We caught up with friends and family, I danced like no one was watching (thank goodness for that!) and we had the opportunity to soak up beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.

And we are not alone in our sentiments. Literally everyone we spoke with, said it was by far the best wedding they had ever attended. Why? Mostly because of the flow and the relaxed nature of the venue. No one ever felt rushed, hassled, herded, or uncomfortable in any way. The food was spectacular, the venue was beyond words ('paradise' was mentioned with regularity), the ability to just 'be' was what set this wedding apart from all others that we, or our guests, have attended. There was the ability and spaces to talk, without screaming over blaring music. There was time to enjoy dinner and appreciate dinner conversation without the internal battle of 'Ooh, I love this song, but if I get up to dance, will my dinner still be here when I return to my seat? or 'Everyone else is up dancing, but i don't want to dance so should I sit at this dinner table by myself and munch on my overcooked reheated semblance of food'? This may not seem like a major concern, but it is.

The ceremony was gorgeously choreographed in such a way, that there was room for sentimentality, individuality, laughter, joy, love, friendship and gratitude while, at the same time, making our guests feel involved and not just spectators at a sporting event. It was cozy, (like a big hug), it was comfortable and welcoming and the photos reflect the stunning ambiance of the mood and joyfulness of a blessed day.

Our children are thankfully very much in love and your venue served as the perfect introduction into a life filled with love, gratitude, sharing, embracing friends and family, joy, passion and the appreciation of comforting surroundings.

Thank you so much for all that you have given to Lauren and Lukas, us, our newly extended family and friends. The Holly Farms will forever stay in our hearts as the perfect example of how a great wedding can and should be done. The bar has certainly been set to a very high standard, but now we know what can and should be done to get it right (and where we can go for any future weddings we need to host!).

Eternally grateful,
    Charlene and Tim Peterson

Sent on 09/08/2019

Lucy S. · Married on 06/22/2019

The best decision you'll make

This venue is TRULY MAGICAL. We had the venue from Thursday to Sunday and it honestly still didn’t feel like enough. Once you step onto the property for your wedding weekend, you are taken care of. We didn’t have to worry about a single thing except celebrating with our loved ones. We hosted many activities and events at the Holly Farm (welcome dinner, game day, rehearsal dinner, ceremony/reception, and brunch) and everything went off without a hitch. Erin, Ryan, their parents, and the Holly Farm staff (Gus and Rosa deserve a special shout out) are incredible. They take everything you bring (pillows, photos, candles, etc.) and display them throughout the venue and then change the locations for the next day. Each event led seamlessly into the next and our guests were constantly in awe of every new location at The Holly Farm.

The Holly Farm has a tailored list of their preferred vendors, which made finding vendors a lot easier. Definitely go with Laughin’ Gal Floral (Amanda is amazing!) and DJ Antonio. With the exception of the caterer, you can also choose vendors not on the list. We chose our own photographer, The Goodness, and loved how the venue worked with our photographers to make sure everything went smoothly.

There will be times when you don’t hear back very quickly and it takes a while to get answers, but that is because their current wedding is their utmost priority, which I didn’t fully appreciate until my wedding weekend arrived. You truly cannot go wrong with this venue. The love and dedication the Moses family puts into this venue shows in every single interaction and their attention to every detail. We felt so taken care of and loved throughout the entire weekend. Once you choose this venue, everything else will fall into place.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Stephanie · Married on 07/21/2018

I just had my Dream Wedding at The Holly Farm!! From the moment I first walked in, I fell in love with both the breathtakingly beautiful venue and the adorable Moses family!! Everyone kept telling me it was the best wedding venue they have ever been to, and that they didn’t remember stepping off the plane. It is a tropical paradise right here in CA. There is beauty everywhere you look. Erin, Ryan, their parents and the entire Holly Farm staff were so flexible and accommodating, you can’t help but feel relaxed even on one of the most stressful days of your life. If I could do it all over again, I would choose Holly Farm in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Tuyen · Married on 07/20/2018

The Most Magical Place Ever
    Everything from our first tour to the the planning process to the actual wedding week was perfection. We could not have asked for a more welcoming family and staff. They truly catered to our every need. I was a bit nervous about not hiring a day of coordinator, as all of our friends recommended one but Erin and Ryan Moses went above and beyond what any coordinator could've done for us. Our guests were blown away at how special a place the Holly Farm is...even after spending 4 days on property, we were still discovering new nooks and crannies, each picture perfect.

I was also a bit nervous about not being able to go with my own catering company but La Creme blew us away. Our guests commented that ours was the best wedding food they've ever had. The wait staff was extremely attentive..no one left hungry and no glasses were left empty for too long.

We are already scheming for our next event at the Holly Farm...

Sent on 05/30/2018
  • Crysta

Crysta · Married on 10/07/2017

The Holly Farm is a hidden treasure amongst the hills of Carmel Valley. Nestled along a winding road it's easy to spot and just as easy to miss, but when you make the turn in magic unfolds before your eyes. The venue is like a secret garden with surprises sprinkled down every path. Tropical plants sprout along walkways, orchids peak out from the shadows and the trees stretch high to the skies. As the sun sets into night thousands of twinkling lights sparkle from branches all over and the place takes on a glow as if millions of small fireflies have suddenly arrived to partake in the festivities. This place is nearly indescribable, even the best photographers only scrape the surface in covering its magical beauty.

The Holly Farm is family owned and is run like a well oiled machine by the Moses Family and their impeccable staff. They are wedding and hospitality experts. From the planning of festivities to your stay, every detail is thoroughly covered and carefully considered. Our wedding here was an absolute dream.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Andrea · Married on 08/25/2017

I could write all day about the indescribable experience I just had at the Holly Farm! One of my bridesmaids said it best, "I challenge ANYONE to find a better venue". Everything from the location, to the staff, to the vendors they recommend is absolutely top notch. From the moment you walk on the property, all of your pre-wedding stress is immediately lifted by the incredible staff. I'm not sure I've ever felt a waive of relief like I did when I checked in for our wedding weekend. The day itself was absolutely flawless, but by having the property for an extended period of time, you truly get an experience that you and your guests will always remember. The fun lasted for 5 days straight!! Erin, Ryan, Doyle, Gus, Rosa, Sal, and Gus - you guys are the best! I'd say in the business, but there is no other business like The Holly Farm's. It will always deserve its own category, and it would still win every time! If you are searching for a Northern California venue, do yourself a favor and visit The Holly Farm! You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Jenna · Married on 08/12/2017

The MOST GORGEOUS venue you've ever seen! The one word that keeps coming to mind when I think of our wedding at the Holly Farm is "magical." If you are looking for a wedding venue that is truly unique and not your average ballroom or country club, the Holly Farm is absolutely the place for you! The Holly Farm is a tropical oasis, full of character, lush greenery, and vibrant flowers. If you book the Holly Farm as your venue, you have the entire property (including three houses on site) all to yourselves! You literally have to see it to believe it; I've never seen a more stunning and enchanting venue!

The Holly Farm really comes alive at night - you can see the twinkling lights in the trees and paper lanterns glowing throughout the property. There are so many different nooks at the Holly Farm - one guest described the Holly Farm as "a place for so many activities!" We set up a cigar and whiskey bar (in addition to the regular bars), a candy buffet for the guests as they left the party, oh and we had a late-night nacho station that our guests absolutely devoured! Our guests were literally awestruck by how AMAZING the Holly Farm is! No one wanted to leave!

One thing that really drew us to this venue is that you can have all of the wedding-related festivities at the Holly Farm: a welcome BBQ, the rehearsal dinner, and brunch the morning after the wedding! My bridal party had such a wonderful time all staying together at the houses on property too! The party literally doesn't stop here; it is 3 or 4 full days of wedding bliss! The real icing on the cake is the Moses family - Erin, Ryan and everyone else at the Holly Farm are the most incredible people. We wanted to stay forever! Thank you to the Moses family for such a beautiful and meaningful wedding; we feel so blessed!
    Love,
    The Crawfords

Sent on 09/04/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2017

My husband Blake and I got married at the Holly Farm in late May 2017 and needless to say, it will go down in history as the best weekend not only in our lives, but for our family and guests as well. The Moses family (Erin, Ryan, Doyle, and Mary) and all of the support staff could not have made the experience more magical for everyone involved. They knew even our guests by name by the end of the weekend! Their guidance, expertise, support, recommendations (from photographers to catering menus to displays to weekend flow... oh my, the list goes on!) blew us away and made the weekend truly unforgettable. Two of my personal favorite memories - the outstanding brilliance and setup of the scotch bar (this was a true crowd favorite - almost made my dad miss our father daughter dance and also prompted a family friend to claim he saw God after drinking a 34yr old scotch) and secondly my husband who refused to take off his wedding suit until hours after we left the Holly Farm the day after the wedding. NO ONE wanted the weekend to end. No one wanted to say good bye to the Holly Farm. I not only recommend this place for your wedding or your special event. It is an absolute MUST. Thank you team Moses for making 2017 a year we will never forget!

Sent on 12/16/2017

June · Married on 04/22/2017

Amazing Venue and organization, professionals, detail on every step, great people!! I really can't say enough!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

James · Married on 05/07/2016

We could not possibly speak more highly of our amazing wedding at The Holly Farm.
    When we started looking at venues back in 2015 we wanted something that allowed for our wedding to be an entire weekend of love with ample time to spend with our friends and family. We looked at venues with lodging from Mendocino to Big Sur, but when we saw The Holly Farm we knew in an instant this was our place. The space is incredible, dripping with orchids, gorgeous greenery, fruit trees and flowers. The thoughtful detail the Moses family has put into curating the space is inspiring. The space manages to be impeccably designed and landscaped while simultaneously homey, warm and welcoming. It is clear that The Holly Farm is a real labor of love, and this love touches upon everything they do.
    The venue really is a family affair. The Moses family: Doyle, Mary, Erin and Ryan are with you from your first tour of the property, though the entire planning process and of course during your actual wedding weekend. As a bonus, there is no need to hire an outside wedding planner or wedding coordinator at The Holly Farm. The Moses' know their property, wedding planning and production like the back of their own hands.
    The Holly Farm doesn't have many rules and requirements. Really, the only requirements are that you use their preferred caterer La Crème, and switch to the slightly less loud sound system at 9pm. The sound system rule is due to a city wide sound ordinance. Don't worry, the sound system you switch to at 9pm is more then loud enough to dance into the night to and we certainly did! Regarding La Crème, we couldn't have asked for a better caterer. Tamie from La Crème has worked with The Holly Farm for years. She and her staff have a deep understanding of the property and work closely with you to create the prefect menu. Her food is fresh and delicious. Her staff are sweet and attentive, and Tamie is a joy to work with.
    The Holly Farm is a truly special and one of a kind place.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Meagen · Married on 11/07/2015

Getting married is a magical thing. Getting married at the Holly Farm is somewhere beyond magical pushing into a epic ethereal dream. Not only is the entire place an adorable, lush garden of wonders but from the moment you step foot on the property you're just aware that the place is home to so much goodness its impossible not to fall in love with it. I can not say enough nice things about the Moses family. They make everything fun and warm and thoughtful. The entire staff and all their vendors went above and beyond to make our day the most memorable, loving experience. We are eternally grateful to have started our journey together rooted in such a kind, warm hearted place.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2015

I have so many good things to say about our experience at The Holly Farm. The Moses family was warm and helpful throughout the wedding planning process and the wedding weekend. Every time I came by I was welcomed with a warm hug and often a glass of wonderful wine. We arrived Thursday and were pampered from the moment we drove in and parked until we were leaving Sunday afternoon.

The rooms were kept up beautifully and the grounds are amazing. Everything was decorated and restaged just right for the whole weekend. I absolutely loved the ceremony site on Friday and the intimate dinner in the Carriage House that followed. Saturday was amazing and so much fun. Sunday led to games in the field and a relaxed ending to the weekend. I never worried about a thing because Erin, Ryan, Doyle, Mary and their staff had every detail under complete control.

I just wish I could stay at the Holly again soon...I miss it and as I live locally I drive by frequently and want to do it all over again. I've talked with several friends who have said the same thing!

I highly recommend this The Holly Farm for a VERY special wedding experience.
    Thank you!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Anne M. · Married on 09/12/2015

When I think about my wedding day, I think of laughter, love, family, and smiles so big it makes your face hurt. When I think about my wedding day, I think about The Holly Farm. When I think about my wedding day, I think of laughter, love, family, and smiles so big it makes your face hurt. When I think about my wedding day, I think about The Holly Farm. Whenever we talked about how excited we were about our wedding it sounded a lot like "we get to go to The Holly Farm!" We arrived at the holly farm on Wednesday and were greeted with such love and excitement. Not only were we excited to be there, but they were excited to see us! Ryan, and the staff we're so welcoming and loving that they made us feel like part of the family immediately.. and those are our kinds of people! We kinda wished Ryan didn't work there so he could hang out with us all day and not get in trouble :)The days leading up to the wedding were the most perfect few days of relaxing, playing volleyball, soaking up the sun, drinking cocktails, the occasional daily massages from the amazing Nicole Pritchard. The Morning of our wedding I woke up before the sun to start getting ready. I stayed in my honeymoon suite with my girls.. drinking champagne, and getting ourselves ready. I had not a care in the world of what was going on outside. I knew the Moses family had this. I had previously shared all my visions of this day to Erin, and she nailed it. Like, really nailed it. Everything was a dream. The Holly Farms Caterer, Tamie is just a little ball of love. Our wedding was a dream. Everyone who attended our magical day was a part of something very special. I truly feel that everyone should experience this amazing dream oasis. The Holly Farm screams LOVE! The Moses family hold a special place in my heart for making such a dream come true venue. I couldn't imagine our day anywhere else.

I had so much more amazing words about this dream venue. Please see my Yelp review!
    -Anne Marie Chester

Sent on 01/11/2016

Erica · Married on 08/30/2015

WHAT. A. MEMORY. Our wedding weekend at The Holly Farm in August 2015 was a dream come true. As soon as we stepped onsite the previous year, we knew immediately we wanted to host our closest family and friends on the property for our wedding. The Moses Family was a true pleasure to work with - they are incredibly passionate and dedicated to making each couple feel like part of the family. The majority of event coordination went through our wedding planner, Michelle Lee at Simply Events, and I was floored with the final execution. To the Moses Family and the Holly Farm crew - We can't thank you enough for the most formidable, extraordinary wedding weekend a couple could ask for!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Erica · Married on 08/30/2015

Sent on 01/15/2016

Kayla · Married on 06/20/2015

No words can come close to describing our experience of getting married at The Holly Farm. My husband and I were intent on getting married somewhere in the Carmel/Big Sur/Monterey area. We visited a few different wedding venues and nothing seemed quite special enough. THEN we went to The Holly Farm. From the first moment we stepped foot onto the Windmill Lawn, we knew this was our place. Honestly, we were probably hooked just after being greeted by Ryan with a huge smile and a big hug.

The thing about The Holly Farm that you won't get to understand unless you have your wedding there or are lucky enough to be invited to a wedding there is that the most special element is that you feel like you have become a part of the Moses family. The Holly Farm is a family business and that shows in every single detail, moment, and smile. As a bride, I can't emphasize enough how Erin and Ryan made all of my stresses and fears absolutely disappear from the moment we arrived on Thursday morning. They took our (literal) truckloads of wedding "stuff" (I'm talking everything from our luggage to signs, vases, cases of wine, cake topper, guest book, framed photos, place cards, escort cards, decorative pillows, on and on and ON) and organized every single detail in a way much more beautiful than I could have imagined.

If you've seen photos, you already know that the grounds are GORGEOUS. In person, the entire site is so much more than a photo could capture. All of our guests are still gushing that they felt like they were in a tropical paradise across the globe. Every twist and turn of the venue reveals countless new details and quirky gems probably placed by Doyle long ago. All day, their fabulous grounds staff (Gus, Rosa, Gus Jr.) are working on the houses and the gardens, raking the pathways, making sure that every single detail is constantly in a state of perfection.

Sent on 08/01/2015
  • User5209065 · 2+ years ago

The Moses family is so friendly; they were a pleasure to work with. The level of service at the Holly Farm was top-notch. I truly felt like I could relax during my wedding weekend and the show would go on!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Tyler · Married on 05/09/2015

Perfection! That is the best way to describe our wedding at The Holly Farm. The venue is beautiful, the staff is superb and they truly made this experience better than I could have ever imagined.

Erin and Ryan worked with us from Day 1 to make this our dream wedding. They were there to answer any questions, troubleshoot problems and come up with ideas when we lacked them. I've never met a pair of individuals so truly fulfilled by what they do as Erin and Ryan. Their energy and passion is what makes everything work.

From the moment we arrived on site everything was taken care of. The staff there was incredible. They not only turn Holly Farm into the magical place it is, but they were so accommodating and helpful no matter what we needed. After being there for a few days they felt like family and we were so lucky to share the weekend with them.

All of the vendors that were suggested or we were required to use were great. Loved the amazing food prepared by La Creme. The flowers provided by Laughin' Gal were beautiful and created just to our liking. Zephyr's of course made sure the party went all night by handling everything anyone needed at the bar. What an incredible team everyone had.

I can't thank the Moses family, venue staff and the vendors enough for making this the PERFECT wedding. Truly, I was constantly impressed by everything that was done. I've had so many people reach out since the wedding to tell us what an amazing time they had and that would not have been possible without everyone involved in putting this weekend on! If you are considering getting married in the Monterey or Carmel area, want a fun weekend wedding and to have your guests walk away talking about your wedding for weeks then there is absolutely no other choice but the Holly Farm. It really is that simple.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Anne A. · Married on 11/09/2013

Holly Farm is outstanding in all the above areas. You also need to list and rate the sense of humor of all staff. All 140 guests who attended loved the Farm, the staff, the professional--but not uptight--qualities of all involved. So many of our family guests thanked us frequently for "providing" such a fun, relaxed and perfectly managed event. We were not the "providers". The staff and venue were.

The groom's parents

Sent on 12/20/2013

Sally · Married on 10/26/2013

Erin and the whole family at Holly Farm could not have been more accommodating, gracious, generous and just plain great at their jobs!

We chose the venue based on its location and beautiful layout but what we got in addition was a brilliant wedding team who made every step of the way as easy as pie! Open to all our crazy ideas as well as making our process a breeze (we planned it from Dubai) we only wish everyone had a place to call wedding-home this perfect.

The Moses family are gifted with a talent known as 'the ability to listen' and I mean really listen. Every detail was remembered, each email double checked and our vision perfectly recognized.

With 130 guests from all the corners of the world we had more than a few guests blown away by the venue and more so by the brilliant execution of the day. It was honestly wonderful to know that everything was just going to be perfect and stress free!

Sent on 12/26/2013

i can't say enough good things about the holly farm and the moses family in general. top notch all the way around, and memories to last a lifetime. a truly magical place and experience and i couldn't imagine our special day anywhere else.

THANK YOU! and we can't wait to host our next memorable function here in the years to come.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Kristyn · Married on 10/13/2013

My experience at the Holly Farm was amazing from start to finish. We knew upon first visit that we HAD to get married there, so much so that we waited until the next year because they book up fast! The Moses' are the sweetest people you will meet and they are soooo helpful! They know the best of the best in terms of vendors and they make choosing them so easy - it gave me time to really enjoy the day and not stress. The venue is enchanting and it really did feel like a fairytale. Thank you Erin, Ryan, Doyle and Mary. You truly are the best in the business.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Shelly · Married on 10/05/2013

I cannot say enough good things about the Holly Farm, the Moses family, & the staff. They are the most genuine, cool, organized group of people I have ever met. Without them, I am sure that my wedding experience would not have been even close to as perfect as it was. Erin was so on top of the planning process, and after meeting her I completely trusted everything that came out of her mouth. Her taste is impeccable!! Ryan is the nicest, most laid back guy to have around during the wedding. He makes you feel like there is not a worry in the world. And then Doyle and Mary-well they created the place from nothing and it is the most magical place in the world, and they are sweet as can be. Gus and Rosa-you were awesome and helpful in every way! People said I was crazy when I booked the Holly Farm site unseen, but I just had a feeling. It turned out my feeling was dead on.

Staying at the Holly Farm, I would explain as 'adult wedding camp'. All of our bridal party got to know one another SO well, and that was one of my favorite parts about the weekend. They all stayed together in the beautiful houses and absolutely loved it-a type of experience you could never get in a hotel. All of the boyfriends/husbands were all buddies by day 2 and none of them knew one another going into the weekend. They would all just play bocce ball, have drinks and hang out while the girls got ready.

I cannot think of a single thing I would change about the weekend, and not one thing went wrong (that I noticed). It was a very unique experience and I agree with Brooke below when she says that the Holly Farm is the best kept secret in the wedding industry. It was perfect from start to finish. The Holly Farm and the Moses family will always have a very special place in our hearts!

Sent on 01/11/2014
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 09/28/2013

The Holly Farm is the best place ever to have your wedding. The Moses family goes way above and beyond to make your day go smoothly and bring your vision to life. They are responsive throughout the process and so helpful. The team of vendors they can recommend are all amazing. We loved every minute at the venue and have heard again and again from our guests how "epic" the wedding was. It's a beautiful place and you truyl could not be in better hands to make your big day a success.

Sent on 12/23/2013