The Historic Post Office Reviews

32 Reviews for The Historic Post Office

• Caitlyn

Caitlyn Leffel 路 Married on 03/14/2020

Madeline is the best!

From the moment I walked into The Historic Post Office I knew I HAD to get married there. My husband and I booked this venue a little over a year ago to be sure that we got it! Our wedding was March 14th 2020 and it was a day I鈥檒l never forget. Madeline was AMAZING through the wedding planning process and always kept me calm and handled so much so I didn鈥檛 have much to worry about. She communicated with all my vendors which took a lot of the stress off of me. For that, I will forever be grateful! The staff on the day of was great! The venue itself is so beautiful and helped my dreams come true! Best day ever!馃挄

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • Heidi

Heidi 路 Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing venue! Amazing staff!

We chose the HPO based on proximity to our church and it was one of the best decisions we could have made. The space is gorgeous and we received so many compliments on the layout of the tables and dance floor. We also made the decision early on the add on the coordination services they offer and were so lucky to work with Madeline. Madeline made our entire vision come to life and the reception was exactly how we pictured it. She communicated with vendors, coordinated the set up, and even broke down the event at the end of the night. She was so responsive to my emails and always provided valuable insight when I was making decisions. She is so knowledgeable! We had the absolute best experience with the post office and can't stop recommending them to our friends and family.

Sent on 10/09/2019

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Thanks so much, Heidi! You and Sam were truly a joy to host and work with. So glad your day was everything you dreamed it to be!

Sukurat 路 Married on 08/23/2019

Kelsey was perfect!

Kelsey (the manager at HPO) was our planner and she was beyond awesome!!! Couldn鈥檛 have done it without her.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Misty

Misty 路 Married on 07/21/2019

Amazing day at the HPO

The Historic Post Office was the most wonderful venue for our July wedding. The upstairs suites were so comfortable and made getting ready so easy. My bridal party had beautiful light for makeup and hair. While my groom and his groomsmen had a blast playing pool. Madeline was our day of coordinator and she was amazingly organized, punctual, and made sure our day went exactly as planned. Many guests reach out to us after our wedding exclaiming about beauty of the HPO. We are beyond happy with the HPO and with Madeline!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna 路 Married on 06/15/2019

The most unique venue

The Historic Post Office made our wedding the one of our dreams. The venue is the most unique and beautiful in the area, and the staff make your day absolute perfection. Madeline was our day of coordinator and she went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I can鈥檛 say enough good things about this venue. It was beautiful and just an amazing atmosphere.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Camille 路 Married on 06/09/2019

Excellent Venue

The Historic Post Office is a gorgeous, elegant place to have a wedding and/or reception. The staff were all friendly and helpful. While this venue was on the higher end of costs compared to other locations, we definitely got our money's worth. The bridal and groom suites are phenomenal!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Allison

Allison 路 Married on 03/17/2019

Amazing Venue with An Even More Amazing Staff!

If I could give The Historic Post Office 100 stars I would, and every one of them would be well-deserved. Picking your wedding venue is one of the most pivotal decisions you make as a couple because it impacts everything (how your day look and feels, your guest experience, etc. etc.). When I walked into the HPO for the first time, I knew I had found my dream wedding venue. The building itself is beautiful and is filled with historic details that give it a timeless look. Yet, the team at the HPO has done an amazing job of ensuring it is as practical as it is beautiful. There are SIX bathrooms (it sounds silly, but once you go to a wedding with a long bathroom line, this becomes an important detail), a BEAUTIFUL bridal suite, and a guy-friendly groomsmen suite. The venue is beautiful as is, but it is really easy for each couple to customize the space to match their personalities. The venue has in-house lighting that is so useful at achieving this. The HPO is truly an amazing wedding venue, but the team there is really what makes it stand out as the best (in my personal opinion) wedding venue in Hampton Roads. Kelsey and Madeline are incredibly professional and organized. When I arrived for my first tour of the HPO, I was given a folder with all types of materials about the venue, recommended vendors, pricing, etc. This was an anomaly, but a welcomed one. That level of organization and attention to detail was the standard that the HPO team held up throughout our wedding planning process. Speaking of the planning process, the best decision we made throughout it was hiring Madeline Wheeler with the HPO as our Day-Of-Coordinator. My husband and I cannot sing her praises enough. She is so terrific at what she does and made the wedding planning process easy and made our wedding day completely stress-free. Madeline is organized and professional with a spectacular attention-to-detail and calm personality that makes her a dream to work with. My husband and I were able to be completely present during our wedding day because of her hard work!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Alyssa Phillips 路 Married on 11/18/2018

Most unique venue you can find in Virginia

The Historic Post Office was the only venue we toured when we began searching for a wedding venue and we knew the second we stepped into the building that there was no where else we鈥檇 rather book. The tall ceilings, dark wood floors, and white walls were perfect for us to create the venue into our own design for our wedding day. Our wedding was stress free and exactly how we envisioned it thanks to Kelsey and her amazing team!

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • Maria

Maria Belos 路 Married on 11/17/2018

Best venue ever

First off the venue is so perfect and the staff is nothing short of that! Madeline and Kelsey answered my emails in a timely manor, and made sure my day was going to run so smoothly! And it did! I am so so glad I picked them for my wedding venue!!! You won鈥檛 be disappointed at all! I booked it way far in advance and got a really great date!! They have great additional rental options and the bridal and grooms suite are literally perfection. The white brick walls and the high ceilings sold me!!! My guests were in awe of the post office and couldn鈥檛 believe how cute it was! So glad I can say I was an #HPObride

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie A Reed 路 Married on 11/09/2018

Wonderful Experience. Perfect Venue

I fully recommend The Historic Post Office to anyone looking for an amazing wedding ceremony/reception venue. It was the perfect venue for our wedding reception an our pictures are amazing. All of our guests raved about the place.

I grew up in Hampton and was so excited to hear the Post Office re-opened as a venue two years ago. I knew this would be a wonderful venue to have our wedding reception and it truly was. Everything was perfect. The atmosphere inside and out is great and is beautiful with even the simplest of details. We used the tables/chairs/bar/table linens available from the Post office, adding white roses for centerpieces with gold mercury votive candles and some greenery in the archways.

Kelsey worked with us from day one and we hired her as our day of coordinator. She was very responsive even with a newborn! Kelsey helped me remember so many details that I would have forgotten. Her suggestions and recommendations for other vendors was amazing and she worked directly with mine to make sure everything ran smoothly. The actual reception was perfect and if anything went wrong I was completely unaware. Fully endorse this venue and Kelsey!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Rhena 路 Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful venue, perfect photos

The Historic Post Office is one of the most beautiful venues in the area. I am so happy I was a HPO bride! My husband and I visited the venue over a year ago to check it out and instantly fell in love. The white brick, with the industrial feel inside was amazing. It鈥檚 hard to decorate venues with blank canvasses, this one was so effortlessly beautiful on its own that decor was the least of my concerns! What personally sold me was the beautiful and spacious bridal suite. It has large bathrooms, closets, beautiful vintage furnishings and a huge desk & mirror for your hair & make up team (they really appreciate this). It has all the natural light in the world that your photographer will LOVE taking pictures while you and your bridesmaids get ready!

We had our cocktail hour outside in the lot next door and again- it鈥檚 decorated so beautifully on its own with a gated lot with string lights, beautiful brick and trellis鈥. Downtown Hampton is the perfect place for pictures. The beautiful front steps of the post office, the waterfront a block away, the brick road and old store fronts next to the post office and the beautiful (newly added) mural painted on the back of the post office.

Our reception was wonderful, we got married in front of these gorgeous white window cut outs, and had so many areas that perfectly fit catering, the bar and even a room for storage and planning.

The HPO staff was so wonderful to work with. They answered any and all questions quickly and worked hard to make your special day beautiful and as seamless as possible. I鈥檓 so thankful for this gorgeous venue, I can鈥檛 recommend it enough. If you鈥檙e thinking about checking it out, run don鈥檛 walk!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Eve

Eve Glenn 路 Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Venue

Our experience with The Historic Post Office staff was superb! The ladies were responsive, professional and kind. We really enjoyed working with them on this event and can't wait to visit them in the future for our friends weddings.

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle 路 Married on 09/22/2018

What a dream! The Historic Post Office was everything my husband and I wanted for our wedding. Kelsey and Madeline are also amazing to work with. They are truly on top of it, and anytime I needed a recommendation they got right back to me. I also love how every wedding is so unique in its own way. It really brings out the style of the couples.

Sent on 09/27/2018

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Gabrielle, thank you so much! We're happy to have hosted you and glad everything turned out just perfectly for you and your husband!

Akeylah 路 Married on 06/17/2018

The Post Office was the most perfect venue we could have dreamed of. It is a gorgeous, modern yet classic, space that is warm and so beautiful you hardly want to decorate it! We loved getting ready and having our reception there and highly recommend it! Don鈥檛 be daunted by the fact that you have to bring your own vendors for everything. Kelsey and Madeline were helpful in providing reccomendations and making the guidelines clear. This venue is well worth that bit of extra work. It means everything can be personalized for you! Thanks for making our day perfect! Your venue search is finished. Trust us鉂わ笍
    G&A Banks

Sent on 07/12/2018

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Akeylah, thank you for those sweet words! You and Gelani are such a classy couple and we loved being a part of your day. We're so glad you enjoyed working with our staff as much as we liked hosting you!

tyler 路 Married on 06/10/2018

Event was perfect had a couple hiccups the day off but they compensatied us for the troubles

Sent on 06/11/2018

Shelley 路 Married on 06/03/2018

The Historic Post Office was our dream venue. We had settled on another venue that we thought was almost perfect, I called my fianc茅 as he was enroute to that other venue to drop off the contract and deposit and told him to wait because we had to go see this new venue (The HPO). The HPO embodies all the elements that we were looking for for our 鈥淪outhern Sophistication鈥 themed wedding. The details are gorgeous and the bridal and groom suites are impeccable. Kelsey and the team were amazing to work with and always prompt to answer and questions that we had.

Sent on 07/07/2018

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Shelley, thank you SO much for the kind words! We truly loved hosting you and Gino and your fabulous day. We wish you all the best!

Rebekah 路 Married on 05/15/2018

This venue is stunning. Far more beautiful than even the photos show! The ladies here were helpful and very accomodating, and we loved that the venue has its own specialty lighting that you can rent without an outside vendor. Also, the bride and groom suites are phenomenal and include plenty of amenities like irons, washer and drying, shower, etc. Our wedding at the Post Office was more beautiful and magical than I ever thought I would have!

Sent on 05/30/2018

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Rebekah, thank you so much for the fantastic review! We loved having you and Caleb and we wish you all the best. So glad your date was available and you found us just in time! :)

Meghan 路 Married on 05/11/2018

I was very happy when this venue opened in 2016 because Hampton Roads doesn't have many venues that are customizable. While it can be more expensive to buy/rent all of your decor, it allows you to create something that reflects your personality. Even minimal decor looks beautiful in this place! I planned my wedding from across the country due to military orders but Madeline and Kelsey were quick to respond to any questions I had. I took a video of the venue during my walk through so that I could look back at it when trying to decide where I would put certain decor since I knew I would be unable to be back in the area until just before the wedding. The requirement of a day of coordinator is an added expense to account for but trust me, as much as I thought I could handle it on my own, during the wedding day it is so busy and chaotic that I don't know how I could have stayed on the timeline without them! The bridal and groom suites made it so easy to get ready and run back upstairs for something if I needed it. The lighting upstairs is beautiful and makes it easy for hair and makeup to get the job done! Thanks HPO!!

Sent on 05/17/2018

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Meghan, thank you so much! Your travel/post office themed wedding made our hearts happy. We're so glad you and Chris enjoyed your day at the HPO and you could have your dream wedding even while planning from far away. We wish you all the best in your future travels together!

Laura 路 Married on 05/06/2018

I am so happy we had our wedding here. The venue is beautiful, clean, spacious, and so unique! The bridal suite is gorgeous and the groom's suite is perfect for the guys. I especially loved all of the options we had for layouts and entrances/exits. I would certainly recommend the HPO to anyone!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Amanda 路 Married on 12/15/2017

We loved having our wedding at The Historic Post Office! All of our guests were amazed! Their staff is so friendly and easy to work with.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Amanda,
    Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate you and we're so glad you loved your time as a #HPObride!

Jiney 路 Married on 10/07/2017

We booked the Historic Post Office for our wedding and we're so happy we did! With all of the renovations and updates, this venue is truly a gem. Kelsey is professional and great to work with - She helped keep us on top of what we needed to provide and communication was excellent! Our guests were in awe of how beautiful this venue is and we received nonstop compliments. Behind the scenes, they have a large bridal suite, large groom suite with a pool table, comfy seating, and great lighting. We were very comfortable there and were actually sad to leave after the wedding ended!

Sent on 10/10/2017

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Thank you Jiney! We are so appreciative of your sweet words. You and Stephen were the best couple to host and we thoroughly enjoyed your "magical" event. We wish you all the best!

Melissa 路 Married on 05/25/2017

AMAZING!!!! Kelsey and her team are the best!!! The HPO was very accommodating and my day went off without a hitch!!!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Luisa 路 Married on 04/14/2018

Soon after my husband and I got engaged I started my search for the "perfect" reception venue. I simply went on Google and stumbled upon the Historic Post Office. It was still going through renovations at that point but we made an appointment to tour the venue and from the moment we stepped foot inside we knew that was it. We didn't have to visit any other venues afterwards.

We initally chose the basic package with no upgrades and it was pricier than we expected, but worth it. We loved that the venue was a clean slate to really make our vision come true. Every detail in the HPO was our aesthetic from the hardwood floors to the lighting. The bridal suite is huge and gorgeous! We loved that there was a second floor too. It was the perfect space for our DJ since he could really see the dance floor. Later on, they added two bars to their package and we added one on. We misunderstood the package from our initial meeting and we thought uplighting was included, but it's not. Downlighting IS included and in my opinion, it was enough for us. The HPO is such a beautiful backdrop on its own, I don't think it needs much to make it really come alive. The HPO requires event insurance and that you have a day-of coordinator, so I would consider these expenses in addition to the venue package. I am SO glad that we were required to have a day-of coordinator since we weren't going to hire one, but she seriously was a lifesaver.

Kelsey and the rest of the staff were personable and always responsive when I had questions. We had the most perfect day and the HPO was a dream come true for us. We received so many compliments on the HPO itself from our guests to friends and coworkers who saw pictures. We couldn't have been happier choosing the HPO

Sent on 04/26/2018

The Historic Post Office's reply:

Luisa, thank you for the kind review and for including the stunning pictures! It was our pleasure to host your wedding and we're so glad it was everything you dreamed it would be.

Amber Richards 路 Married on 08/09/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue on the Peninsula

Beautiful wedding venue with gorgeous bridal and groom suites! Ellie was personable and took great care of us on our wedding day. If you're looking for a lovely wedding venue, we'd highly recommend the Historic Post Office!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica 路 Married on 10/14/2018

Venue perfectly fit our style

The HPO was an amazing venue for our wedding. The look was exactly our style and it was difficult to take bad pictures in and around HPO. Having special areas for the wedding party to get ready was much appreciated. The staff was very responsive, helpful and easy to work with. The only negative I would say is that most things are a'la carte so be sure to factor in that you will likely want most of the extras when booking. At the end of the day, well worth it and would recommend to any couple looking for a venue!

Sent on 12/05/2018