The Herrington Inn & Spa Reviews

The Herrington Inn & Spa 5
The Herrington Inn & Spa 6
The Herrington Inn & Spa 7

Bryan R · Married on 09/14/2019

For Those Searching for the Best Wedding Ever!

Raquel and Deanne are the two most amazing wedding professionals. They come with over 30 years experience and is demonstrated with their level of impeccable service!

Sent on 09/16/2019
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 8
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 9
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 10
  • Emily

Emily Quetel · Married on 09/01/2019

Practically Perfect in Every Way

The Herrington Inn & Spa was perfect to work with in every way. The staff were friendly, responsive, worked hard, gave great suggestions, and led us through a seamless process of planning an unforgettable day. Our guests said the food was the best they've had at a wedding. They loved the physical space as well. They helped us plan our event in 6 weeks time!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Anne

Anne Shover · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Coordinators

I cannot say enough great things about The Herrington Inn & Spa! Not only is the venue gorgeous, but Rose and Deanne were an absolute dream to work with. Rose was my main contact during the planning process, and she was quick to respond to all my questions and concerns. Any ideas or changes I wanted to make, she made possible and worked with me to keep within a reasonable budget. On our wedding day, Deanne and Rose set up all of my ceremony and reception decorations exactly as I wanted and allowed my husband, family and I to relax, get ready and enjoy the day without having to worry about setup. They checked on us throughout the day and night to see if my husband and I needed anything (Deanne even made sure we got drinks and as many appetizers as we wanted after the ceremony). Deanne, Rose and the staff cleaned everything up at the end of the night and placed the gifts in our room as well as all our decorations in their office for my parents to easily pick up the next morning. As if Rose and Deanne weren’t great enough, the food was phenomenal! So many people raved to me about how much they enjoyed their dinner. If you are thinking about hosting your wedding at the Herrington, absolutely do it! They made our wedding day a dream!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel Jacobs · Married on 04/13/2019

Beautiful Indian Wedding

My husband and I had our wedding at the Herrington on April 13, 2019. The staff (especially Deanne and Rose) were wonderful! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and photographs so well! The food was delicious and it was so nice that the cake was included. Overall, we had the most beautiful wedding, I could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 17
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 18

Sandy B · Married on 03/29/2019

We're so happy we chose the Herrington Inn

The team at the Herrington Inn was very courteous, professional, and accommodating. They all went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect wedding day. The historic location offered river views and great areas for our wedding photos.

Joseph Donovan · Married on 03/23/2019

March 2019 Wedding

My wife and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Herrington Inn. From the very beginning, Rose, Deanne and Racquel were professional, attentive and upfront with the entire process. The food and service was friendly and excellent. We received several compliments about the venue and food. Also, multiple friends and family spent the night at the HI and were pleased with their accommodations. We would absolutely recommend The Herrington Inn. GREAT DAY! THANK YOU Herrington Inn for making our big day even more special.

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

If you're looking for a beautiful, unique wedding venue with an amazing view of the Fox River, delicious food, and extremely helpful staff, we highly recommend The Herrington. We visited the venue a couple weeks after we got engaged and were immediately sold due in large part to the sales staff, Deanne & Rose. With years of wedding experience, Deanne & Rose were probably the best team anyone could ever ask for when planning a wedding; I can't imagine what we would've done without them! Again, the venue itself is beautiful, but if you're looking for extra help from a coordination perspective, this is definitely the place for you. Also, be sure to use their preferred vendors. Everyone knows each other and their way around the hotel, which left us feeling relieved and in good hands the entire time.

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 09/08/2018

The Perfect Venue with the Best Staff!

We stayed at The Herrington for our 2 year dating anniversary in January 2014. We had an amazing weekend there and in Geneva (cutest town ever!!). Then 3 and a half years later right before we got engaged I had a co-worker who was getting married in Geneva and it caused me to look back up the town and the beautiful inn we had stayed at previously. When we got engaged, we knew The Herrington was the first stop! Seven days after getting engaged we went to look at it and after an hour of talking with Deanne we had our date set (Sept 2018). We had an incredible experience working with Deanne, Rose, Racquel, and everyone else at The Herrington. They were extremely responsive to our emails/questions and they were always available to sit down in person to discuss details. Our wedding day was absolutely incredible and this in large part to Deanne and Rose. We love them and we will continue to go back to visit! Thank you again for being the best! Also, not only is the staff amazing and the setting beautiful, but The Herrington has incredible food! Our guests all raved about the appetizers and entrees and we even had platters of the classic Herrington chocolate chip cookies for dessert alongside our cake! Truly cannot say enough good things about this venue and its staff, highly recommend!

Sent on 04/21/2019
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 27
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 28
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 29
  • User955440 · 1+ year ago

We stayed here two nights and my bridal party and I got ready in our room. The Inn is beautiful and the photos we took there turned out so amazingly beautiful. The complementary breakfast was delicious and the milk and cookies at turndown was a real treat. I would recommend The Herrington for any wedding related activity or even just for a retreat. Very satisfied.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Robyn · Married on 07/28/2018

Absolutely wonderful experience with the Herrington!

From the wonderful staff, to the delicious food, along with the fantastic service, the Herrington was the perfect place for our wedding! From the moment we decided to celebrate our wedding reception at the Herrington, Rose and Deanne helped to make each experience great and were there to support us along the way. I felt so comfortable with Rose and was able to ask her any and all my questions, at any time. Rose and Deanne went out of their way to meet me at the linen place, when I am sure they had so many other things going, just to help me make the best decisions for the space and the look I was going for. As time got closer to the wedding, Rose and Deanne allowed us to come in and prepare decor a few days before our wedding, which make things a lot less stressful as we got closer to the day. I had so many wedding guests tell me how delicious the appetizers, meal and late night snacks were, along with the service. Not to mention, we felt like we were sleeping on a cloud after a long, but amazing day! Would do it 100 times over again, only at the Herrington! Thank you to the staff and service for making our wedding day so wonderful and memorable! We will always be grateful for you!

Sent on 04/18/2019
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 41
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 42
    The Herrington Inn & Spa 43

dawn · Married on 07/21/2018

Had my daughter's wedding here on 7/21/18. I cannot begin to say enough great things about the venue, the food, and the staff. You will NOT regret having your wedding here. It's an amazing place, detail oriented, over and above excellent service. You can't go wrong here, seriously.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

An excellent experience

The staff is exceptional and our experience was perfect. Highly recommended. A local gem. They are kind, caring and professional.

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

I can't say enough good things about The Herrington Inn & Spa. Rose and Deanne were amazing and always made me feel like their only priority even when I stopped by unannounced with questions. They worked with us to make the most of our budget. They set everything up for our reception exactly how I had imagined it, and they repacked everything for us to take home the next day. The space is beautiful, the food was amazing, and our guests loved the night time cookies and milk service in their rooms.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2017

Truly amazing! I can't say enough about how wonderful Deanne and Rose were in planning the perfect day! From the first day we met Deanne and toured the venue, we thought that Deanne was on point and she was one of the main reasons we selected The Herrington as our venue - we knew we'd be in good hands. The Herrington Inn is a hidden gem! The space is beautiful! Having been built in the 1800s-early 1900s it is full of stone walls and cobbled floors complete with Juliette balconies and a lawn overlooking the Fox River. It was a space that had a lot of natural interest with just enough romanticism so we didn't have to provide a ton of additional decor. Our ceremony overlooked the river and our cocktail hour did also. The plated dinner was delicious and all of our guests commented on how good the food was and how much food they got - no one left hungry! The servers and bartenders were fantastic, leaving no glass empty! Throughout the planning process Deanne and Rose were very responsive and understanding, even to lots of questions! The day of, Rose was right there in the morning checking in on me, organizing the processional, and making sure everything was going smoothly all through the reception. The next morning she also made it a point to see us off into our new married life! The accommodations were beautiful also - we had a suite overlooking the Fox River and were able to enjoy breakfast the next morning on our balcony. We couldn't have picked a more perfect location for our wedding day or a more amazing staff to make it all possible! We plan to go back in a few weeks and stay there again! Thank you so so so much!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Lauren · Married on 12/17/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the Herrington Inn and Spa!
    I am so grateful and fortunate we chose the Herrington as our venue. From the day we met Deanne we knew the venue and working with her would be everything we wanted for our dream winter wedding. Deanne is knowledgeable and straight forward, she says she is going to take of something and she means it! She is a true professional and makes the planning process so much less stressful!
    As an added bonus you also get to work with Rose, who is smart, funny, and always wanting to assist in anyway she can. We can't thank you ladies both enough for helping to make our wedding such a success.
    The Herrington is quaint, and decorated to perfection. It is not too big or small, and the staff does an amazing job transforming the space into your vision. Then there is the food. I have been told by several people that was the best wedding food! It was delicious, not overly priced, and from the appetizers, to the main course, to bringing in Lou Malnati's for our late night snack, everything was just perfect.

If you are deciding between venues the Herrington is the place to go!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Cristin · Married on 10/22/2016

My family stayed at the hotel for my wedding weekend. They loved it. Said the spa was great. The rooms were beautiful as well as the setting of the hotel. The staff took care of anything they needed. I was able to get some great wedding photos from their courtyard.

Sent on 12/31/2016

MsD · Married on 08/21/2016

This review is not for the wedding venue because in that aspect the Wedding Planner over the phone made us feel like our small wedding was not worth it so we went elsewhere.
    BUT......we did book a romantic night at The Herrington. Thanks to Shane Walker, the Director of the Front Office. Shane was responsive since our first email with him. He not only booked our stay, but also worked with me to have dinner waiting, drinks, flowers on the bed, spa package items waiting in the room, a beautiful room overlooking the river, and a quick check-in since we would be arriving late.
    Without doubt one of the favorite hotels in this area. But, it truly has to do with the service Shane provided. If all hotels could learn something, Shane knows how to provide service.
    Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed in our room by rose petals on the bed, chilled drinks, warm dinner, spa items, a comfortable bed, and a beautiful view in the morning.
    I recommend getting some of the extras to your room-well worth it and very reasonably priced. Oh, and we are frequent dinner guests-the dinner service and ambiance are so romantic.
    Again, Shane deserves a special thanks. We look forward to future stays at The Herrington.

Sent on 03/24/2017

Sara · Married on 08/13/2016

We loved every bit of the Herrington and Deanne/Rose/the Staff was exceptional in not only booking but coordinating everything for the day. They thought of every detail, made sure everything was perfect and allowed us to just relax and enjoy the day. I wouldn't have changed a thing and can't imagine getting married anywhere else!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2016

I love everything about the Herrington, told by multiple wedding guests it was the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding!

Sent on 06/21/2016

I used The Herrington for a baby shower and was very impressed by the professional staff, from the white glove service to the synchronized serving our our courses.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/06/2015

I cannot recommend The Herrington highly enough. Everyone we worked with was absolutely wonderful, warm, and efficient. We spent the first few days of our honeymoon talking about how we couldn't believe everything went so well and was so easy. No one batted an eye at any of the little quirky things we wanted to do, they set up all of our decorations with very little direction and it was more beautiful than I could have imagined, and THE FOOD...so many guests told us that it was the best meal they'd ever had at a wedding. Even without that qualifications, their food is EXCELLENT, and even the servers and bartenders are friendly and helpful.

Big, big thanks to Deanne, Cyndi, and Rose for making our dream wedding happen! You could not make a better choice for your venue than the Herrington, they will make you feel like you and your wedding are truly important to them.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/21/2015

I had my wedding at The Herrington almost exactly a year ago and can't thank the team enough! Deanne and her team were very helpful with the planning process and organization day of. I didn't have a wedding planner/coordinator and relied heavily on Deanne to orchestrate the timing and flow from the ceremony to the reception. The evening was flawless. When a few unexpected dietary concerns came up with my guests she handled everything and came by just to let me know in a "no worries" sort of way. Dinner took longer than expected and my photographer was about to charge me extra for her time but Deanne took her aside and leveled with her that it wasn't my fault for the time delay. I felt supported from day one and would recommend The Herrington for any event!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2015

The BEST wedding ever!!! The Herrington is the BEST place to have a wedding because the people are wonderful and the service is outstanding.

Sent on 12/03/2015

We are so happy we chose the Herrington for our wedding venue!! Deanne and her staff are incredible! They were helpful every step of the way. Our outdoor ceremony was beautiful and the food at the reception was delicious. We highly recommend the Herrington!!!

Sent on 12/13/2015