The Hazlehurst House Reviews

The Hazlehurst House 5
  • Renee

Renee Fowler · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing venue great staff

I love the staff at Hazlehurst they were so attentive to my needs and the needs of my wedding party. They are well-organized, warm, and hospitable. HH is a one-stop shop for all of your wedding needs- as most things are done in-house which takes the stress off the bride. Shoutout to my day of coordinators Sidney and Priscilla (love them) as well as Felicia and Leslie. The venue is gorgeous and has lots of photo ops. Book here, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/07/2019

The Hazlehurst House's reply:

Thank you Renee and Marcus, your day was beautiful!!! What an honor to be included in your BIG DAY!! We can't wait to see your photos.

Crystal Garner · Married on 09/07/2019

Military Wedding

Leslie is per out georgous, and wonderful.. She was understanding, caring, and she was right there answer all of my questions, and concerns... Thank You Leslie!!!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Nathan

Nathan Stuckey · Married on 09/01/2019

Great experience

Our experience with Hazelhurst House was fantastic. Leslie and her team were a pleasure to work with. They worked hard to make all of our ideas a reality. We were an out of state couple getting married in Atlanta, so we really appreciated that any time we were in the same area they made a real effort to meet with us and figure out exactly what we wanted. They gave us an amazing amount of access to the venue to set it up just how we wanted it. I can't emphasize enough how nice it was that were so willing to make sure that we had access to the venue anytime that we needed it. The DJ that they recommended was amazing, meeting with us before the wedding to make sure that we were on the same page and great during the wedding as well. We received endless compliments on the cake, it was by far the best wedding cake either of us have ever had. All of the workers her were there for the wedding were super kind and helpful. Parking was plentiful and well run, no parking difficulties like at so many other Atlanta venues that we researched. Choosing Hazelhurst House as our venue was a great choice, working with professionals who really cared about our wedding made everything so much easier. Many of our guests commented about how beautiful the venue was and how they could tell just how much work went into making the wedding so amazing. The venue was beautiful, the staff was amazing, and our wedding was so much less stressful than I imagined it would be thanks to the team at Hazelhurst House.

Nathan and BaoHan

Sent on 09/20/2019

Nathan and BaoHan,

It was a pleasure serving you and your families during this life milestone. We appreciate your kind words and can't wait to see your photos!!!

The Hazlehurst House TEAM

Tamara Delph · Married on 08/02/2019

Perfect Venue- Pefect Staff- Awesome time

We cannot rave over how great Hazlehust House was for our wedding in August. It was perfect! The staff was awesome. even when I ( Tamara) had my mini breakdowns they made sure to make me feel at ease. I would recommend them to everyone! Even the DJ was great! Our family and friends still talk about how great the staff, venue, food and music was. Thank you guys so much for everything! It was a perfect summer night!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Tamara,

Thanks for allowing The Hazlehurst House TEAM to be part of your BIG day!!! We Loved seeing all your guests enjoy themselves. It truly was a prefect summer night!!!

Toni · Married on 05/11/2019

Simply Amazing!

I got married at the Hazelhurst House on May 11th. Working with Leslie was so easy! I had just started a new job and wanted a venue that was all inclusive... I didn’t want to get “in the weeds” with planning. After my first meeting with Leslie I knew I was in good hands and hired The Hazelhurst House on the spot. Fast forward 10ish months and everything was perfect! The smallest of details that I didn’t think Leslie remembered were executed perfectly. She listened to everything I wanted and delivered exactly that. I cannot speak highly enough about Leslie and her “day of” team. Several of my guest came up to me and commented how helpful and nice everyone was. I also received comments about Danny and how great he was. The whole night was perfect and I cannot recommend the Hazelhurst House enough. If you want a stress-free wedding, hire Leslie and her team. They will give you the best night of your life for a very competitive rate.

The Hazlehurst House 6
    The Hazlehurst House 7
    The Hazlehurst House 8
    Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/04/2019

May 04, 2019

Wow. This is one word to describe this lovely and historic gem located in the heart of McDonough, Georgia. From the moment my (now) husband and I walked through the doors we knew this was the place for us. We could feel the love in the air and from the staff throughout as we planned our wedding. The concept we probably loved most about them was they wanted to do all the “busy work” for us and they wanted us to just relax and enjoy the biggest day of our lives. And that, they did. From the delicious food catered by their very own in house Tasteful Events catering, to an unforgettable cake selection, beautiful flowers, and classy reception decorations they really outdid themselves. It was all so beautiful as the venue itself is and I would definitely recommend checking them out. You will fall in love getting #hitchedathazlehurst ❤️

The Hazlehurst House 9
    Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Monique

Monique Nicholas · Married on 04/27/2019

I was pleased

The staff was very nice, professional and accommodating. The facility was beautiful. The food was good. I couldn't ask for better at the price we paid.

The Hazlehurst House 23
    The Hazlehurst House 24
    The Hazlehurst House 25
    The Hazlehurst House 26
    The Hazlehurst House 27
    The Hazlehurst House 28
    Sent on 05/22/2019

The Hazlehurst House's reply:

Thank you Monique, thanks for allowing us to be part of your BIG DAY!! You and your family were a joy to work with and we hope your wedding day was all that you imagine it would be.

Linda · Married on 10/21/2017

This is a beautiful venue! My daughter was married here in October 2017. I was planning the wedding from 1000 miles away in Massachusetts, so it was great to find a venue/wedding package that was all-inclusive. Wedding planner Nikki even arranged for the flowers and the cake. She made it as stress-free as it could have possibly been. The ceremony took place outside on a gorgeous day, followed by the reception inside the house. I would highly recommend Hazlehurst
    House!

Sent on 02/22/2018
  • Stacey & Mario 2017

Stacey · Married on 05/07/2017

Very professional. Beautiful venue. Cost is worth what your receiving for your wedding. I am extremely happy to be working with Tammy, who is extremely sweet and calming.

Sent on 07/23/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/10/2016

Oh my gosh! What a wonderful venue. Couldn't have asked for anything more. We had last minute changes and they were more than happy to accommodate without a hitch. We worked with Tammy during all the planning. She was wonderful. She was very knowledgable and had suggestions that we needed. Very professional. Nikki, our Bridal Assistant, worked the entire wedding and reception. We could not have been any happier with anyone else. All I can say is, she was GREAT. I highly recommend the Hazlehurst House, McDonough, Ga.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Cannot brag enough on this venue and the staff!! Had our wedding May 7, 2016 and it was PERFECT!! Tammy was our planner and she helped us bring our vision to life and made it so much better than we could have ever hoped for! She paired us with awesome vendors and was there to help us every step of the way, she's AWESOME!! Nikki was our day of coordinator and she organized the crap out of our day! She helped keep everything on schedule and made sure everyone and everything was where it needed to be. We were a little hesitant about the price but you definitely but it is so worth every penny the entire crew down to the wait staff was nothing but professional, helpful, and so kind! Would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone interested!!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Susan · Married on 04/19/2015

When I first started searching for venues, I saw some photos from Hazlehurst house. It was a little bit of a drive, but we went and saw it anyways. We went and looked at other venues after our first visit, but nothing compared to the beauty and services for my money to the Hazlehurst house. Once we signed our contract it only got better. Ashley was involved and very attentive to all of my requests and needs. I had an issue with the hotel, and Ashley even jumped in and handled that for me. She anticipated my needs, before I even knew I had them. I also had the please of dealing with Nikki for my day of coordinator. We had a lot of rain the day of my wedding, so needless to say some of the wedding party including myself we late. Nikki was able to get up back on track in no time. She stayed on top of everything the entire day and made sure that everyone was where they needed to be, and everyone had a wonderful time. If you are looking for a venue, look no further. You will not find a better team, that will make sure you day is perfect and you needs met, with enthusiasm, professionalism, and that special personal touch

Sent on 04/27/2015

Myra · Married on 03/28/2015

I don't think my wedding day could have been anymore spectacular than it was at the Hazlehurst House. All of the guests had a fabulous time and the food and cake were just the best!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Erin · Married on 11/08/2014

My wedding reception was held at The Hazlehurst House on November 8th. My worst nightmare came true 3 months prior to my wedding…..my original reception venue would not be built in time after numerous promises otherwise. I called and spoke to Ashley at the Hazlehurst house who I automatically felt comfortable and confident with. Within a few hours of speaking to her she helped my re-plan my entire reception and menu. The Hazlehurst house was so accommodating and welcoming to me and my family. Ashley is extremely organized and responsive. She kept an open communication with me the entire time and I knew when I showed up to the reception that everything would be taken care of as I had 100% confidence that she would make it perfect. The food was wonderful, the staff was very friendly and professional to me and my guests and everyone complimented the venue and its charm. Thank you Hazlehurst House, Ashley and team.

Sent on 11/19/2014

ryan · Married on 09/13/2014

The Hazlehurst House did a fantastic job for our early fall wedding! We scheduled the wedding from out of town, so we were initially worried about the process, but the staff made coordinating easy. Ashley worked with us on everything from setting up the hotel for our out of town guests to providing possible locations for on outdoor picnic-style rehearsal dinner. Every time we needed anything, Ashley delivered. She communicated on her days off and was always reachable as the day approached. On the day of the wedding, the entire staff made the process simple for us. The food was delicious, the signature drink we chose was excellent, and the venue was decorated gorgeously. I highly recommend the Hazlehurst House for your big day!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Erica · Married on 02/15/2014

The Hazlehurst House was the PERFECT place for my now husband and I to get married! The venue itself is absolutely breath taking from the time you pull up until you complete your walk through. The staff is also the other part of this venue that makes it SO incredibly wonderful! Everyone there is on top of their game at all times. They always make sure to get in touch with you with any questions that you might have or to easy your mind on anything about your big day! On the day of our wedding, the whole team made everything feel so effortless. Their in house catering (TASTEFUL EVENTS) was divine and everyone raved about the space. The team and the venue made our day so special and we couldn't be more pleased! :)

Sent on 02/23/2014

Abby · Married on 12/07/2013

The Hazlehurst House is such a beautiful venue for any occasion. I chose this venue for my wedding :)
    Their staff is very friendly and more than prepared with the materials and check list's you need in order to plan which was very helpful to me because there was no way I would have been able to think of everything on my own in the little amount of time I gave myself to plan my wedding.
    Ashley was my wedding planner and she was great. Very helpful and stayed in touch with me from start to finish.
    The work the staff put into making our big day beautiful was apparent. Knowing they had everything under control and being able to put all my trust in them was a huge relief for me.
    It was a beautiful, perfect wedding and I would recommend Hazelhurst House again to anyone looking for a beautiful place to share their biggest and most memorable day with.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Kara · Married on 09/21/2013

The Hazelhurst House was worth every penny! Even though it rained on my wedding day, the entire staff worked extremely hard and made my reception the best it could be despite the circumstances that we could not control. I was told that the food was amazing and the venue was beautiful by almost every guest! I would highly recommend anyone to use the Hazelhurst House for their event. :)

Sent on 07/24/2014

ashley · Married on 06/01/2013

We got married in June 2013. We heard many great things about the Hazlehurst House but never experienced it first hand. From our first meeting there the staff was amazing from helping with accommodations to every detail in helping to make our day about us. Even though I know we were not the only couple getting married there it felt like we were. They made us feel so special. After we booked our day, they invited us to their wedding extravaganza. We were able to taste the food, meet the DJ, see the flowers and meet the staff. It was so great to be able to do this and meet the vendors before our wedding. They took so much stress off of us the week of our wedding. Our planner helped with our rehearsal at the church and was at the church to greet us the day of our wedding. They had refreshments for us and our bridal party waiting before the ceremony. They even helped direct our guests from the church to the Hazlehurst House. Once we arrived for the reception they had food and drinks waiting for the bridal before and after pictures. They made us feel so special. The DJ was amazing at introducing us to getting everyone on the dance floor. The food was amazing!! All of our guests raved about the food, staff, DJ, planner, flowers. My mom loved that she only had to carry her shoes to the car. The staff loaded all the gifts for her...so thoughtful and sweet. The whole Hazlehurst House team made our wedding day the best day of our lives. We highly recommend them for a wedding venue!!!
    Ryan and Ashley

Sent on 08/12/2013

Katherine · Married on 06/23/2012

BEAUTIFUL venue, words cannot describe the true beauty of this venue from inside to the gardens. GREAT Food, service and truly one of the greatest staff. The planner even took some of our guest back to the hotel as they had a GREAT time at the reception!! Leslie Bishop was our planner and she was GREAT from suggestions on menus, decor to simply listening and making our wedding dreams a dream come true!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Lyndsay · Married on 06/16/2012

GREAT Service, GREAT Staff and Yummy Food, Detail, Detail Detail. They ask all the questions and we simply told them what we wanted. They handled everything from food, invitations, bar, flowers, cake, limo, hotel rooms, etc. If you are looking for a STRESS FREE OPTION, this is your venue!! They did my beautiful flowers, decor. Had the most amazing planning staff, no stone was unturned and our planner made our day extra special, I will miss her know that we have had a special day.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Sam · Married on 06/09/2012

We had a most amazing wedding at this BEAUTIFUL venue. I knew when we drove into the parking lot looking at the house and grounds it was the prefect place. Then when we walk into the doors and was meet by Leslie our planner. She made us feel welcomed and we walked away knowing that if our wedding was held here that we were in good hands. Words are not enough to express our Thanks to the Hazlehurst House and their amazing staff. They even took some of our guests to their hotel so they did not have to drive. Again, amazing staff, amazing food, amazing wedding cake and BEST DJ's ever!! My guests are still raving about our wedding.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Robyn · Married on 05/27/2012

This is an excellant venue to have a wedding. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. We had an outdoor wedding right at the turn of Spring and all of the flowers were in bloom. No need for additional outdoor decorations, we left the decor to nature. There are multiple locations that offer a different look and feel depending on the type of outdoor wedding you desire (large, intimate, fireplace, candles etc). The staff was fantastic. Leslie was my director and she was accomodating as well as my attendants for the day. After the outdoor ceremony we moved inside for the reception. Cocktails were on the veranda and the reception took place in the ballroom. A perfect venue for a very important day! Thank you Hazlehurst! Robyn A. Giles

Sent on 09/21/2012

The Hazlehurst House's reply:

Thank you so much Robyn for allowing The Hazlehurst House to be a part of your special day! Your family blessed us too. Keep in touch. :)

Chad · Married on 03/25/2012

I'm not even sure where to begin. From the guys perspective I would choose this place 10 out of 10 times. It was so stress free. They worked so well with my fiance and everything she wanted for the wedding. This always kept a smile on her face which means I had a smile. There were no "We can't do this" it was "We will get it done or something so close to it you won't know the difference." It was absolute perfect. The food was way past what we had expected and the photographer Scott Evans was just as amazing. The DJ, Eric, made sure he asked us how he should be for the reception so he was neither to outgoing or not enough for what we envisioned for our day. The weather, wow. I not that is God's call but for an outdoor wedding it couldn't have gotten any better. I'll put it to you like this, I can see a future baby shower here

Sent on 04/01/2012

matt · Married on 11/26/2011

After my proposal went viral all over the Internet, my fiance and I found ourselves as guest on TV shows such as The Ellen DeGeneres Show, CNN, The Today Show, Good Morning America, and many more. During all our media attention, we were contacted by wedding venues all over the world. We were even contacted by the TV show "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera". We could have had our wedding at dream locations we could only dream about, but, it was always our dream to be married in our hometown at the most incredible wedding venue called the Hazlehurst House. So it wasn't a hard decision for us to keep true to our roots and say "I do" on the grounds of the beautiful house that was built in the early 1800's, in the city we both not only grew up in, but also currently live in.

We are very happy we choose the Hazlehurst House as our wedding venue. They took a ton of stress off of us and took care of so much of the wedding planning. They do a lot of the services in house which made the planning so much more enjoyable for us. They created an incredible dinner menu, booked a great DJ, got us an beautiful cake, and even had Ginny's favorite flowers everywhere even though they were out of season! They had a lot of contacts and suggestions for photography, bands, and everything else needed to make a wedding a day you and your guest will never forget.

On our wedding day, our planner Leslie had everything planned down to the minute. It was awesome! She was so calm and yet excited the whole day. She made us feel like superstars and made our day run as smoothly as possible. We didn't have to stress or worry about one single thing because Leslie had taken care of everything. She stayed in contact with us and kept us updated along the way. We no longer look at her as our wedding planner, we look at her as a friend.

The Hazlehurst House is a place where vows are said, rings are exchanged, memories are made, and little girls dreams of their wedding come true.

Matt and Ginny
    www.mattandginny.com
    www.facebook.com/makingthemoviesjealous
    www.twitter.com/MattandGinny
    www.youtube.com/user/MattandGinny

Here is a link to a short video of our wedding at the Hazlehurst House

Sent on 02/05/2012