The Harlow Reviews

41 | Kansas City, MO

41 Reviews for The Harlow

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Berg Event space. The venue is so gorgeous: beautifully refinished hardwood floors, amazingly awesome windows with a great view of downtown, a very unique courtyard, a huge magnetic wall for so many possibilities and the best group of people to work with. Abbi was so great to work with. She made things easy for us the day of and helped my wedding day be perfect. The bar tenders were so fun and friendly, I wish I could have them prepare my cocktails all the time! We took full advantage of the magnetic wall to add a special touch to our wedding: place settings, marquee letters and a selfie station. Seriously, if you want a fun downtown wedding with a stunning setting then book the Berg, because you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Lindsey · Married on 05/20/2017

Absolutely perfect! Here's some highlights: it's beautiful; awesome bridal / grooms suites; staff (Abbi) is amazing; great options for time in/out; outside area for cocktail hour; super fast room flip; accomodating... I could go on an on. The Berg is perfect.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Emily · Married on 03/18/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Berg and everything was so wonderful! Abbi and her team did everything to accommodate our big day. If you're looking for a wedding venue, I highly recommend the Berg!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/13/2016

The Berg was one of the best decisions I ever made for my wedding reception!! Jillian was outstanding when it came to communication and answering all my questions. On top of that she was excellent with assisting me in all my needs and requests and worked wonderful with all my vendors and day of planner! I remember the first time I e-mailed her in a frenzy wanting to book a tour in less than 12 hours, not only did she e-mail me back that night, she accommodated my tour with no problem! We enjoyed every moment, from the first meeting to the final seconds of my reception, all in a stress free no worry environment...not to mention in a beautiful venue, one that requires very little decorations because its already the perfect space!!! Props to Jillian and the Berg on a job well done!!! I would highly recommend the Berg for your Wedding reception, I had more than a wonderful experience and I know everyone else will to!!!

Sent on 09/12/2016

shaila · Married on 04/02/2016

The moment we walked up to the Berg, my husband and I knew that it was exactly where we wanted to start our forever. The raw, open space has so much character and charm and to top it off, it has an amazing view of the city. Jillian was fabulous to work with. She, along with the entire Berg crew worked diligently to ensure that everything was lined up to make our day perfect. Everything about our day was absolutely amazing and that wouldn't have been possible without the Berg! I highly recommend this space for any special event you may be planning!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Lucy · Married on 06/13/2015

We were so happy that we chose Berg Event Space for our wedding reception! Jillian was so great to work with and the venue is beautiful. Although we did not have our ceremony at Berg, the outdoor patio space was perfect for cocktail hour and we felt like we were able to do a lot to make the indoor space our own. We had so many compliments from our guests and we could not be more pleased with Berg!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Melanie · Married on 08/02/2014

I can't even count the number of times since our wedding that people have raved about our event space. There was so much character at The Berg and our friends and family loved it. Beyond the incredibly cool space, Jill and Emily were phenomenal. We added the day of coordination package, and it probably was the best part of our budget spent to date. Emily made sure every decoration, timing detail and vendor element was in place. I didn't have a worry in the world on my wedding day. As a bride from the public relations realm, I knew I wouldn't be able to be in the moment if I didn't have someone else handling the moments. So thankful for all they did and the great event they put on for us. Money well spent!

Sent on 08/30/2014

The Harlow's reply:

5 out of 5! Thanks, Melanie!

Heather · Married on 07/26/2014

The Berg was perfect for our wedding. Jillian was professional and helped us coordinate all of our vendors. We loved working with The Berg and loved the space!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Caroline · Married on 05/17/2014

Berg Event Space is a modern urban loft conveniently located in downtown Kansas City. From the hardwood floors to the skylights and exposed brick walls, the space is sure to amaze your guests! The unique space looks great as-is or with personal touches throughout. This was the first event space my husband and I ever looked at and after seeing a few more, we realized it simply could not get better than Berg.

Event Manager Jillian Murphy was our primary contact at Berg Event Space and also did our day-of wedding coordination. She was wonderful to work with and had an answer for all of our questions!

The wedding coordination services were incredible. Berg offers 3 different levels of coordination packages (Full Service Coordination Package: $1,750, the Final Steps Coordination Package: $1,000 and the Day-Of Coordination Package: $699). I can’t tell you enough how worth it it was to have her detail-oriented and experienced guidance leading up to the event as well as throughout the evening.

I’ve always fancied myself a pretty simple and organized person, however with wedding planning it was only natural to have questions and need a little extra help. We had a completely stress-free wedding and our guests enjoyed every minute of it!

I highly recommend Berg to anyone out there looking at spaces. And if you’re curious about their coordination packages, take a look at their website or give them a call.

Sent on 05/27/2014

The Harlow's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review and kind words, Caroline. We can't wait to see images from your beautifully modern wedding day! You were a pleasure to work with. We hope that we helped make your day stress free!

I cannot even begin to express how lucky I feel that we chose the Berg for our wedding (going on nothing but photos and recommendations--I was planning from out-of-town). We had both our ceremony and reception at the Berg, and it could not have been more perfect for us. It has such a beautiful atmosphere--open but warm, contemporary but timeless, urban but classic.

The communication, professionalism, creativity, thoughtfulness, and skill of the Berg staff is unparalleled. I was a very organized, spreadsheet-y kind of a bride, but I didn't want to be setting up centerpieces in my wedding dress. We hired the Berg's Emily Ferguson to be our day-of coordinator, and I am now pretty much in love with her. She was perfectly happy to answer my millions of questions from afar (and did so with speed and comprehensiveness) throughout the process, and handled every detail of our wedding day perfectly. She thought of everything I didn't and made the whole wedding feel effortless and fun and meaningful. I honestly cannot thank her and the Berg enough.

Sent on 04/29/2014

The Berg Event Space is a perfect place for a ceremony and reception. We had 80 guests and it was a perfect fit. We couldn't have asked for better service from Jillian and Emily. They had every detail planned, nothing was left out. We were very happy with our decision to have our wedding there.

Sent on 02/09/2014

Kendra · Married on 10/19/2013

Love this place and the wedding coordinators were awesome. Jillian and Emily made my day perfect.

Sent on 12/28/2013

stephanie · Married on 06/01/2013

The venue is beautiful and the staff was so friendly and helped make my vision come true! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Amy · Married on 05/10/2013

Berg Event Space did an amazing job for our wedding on 5/10/13. I never wanted the night to end! Emily and Jillian were great to work with and extremely professional. I would and will be recommending this event space to everyone I know. Perfect venue, perfect staff, and perfect wedding! Thanks girls!!! -Amy Aligo

Sent on 05/23/2013

The Harlow's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review Amy! Your friends and family were a blast. Thanks for celebrating with us!! :)

Becky · Married on 11/17/2012

Berg was fantastic!!! And hiring Emily the wedding coordinator was the best decision I made!! She handled everything. And made sure my night was perfect!!!

Sent on 11/28/2012

The Harlow's reply:

Thank you Becky! It was great working with you! Congrats!

The Berg was exactly what we wanted- an urban loft downtown. I can't say enough great things about this place, from the helpful staff to the amazing look and feel! We received so many compliments on its uniqueness. We had both our ceremony and reception here with about 150 guests, which was the perfect amount for this space.

Sent on 07/14/2012

Kim · Married on 03/17/2012

I had been to a wedding at the Berg before and absolutely loved it! So when my fiancé and I were looking at spots it was one we knew we had to visit, and on first look he was sold as well. The space is really beautiful. It had the urban and modern yet still very classy look we were going for. The court yard, freight elevator, and bridal suite created the perfect settings for pictures; while the magnetic wall was a great way for us to display our story and pictures for all of our friends and family to enjoy!
    We took advantage of their day of coordinator service and without a doubt was one of the best choices we made. The staff was friendly, organized, knowledgeable, and incredibly easy to work! With them in charge I wasn't concerned about anything, and it made me have a surprising low stress kind of day! Thinking back we wouldn't have changed anything and would have chosen the Berg all over again!

Sent on 04/20/2012

The Harlow's reply:

Kim! Thank you for the great review (and the BBQ sauce!) :)

Donna · Married on 10/14/2011

The Berg was the most amazing place for our wedding and reception. We are an older couple celebrating a second marriage, and without exception, every guest raved about the space. It was the perfect venue for our special night. The staff was courteous and very responsive to every need and requirement. The ambiance was exactly what we were looking for to create a relaxed, hip vibe for an extremely happy occasion. The mood for the evening was set the minute the guests walked in the door and got a drink from the bar, and then sat at a table to enjoy the ceremony. Just a very accommodating and highly efficient group of people, and again, the space was amazing.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Melissa · Married on 09/03/2011

The Berg Event Space is a beautiful location to have a wedding reception. The space itself is positively gorgeous and the set up on our wedding day was perfect. Unfortunately, it was raining so we couldn't have the outdoor bar. The staff was super friendly and helpful- ensuring our day was positively perfect. I really appreciated the flexibility and attention to detail to make the space exactly as we wanted. We could not have been happier. It fit with our contemporary romantic theme and we received so many compliments on our space. Would highly recommend to others.

Sent on 10/31/2011
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/20/2011

The Berg was amazing! We were so lucky to get married at the Berg! Everyone was very helpful and fun! We would highly recommend this venue for any event!

Heather and Jason Hern

Sent on 06/07/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2016

I got had my ceremony and reception at The Berg Event Space in May of 2016 and have nothing but GREAT things to say! All of my and my now husband's family is from out of town and Jillian & Ron Berg were fantastic with allowing us to give each family a peek of the space when they came in to town. Jillian is very organized and keeps you on schedule with payments, a final walk through and any last minute details you may have forgotten. I HIGHLY recommend using The Berg Event Space for any of your needs- wedding ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner or a photography space!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Noorah · Married on 09/15/2012

The Berg Event Space was exactly what we were looking for when deciding on a venue for our ceremony and reception. We toured several venues and met with different event coordinators but nothing compared to The Berg. We wanted something unique but elegant and it was very important that we 'got a good vibe' from the event coordinator after our initial tour. The staff at The Berg exceeded our expectations! Event Manager, Jillian, is so professional, has excellent follow up and went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed out wedding day with no issues. Our guests were so impressed with how beautiful and unique the venue is. I HIGHLY recommend The Berg to hold your next event!

Thank you for a beautiful wedding and amazing experience!
    ~Noorah and Brett Nachbor

Sent on 10/03/2012

The Harlow's reply:

Thank you Brett and Noorah for all of your kind words! Congratulations!

Megan · Married on 09/18/2015

Jillian was great! The staff there knows what they are doing and made the day so special. Even though it rained and we couldn't use the beautiful outdoor space it was just as perfect inside. If you want something simple and naturally decorated then choose The Berg! Thank you guys for everything you did for us.

Sent on 09/20/2015

baylee · Married on 05/22/2015

Hands down the beat decision I made during wedding planning! (other than picking my husband) amazingly beautiful space, and it's so transformable! I went to two open houses, both looked gorgeously different and my wedding was very different from those looks as well - yet each set up looked perfectly at home! You can't go wrong here!
    Hiring Jillian as our day of coordinator was the second best decision I made! Worth every penny, and more! My 5 aunts and parents decided that the wedding could not have been set up in time, let alone so beautifully, If Jillian and her staff had not done all the work.
    A bridesmaid of mine got married in Estes Park, CO in the middle of the mountains and instantly told me she was so jealous of my venue she wanted to cry! That says it all! I got compliments alllllll night long from how neat the space was to how cute their bartenders were! Haha ?

Sent on 06/04/2015

The Harlow's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Baylee! It was such a blast working with you (and your mom!) I will most definitely pass on the compliment to our bar staff :)

Tobi · Married on 05/02/2015

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Berg Event Space. This was the only place that we looked and we fell in love with the atmosphere. The venue is beautiful!!! It can accommodate indoor and outdoor ceremonies!!! We worked with Jillian who was SUPER easy to work with and very helpful!! She and her staff did an amazing job and everything went off without a hitch (that I know of :))

Sent on 06/03/2015