The Happy Couple Photography Reviews

68 | Holden, MA

68 Reviews for The Happy Couple Photography

Jessica · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing team

This husband and wife team capture the most beautiful moments and truly know what they're doing.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Lyndsy

Lyndsy · Married on 10/13/2018

Beyond Happy with the Happy Couple

Choosing a wedding photographer is a daunting task, but we absolutely made the perfect choice picking The Happy Couple! We were lucky enough to have an engagement shoot, our wedding, and then a second reception all shot by the Happy Couple - and the pictures are flawless. Joe and Katye are amazing to work with and have the ability to capture every special moment with an artistic eye. What they do with natural lighting and contrast is unbeatable and it makes for photos that are not only beautiful, but are art pieces. All the photos we received will be forever treasured. Could not be happier that we selected to work with them and I highly recommend!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Renee

Renee Gosselin · Married on 09/29/2018

Joe & Katye are THE BEST Photographers

Joe & Katye are hands down the best photographers anyone could pick to capture all the moments of your wedding day.

Their style and ease at which they both work harmoniously together makes them the people I would select over and over again. They are highly experienced and professional which made the whole process leading up to the wedding day and everything on the wedding day a breeze.

What I love so much about their photos was their photojournalistic approach to the moments of whimsy, emotion, and beauty that comes from genuine, unposed moments. Every time I look through the photographs they took from my wedding day I feel like I am reliving the day over again.

There is no one better to photograph your special day than The Happy Couple Photography!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Micaela · Married on 06/16/2018

The Happy Couple Photography were phenomenal- they were responsive, reached out to us at specific increments throughout the planning process to ask questions and get all of our details straight, and made sure to get every shot we wanted. Their work is beyond beautiful, and their personal touch of having worked in photojournalism truly shined- they are able to capture so many moments- and I didn't even know they were there. I absolutely recommend them to anyone wanting photographs for any life event- wedding, pregnancy, baby, etc.- up and down the east coast.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

We had such a fantastic experience working with Joe and Katye! We did an Engagement Shoot with them in March and the pictures were absolutely stunning and they did such a nice job making what can be a semi-awkward photo shoot fun! As for our wedding, the photos are unbelievable. They captured the most amazing moments and are true magicians when working with natural light. We have so many gorgeous photos from our sunset shoot. They also did such a great job keeping the photos moving so that family members didn't dominate and our wedding party didn't get cranky! They also responded to questions promptly and turned the photos around very quickly. I would highly recommend working with Joe and Katye and would hire them again given the opportunity!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Ali · Married on 08/05/2017

Looking at the pictures is probably proof enough to learn the amazingness of The Happy Couple, but we want to make sure we gave you our thoughts as well! They do not simply take pictures, they capture elements, personalities and intimacy. Through the process of getting to know you as a couple, Joe and Katye learn who you are, how you interact and the idiosyncrasies that create the foundation of your relationship, and display your essence through their photojournalistic approach. When looking through your album, you will notice the tiny moments, gestures, smiles, embraces, laughs, funny faces that are caught and woven together, as you relive every emotion of the day. Thank you so much Katye and Joe for your incredible talent, kindness and support. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Taylor · Married on 05/13/2017

Visit Joe and Kayte's website and check out their beautiful work. Each photo is fun, unique and stunning. I would definitely recommend The a Happy Coupke, over and over again.

Sent on 05/27/2017

Christina · Married on 09/04/2016

When looking for wedding photographers, we both agreed on one major detail: we wanted someone who was professional and documentarian in style. We definitely got both when choosing Joe and Katye at the Happy Couple! The fact that Joe went to Penn State also sealed the deal with my husband!

We met Joe for an initial consultation and hired him immediately. After discussing our vision for the big day we decided to bring Katye in as well to document the wedding from a second perspective. They arrived on the wedding day to scout shoot locations and chose a lovely location for our first look. Our outdoor ceremony was amazing and Katye and Joe pulled us aside during the reception to capture some shots during sun set.

I would definitely recommend the Happy Couple to anyone in DC/New England looking for an amazing photography team!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

The Happy Couple Photography went above and beyond for our June 2016 wedding. I knew as soon as I found their website I wanted to hire them, and believe it was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! The photographs are absolutely beautiful and tell the entire story of the day, even the parts I didn't realize he was there for! The photographs were returned within a month, and there were tons of them, both in color and black and white. We chose to go with a photo booth, which I highly recommend because the pictures our friends and family took were so hilarious. I will treasure these photographs forever, and plan to tell everyone I know to hire them!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/29/2016

Joe was an amazing photographer and did a fantastic job on our wedding. He worked with us to make sure we were able to get a good balance of family pictures and candid pictures and was very responsive to our requests throughout the day. We couldn't be happier with the photos!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Jackie · Married on 05/28/2016

Selecting Joe as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Not only was he easy to work with and very responsive, but the photographs came out better than we even hoped was possible!

Starting with the engagement photos, Joe really set us at ease as we felt awkward about the shoot but wanted a nice picture to use for our save the dates and to capture the special time in our relationship. Joe was able to somehow get nice, natural photos in an hour despite our initial discomfort with being photographed.

As for the wedding day, we decided against spending money on a videographer, so we were really relying on the photos to capture the events of the day. Again, Joe more than delivered. We have photographs of moments I don't even remember because the day was such a blur! And he managed to take the pictures while seamlessly blending in so we could fully experience the event. Joe was highly accommodating to all of our requests and dealt with requests from family members as well. We hope to work with Joe and The Happy Couple Photography again to capture major life events in the future!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Katie · Married on 04/04/2016

We were delighted to work with Joe and Katye for our recent wedding. From the beginning, they were very communicative and willing to be flexible. On the day of the wedding, they were friendly, professional, and nearly invisible :) We appreciated their good senses of humor and willingness to be creative due to rainy weather. Within about a month, we got our photos, and they were absolutely amazing- better than we could have hoped. They truly captured all the emotions of the day, and we can feel our hearts getting warmer every time we look at them. Can't recommend Joe and Katye highly enough!!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Keith · Married on 09/12/2015

Joe and Katye, a.k.a The Happy Couple, exceeded our wildest expectations on all fronts! Not only was the quality of their work outstanding, they are also wonderful people and a joy to work with. Their energy, enthusiasm, passion for amazing photography, and kindness all contributed to making our wedding day so incredibly special. From adventurous photo shoots post-ceremony, to more intimate moments throughout the day, Joe and Katye were present with us. On many other occasions, when viewing our photo book, I thought to myself "I had no idea they were taking photos of that moment!" This is perhaps the best description of their talent and professionalism - providing direction and collaboration when appropriate, but also discreetly taking beautiful photographs of more intimate moments without being noticed.

My wife and I loved working with Joe and Katye and we cannot give them enough praise for their work, or a high enough recommendation for others interested in artful and skilled photography.

Sent on 01/08/2016

Kathryn · Married on 06/06/2015

We used The Happy Couple Photography for our wedding on June 6, 2015 and it was an incredible experience. Joe and Katye were super flexible with our requests, and captured the day perfectly. Everyone at the event commented on how professional they were throughout the night. I would 100% recommend Joe & Katye for your event, and we look forward to using them again in the future! :)

Sent on 08/10/2015

Jacqui · Married on 05/09/2015

We worked with Joe for our engagement and wedding photos. I was immediately a fan of The Happy Couple's work as I was doing my research on photographers, and I was so happy Joe was available on our May wedding date. Joe was super easy to work with, and had an organized process for everything. And not only were our pictures beautiful, but we got them back in record time! We also appreciated the picture hosting site and format they use to share and distribute our photos. We are so happy Joe was able to capture beautiful pictures on our special day!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Working with Joe was a great experience! He was flexible to work within our budget and make changes as we planned our wedding. On the day of our wedding, he was on time, easygoing and kept everything running smoothly. He captured the photos we asked and they came out absolutely beautiful! Very happy with our choice.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/09/2014

I highly recommend hiring Joe and Katye for your wedding (or other photography needs). You can trust Joe and Katye to catch those precious fleeting moments that you may not even know are happening. Their pictures not only document the events, but also convey emotion. Joe and Katye are also a blast to have around, which is key on your wedding day. Thanks, Joe and Katye!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Blaine · Married on 10/11/2014

Joe and Katye were great to work with - veryflexible and responsive and the quality of their work is incredible - highly recommended.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Shujun · Married on 09/06/2014

My best advice for anyone planning a wedding is to hire professionals you trust and let them do their thing. Joe and Katye are consummate professional photojournalists and there is nothing gimmicky, cheesy or overly trendy about their work. Their timeless photos perfectly capture the love, energy and emotion of our wedding day (and rehearsal dinner -- Joe was very accommodating about letting us sub in rehearsal dinner coverage in lieu of the photobooth or engagement session that was included in our package).

Not only are we thrilled with their work, but Joe was responsive and prepared, from our first meeting to the day of the wedding. He and Katye were such calming presences to have at our wedding and they were discreet and went with the flow of the day. They didn't tell us how to pose or how to arrange our wedding to make for better photography, even though we had a dark, challenging venue to shoot in. As a result, we are confident our photos truly reflect our day. We love looking back on our photos and knowing every shot was a perfect representation of that moment in time.

Every time we go back and look at our photos, we notice more details that make us smile. Joe and Katye are the best!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2014

Joe and Katye graciously came all the way to State College, PA to photograph our wedding and they could not have done a better job. They are so easy to work with; flexible, open to my ideas, and very organized. Since we don't live close by, we met with Joe via Skype and ironed out all the details beforehand. He made sure to ask every question I wouldn't have thought about. Everything went perfectly the day of the wedding, too. We had our locations picked out and he and Katye had some great ideas, too. We just got our photos last week and I can't stop staring at them! They are so unique (one of the reasons I chose this duo to begin with)! They find a way to capture special moments in a very different way; it's kind of hard to describe! I especially loved all the candid shots, and they photographed our wedding rings in a statue we had on our candy table - it turned out beautifully. Joe and Katye truly have an eye for composition and capture all the little moments during your big day that you weren't even aware of. I highly recommend them; they are such kind people and fabulously talented.

Sent on 09/17/2014

My husband and I used The Happy Couple Photography for our engagement photo shoots and our wedding in August. Joe was absolutely fantastic and exceeded our expectations in every way possible!

From the moment we got in contact he was very responsive and accommodating. He answered all of our questions promptly and thoroughly and he was on time and prepared for every one of our meetings and sessions.

We connected with him instantly and he made us feel comfortable being photographed right away. By the end of the first meeting we felt like we were best buds.

Joe is very passionate about his work. He would take a picture, look at it for a second, and go "WOW." His images are all absolutely stunning. We received the digital copies of our pictures in a timely manor. We love that the images came without logos, so we are free to use them in any way we would like. That was a major deciding factor for us.

Best vendor ever. Worth every penny. Thank you Joe!

Sent on 08/11/2014
  • User4198619 · 2+ years ago

We cannot say enough good things about the work that Joe and Katye did capturing our wedding on film. We have never seen our familes look so good! They both captured many hidden moments of the day, and we continue to find new corners of the experience to forward on to family and friends who attended.

Joe was pleasant and professional to work with, very up front and clear about pricing and expectations, and took the time to meet us at the venue ahead of the event to get a feel for the space. Joe and Katye working as a team really captured the day (Joe for the full day; Katye for half the day). Other than catering, we spent the most on photography...and it was WELL worth the price!!!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/15/2014

Joe and Katye were absolutely wonderful! They were such a pleasure to work with personally and professionally and the pictures came out stunning. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat (and already have). Thanks again for capturing my wedding day so beautifully!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Devin · Married on 12/15/2013

Joe did an amazing job with our wedding. He had done the photography for a wedding I had been a groomsman in and he was a blast to work with, so I figured we would go with him for our wedding as well. It was a great decision. Joe was on time and professional and got a feel for the layout of the venue (he had not shot there before), before we got going. He was flexible when the original schedule was tossed out the window (unsurprisingly it took the bride/bridesmaids longer to get ready than anticipated), and even with less time before the ceremony we were able to get the photos we had wanted. The photos were ready a few days early and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out.

Sent on 01/15/2014