The Haight Reviews

38 | Elgin, IL

38 Reviews for The Haight

Alissa · Married on 11/05/2016

The Haight is incredible! It's unique on its own, but by allowing (and encouraging) clients to add their personal touches to their industrial space, the Haight staff helps to create your dream wedding. Our coordinator, Briana, is the best! From our initial conversations to the days following the wedding, she was friendly, efficient, and very professional. We received many compliments on the setup, decor and flow of the evening, and it was all thanks to Briana's organization and execution. We want to relive our wedding over and over because it truly was the best day of our lives. You're in good hands at The Haight!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Mara · Married on 06/04/2016

My husband and I could not have been happier with how our wedding turned out at The Haight!! The space is beautiful, unique, and has a ton of character. There are interesting art pieces and furniture throughout, which really made the venue one of a kind. We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the space was! There are many variations of what you can do with decor and layout, which allows for a lot of creativity. Briana, the event manager, was extremely helpful about providing ideas of what would work there and what they've done for other events. Speaking of Briana, we worked with her from day 1 and she was simply amazing. She is a true professional, organized, responsive, and helped answer absolutely all of our questions with a genuine smile on her face and a positive attitude. I can be a bit overly organized and detailed, but Briana was right there with me (in a good way). It truly made the planning process and actual wedding day, both easy and stress-free, knowing that she cared about all of the same details as I did. We wouldn't hesitate recommending this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with exceptional staff.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Marta · Married on 04/02/2016

The staff at The Haight was very responsive to my questions. The venue is unique and has great ambience. our guests LOVED the look of the venue. The checklist with vendors and timelines Is very helpful for the event coordinator and the bride. I realized I had overlooked certain things while filling it out. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Haight and the 2 levels and 3 spaces really allowed for separate spaces for each phase of our big day- ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner/dancing each had a different location and vibe

Sent on 04/22/2016

Rebecca · Married on 11/20/2015

This is a one of a kind venue. The fact that you have the whole place to yourself is amazing. I've been to many weddings where you have to share the venue. This is YOUR day and you should keep it that way. :)

Sent on 09/02/2016

Amazing atmosphere, wonderful people, beautiful space, perfect night!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Leanne · event on: 10/13/2013

I am an event planner and was looking for a unique venue for my sister's larger-than-average guest count wedding shower. We ended up finding and falling in love with The Haight, where we hosted a rustic elegance fall bridal shower, complete with a chili bar and beautiful fall decorations. Everyone just loved it and didn't want to leave!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Loretta · Married on 09/29/2017

The Haight is a gorgeous but also cozy venue! We got married on September 29th at the Haight and everything was amazing!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Allison · Married on 08/11/2018

We had a beautiful wedding at The Haight! We fell in love at first site, and our guests are still talking about the awesome venue. There is so much character, it is awesome on it's own, and any additions just make it better. The bridal suite is truly amazing and calming. Briana was quick with responses and very helpful. Thank you all for the hard work!

Sent on 08/20/2018

The Haight's reply:

Thank you, Allison! It was wonderful working with you as well. Congrats again!
  • Kacy

Kacy Calderwood · Married on 06/01/2019

Fabulous DIY venue

I'm from Elgin and was therefore determined to get married anywhere but Elgin. That all changed when we saw The Haight! The staff is super knowledgable, easy-going, and accommodating; the space is unique yet also customizable; and the ability to interview and bring in all your own vendors makes this space the DIY Bride's PERFECT venue. We had our ceremony offsite so we had a lot of flexibility with the space. The rectangular layout of the reception hall was super versatile and had many benefits: we loved using the farm tables as the head table and how the dance floor was vast but not so big that it ever looked empty. It also allowed our guests to mingle and chat past cocktail hour and into dinner. Everyone raved about the outdoor patio- a must for summer weddings! So wildly happy with the venue, the staff, and the day itself!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

The Haight's reply:

Thank you so much Kacy! Your wedding day was beautiful and we truly enjoyed working with you, Will, and your families!
  • Jenna

Jenna Beadle Mchale · Getting married on 09/12/2020

The Best Venue!

The Haight was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout our entire wedding planning process! They were pretty accommodating and helpful with anything we needed or had questions about. We were able to go see the venue on multiple occasions prior to our wedding, which was so great to see the space in different settings.

Brett was our coordinator and truly helpful and amazing too. He was able to bring all our visions to light. I loved being able to drop off our decor items a few days prior and he had everything set up perfectly the day of. He worked with our other vendors to ensure everyone was on track and arriving at the right times throughout the day. He asked me multiple times throughout the day if we needed anything.

We paid to have the bridal suite an hour earlier and I was forever grateful to have it for 'getting ready' photos! We were also allowed to use their new outdoor patio space for photos without having to rent it. All of our guests were just as obsessed with the Haight as we were. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 02/19/2020

The Haight's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jenna! We truly enjoyed working with you! Congratulations to you and Kyle! :)

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2018

Great venue that requires minimal decoration due to its natural awe-striking beauty. Our wedding was 150 guests, and was a tight fit at that. Many additional charges for rentals from the venue (backdrop for the ceremony, table linens that are exclusively provided from the venue, candle treatment, etc). Great service and responsiveness from staff, but a few contractual promises were neglected (such as drinks provided in bridal/groom suite, and separation of the couple from the bridal party after ceremony to allow a minute to breathe) that were missed. Overall absolutely wonderful venue and staff, very organized coordinator service throughout the planning process.

Sent on 09/14/2018

The Haight's reply:

Hi Rebecca! Thank you so much for your review, we truly enjoyed working your wedding with you! We appreciate your feedback and do provide the drinks within the suites if requested! Of course, our add-ons (other than linens) are always optional and offered at a fraction of the cost of anywhere else. Again, thank you so much for your review, we're so glad you enjoyed your wedding day!

Charise · Married on 04/01/2016

4.2

Briana and the team are fabulous. They make having an event there very easy. And we got a ton of awesome feedback about the beauty of the venue - I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Rebekah · Married on 09/30/2016

3.6
      3.5

Such a pretty venue! The event coordinator, Briana was so great to work with! I planned my wedding in 6 months and since I didn't have much time, I wanted to book a venue ASAP. In the beginning when I was trying to secure and book a date, I had some trouble getting in touch with Briana. She was the only event coordinator and I think she took some vacation time (understandable!). Since then, they have hired another coordinator so others shouldn't have this problem. Also, the venue does have some restrictions in terms of caterers, alcohol, etc. but overall my wedding was gorgeous there! A litttttle on the pricey side but definitely the look I wanted. Briana also helped with the day of timeline, etc. She really was great! I do recommend!

Sent on 12/19/2016