The Hacienda Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Taylor Married on 01/29/2022

Amazing Venue

The Hacienda is an amazing place to get married at! From the helpful and friendly staff to the beautiful venue, it was a perfect wedding. The venue feels like a hidden gem. All of our guests were impressed at how beautiful the venue was. The venue is so well-decorated that it saves on cost as you don't need to buy any decor. Our guests were also impressed with how good the food and cake was. Would highly recommend!
  • Olivia
    Olivia S. Married on 01/02/2022

Everything we hoped for

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! The staff at The Hacienda always replied to our calls and emails within 24 hours, they were extremely communicative throughout the planning process, and on the day of the wedding everything ran so smooth and according to plan! They made the planning process and day of the wedding feel so much easier than I ever expected. Not to mention their prices are extremely reasonable and the venue is absolutely stunning. We got so many compliments about how beautiful it was.
  • Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 12/19/2021

A Hidden Gem

Wow. I am still reeling from our wedding this past weekend. It seems like so long ago that we found The Hacienda and booked our wedding. We were still in the middle of a somewhat lockdown so I never actually saw the venue until months after we were already booked (my parents went and did a venue tour and I trusted their judgment). The venue is quite unsuspecting from the outside and where it's located. Once inside, it's a beautiful historic-looking hacienda ranch. It was affordable, local, and fit the kind of intimate and homey vibe we wanted for our wedding.

I understand how hard it is to be working from home and not full-time in the office during the pandemic, so while emails may not have been answered right away, I always received a response and it was always courteous. Another thing is, you might not always be communicating with the same coordinator; however, nothing was ever lost in translation and all notes were accounted for when it came down to the final event.

After months and months of correspondence by email, I had my details appointment in September (for our December wedding) and it was nice to walk through the venue and talk through the details for table settings and where to have the ceremony, reception, et cetera. I was pleased to know I had a whole selection of cake designs. Right now, the popular trend is the plain frosted cake with flowers but I am not a huge flower fan so I got a pretty cake with scrolling detail. They were also accommodating to allow me three meal choices as we have some vegetarians in the family as well as ensured us of no peanuts in the food due to a severe allergy. Of course, I thought of more things after the fact and continued to email them over the next few months until our wedding. I'm pretty sure I even emailed them the night before with more last-minute changes.

During the rehearsal a few nights before the wedding, we worked with Amelia and she was so sweet with helping walk us through the ceremony and collecting all our items for the big day (e.g., cake topper, toasting glasses, decorations, seating chart, signs, guest book, etc.). I didn't see most of the venue until dinner started (the rush of the ceremony and dances, I didn't have time to look around haha). They truly brought my vision to life! If you're not settled on getting married during "wedding season" in the summer months, I would highly recommend December around Christmas time because the decorations truly elevate it to another level! I was nervous about how the food would taste because we never had a tasting but everything was delicious during dinner (I didn't try the appetizers, but everyone seemed happy!).

One thing to note is the wedding party can only access the venue 30 minutes prior to the ceremony so I didn't get to take any "getting ready" photos prior as we had arranged with our photographer to arrive to the venue an hour early and take photos on the outside (there are a couple of nice walls and decorative doors that are cute for photos). We had booked the entire venue so we had access to two dressing rooms which was nice to have a moment to collect ourselves before walking down the aisle.

All night, people were telling us how surprising it was to see the inside of the venue because it's so unexpected when driving up and parking in the small lot outside (btw, they have an attached parking lot and security patrolling the area, nice added touch). Everyone seemed to enjoy the food, the decor, and the whole night. The coordinators and staff kept us on schedule and checked in with us throughout the night. It was a magical night and I am so, so pleased with this venue. I hope to have a reason to come back in the future!
  • Jenna
    Jenna A. Married on 10/22/2021

Hidden gem

The Hacienda is an absolute hidden gem. My husband and I looked for venues for a while and we’re not finding anything we loved. We decided to check it out after a friend who got married here told us about it. The outside does the inside no justice. When we walked in, we felt like we had been transported to a beautiful and quaint Spanish town. There are twinkling lights and plants everywhere, and it is the perfect mix of being inside and outside. One of my favorite things about the venue was that we didn’t have to spend a lot on flowers or decorations because The Hacienda is naturally beautiful and already has everything you need. They take care of everything and made the wedding process easy and stress free. They were so helpful leading up to the wedding with answering questions and meeting with us to decide on everything that made our day so amazing. On the day of our wedding, we didn’t have to worry about anything, which was very important to us. They did a fantastic job of keeping us on schedule and guiding us through everything. It was very obvious that everyone at The Hacienda is very well rehearsed and knows exactly what they’re doing. My wedding planner was always there when I needed her and we were treated like royalty. Immediately after the reception, our guests were handed appetizers and champagne, and we got so many compliments on how classy it was. My husband and I constantly suggest this venue to people we know and we would love to be a guest at this venue someday haha. The Hacienda helped make the most important day of our lives, the best day of our lives and we are so happy we chose this venue. You will be too!
  • Alicia
    Alicia W. Married on 08/21/2021

The Hacienda is AMAZING!

As the coordinator for my daughter's wedding I couldn't ask for a more responsive venue to work with. Everyone who works there is calm and kind and the venue itself is romantic and beautiful. We were extremely happy to have chosen the Hacienda for such a special day.
  • The
    The B. Married on 08/09/2021

Best venue in los angeles

Stop looking! This place is it. We received so many compliments on the venue, the food, the staff and the whole evening itself.
    We got married on 9.20.20 and despite the pandemic, we had an amazing wedding! The staff is so sweet and everything is an amazing price. I wanted something all inclusive since I don't have the time to plan everything out/ The hacienda took care of us and it was a lovely experience. Your photos will look amazing and you'll feel like you were in a little town far far away!
  • Magdalena
    Magdalena R. Married on 02/04/2021

Amazing Experience!

WOW! My wedding was perfect. The Hacienda coordinators are very responsive from the very beginning. They always replied to my emails in a timely manner and gave me suggestions as needed. The day of my wedding, I did not have to worry about a thing! They had everything under control and were absolutely amazing! My guests could not stop talking about my wedding. They loved EVERYTHING about it. I definitely recommend them!!!
  • HUONG
    Huong N. Married on 01/01/2021

Exceeded our expectations!

The Hacienda is simply amazing, from the venue to the customer service. My fiancé and I decided to book the Hacienda 2 months before our wedding day. We honestly expected some mistakes would happen as we changed our mind almost every week on the wedding plan and seating chart. However, everything turned out so perfect on our wedding day. Our wedding coordinator was so patient and accommodating with us throughout the planning process. The thing that amazed me the most was how friendly the staffs were during our event. The whole team welcomed and assisted our guests with smiles from the beginning until the end. They were also very thoughtful for helping us carefully pack everything near the end of our wedding so we could take off whenever we want to. After our wedding day, my fiancé and I got a lot of compliments from our guests for choosing such a beautiful venue with plenty parking spots (a big plus!) I will definitely recommend the Hacienda to any couples.
    Deborah S. Married on 11/05/2020

Amazing professional venue and staff

We had the best experience with this venue! The staff was amazing , I cant stress this enough. They are attentive to every detail!!! They took care of everything and the wedding went on without a single issue. Laurelle was the best coordinator ever! Art and Jenny are amazing as well! The venue is gorgeous and spotless!
    Virginia T. Married on 10/02/2020

Best experience ever

They were excellent and very organized. I am so happy I decided to have my ceremony there
    H Sezer Married on 09/13/2020

Perfect Venue

A must for your wedding or any affair. The venue is stunning, food is terrific, and the team are professionals.
    Britnee S. Married on 09/11/2020

Great service and most beautiful place to get married!!

I recommend the Hacienda in Santa Ana as the ultimate and most dreamiest place to get married! Due to covid-19, I had to postpone my wedding three times this year, and every step of the way the Hacienda and their wonderful coordinators helped me figure things out and made it a breeze to reschedule until our wedding day finally was able to happen on September 11th, 2020. The coordinators are very kind and respond quickly if there are any questions or concerns. This venue is the most beautiful place and it's exactly the right vibe of romantic and dreaminess that any couples getting married would wish for, for their special day! I am so glad that we were blessed to find this venue, and would 100% recommend it!
    Jodi M. Married on 07/04/2020

Dream Wedding Venue

The Hacienda was a dream wedding venue! From the decor, service, food, ambience, to the amazing staff and wedding coordinators to help you, The Hacienda is the perfect place to have your wedding! We could not have had a more stress-less time organizing our wedding and that was all down to the Hacienda. The co-ordinators have your back with all the details organized so you seriously just have to turn up and have a good time! The value of what you pay and what is included is out of this world! We can't thank the Hacienda team enough for making this such an enjoyable process and helping us have the most fantastic night!!!
    Katie Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue

The Hacienda is a very romantic venue and you step into a whole new world. It is full of greenery and lights so you don’t need to hire a florist for extra decoration. The Hacienda is so buttoned up that they can run 3 weddings at the same time! I am so impressed! My wedding was perfect. They make wedding planning a breeze and know everything about how to make a wedding run smoothly. I will be throwing future family events at The Hacienda!
    Megan M. Married on 02/15/2020

Everything was Perfect

We couldn’t have asked for a better venue for our wedding. From day one, The Hacienda made the whole process very easy and was always available to answer my questions. We bought out the entire venue as we didn’t want to chance another wedding going on at the same time. This allowed for the entire grounds for pictures and multiple set up arrangements in the event of rain. The food was excellent and everything ran very smoothly. I highly recommend The Hacienda
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 11/27/2019

Brunch to a Wedding

This venue has not disappointed me yet! Fell in love with the venue while having mimosa brunch, loved the atmosphere and vibe and met with the wedding coordinator to bring out their date book. Right then and there we picked our date to have our wedding at The Hacienda.
  • Ashlei
    Ashlei L. Married on 10/13/2019

Most magical Venue ever!

The Hacienda is the most beautiful venue for an excellent price. They list their prices on their website, which is helpful bc most venues don't do that. Their food is impeccable, just so good. Their team is very responsive via email or phone. They have a coordinator day of and they have it down to a science. They truly help you move through the day. The venue itself is so so so magical. When you walk in you're blown away by how beautiful it is. We didn't even use that much of our own decor. They provide flowers for the sweetheart table and the cake. Their cake is beyond good. I just can't say enough good things about our wedding experience. If you can afford the extra hour of time, take it. It's a must bc 5 hours isn't enough time for everything and you won't want to leave either bc the experience will be so fun. Our wedding was so full of love and light heartedness. Just perfection.
  • Joshua Roller
    Joshua Married on 10/05/2019

This place was magical

When we started planning our wedding, we were 100% sure we wanted a more modern venue. That went out the window the minute we walked into The Hacienda. The building, plants, lighting, and service left us stunned. The entire team was amazing. The took care of everything and seeing everything decorated and light up was beyond magical. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. The cake was delicious, the food was great, the setting was out of a book, and the way they took care of us was above and beyond. We don't plan on having another wedding, but we loved everything about our special day that, if we had to do it all over again, we'd do it at The Hacienda.
  • Olisa
    Olisa H. Married on 06/23/2019

Best venue ever!

This is by the best venue in OC. It is a hidden gem in Santa Ana and is so perfect for a wedding. Our wedding day was amazing because we got to get married, but this venue is so magical and enchanting and made for the most absolutely perfect wedding day. The one compliment we got most on our wedding day and for days after was how beautiful our venue was and how amazing everything turned out. Let me just say, I hardly had any decorations for our wedding because this place is already perfect on its own. I only added a few things to accent their amazing decor and to add a touch of personalization. Not only is this place magical, but they practically do everything for you which relieves so much of the wedding stress. I am so thankful we found this place and got to meet the wonderful coordinators and the rest of the staff there. Thank you to everyone at the hacienda!
    Sabrina Married on 04/28/2019

The Hacienda Is AMAZING!!!!

The Hacienda literally gave me my dream wedding. I wanted something vintage, unique, rustic, warm, and romantic - The Hacienda was all of those things :) All of my guests raved about how gorgeous the venue was, attentive the staff was, and delicious the food was - over and over we were told how this was the most beautiful wedding guests had ever attended, and how many found it to be a wedding out of a movie - some guests even told us they were waiting for something to go wrong, but nothing ever did!! What an amazing memory, beautiful time for my husband and I. No complaints - worth every penny. They are all inclusive, so they really do quite a lot - you will save money in the long run by going with The Hacienda!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 04/20/2019

We LOVED The Hacienda

I don’t know where to start with The Hacienda. They made our wedding dreams come true! ✨ Everything was absolutely perfect! All team members we spoke/worked with were kind, professional and helpful. Every space in this place is picture perfect. The carrot cake was one of the best carrot cakes I’ve ever had and it was so beautiful! I can’t say enough good about them and this hidden gem in Santa Ana. The Hacienda will forever hold a special place in my heart and I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a venue ♥️✨
    Marisa M. Married on 02/17/2019

Exceptional Wedding Venue

The Hacienda is a great wedding venue. This past February, my husband and I held a brunch ceremony and reception in the Taos Room and Courtyard and words cannot express how wonderful The Hacienda is. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. Everywhere you turn is picture worthy and has a romantic historical feel. The food is great, it is Mexican style buffet which features everything you can think of from omelette station, tamales, carnitas, and enchiladas. Most importantly, the venue is one of the most affordable venues I found in the area for the quality of service and all inclusive package. The all inclusive package is a price per person which includes use of a designated area of the venue, buffet, unlimited champagne/alcohol, cake, linen, tables, etc. There is no additional venue fee. You cannot beat that anywhere! The best part of my wedding experience at The Hacienda were the event coordinators that are included in your wedding package. From the beginning stages to the day of, The Hacienda event coordinators consistently work so hard to ensure that your day is perfect and that your wedding vision is happening. I am a bit of a control freak and explained exactly to the coordinators how I envisioned my wedding day and all the details (favors, name placements, seating chart) and they took care of all the set up. The day of the wedding, they guided me throughout the process and all the details went perfectly. My husband and I were so happy with how the day turned out and highly recommend (I mean highly) The Hacienda to anyone for their special day.
  • Crystal
    Crystal R. Married on 02/09/2019

Never thought I would have this level of wedding experience

I’m so happy we checked out the Hacienda. I never thought of having a big wedding because of the cost but the hacienda is incredibly affordable and the most beautiful site we visited so it was a no brainer. One and only negative was there were a few things that were miscommunicated such as the centerpieces and another the ceremony music. We were told by someone we had a choice of roses or orchids but roses are only for December weddings, and ceremony music must be live and if you choose anything off the list of the pianist it’ll cost $25 whether or not he knows it. These few things are fine but because there are a few different people helping you, you will get different answers. I still give 10/10 or 5 stars because of the helpfulness of Lauralee and Christin and also Claudia the manager. Thank you for bringing my dream wedding to life.
    Judy Married on 02/03/2019

Beautiful Venue!

I’d like to start off with saying The Hacienda is one of the best choices I made throughout my wedding planning. The effortless decors spent on our end to the food provided were beyond exceptional. It is pretty much a one stop shop! My husband and I are still at awe at the whole experience we received from the venue and our coordinators Malissa and Lauralee! The venue will forever be a special place for us and we can’t wait to visit again for brunch!
    Annie D. Married on 01/26/2019

Fairytale without the Pricetag

I was looking for an effortless, one-stop-shop location to host my wedding and am so happy I went with the decision to go with The Hacienda. The venue and decor is so full of charm. I cannot over emphasize that you do not need anything else to enhance what is already provided as part of the wedding package. I was very pleased with the level of service the staff and wedding coordinators provided leading up to - and the day of - the wedding. We had a 75 person champagne brunch wedding and 4.5 hours was adequate timeslot to complete our ceremony, formal pictures, welcome speech, host a first dance & a mother son dance, cut cake, and best man/maid of honor toasts. I highly recommend the hosted bar if you do not think all your guests will be drinking. My family from out of town are quite picky eaters and I was a little worried about what they would think of the food but many of my aunts and uncles complimented the fancy breakfast food, and went back for seconds on the carrot cake.

My recommendation is to host a daytime wedding and bring in entertainment instead of the typical DJ/dancing that comes with evening weddings. We surprised the crowd by bringing in a magician and a caricaturist - which was a huge hit all around. Instead of a DJ we opted for Cale Music (which came recommended from The Hacienda) and they were truly a remarkable duo. We had lots of children and hired an event chaperone and brought in activities for the Kid's Table (a must do for families with LOTS of children). I brought in favors, guestbook, a ton of extra "day of" items to set up and provided the coordinators with the latitude to set up how they please without much instructions - I'm so glad I did because they did it beautifully (pinterest worthy).

I would say The Hacienda is a perfect fit for anyone looking for ease, fun, and fairytale without the pricetag. Special thank you Christin and Melissa for being stellar coordinators! Thank you Hacienda for giving me the wedding of my dreams!