The Grove Redfield Estate Reviews

171 | Glenview, IL

171 Reviews for The Grove Redfield Estate

Tim · Married on 09/05/2015

Gorgeous venue! We had our wedding at The Redfield Estate in September of 2015. Carol & Shelley were great in helping us reserve the space and providing recommendations on preferred vendors, which worked out great! After seeing the site without any setup, we knew wanted to be there, but after seeing and being there with everything set up for the wedding it was more beautiful than we could have expected. The rental coordinators and staff are warm and helpful. I would recommend this site to anyone for an event or wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2015

The Grove was great for a wedding venue. The staff was helpful and the venue was perfect. I would highly reccomended this venue to my friends and family!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Linda · Married on 08/07/2015

My husband and I met at The Grove Redfield Estate and couldn't think of a more appropriate place to hold our ceremony. It was all last minute and the staff at The Grove were wonderful. We found a Friday morning that worked for us and they did a wonderful job of making this happen for us.

We choose a small ceremony in the pavilion with 45 friends and family members. We got everything we asked for and had no worries at all. We arrived with a hug from Carol Di Lorenzo with wishes for a beautiful day and that is just what we got.

We had a simple, yet elegant wedding. Had access to the whole estate so our guest could see this beautiful place, had lovely bridal and groom rooms to use and the pavilion was perfect for our needs.

The Grove is an excellent venue for your special wedding day! I highly recommend it for making your day memorable and beautiful. I will cherish our special day always.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Jen and Phil · Married on 07/11/2015

Absolutely beautiful location! The staff here was amazing and very helpful throughout the wedding process. We can't thank them enough!

The only con would be the mosquitoes during summertime, so please plan ahead!

Sent on 08/21/2015

The Redfield Estate at The Grove is a beautiful venue for a wedding. We had our wedding ceremony in the large covered Pavilion that is outside, dinner reception in the house, and back outside in the Pavilion for desserts/dancing. Carol was quick to respond to our questions during the planning process and The Grove staff were very accommodating during the day of the wedding. It was the perfect venue for our ~ 65 guests and everything worked out smoothly even on our rainy wedding day. During the evening, we had the fireplace and heat lamps set up in the Pavillion since it was cold outside. I'm so glad that they have they option of setting up heat lamps outside. We highly recommend the Redfield Estate at The Grove for weddings.

Sent on 06/13/2015
  • ProteasAndMagnolias

Arrianna · Married on 05/23/2015

Amazing venue if you like the idea of an outdoors wedding/reception, but want to have a back-up plan. The Grove is a forest preserve that provides a beautiful lush, verdant backdrop for your event.

If it rains, there is the option of having the reception inside the Redfield Estate, as well as underneath the Pavilion. I've been very happy with Carol DiLorenzo and the Redfield Estate's Event Planning staff. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone else looking for a venue (for a wedding with up to 125 guests) in Chicagoland's North Shore.

Sent on 04/25/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/25/2015

The Grove was the absolute most amazing place to have my wedding! The scenery is so beautiful and unique. We received several compliments from our guests regarding the setting. Everyone at the Grove was great to work with and prompt to respond. I would recommend the Grove to anyone! I would love to re-live my wedding day at the Grove. It is more than I ever dreamed it could be!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2014

We had the perfect Fall Wedding at The Grove! It was everything we could have dreamed of and more. The venue is absolutely beautiful and everyone we worked with was so accomodating.

Sent on 12/12/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/28/2014

The Grove was a fantastic place to get married! Our day was perfect and the setting was absolutely magical. Everyone was professional and easy to work with. I cannot recommend the Grove highly enough.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 09/06/2014

We wanted to try a few things that the Grove had never done before — including arriving to our ceremony in a horse-drawn carriage that our guests were able to ride during the reception, and setting up a mobile pizza oven. The Grove staff was exceptionally accommodating!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Erin · Married on 08/20/2014

The Grove/Redfield Estate.. absolutely beautiful. After a little bit of research we landed on this venue. It was winter when we first saw the venue in person. The trees were dead and there was snow all over the place preventing us from really getting a good idea of what the grounds looked like. There WERE some wildlife visitors which made the tour really cool! The staff here is extremely friendly and accommodating. They were quick to respond to any questions I had and there were no sort of hidden rental fees or anything. They were available when we needed them to be and the day of our event they weren't visibly present (which was great, so you didn't feel like you were being babysat) but were still available when we needed them! For example, the day of our event.. half way through.. we decided we wanted some fans. 5 minutes later the crew is rolling out the fans! We had our rehearsal at the venue and the staff made sure to be present for us on that day. Our wedding was in August so of course the grounds looked very different than they did in the winter.. but in an amazing way. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the setting was. Everything was beautifully green, trees full, flowers blooming.. just gorgeous. Even the wildlife! Not many people could say they had deer, chipmunks and baby raccoon crash their wedding, right?! This IS a public area but once rented out - you have a LOT of space to yourself and we didn't have to worry about strangers wandering in on our wedding happenings. On top of the grounds being beautifully kept, the house is beautiful as well. It was nice to have a back-up plan if it were to rain that day and you didn't have to compromise with the beauty of the scenery. I would absolutely recommend this venue to everyone and anyone. You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Bianca · Married on 06/22/2014

My fiancee and I loved the venue and we are very thankful that Carol with her staff made us feel welcome at all times. Carol worked with us throughout the entire process and provided exceptional service. Carol and her assistant were always available if we had a question or concern. I'm especially happy that our guests enjoyed themselves and that I was able to marry my best friend at this location.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Bianca · Married on 06/22/2014

I've always wanted my wedding in a garden setting and away from all the noisiness of the streets; I must say The Redfield Estate gave us just what we wanted. The venue is just filled with beauty all around and my favorite part was being able to have my ceremony and wedding all in one place. Our guests felt very comfortable with the open space the Grove had provided. Also, what made our planning much easier was being able to work with Carol and staff. They were always available to answer any questions whether by phone or via email. We had many ideas on how to decorate and Carol was there to guide us in the right direction on how to do so. We are just all around grateful for this hidden gem and for the people we were able to work with. I would definitely recommend this venue for a wedding!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • User4219754 · 2+ years ago

The Redfield Estate was the perfect venue for our wedding of about 50 guests. As I was planning the wedding from out of town, I had to book the place based on pictures, but the beautiful house grounds did not disappoint when I was finally able to see the place in person. Even our photographer (who had not photographed here before) was genuinely excited about all the great photo opportunities in such a beautiful place!

We held the ceremony on the front lawn under the oak tree and then held dinner and the rest of the reception inside the house. We had originally planned to have dancing and a dessert table set up in the pavilion, but the threat of rain, general muggy weather, and bugs convinced us to move that part into the air-conditioned house. However, it still worked out great! We held our first dance and our band played on the balcony overlooking the great room. Due to the small size of our wedding, everyone could sit together in the great room for dinner. We just moved a few tables for the dancing later on in the night.

The staff we worked with, both Carol and Mary, were very accommodating and helpful with allowing us to visit the place for planning, make pre-wedding deliveries, and reminding us of upcoming payments. We would highly recommended the Redfield Estate to anyone looking for a wedding venue that perfectly accommodates a smaller crowd.

If you do choose Redfield Estate, we would also like to recommend Refined Dining, our chosen caterer from the approved list. They were great to work with, very reasonably priced, helped with all the setup and take down, and their bartender was even willing to learn how to properly pour our home-brewed beer!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Katie · Married on 06/14/2014

My Husband and I just got married here in June and it was the perfect venue. Our wedding was magical and would not have been the same had we chosen another venue. It was beautiful and the staff is very helpful and easy to work with. We had both the ceremony and reception here and could not have had a better wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/13/2014

This venue is truly a hidden treasure! Everything was so beautiful. The manager was quick to respond to my emails, there was always staff on-site to help me with questions, and you hVe options to have your wedding inside or outside. The only thing I wish they had was more preferred caterers but we went with Sparvim from Everyday Gourmet, her food was delicious and affordable!

It has been almost a month since my wedding and my guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was, I will definitely be back!

Sent on 07/01/2014

LuAnn · Married on 06/08/2014

We had a lovely wedding at the Redfield Estate at the Grove. The grounds were well maintained and everything was beautiful! The facility met all our needs, from getting dressed beforehand, to the ceremony in the gazebo and brunch in the estate. All our guests enjoyed the day...even the little ones who had plenty of room to explore. We highly recommend the Grove and its staff! Thank you for a perfect day!

Sent on 07/15/2014

LuAnn · Married on 06/08/2014

Sent on 07/15/2014

Dahlia · Married on 06/08/2014

The staff was courteous and flexible. Everything was handled discreetly! The venue was BEAUTIFUL with minimal decoration!! I received so many compliments! I absolutely loved The Grove and would use their venue again! Thank you so much for helping to make my wedding a stress-free success!!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Dahlia · Married on 06/08/2014

Thank you to The Grove for providing such a great venue for my wedding. The staff was efficient and courteous! The Marys answered all of my questions and were very flexible with my planning. The space itself was beautiful and my pictures will attest to that!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Very nice venue with many options for your wedding. Very easy to work with this staff and affordable.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Michael · Married on 04/12/2014

My husband and I got married at Redfield Estate on April 12, 2014 and we had an excellent experience! This venue was absolutely beautiful, even in early April when the trees and flowers hadn't bloomed out. We worked a lot with Carol and Mary, and they were both very friendly, professional, and quick to return correspondence. The caretaker the day of was excellent too. He was there when we needed him, and out of the way when we didn't. You get use of the entire grounds for your event, which includes the house, the pavilion, a gazebo, and a large, beautiful yard. There is a fireplace in the house and in the pavilion that you can use as well, for a $50 charge. They rent the venue in 7 hour intervals, which should include set-up and tear-down time. We added an hour so that our rental went from 5:00 pm - 1:00 am, so that we could have our reception up until midnight. There is also a carriage house with a refrigerator that you can store your stuff in before and after the event. We had about 95 people at our wedding, and while the venue technically holds 125, about 100 is as much as will be comfortable if you have your whole event in the house. If you have everything in the pavilion, you can fit more. The venue had plenty of tables and chairs to accommodate our guests that were included in the cost of the rental. And speaking of the cost, this venue is VERY affordable, especially if you do your wedding in the "off season" like we did. There was an upfront damage deposit of $500, but after we got the deposit back our rental costs were well under $1500. Given how gorgeous the venue is and how little extra decoration it needs to make your wedding fairy-tale beautiful, you'll really get a bang for your buck with Redfield Estate! I would highly recommend it to anybody, our wedding there was like a dream!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Wonderful venue..everything was perfect

Sent on 03/05/2014
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 10/12/2013

The Grove was gorgeous! We had a wonderful wedding ceremony while it downpoured, the Grove was very flexible though in waiting until an hour and a half before the ceremony to set up the chairs. We decided to set up the chairs below the pavillion as it was threatening to rain, and we had the grove turn on the fireplace, the ceremony itself was gorgeous and we loved the entire set-up. Good thing we used the pavillion, it poured rain during our vows and it drizzled the rest of the time. Everyone was safe from the rain, which of course let up after the ceremony. Thank you Grove for all your help! The Redfield Estate is mindblowing how beautiful it is, I have seen a few of my photos already and they are amazing, worthy of a bridal magazine! :)

Sent on 10/18/2013
  • Ricki

Ricki · Married on 09/29/2013

This is a beautiful place, it is well kept, the staff is nice and helpful. Everyone loved our wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2013