The Grove Redfield Estate Reviews

171 | Glenview, IL

171 Reviews for The Grove Redfield Estate

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2017

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about The Grove. Now I know I may be biased since it was my own wedding, but it was without a doubt the most magical fairytale like wedding I have ever been to! The grounds are breathtaking, especially with the bistro lights at night. Every minute of the evening we had someone coming up to us telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to! We had about 85 guests which was the perfect size for an outdoor wedding in the pavillion. We loved, as well as our guests, that they could walk around outside and see all the beautiful landscape, instead of being stuck in one room. Carol and Shelley were exceptional from the very start and always very quick to answer all our questions leading up to the event. The on-site staff the day of the event were also extremely helpful. If you are looking for a dream outdoor wedding venue, stop right now and book at The Grove!

Debbi · Married on 07/30/2017

Thank for you a wonderful wedding reception this past Summer. Everyone on the Grove staff was excellent from the first phone call until we loaded the last item after the Reception was over. The Staff was there early on the day of our event to make sure that the Caterer, Florist and Photographer had everything that they needed. The Grove Staff was able to share the History of the Grove Site, take us on a tour of the building and the grounds and even provided bug spray for our Guests. From the moment we inquired about renting until the last item was loaded in the car after the event, the Grove was very responsive, professional and welcoming. I would highly recommend this Site and would not hesitate to rent from them again. Sincerely, Debbi M. Woolf

Sent on 11/13/2017

laura · Married on 07/21/2017

We loved having her wedding ceremony at Redfield estate. The grounds are beautiful and offered many options for pictures. We enjoyed having the option of the house to get ready in and have immediate family hangout with us while we got ready and during pictures. It was so convinent too that we had at our ceremony and then we were able to go right into her pictures on the grounds. Compared to similar venues Redfield was more affordable and the quality of service was great.

Kathleen mae · Married on 07/13/2017

Great place for an outdoor wedding for both ceremony and reception and a plan B indoor option!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Roxanne · Married on 07/08/2017

We had a beautiful wedding - in our budget at the Redfield Estate. Our ceremony was in the gazebo area, and reception was outside on the patio and pavilion. We were extremely happy with the service, the preferred caterer we used- Everyday Gourmet - and the flexibility of the staff at the Grove. We had our dream wedding for a price we were comfortable paying! Plus our photos-all taken on site- were beautiful because of the luscious grounds. Can't wait to come back.

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 04/15/2017

The Grove is so beautiful I can't even begin to explain. My husband and I were on our way to look at another venue while we were driving and I saw the sign for the grove while I was looking out the window. I googled it and fell in love with the website alone, I sent an email & got a phone call the next morning. We set up an appointment that week and couldn't resist having it there. We did minimal decorating because really, you don't need a lot, the place has so many different elements of beautiful. You can walk anywhere on the property to take pictures. They also give you a map to help you know where you are, I just wish that the day didn't go by so fast to be able to get so many different areas. It could look like you went to different locations all in one! We loved everything about Carol & Ashley, they really wanted to help us make our day perfect!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Greg · Married on 11/18/2016

The Grove is a beautiful venue that was perfect for our 75 guest wedding. The vintage and homey appeal is just what we were looking for. We got married in the Pavilion in front of the fireplace which was absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Claudia · Married on 10/21/2016

We had the most beautiful day and the best time at the Redfield Estate. It was a magical and romantic day/evening outside. Beautiful place and the staff were very kind and responsive. We would highly recommend the grove.

Trinity · Married on 09/10/2016

This venue is perfect for someone with a smaller wedding who loves to be close to nature, and wants a classy, rustic & romantic feel. Guests will be blown away by the uniqueness of the place and the nostalgic vibes of history will keep the conversations going!

Sent on 09/25/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2016

Not only was the venue beautiful, but the staff there were extremely accommodating. There were 2 staff available the whole night, helping my party pick up decorations and offering advice as to where we could leave things until the next morning.

I can't tell you how many people told me "I am going to tell my friend about this place so they'll get married here! It's so gorgeous!" The outdoor pavilion was perfect for our 70 person wedding. Even when it dropped down to 70 degrees and the older guests were getting cold, we just closed off one side and it was perfect.

Carol and Shelley, the rental coordinators were always available for any questions I had and promptly responded to emails I sent. Overall, we had a wonderful experience with the grove. This is such a hidden gem with its winding entrance, timeless antiquated home, pristine grounds, and beautiful natural decor, you CANNOT go wrong.

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • X

Xin · Married on 08/27/2016

decent place for a small wedding. Pretty nice house

Sent on 12/08/2016

Gleb · Married on 08/18/2016

Great Experience, everything worked flawlessly. Very beautiful and affordable venue, we heard a lot of compliments from our guests about the venue.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Spencer · Married on 07/23/2016

When my bride (then bride-to-be) and I began looking for venues, we looked into at least a dozen places closer to home before making the trip out to The Redfield Estate (which was about a 45 minute trip for us and our families). However, from the moment we stepped on the grounds we knew this was the right place. The property is simply breathtaking, and there are a lot of beautiful spaces that can be used for many things in a wedding, outdoors and indoors.

Our wedding was an evening wedding, and unfortunately the rain also wanted to attend. The staff at The Grove was beyond helpful in keeping us up-to-date on the weather, providing a gorgeous white umbrella for the bride when we did have to move outdoors during the rain, and helping to mop up any water that was tracked inside before slipping became a concern. There were also some powerful outdoor fans provided to keep our covered pavilion cool, when everyone was dining and dancing outdoors.

I think I need to find another excuse to plan an event here, because it was beyond beautiful, and I can't wait to return (hopefully without rain clouds this time).

Some pictures from our rental:
    The Estate (front): https://goo.gl/photos/9oDJs4oVrMsWvX3B9
    The Estate (rear): https://goo.gl/photos/sdwXVRvMJMbvstcL7
    The Pavilion (day): https://goo.gl/photos/aco8M7879N2vdPUb6
    The Pavilion (night): https://goo.gl/photos/1eHGhw2LximR9Yxz6
    Deer Statue (night): https://goo.gl/photos/2mEE4FBG5LnfYsXP9

Sent on 07/30/2016

Vee · Married on 07/09/2016

This place is so beautiful! The house and grounds are very well kept. Great for small to mid size weddings. There's a house, gazebo, pavilion on the grounds you can use. Have your event inside or outside, it's all gorgeous! Book it early though, the dates fill up fast!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Tania · Married on 07/08/2016

We just got married at July in The Grove and couldn't be better choice. The place is natural beautiful and with different options of sites for you ceremony. We choose do our ceremony at the gazebo. Also they gave us all support and they were ready in case of rain. Carol and Shelley were very helpful each time we talked with them. If you looking for a beautiful place with option outdoor or indoor and with a reasonable/good price you definitely should go to the Grove. Thank for the wonderful experience. We and our guests loved the place of our wedding.

Sent on 07/25/2016
  • User6756821 · event on: 05/19/2016

Chose the Grove Redfield Estate because of the location which is close to our Campus and the ambiance is so inviting.
    The price is reasonable and affordable for the College, and the conditions are perfect for our meeting event.
    Carol is wonderful, responsive to our needs and she tries to anticipate what we will need. I also met a few members of the facility staff and they also were very accommodating and friendly.
    We chose Hel's Kitchen because the service is prompt and the staff is helpful and friendly and the food is delicious. Our guests always rave about the food and how it is displayed.
    I do recommend your venue to others anytime I get a chance.
    Nothing please don't change staff, or policies etc it is perfect for our event and we will return each year. This was our 3rd year.

Sent on 05/25/2016

This was a phenomenal site for my wedding...it was honestly like a dream. People are still talking about what a beautiful, unique space it was. Carol and Shelly were very helpful and always quick to respond to my queries. The Grove was affordable but impressed my guests sooooo much! It was cozy, romantic and charming. I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 04/27/2016

An absolutely beautiful venue and the people we worked wiith could not have been more friendly and helpful. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/25/2016

This is the PERFECT location for any event!
    The Grove Staff is of the utmost in event professionalism!
    Be assured that your date will be one made of beautiful happy memories at The Grove!

Sent on 02/25/2016

Julie · Married on 01/09/2016

I hunted high and low for a venue to host my daughters baby shower. I located The Grove and couldn't have selected a better location. Everything from the staff, to the grounds and facilities was perfect. The event was fabulous and the guests are still talking about the event, especially the venue.

Thank you to the entire Grove team for your part in making our event one that will be remembered forever!

I'm looking forward to seeing you for our next event.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/28/2015

We knew the Grove was our dream wedding space as soon as we pulled up. Carol was fantastic. She was so helpful and accommodating. The day of the wedding the staff was on top of everything. Every person at our wedding was impressed by the venue space. There is so much to do and see at the Grove, the details in the house are perfect. The space is well maintained. It feels personal and quaint, with so many spaces to be used in different ways. We couldn't have asked for a better space or a better day.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Darci · Married on 10/11/2015

My husband and I highly recommend The Grove Redfield Estate for your wedding. We were looking for a venue that offered an outside location for our ceremony and an elegant, intimate space for our reception. We scheduled an appointment with Mary who was so kind and took us on a thorough tour of the Redfield Estate. We were happy to find that it had everything we were looking for. We are still receiving compliments from our family and friends on the beautiful venue. Carol was extremely helpful every step of the way and answered all of our questions promptly. We are already planning our trip back to the Grove to take pictures on our anniversary!

Sent on 11/14/2015

The Grove Redfield Estate provided us with the fairy tale wedding we didn't even know we were looking for. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and the guests were beyond amazed. The ability to use both the house and the pavilion provided ample room to eat, drink and mingle. It also allowed for two different atmospheres after dinner. I would recommend the Estate for anyone looking for a unique venue that everyone, including the bride and groom, will talk about for a long time.

Sent on 12/02/2015

I knew this was the place I wanted to get married when I first visited the Grove. It is romantic, charming, surrounded by forests, and the cottage provides a very home like feel. The venue staff (Shelley and Carol) are very professional, knowledgeable, accommodating, and replies via email in a timely manner. I loved this place, on my wedding day, it was magical and so beautiful. The venue has a Pavilion and gazebo for outdoor ceremony options and in case of rain, there is a plan B available as well, which I liked. The price is fair and reasonable and there is staff onsite the day of the wedding too. There is a rentable outdoor fireplace and movable heaters in case of cold weather. Very flexible venue for a great price!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2015

Amazing venue. So unique and beautiful. Much more character then a banquet hall. Still receiving compliments on it!

Sent on 10/30/2015