The Grooves Reviews

19 The Grooves Reviews
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing band members!

We spent months researching bands with a wide variety of music.
    We wanted to see our guests dancing, enjoying the entertainment and having a great time at our wedding.
    The Grooves were a perfect fit!
    They also recommended an excellent singer after an unexpected cancellation we had with one of our other vendors.
    We received several compliments on all the band members and our family/friends are still talking about how great they were!
    We would like to thank “The Grooves” for the amazing performance and helping us create indelible memories of our wedding!
    10/20/2018

Kimberly · Married on 09/08/2018

Hiring The Grooves as our band was by far the best decision we made regarding our Dallas wedding! They were PHENOMENAL. My husband is from New Orleans, and their brass players surprised us by coming down from the stage onto the dance floor to play the Second Line. They nailed every genre of music, from love ballads during dinner to country and hip hop as the night went on. The dance floor was packed the entire night. All of our guests said over and over again how awesome the band was and we couldn't have been happier with them. Ron was also extremely accommodating during the booking process. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2018

The Grooves's reply:

Thanks again for a wonderful night! you folks rocked!

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Thank you so much for playing at my daughters wedding!! You’ll were great, we had compliments all night long. Everyone kept asking where we found you!! The little ones were mesmerized by the band and the parents couldn’t leave until the end, as their kids stood in front watching you. My daughter and son-in-law had a fabulous time and decided to stay until you were done!! Thank you again and if anyone is reading this book early as they fill up their time spots fast!! You did everything you said you would and interacted with our quests which they loved!! Thank you again!!!

The Grooves 1

Kara · Married on 04/27/2018

As a wedding planner at Weddings X Weaver, I have worked with many bands. The Grooves not only impressed me by their amazing performance, but they were extremely friendly to work with, arrived on time, had everything set up early, tore down and cleaned up after themselves - which helped me save time focusing on other aspects of the wedding day! If you need a vendor that will bring 120% to the stage (the crowd was WILD while they played - the energy was electric) and respond promptly, then you should definitely book The Grooves! I look forward to recommending them to clients and working with them again soon

Molli · Married on 07/30/2016

Ron and The Grooves were so easy to work with, and they made our wedding so enjoyable for everyone! Ron has been totally responsive and professional since before I even booked them, all the way up to the wedding day. They did our ceremony music, acoustics during cocktail hour, then rocked the reception. They were wonderful and kept the dance floor full! When the guests didn't know a certain dance, one of the girls would run down and lead our group. It was such a fun time and they kept us in line with our timeline to a tee. I was so sad when the night was over!

dana · Married on 07/16/2016

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME LOOKING ANY FURTHER - THIS BAND IS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!!!! OUR WEDDING WAS APPARENTLY THE "EVENT OF THE YEAR" BECAUSE OF THESE GUYS!!! OUR GUESTS ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT A MONTH LATER - "THAT BAND WAS THE BEST BAND I'VE EVER HEARD". WE HAD GUESTS THAT DIDN'T KNOW OTHER GUESTS AND THEY DIDN'T LEAVE UNTIL AFTER THE SEND OFF BECAUSE OF THE BAND'S ENERGY, EXCITEMENT, AND MUSICAL TALENT. THE GROOVES KEPT EVERYONE ON THE DANCE FLOOR - LITERALLY. THEY PLAYED THE BEST MUSIC. SOUNDED GREAT. LOOKED GREAT. (HAVE REALLY GOOD LOOKING WOMEN AND MEN SINGERS.) AND WERE EXTREMELY ACCOMMODATIVE. THE EASIEST AND GREATEST PEOPLE I'VE WORKED WITH FOR OUR WEDDING!!! GROOVES - THANK YOU FOR AN INCREDIBLE EVENING!!!!

Nancy · Married on 02/20/2016

The Grooves played at our daughters wedding in February, 2016 and they are awesome!! We found them on the internet via a very complete, updated video that they made in 2015. This really sold us, as some of the other bands we were looking at only had wedding clips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aISwWbuFs They are so much fun and the dance floor was packed all night long! We only gave them a list of the songs that the bride and groom didn't want to hear, and they went from there to make choices that kept everyone involved and dancing. Had a very good mix of old and new songs. They are extremely easy to work with and we loved them! Would use them again in a heartbeat!! Love, Love, Love!!!!!

Meghan · Married on 08/15/2015

The Grooves played at our wedding and I have to say it was one of the highlights. I was hesitant about booking a band because they are quite more expensive than DJ costs. I am so so glad we went with a live band. Our dance floor was PACKED until the very end of the night. I LOVED that they played to the crowd and what music kept people dancing. They even allowed my mom and I up on stage (with tambourines) to sing and dance together. It was a blast. Ron was great to work with and made planning very easy. Booking the Grooves was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding weekend. I really think having a live band like The Grooves MADE our wedding. It would have been a totally different experience without them!

becky · Married on 04/17/2015

Amazing - Perfect!
    Russ sang acoustic during our dinner and was better than amazing.
    We had their 6 piece band play during the reception and they were so entertaining and great.
    Booking and communication were super easy. I could always get a hold of them with any questions.

Kelly · Married on 03/21/2015

The Grooves were awesome. Kept the party going and the dance floor was always packed. Great to work with and definitely the highlight of our event.

Taylor · Married on 07/26/2014

Wow what can I say... our wedding three weeks ago was the time of my life! Your band made the party! I was so excited and couldnt believe that our guests were dancing on the dance floor before they were even done with their salads! The main course had not even been served at people were already on the dance floor bustin a move!!

Thank you so very much for playing every single song i asked for. If you guys didnt know the song as a band, you made sure to play it on your DJ breaks. My wedding was the first and only wedding I have ever been to with a band.. I must say.. DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY!

Thanks again!

Tricia · Married on 07/20/2013

Thank you for making my daughter's wedding so FUN and MEMORABLE! We had to move tables out of the way to make room for more people to dance!!! Everyone is still talking about how GREAT the band was! Very professional and made the reception PERFECT!

Sent on 08/14/2013

The Grooves's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was pleasure performing for such fun folks!

Kimberly · Married on 05/26/2013

We were very pleased with Ron and the Grooves. It of course was helpful that we provided a detailed list of the music we wanted them to play so there were no surprises. The energy level was high and the dance floor never emptied all night. Our guests almost universally complemented the Grooves. We highly recommend Ron and the Grooves.

Kimberly · Married on 05/26/2013

Leslie · Married on 07/16/2011

I loved working with this band - they made everything so easy for my daughter's wedding. They had everyone on the dance floor and some on the table tops!! Would definitely recommend them.

Amy · Married on 11/21/2008

I wasn't sold on having a band, but my fiance insisted on it. It ended up being exactly what we needed/wanted! They were fabulous! Their set up was amazing, music rocked, and they went along with our timeline perfectly! I was on the dance floor the entire time (and have the pics to prove it!!)

Abby · Married on 04/19/2008

I would highly recommend the Groove's. They play a great variety of songs and were always friendly and quick to get back to me. Just have a good plan for music during the breaks.

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2007

I interviewed and researched many bands for my wedding reception and am so happy that I chose The Grooves. They were absolutely amazing. The whole night everyone kept coming up to me complimenting my band and asking me where I found them. Ron who is in the band and also in charge of booking was so incredible to work with. He was so easy going and he actually did me a HUGE favor by DJ'ing my wedding ceremony which he usually doesn't do. This saved me a huge amount of money by not having to hire a completely different band for the ceremony. He and his crew were all so nice and played all the right music. Thanks Ron and THE GROOVES for making my wedding night spectacular! ~Jennifer Hancock