The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

94 | Hanover, MD

94 Reviews for The Groove Spot Band & Show

Mackenzie · Married on 10/11/2014

I could not have been happier with the Groove-Spot Band’s performance at my wedding. They were amazing! Their talent way surpassed my expectations and everyone is still talking about how amazing it was. It makes me want to get married again just to have them play, haha.....thanks so much for making the happiest day of my life even happier.

Mackenzie K.
    Wedding - Damascus, VA

Sent on 11/13/2015

Jamal · Married on 08/09/2014

Where to start? EVERYONE who attended the reception was simply in AWE and kept asking where I found this band! The band and singers performed flawlessly and were very professional. There were so many people dancing at times that there wasn't any space left on the dance floor to accommodate any more! All vocalists were amazing, but the lead female singer (Ondrea) literally blew everyone away. The band played right up until the last people were left at the reception and remained as professional and energetic as from the start of their performance. Very eager to please, very professional, and very friendly people! I recommend them without hesitation. Thanks to the Groove-Spot Band & Show!

Scott F.

Wedding - Leesburg, VA

Sent on 11/13/2015

Lori · Married on 05/24/2014

WOW!!! We were beyond thrilled with the quality and sound of the Groove Spot Band & Show at our Community Block Party. We wanted something different for our "Arundel on the Bay" Block Party this year. So we searched and found a local band that came highly recommended...WOW!! We were ALL so Blown away by their performance.. We've handed out a Ton of business cards for them. We had No idea that they would fill up the street with so many people dancing...They had All age groups of folks out dancing to their music. We could not have been happier with them. They were professional, extremely talented, and had everyone raving about what a Great Band they were. We are so glad that we hired them as our band and have great memories of our day and they were a big part of it!! So BIG KUDOS to the Groove Spot Band & Show!!!

Sent on 11/10/2015
  • User4020995 · 2+ years ago

I recommended Groove Spot to my sister after attending a wedding where they performed and she booked them for her son's wedding. Wow! I danced for 3 hours to amazing music ! I haven't danced that much since college, maybe ever. I was not the only one. The dance floor was packed and I saw family members dance who 'never dance' I highly highly recommend Groove Spot. Just make sure that you have a BIG dance floor. You will need it !

Sent on 10/31/2017

Hello Vance and the Music Band,
    I just want to tell you what a great performance you all showed at my relatives' March 15th Anniversary Party. We all had the best time of our lives!
    Thank you all so very much. I believe we will see you all again in the near future.
    Sincerely,
    Heidi

Sent on 02/19/2016

The Groove Spot Band is exceptional !!!! They interacted with the guests and were highly professional . I look forward to our next family party to have the band join us again .
    Groove Spot Band makes the party in my opinion !!!
    They are superb!!!!
    Patti M

Sent on 04/13/2018

Jenny · Married on 06/15/2013

Dear Vance,

You all totally made the night!! What A GREAT PARTY, Thanks to you and your awesome band. I have had notes, phone calls, emails, and text messages stating what fun it was. Hard to beat a beautiful night with a full moon and dancing in the grass to such fun music ,I have wanted to throw a party like Saturday night's for many years. I think I had more fun then anyone. I loved my big opportunity to join you all on stage, Thank you for letting me "live my dream. So fun!!! I think we need to throw this party on a regular basis. Don't you? (I'll work on Robert this winter). You all did such a fabulous job , really I can't thank you enough, I have already given out your number. You all totally made the party. Many Many Thanks for everything, you are a wonderful group and I can't wait to get you back here. Have a great summer.

Cheers,

Jenny Hopkins

Sent on 11/11/2015

Krista · Married on 09/25/2011

Five Stars Doesn’t Give Groove Spot Band & Show Justice!

One of the best and most cherished memories of my wedding was having the Groove Spot Band & Show (GSB) serenade me, my husband, and guests with songs like: “At Last” (by Etta James), “Angel” (By Anita Baker) and “My Girl” (By the Temptations)—proving this band is a pro at performing songs from various genres. Those songs and others are the soundtrack of our wedding story and I’ll always be thankful for the beautiful voices and musical talent that the Groove Spot Band provides.

With top-notch vocals that rival most well-known R&B singers, GSB has timeless talent and a proven record for getting people out of their seats and on the dance floor. If you’re looking to ensure your guests have a great time while catering to an audience of all age-ranges, the Groove Spot Band & Show is the right choice. Kids, teenagers, young adults and mature audiences will all mingle and move together with this band. They’re also very professional and upfront from the beginning about fees and expectations on the day-of. And the band-leader, Vance Wilkerson is the most professional of wedding vendors that I’ve ever worked with.

They’re also happy to coordinate a theme based on your event and have an expansive library of songs to choose from if you’d like to incorporate a playlist alongside live music at your event. Hands down, the Groove Spot Band & Show is the right choice to make for musical talent. Five stars is an understatement.

Sent on 11/11/2015
  • The O-fficial MrsJoseph!

Ta-Mela · Married on 09/04/2010

Working with Vance and The Groove Spot Band was outstanding! Vance was great - he gave great advice and was always willing to help, which was great because I was clueless, lol. The band arrived early and looking extremly professional. Vance serviced as our MC, too. The band played wonderful Jazz during the dinner - but once dinner was over they got the party started! The Groove Spot specializes in Motown, which was great because they played songs that everyone already knew. Almost everyone got up to dance - even my 82 year old grandmother! My wedding coordinator was astounded because she had tons of people wanting business cards. I'd recommend The Groove Spot to anyone who wants to have a great party.

Sent on 09/30/2010

Ajia · Married on 07/17/2010

How do you create an unforgettable wedding reception that your guests will talk about for years to come? Hire The Groove Spot Band & Show. We had the good fortune to have them on our big day 11 years ago, where the get-up-and-groove tunes toggled between the best songs of the last four decades. Their talent is palpable and easily ensured that our guests had the time of their lives. No one left the dance floor! I have highly recommended them to my family and friends, and will continue to do so in the future. For anyone looking to make their happily ever after even sweeter, book The Groove Spot Band & Show ASAP!

*Our wedding as actually July 17, 2004, but the calendar doesn't go back that far.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Colleen · event on: 03/22/2018

The Groove Spot made the part!! The fundraising event was very low key and dull until The Groove Spot began playing. They were positive, engaging and enormously talented. The event I attended was for Downs Syndrome kids and adults; The Groove Spot engaged these special young people and gave them a fun and memorable night. I loved the Groove Spot so much I have booked them for a big new signature festival event for our Recreation and Parks department !! Vance was awesome, friendly and professional. I cannot wait until I can see them again and dance all night!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Thais · Married on 09/24/2016

Book this band! They are fantastic! Vance and the band will have your guests on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Shaum · Married on 04/02/2016

This band is amazing! They were a highlight of the wedding and they rocked the party!

The band was professional and dressed impeccably. Their motown sound was spot on and their renditions of contemporary music was also great. I would highly recommend this group to anyone who is looking for a band to energize a party.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Jodie · Married on 04/07/2018

We were thrilled from beginning to end. Vance was a pleasure to work with! All of my guests from LA to New York and Baltimore are raving about this band. The dance floor was packed the entire night!!!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Dodie · Married on 09/24/2016

The Groove Spot Band is, without a doubt, the best band anyone can hire
    regardless of the type of event that is being hosted. When I first
    encountered this marvelous band, I knew that this was the outfit that my daughter
    and I wanted for my granddaughter's wedding. The band members were polite,
    knowledgeable, and played their hearts out. The leader, Vance Wilkerson, is
    a consummate professional who guided us through the process and made
    everything easy from the time they were hired until the final event. During the
    wedding, they showed up on time, introduced the wedding party without a
    glitch, and orchestrated the entire event in an outstanding manner. The band
    was so good that without them the wedding would not have been nearly as
    successful as it was. Our only disappointment was that the night had to end
    and our new friends, the band members, had to leave us after the party was
    over. For days after the wedding, those who attended the wedding
    commented on the superior performance by the members of the Groove Spot Band and
    noted how much they enjoyed the singing and, in particular, the camaraderie
    and respect the band members had for the audience and each other. They were
    highly impressed and wanted information about locating the band for any
    future events they may have. In conclusion, anyone needing a band should not
    hesitate to call upon Vance Wilkerson. You will be grateful for the
    experience.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/13/2016

Great band!! Great time!! Nonstop dancing!!!!! They constributed to one the best days of our life, and the music had a big influence on that! I got so many compliments about this band! -Jessica and Damien, NY

Sent on 08/20/2016

Matt B · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Great Experience, Professional, Friendly, and Excellent Musicians

Groove Spot Band was an excellent choice for our wedding. Really loved their selection of music which took into account our requests and directions, and they were excellent musicians. Quality of music was top notch. The dance floor was absolutely rocking from the first song to the last, which to me was the most important aspect of the reception (I am a music snob and pretty picky when it comes to music!). Very friendly band, as well!

Sent on 10/10/2019

4.2

The Band did a great job at my event. There could have been more Christmas-themed music but the music they did play was top notch. They were responsive when we had requests. A little expensive but flexible with what we could afford. I think it was an overall awesome experience

Sent on 01/07/2016

4.2
      3.5

This band worked very well for our event and was very kind and understand with all the children.

Sent on 01/07/2016