The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

94 | Hanover, MD

94 Reviews for The Groove Spot Band & Show

Wonderful band! All members were very nice. Great energy and involvement with wedding guests! They really helped helped get the party started and keep it going!

Sent on 05/09/2016

KAREN · Married on 06/10/2017

The band was beyond excellent! They made our reception. They kept everyone on the dance floor. The songs that I picked for the first dance, father and daughter were awesome. My friends are still talking about the band. I have a friend getting married in September who would like them to play at their reception! They were professional and so personal. I can't say enough about them. We are going to see them in July. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Sharelle · Married on 06/03/2017

Where do I start... What an outstanding and professional band!! When they arrived, they were all dressed according to my "luau" theme, looking rather spectacular. The moment they began to play, all of my guests were blown away. They played many great songs that had my guests rocking to the beat and continuously hitting the dance floor...which never stopped! They were GREAT!! If you're looking for a great band with variety and able to get your guests moving, then you should book "The Groove Spot Band and Show" at your next event. I am...!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Christopher · Married on 05/20/2017

Vance and the groove spot band were excellent. They really got the dance floor moving and played excellent music all night long. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Brandon · Married on 05/20/2017

The Groove Spot Band simply made our Ball FUN! The music was dynamic, the singers were graceful, and somehow they always played the perfect song. Thank you for a wonderful time, our guest are still raving...we danced all night!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Sharon · Married on 05/20/2017

The band was so much fun! They played a range of songs so all the guests were happy. The band interacted with the guests and made them feel part of the show. Vance was very professional and responsive when responding to my questions.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Jasmine · Married on 05/06/2017

Vance was responsible and energetic and meeting the rest of the band on our wedding day was amazing as well! They all brought great energy and worked well with our crowd. We were able to select a few songs we wanted in addition to those they are already know which was great because the song I wanted to dance to for my father/daughter dance wasn't one they already knew. Our guests loved them!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Diane · Married on 02/04/2017

The band performed at our recent fundraiser and they were a huge success. They were easy to work with and very accommodating. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed their performance -- some even danced through dinner! We plan to have them back next year for the 50th anniversary of our event.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Brett · Married on 11/19/2016

I can't say enough great things about the groove spot band and show. We loved their clips on youtube and were psyched to get them, as our wedding was later in November. They did not disappoint and were flat out phenomenal. Their music talent is undeniable but in general they were just fun and interacted with our guests, and really brought the same amount of energy that we were bringing, which made our wedding the celebration we wanted it to be. Two of my friends told me the next morning "the band at our wedding was good, but yours was better", which wasn't our goal but should give you a sense of what you're getting. I would totally recommend them and hope to see them again sometime as they do play other venues in MD at times. Also, Vance is great to deal with, very responsive, and even MC'd our night.

Sent on 12/04/2016

gina · Married on 09/24/2016

The Groove Spot Band and Show is the way to go!! Energy, Professionalism, Fun, Stylish and Spectacular Musicians. They made my daughters reception unforgettable. I could not have done this without Vance! My daughters wedding had 250 guests. I am still hearing about the band. We never stopped dancing. The BEST Musicians I have encountered in a long time. Their chemistry is exhilarating and they got the party started quickly. If you are considering a band! Trust me this is the choice for your reception. Our age range was 18 to 72 years of age, and everybody got up. Vance thank you for making this one of the most memorable experiences of my daughters and my life! All of you are simply the best!

Sent on 09/30/2016

I wish there were more stars to give. An absolute pleasure to work with. They made our night. If you want a fun party, they're the best!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

CW · Married on 07/02/2016

We cannot say enough great things about The Groove Spot Band. They were absolutely amazing. We wanted our guests to have a great time and they certainly did. Much of the credit is owed to Vance and Company. They made you feel like family. After the wedding the first thing many of our guests commented on was how fun the reception was, and more specifically - the band.

They are professional musicians so the music itself was great. The energy was also great. They read the crowd and brought it all night long. Literally zero complaints or constructive criticism. In the future iff we're in a situation looking to book another band, there is zero question who I'm calling. Everything was top shelf.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Jana · Married on 05/28/2016

They were the ultimate professionals, great sound/singers and a diverse playlist! Definitely a great choice for any party or wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Victoria · Married on 04/16/2016

This band absolutely made our wedding the most AMAZING night of our lives. ALL of our guests were dancing the entire night, and they all raved about how amazing the music was. Not a single person was sitting once the music got started. The vocals of every singer were incredible. It brought me to tears several times... Literally.
    I told them which style of music we liked best, and they took it from there. They took care of the ENTIRE wedding, from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner, and finally the dancing! They played every song I requested (and they even called me to the dance floor before each requested song to make sure I got to dance to them .. which is so great because I was getting pulled in so many directions with guests, photos, etc .. they made sure I had a chance to dance as much as possible). They kept the music on schedule, and most importantly, kept everyone dancing. They ended the night with such great energy by playing the song "Shout" and kept the pace to match everyone's dancing, no one wanted to leave!
    We spent so much time looking for a band or DJ, I trusted my wedding planner, Charlotte, when she immediately without hesitation recommended these guys. We are SO HAPPY they were available for our wedding ... thank you Vance for making our wedding so much fun. We wish you the best. I hope to see you at another wedding/event soon.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Natalie · Married on 04/02/2016

Wonderful band! They took our reception to the next level. Responsive, fun to work with. Allowed my husband to sing a song with them to me which was so exciting! We cannot recommend them highly enough. Our guests were amazed! They all want to hire Groovespot now :)

Sent on 04/04/2016

Candace · Married on 04/02/2016

Vance,

Thank you and the band so much for such an amazing job at the wedding. Please let the group know that you all were an impressive bunch. I cannot tell you have many people told us how great you all were and especially polished. I hope to spread the word about you guys all over D.C.! Also, I am going to on the website today to give my rave reviews.

Thanks again and I hope you have a great wedding season. You guys rock!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Groove Spot were simply fabulous -- great song list, awesome rapport with the crowd, very responsive to our needs (this was a holiday bash, not a wedding), patient with a crowd that was a little bashful at first, and just plain fun to dance to.

Sent on 01/08/2016

Michael · Married on 10/24/2015

The Groove Spot Band was incredible at my wedding! Switching between oldies, Motown, pop, funk, rock, etc...they had 190 people up and on the dance floor for the entire reception. My wife and I went with the 9-piece band and could not have been happier with the sound. Awesome singers, horn section, guitarists and drummer. Along with the reception, we also utilized a solo keyboardist for cocktail hour and the jazz trio for dinner. Both sessions were perfect. Vance is the band leader and could not have been easier to communicate with; he responded to calls and emails right away. We couldn't have been happier and thank the band so much for making our day that much more special.

Sent on 10/27/2015

I'm a professional musician so is my wife and our families. We've been playing music all our lives. Picky is an understatement, we must have screened at least 30 bands until we found the Groove Spot Band and show. Unlike most others out there these days, they actually play their music live. Why spend the money on an actual band if they're just sequencing everything and laying vocals on top??? Plus, these guys actually read an audience, take requests and interact. There is nothing fake/canned about their performance. Its exactly what we were looking for, and we recommend them without any hesitation.

Sent on 01/15/2016

The Groove-Spot Band & Show simply ROCKED. Our crowd was up and dancing BEFORE they served dinner. They met all of our needs and played the songs in the right order and at the correct times. Towards the end of the evening, they played Sweet Home Alabama right on cue. It brought the house down! Our guests were amazed at their performance and we're still receiving great feedback from people weeks later. The Groove-Spot Band took our wedding to the next level. I would suggest them to anyone. The band is top-notch professionals. We'll use them again.

Amos S.
    Wedding - St Michaels, MD

Sent on 11/12/2015

What a party..and the baaand!- They ROCKED! Who were they???" Is what every soul who was at our wedding has been talking about. "The Groove Spot Band & Show!" I tell em. The Band came up big at our event. Everything went down perfectly for our outdoor rural wedding- except the weather- which they couldn't control. They were very accommodating in my musical tastes and went above and beyond what we expected. The smooth keyboard playing during the prelude and ceremony faded out to a recessional song from my CD was a hit with perfect timing to introduce our guests to us. During cocktails the playing continued to the delight of our guests as they mingled. For dinner which was in a large tent, a blues/jazz trio set up inside with us as our 150 guests dined. They were so classy, jazzy, hip, and head boppin' as they accompanied our feast with some sweet numbers both obscure and known. Already midway through the night people were lovin it, as we got so many complements on their playing and song selection. After dinner came the real treat... no, not the wedding cake, but the soulful sounds of the full 7 piece swingin' band as our guests began to shake it! The stage and dancing was in an old barn next to the dinner tent and boy therin was a barnstorming. A funkin', soul searchin', rockin' good time was had by all, as every number they played got the dancefloor packed and for a solid 3 hours! The band really knew their songs and were able to bust into classic rock, soul, funk and requests at the drop of a hat. I found out we needed a bigger dancefloor as all ages sweated it out and boogied down. They even accommodated us with an extended version of "Shout!" for a family dancing tradition that got everyone pumped up and still packed them in with the sweet slow dancin' numbers. As the evening end all of our guests shouted MORE, MORE!! We recommend the Groove Spot Band & Show to anyone looking for something that is NOT RUN OF THE MILL and...bring your dancin' shoes...BJ & Victoria

Veronica · Married on 05/23/2015

Vance and the Groove Spot-Band and Show,

I don’t know how to thank you enough for such outstanding service. Everyone was ecstatic beyond belief with the “attention to detail” (that the band was dressed in the requested colors), the talent, and the quality and sound of the Groove Spot-Band and Show, at my Brother’s 50th Birthday Party. I was so happy and pleased with my selection. As I searched for a band that would provide an “exceptional flavor” for this party and the Groove Spot-Band and Show did just that and more, they exceeded my expectations; especially when they allowed “KEYONCE” to perform! Everyone loved that special touch!! The guests could not get enough; they would have danced until morning if sleep was not a factor. Everyone continues to tell me what a great band the Groove Spot-Band and Show was and how could they get them to service their event. Since the event, I’ve received numerous calls and inquiries requesting the Groove Spot-Band and Show’s attendance at their events, so If you’re looking for a Band that is all about PERFECTION!!!! Then Hire The Groove Spot Band and Show for your event!!!

Sincerely Loving the Band,

V. Williams, Owner
    Elegant Creations by Veronica

Dear Vance,

I would like to thank you and the entire Groove Spot ensemble for your performance at Liza & John's wedding on Saturday. The energy level was high, and you kept the dance floor packed. I especially appreciate your dedication to making the Bride & Groom happy, by agreeing to play an extra hour. Your group made a positive impression on me. I will definitely keep you in mind for other clients and future events.
    Please share my thanks with the band.
    Sally Raderer
    Something Blue - www.somethingblueva.com

Sent on 11/24/2015

Sharon · Married on 04/25/2015

Vance and the Groove Spot Band provided excellent entertainment for my husband's 40th Surprise Birthday Bash. The Band was interactive and created a real party environment for our garden affair. Vance, is the epitome of professionalism while also being personable and sensitive to the needs of his customers. I would highly recommend this band for any occasion, be it a wedding, a party or for any event where you'd like to leave the entertainment and music in the hands of someone you can trust.

If you want a great band, that pays attention to detail, and if you want to your guests to have a time they'll always remember, then you must choose The Groove Spot Band! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Patricia · Married on 04/12/2015

We where truly please it was our 40th wedding anniversary and they did a
    wonderfull job everyone really enjoyed them

Sent on 01/18/2016