The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• OLIVIA
    Olivia K. Married on 05/28/2022

Amazing Wedding Band

We had so much fun with Groove Spot at our wedding! They are a very talented band and kept our guests entertained and dancing the entire time. They were also easy to work with in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding. We highly recommend them, and we would definitely work with them again!
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 05/28/2022

Phenomenal Wedding Band!!

We had the Groove Spot for our May 28 wedding. In a magical weekend, they were one of the highlights.

Vance was quick and responsive to initial inquiries. He was professional and enthusiastic. He listened to our original plans and then as the big day approached, he listened and helped integrate the audio services and the band into our vision. We used the bands speakers and microphones for our onsite ceremony.

The band did a great job of setting the mood during our cocktail and appetizer hour and then for our dancing portion. The Groove Spot played the songs that we requested and then came up with additional songs that got our guests out dancing. The Groove Spot accommodated a guest singer.

When people talk about our wedding almost everyone mentions how great the band was and everyone hopes that we have an anniversary party next year with the band.

I would highly recommend. The band was great; they were great musicians and played great sets. Additionally, they were easy to work with and very professional. Vance’s enthusiasm for what he does and for the people he works with was an added bonus.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Heidi G. Married on 10/16/2021

So Much Fun!

Our Anniversary celebration wouldn’t have been the same with any other band. Vince of The Grove Spot was receptive of my quirky ideas and executed them perfectly. My guest couldn’t stop dancing and the band happily welcomed my “ Dewey Elvis” guest to perform a song with them. I would recommend them for any event.
  • Casey
    Casey C. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely Made Our Night!!!

The Groove Spot was EXACTLY what I wanted for our big day. They were so great and helpful for the ceremony and absolutely rocked the reception. At some point I just gave up on saying hello to all of our guests so i could just dance my butt off - which seems a sign of a damn good band. I heard so many compliments from so many guests the next day. By far, one of the best decisions I made during wedding planning.
  • Bmosswilkerson
    Steve Married on 09/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    A big and loud “Thank You!” from me and Nicole. You have 185 new fans after Saturday night, and Nicole and I are going to evangelize for you guys for any parties or events that we hear about. You were absolutely brilliant – from the opening three songs, which absolutely set the tone for the night all the way through the slow dancing, the ad libbed pop songs (Blurred Lines into Marvin Gaye!), to the final notes accompanying Jed on his freestyle. Your sound and arrangements, your versatility and complete facility with all the music we wanted to hear, your showmanship – it was all superb and everything we hoped for. Beyond that, you were a pleasure to work with, and Vance, you in particular showed so much concern for making Nicole and I comfortable and happy. Thank you. We cannot say enough. We will absolutely post everywhere and tell everybody we know about you. I certainly hope we have the chance to work with you again.

Steve & Nicole
    Rachel P. Married on 09/03/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Best band ever!!! The Groove Spot had our guests dancing all night. They NAILED the requests we had, especially the father daughter dance! They were so much fun, very professional, and definitely made our reception the most fun it could have been. We absolutely love the Groove Spot!!!
    John O. Married on 08/14/2021

The Groove Spot Band Made Our Wedding

Vance and the rest of the band were amazing to work with leading up to our event and made every interaction seamless. The day of the wedding they showed up prepared and ready to go. The reviews of our guests, of all ages and backgrounds, were glowing. They worked with us to work in the songs we wanted to hear, but also took away the need to think through the entire playlist as they performed a great mix across their portfolio of songs. I would recommend them to anyone regardless of size or atmosphere of wedding as they can fit most any style. I will be sure to use Groove Spot for any future parties or company events that I'm involved with in the future.
  • Steven
    Steven W. Married on 08/13/2021

Fun time band

Great playlist performed with lots of energy. The musicians and singers were excellent. They get you up and dancing. Had them tie-in my father of the bride speech with the father-bride dance and they did it perfectly.
  • Stacey
    Stacey W. Married on 08/13/2021

Incredible Wedding Band

Our wedding would not have been half the party it was without Vance & the Groove Spot Band. The band sounded amazing, looked fantastic, and were very accommodating throughout the evening. They also kept our guests dancing through heat, humidity, and a thunderstorm or two. Highly recommend if you want your guests on the dance floor!!

-Aug 2021 Wedding. Annapolis, MD.
    Daniese J. Married on 06/07/2021

5-star service

The band performance was nothing less than amazing, full of energy, personality and entertaining. From my initial interaction with booking the band every step of the way was super professional, very responsive and flexible to our needs. Once the performance started everyone was up on their feet enjoying every song and beat. I look forward to booking your for our next event. 5-stars! Cameron Grove Resort Center
    Alissa O. Married on 03/15/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

hands down the best decision

Choosing the Groove Spot Band & Show was the easiest decision of our entire wedding process. We saw them play at a friend’s wedding and loved them! We’d been to many other weddings and they were hands down the best we’d seen. Once we found out how great of an experience our friends had working with them and how reasonable their pricing is, we knew we had to have them play at our own wedding. Vance was so easy to work with during the planning process and very responsive. They learned a new song for our first dance and their cover was as good, if not better than the original version! They brought the best energy to our wedding night and we got rave reviews from our guests- our friends loved them and were constantly on the dance floor. And the older family members who are past their dancing years loved listening to them perform. Don’t hesitate for a second about booking them for your own wedding or other event :)
  • Married on 09/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Simply the best wedding band!!

The Groove Spot Band played at both of my daughter’s weddings and they had everyone up dancing at both weddings. They are fabulous musicians and entertainers who play music for all ages. At my daughter’s wedding Sept 28, 2019, a friend who attended the wedding told me that at one point every guest was on the dance floor and we had 178 guests!
    My daughter requested that they learn the Jackson Browne version of Stay and they absolutely killed it!!! Hire this band for your wedding and you will have a lively and fun reception!
    Katy S. Married on 08/31/2019

Would highly recommend!

The Groove Spot Band rocked it! We couldn't have been happier with a wedding band, and Vance was so easy to work with throughout the whole process. So many people raved about them -- and they were definitely a highlight of the wedding. We had the ten piece band and everything was perfect. Even though the barn we were in was warm, EVERYONE was on the dance floor from the beginning of the night to the end, largely because of the band. We are so grateful! They even accommodated a last minute change and we had a second line exit, which was amazing!
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn R. Married on 08/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You need The Groove Spot Band!

This is the second year that we have hired the The Groove Spot Band for a charity event, and they were once again AMAZING!! So high energy, really keeps the crowd dancing, and so professional. Communication with the band has been simple both times. I can't say enough good things about them! Highly recommended! My legs are still sore from all of the dancing!!! Thank you Groove Spot Band for another amazing evening!
  • Nick
    Nick S. Married on 07/13/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hire these guys! Fantastic musicians and great value!

As a musician who plays weddings myself, and would be having dozens of musician friends attend our wedding as guests, it was important to me to hire a professional and talented band that would bring energy the entire night, and The Groove Spot Band and Show delivered. Vance is a fantastic band leader. He’s tremendously responsive and energetic, and worked seamlessly with our other vendors to ensure the night went smoothly, with minimal need for direction from us. The band is extremely talented and nails renditions of popular Motown and dance numbers - our guests were dancing and complementing us on the band the entire night. They also were fantastic playing jazz standards and improvisational jams during dinner and transition times. These guys are truly soulful musicians and way more than just the “factory of top 40 covers” that so many other overpriced wedding bands seem to be today. And as for flexibility, they even let me and some of my friends sit in with them on short notice. I highly recommend them!
    Brenda Married on 06/22/2019

Bel Air Wedding

The Groove was awesome! The dance floor was packed, everyone had a great time! I would highly recommend them!
  • Graham
    Graham B. Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing experience!

What drew the most raves at my wedding this past weekend? Not the venue, which was gorgeous. Not the food, which was delicious. Not the decorations, which were beautiful. It was the Groove Spot Band, which was outstanding. After the wedding, people were coming up to me, left and right, to talk about how great the band was. Our wedding would not have been the same without them.

The Groove Spot Band has a broad playlist that spans genres and eras. My wife is Jewish and I am Black, and they crafted a set list that seamlessly appealed to both cultures. My wife was particularly concerned with how they would handle the Hora. They killed it! And our guests loved every moment. In addition, we particularly enjoyed their renditions of "The Electric Slide" and "Uptown Funk." Everybody was on their feet dancing from beginning to end.

The Groove Spot Band director, Vance, is a true professional. He was easy to work with, super responsive, and very accommodating; working with him was among the most stress-free parts of the planning experience. He also worked well with our coordinator and handled MC duties at the reception.

The Groove Spot Band provided a 3-player brass band to handle music for our cocktail hour, and when our ceremony musician was unable to make it, they provided a pianist on short notice. We loved our wedding, and we credit The Groove Spot Band and their music as a big part of the reason it was so wonderful.

As for pricing, their rates are incredibly competitive. (I honestly think they should be charging a lot more.) The rate for our 9-person reception band, 3-person cocktail hour band, and ceremony pianist was actually less than the ceremony-only rate for many of the 4-person or 5-piece bands we looked at. The Groove Spot Band's packages are very flexible, and they are able to provide anything from a 6-piece to a 15-piece band.

The Groove Spot Band is the one you want for your event. They do not disappoint.
  • Sarah
    Sarah S. Married on 04/13/2019

"best wedding ever"

That was what we heard from multiple people. The floor was packed all night as Vance promised. Vance was a consummate professional and helped me get through my multiple anxieties surrounding the music. I can't recommend them highly enough!
    Jenn A. Married on 03/09/2019

Got the crowd going!

Vance and the Groove Spot were amazing to work with! They provided the entertainment for our charity event for the second year in a row and we will definitely be using them again. Vance was very responsive when I had questions about their set up and timeline and called a few days in advance just to touch base on logistics. We had Vance make some announcements for us before their first set and he was very willing to accommodate!

Once they got started there wasn’t a person sitting down. The whole crowd was on the dance floor! Even our photographer who does many weddings kept commenting on how great the band was!

We were able to raise more than our goal for our charity and I know the Groove Spot played a big part of that. Professional. Responsive. Energetic. The whole package. Thank you!!
    Gwen K. Married on 12/29/2018

Awesome band

Vance Wilkerson and the Groovespot Band is a great band and I would recommend them to anyonee planning an event. They were absolutely fabulous at my daughters wedding in December. The dance floor was packed from the moment they started playing. Their music appeals to all generations and they get out on the floor with the guests and really get a party started. I used all ten members and used their horn section for a cocktail hour. Would use again in a heartbeat!!! Vance the contact for booking great to work with too.
  • kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 12/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Band in the extended Maryland area!!

Vance and his team were 12/10 amazing. They bring such energy and love to their events that they elevate any event that they play. Their mo-town/classic vibe is perfect for all ages of dancing and they have fantastic interaction with the crowd. My favorite song of the night was Proud Mary when all of the girls were on the dance floor having a blast with the singer. Everyone raved to me about them after the wedding and it was not shocking in the slightest. I would hire them again in a heartbeat for any event that needs dancing.
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 11/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Groove Spot Band Was The Highlight Of Our Wedding!

The Groove Spot Band was the highlight of our wedding! Everyone keeps talking about how much they loved our band. They are so talented and were able to keep our guests on the dance floor all night! When planning our wedding, we weren't sure if we wanted to splurge on a band and thought we could have a great wedding with a DJ, but I'm certain our wedding wouldn't have been as memorable and fun without The Groove Spot Band; I'm SO glad I decided to hire them! The band's leader Vance is very personable and responsive. He went over to check out my venue before we hired them to make sure they could fit in the small ballroom of our venue. He also responded to my countless emails and calls with questions that popped up throughout the planning process. Hire this band! You won't regret it!
  • Chris
    Chris Married on 10/20/2018

Groove Spot Was Phenomenal

They were GROOVIN all night!! The most memorable night of my life. I am so grateful to these awesome musicians. People were blown away and had an amazing time on the dance floor. Loved chatting with them and would highly recommend.
    Brendan Married on 10/13/2018

Best in the Business!

Hiring The Groove Spot Band for our wedding was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. Vance, the band leader, was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. My wife and I’ve never seen a dance floor more packed in our lives. When a band can pull every guest from age 3 to age 97 onto the dance floor and keep them there all night, you know you’ve hired professionals. Do yourself a favor and look no further. Hire The Groove Spot Band for your event!!
illustration stars