67 Reviews for The Groove Spot Band & Show

Instrumentals (6)
Ceremony (3)
Disco Ball (2)
63 The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

On this past Friday, April 20, 2018, my wife gave me a 50th birthday celebration in which the Groove Spot Band and Show provided the music. To be honest, I had not heard of the band prior to my wife telling me they were going to play at my party. I was a little apprehensive about the band, but I knew there was nothing that I could do to change it and remain happily married. Needless to say, my wife made the right decision on obtaining this band. Don’t tell her I said that. Let’s just say The Grove Spot Band and Show were lit, they were on Fleek! (those are words used by the younger generation to express how good/great something is). By the time my party ended, my phone began blowing up with calls and texts telling me how much they enjoyed the party in particular the music that was provided The Groove Spot Band and Show. Thank you Groove Spot Band and Show for making my party the best ever.

Profile Picture Malcom, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Groove Spot Band & Show had everyone at my wedding up and dancing. They played everything we wanted to hear and sounded great doing it. Would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Stark, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

We used this band for our annual Hospital ball - they rocked it! Dressed to go with our theme and their music was outstanding!

Profile Picture Kelly, 2/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

One of the best bands I have ever experienced! I received countless compliments on how great they were and how so many people were up dancing. The only negative was that it had to end! We could've danced ALL night! Thank you so much for making Sarah and mine's wedding so awesome!

Profile Picture Thomas, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band delivered as promised. On time. Professional. Appropriate dress, organized and wonderful and appropriate music choices.

Profile Picture Rhonda, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band was awesome. They played a variety of music that really got the crowd moving. I really liked how they engaged the crowd, and made it a fun evening. I would most definitely use them again.

Profile Picture Paris , 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Working with the Groove Spot Band & Show was an absolute pleasure. From the start it was clear we were talking to professionals who understood the business and how to work with a clients vision to meet expectations. They were responsive and accommodating in the planning stages.

The day of the event they were on time and dressed and prepared to get to work! They needed very little guidance from me allowing me and the team to focus on setting up the venue for our guests.

When the show got started it was clear we had made a FANTASTIC selection! They looked great, they were engaged and interactive with our guests, and most important they sounded FANTASTIC!

If you're looking for a band .... you can stop; you've found them. the Groove Spot Band & Show will keep your party moving and on the dance floor. Trust me you will *not* be disappointed!

Jeri B.

Profile Picture Jeri, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Groove Spot Band & Show was Excellent! From the first song to the last, they had everyone dancing. They played a nice mix of music with slow and fast rhythms and even interacted with the crowd. The sound was perfect. I highly recommend them for weddings and other parties. They are sweet, personable, fun and know how to make people shake!

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

If we could mark 10 stars we would. The Groovespot showed up and absolutely rocked the house. Vance and his band were true professionals from start to finish—we cannot recommend them enough. They learned and played out first dance songs perfectly and beautifully. They will cater to your set list, if needed. We did not opt for that, and let them do their thing. They read the crowd, got everyone dancing and made our day truly special. Book them!

Profile Picture Matt and Sara, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The first time we saw your performance, we fell in love and knew we wanted you to be a part of our event. We love how you get the audience involved and the variety of music played. Awesome voices, awesome musicians. We look forward to having you back next year. Thank you for being a part of our special day.
Marilyn, Mimi, Selena and Debra
Wholeness 3-6-5 Ministries

Profile Picture Debra, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

To truly add a festive mood and engage all your guests on the dance floor at your wedding, choose the Groove Spot Band and Show! They will ensure a memorable event!

Profile Picture User7755220, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Groove Spot Band will completely guarantee your guests are dancing and having a memorable time. They look festive in colorful, coordinated outfits, sound amazing, have a diverse repertoire, and can even emcee! HIRE them!

Profile Picture User7799156, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Band

Groove Spot played for my son's wedding that we hosted at our farm. From our first inquiry to the evening of the event, they were top notch. They lived up to their promise. Our guests from 22-85 were on the dance floor non-stop. I'm sure they made many new friends. You cannot go wrong with them for any type of affair that includes dancing. Thank you to Vance and the entire band for bringing the house down.

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The Groove Spot Band and Show did a great job. They played music that kept everyone on the dance floor for hours. They were flexible when our caterer was running late and were able to work with us on timing to keep the party going and fun so no guests knew the timing was off. I would recommend them to anyone, whether for a wedding or another event. We also had multiple people ask for their information, which I take to be a great endorsement of the Groove Spot Band and Show.

Profile Picture Will, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Could not have asked for a better band!! Not only are they amazing but also very professional! They made our special night so much more special and enjoyable.

Profile Picture Chris , 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Vance and The Groove Spot were the best wedding band we ever been around. At one point they literally had every single person at our wedding (140 ppl) on the dance floor at one time. I have heard from multiple guests that it was the most fun wedding they had ever been too, credit to The Groovespot!

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! We can't stop talking about The Groove Spot! They were the best money we spent on our wedding! Our friends and family had the best time and were on the dance floor the entire time. We are already looking to have another party just so we can hire The Groove Spot again. Vance was also tremendously helpful and professional throughout the entire process.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Reception, Sound/PA System

TGSB played our wedding on 7/29/17 @ The Belvedere in Baltimore & brought the house down!!! Our guests are still raving about the energetic performance. We first saw TGSB live on the National Mall in DC on 6/17/16. Prices are very fair for a band of their caliber & we signed TGSB to play our cocktail hour with a jazz quartet, & reception with an 8 piece (2 lead vocals, 4-pieces, & 2 horns). Vance, TGSB Band Leader, is an absolute pro who worked with us & venue to coordinate all details for smooth operations - including our request for a Soul Train Line. THE WEDDING - We're still in awe of the performance. Vance is an amazing MC, Nez' lead was absolutely electric, & Ondrea's heavenly vocals knocked us over with renditions of Whitney, Aretha, and Gloria. TGSB played like Barry Gordy himself had blessed our wedding. They brought us to tears with a surprise performance with our Dads playing guitar on "My Girl" and "Midnight Hour". TGSB and Vance made our night and had our guests (young & old) dancing until the end. They were gracious to extend their set 15 mins as the schedule went long. ADVICE, (1) Nez & Ondrea are some of the best vocalists we've ever seen in person and have a stage presence that will thrill your audience, BOOK THEM BY NAME. (2) Add the horns! The sax/trumpet provide jet fuel to the groove. (3) TGSB online vids don’t do them justice. Go see them live. TGSB made our wedding special beyond our wildest dreams and we can't recommend them enough !!!! A&J.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

These guys rock! (and roll!) Fantastic music, very professional yet fun, accommodating. We threw them a couple curves (small setup area, very little setup time) and they responded like champs! They also allowed the fathers of the bride and groom to stand in with the band for a couple songs, which the newlyweds said was one of the highlights of their wedding. Most importantly, The Groove Spot had everyone - from age 6 to 84 - dancing and singing and enjoying the reception. They are high energy, engage the crowd, and very easy to work with. Highly recommend The Groove Spot!

Profile Picture Russ, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Wonderful band! All members were very nice. Great energy and involvement with wedding guests! They really helped helped get the party started and keep it going!

Profile Picture User6684779, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

The band was beyond excellent! They made our reception. They kept everyone on the dance floor. The songs that I picked for the first dance, father and daughter were awesome. My friends are still talking about the band. I have a friend getting married in September who would like them to play at their reception! They were professional and so personal. I can't say enough about them. We are going to see them in July. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture KAREN, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Where do I start... What an outstanding and professional band!! When they arrived, they were all dressed according to my "luau" theme, looking rather spectacular. The moment they began to play, all of my guests were blown away. They played many great songs that had my guests rocking to the beat and continuously hitting the dance floor...which never stopped! They were GREAT!! If you're looking for a great band with variety and able to get your guests moving, then you should book "The Groove Spot Band and Show" at your next event. I am...!!

Profile Picture Sharelle, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Groove Spot Band simply made our Ball FUN! The music was dynamic, the singers were graceful, and somehow they always played the perfect song. Thank you for a wonderful time, our guest are still raving...we danced all night!

Profile Picture Brandon, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band was so much fun! They played a range of songs so all the guests were happy. The band interacted with the guests and made them feel part of the show. Vance was very professional and responsive when responding to my questions.

Profile Picture Sharon, 5/20/17, 1 Review