The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

94 | Hanover, MD

94 Reviews for The Groove Spot Band & Show

• Bmosswilkerson

Steve · Getting married on 09/04/2021

A big and loud “Thank You!” from me and Nicole. You have 185 new fans after Saturday night, and Nicole and I are going to evangelize for you guys for any parties or events that we hear about. You were absolutely brilliant – from the opening three songs, which absolutely set the tone for the night all the way through the slow dancing, the ad libbed pop songs (Blurred Lines into Marvin Gaye!), to the final notes accompanying Jed on his freestyle. Your sound and arrangements, your versatility and complete facility with all the music we wanted to hear, your showmanship – it was all superb and everything we hoped for. Beyond that, you were a pleasure to work with, and Vance, you in particular showed so much concern for making Nicole and I comfortable and happy. Thank you. We cannot say enough. We will absolutely post everywhere and tell everybody we know about you. I certainly hope we have the chance to work with you again.

Steve & Nicole

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • · Married on 09/28/2019

Simply the best wedding band!!

The Groove Spot Band played at both of my daughter’s weddings and they had everyone up dancing at both weddings. They are fabulous musicians and entertainers who play music for all ages. At my daughter’s wedding Sept 28, 2019, a friend who attended the wedding told me that at one point every guest was on the dance floor and we had 178 guests!
    My daughter requested that they learn the Jackson Browne version of Stay and they absolutely killed it!!! Hire this band for your wedding and you will have a lively and fun reception!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Katy Sartorius · Married on 08/31/2019

Would highly recommend!

The Groove Spot Band rocked it! We couldn't have been happier with a wedding band, and Vance was so easy to work with throughout the whole process. So many people raved about them -- and they were definitely a highlight of the wedding. We had the ten piece band and everything was perfect. Even though the barn we were in was warm, EVERYONE was on the dance floor from the beginning of the night to the end, largely because of the band. We are so grateful! They even accommodated a last minute change and we had a second line exit, which was amazing!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Rominger · Married on 08/26/2019

You need The Groove Spot Band!

This is the second year that we have hired the The Groove Spot Band for a charity event, and they were once again AMAZING!! So high energy, really keeps the crowd dancing, and so professional. Communication with the band has been simple both times. I can't say enough good things about them! Highly recommended! My legs are still sore from all of the dancing!!! Thank you Groove Spot Band for another amazing evening!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Nick

Nick Stumpo · Married on 07/13/2019

Hire these guys! Fantastic musicians and great value!

As a musician who plays weddings myself, and would be having dozens of musician friends attend our wedding as guests, it was important to me to hire a professional and talented band that would bring energy the entire night, and The Groove Spot Band and Show delivered. Vance is a fantastic band leader. He’s tremendously responsive and energetic, and worked seamlessly with our other vendors to ensure the night went smoothly, with minimal need for direction from us. The band is extremely talented and nails renditions of popular Motown and dance numbers - our guests were dancing and complementing us on the band the entire night. They also were fantastic playing jazz standards and improvisational jams during dinner and transition times. These guys are truly soulful musicians and way more than just the “factory of top 40 covers” that so many other overpriced wedding bands seem to be today. And as for flexibility, they even let me and some of my friends sit in with them on short notice. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Brenda · Married on 06/22/2019

Bel Air Wedding

The Groove was awesome! The dance floor was packed, everyone had a great time! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Graham

Graham Boone · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing experience!

What drew the most raves at my wedding this past weekend? Not the venue, which was gorgeous. Not the food, which was delicious. Not the decorations, which were beautiful. It was the Groove Spot Band, which was outstanding. After the wedding, people were coming up to me, left and right, to talk about how great the band was. Our wedding would not have been the same without them.

The Groove Spot Band has a broad playlist that spans genres and eras. My wife is Jewish and I am Black, and they crafted a set list that seamlessly appealed to both cultures. My wife was particularly concerned with how they would handle the Hora. They killed it! And our guests loved every moment. In addition, we particularly enjoyed their renditions of "The Electric Slide" and "Uptown Funk." Everybody was on their feet dancing from beginning to end.

The Groove Spot Band director, Vance, is a true professional. He was easy to work with, super responsive, and very accommodating; working with him was among the most stress-free parts of the planning experience. He also worked well with our coordinator and handled MC duties at the reception.

The Groove Spot Band provided a 3-player brass band to handle music for our cocktail hour, and when our ceremony musician was unable to make it, they provided a pianist on short notice. We loved our wedding, and we credit The Groove Spot Band and their music as a big part of the reason it was so wonderful.

As for pricing, their rates are incredibly competitive. (I honestly think they should be charging a lot more.) The rate for our 9-person reception band, 3-person cocktail hour band, and ceremony pianist was actually less than the ceremony-only rate for many of the 4-person or 5-piece bands we looked at. The Groove Spot Band's packages are very flexible, and they are able to provide anything from a 6-piece to a 15-piece band.

The Groove Spot Band is the one you want for your event. They do not disappoint.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Simmons · Married on 04/13/2019

"best wedding ever"

That was what we heard from multiple people. The floor was packed all night as Vance promised. Vance was a consummate professional and helped me get through my multiple anxieties surrounding the music. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Jenn Andriany · Married on 03/09/2019

Got the crowd going!

Vance and the Groove Spot were amazing to work with! They provided the entertainment for our charity event for the second year in a row and we will definitely be using them again. Vance was very responsive when I had questions about their set up and timeline and called a few days in advance just to touch base on logistics. We had Vance make some announcements for us before their first set and he was very willing to accommodate!

Once they got started there wasn’t a person sitting down. The whole crowd was on the dance floor! Even our photographer who does many weddings kept commenting on how great the band was!

We were able to raise more than our goal for our charity and I know the Groove Spot played a big part of that. Professional. Responsive. Energetic. The whole package. Thank you!!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Gwen U. Kenealy · Married on 12/29/2018

Awesome band

Vance Wilkerson and the Groovespot Band is a great band and I would recommend them to anyonee planning an event. They were absolutely fabulous at my daughters wedding in December. The dance floor was packed from the moment they started playing. Their music appeals to all generations and they get out on the floor with the guests and really get a party started. I used all ten members and used their horn section for a cocktail hour. Would use again in a heartbeat!!! Vance the contact for booking great to work with too.

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • kelsey

kelsey · Married on 12/29/2018

Best Wedding Band in the extended Maryland area!!

Vance and his team were 12/10 amazing. They bring such energy and love to their events that they elevate any event that they play. Their mo-town/classic vibe is perfect for all ages of dancing and they have fantastic interaction with the crowd. My favorite song of the night was Proud Mary when all of the girls were on the dance floor having a blast with the singer. Everyone raved to me about them after the wedding and it was not shocking in the slightest. I would hire them again in a heartbeat for any event that needs dancing.

Sent on 03/28/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 11/03/2018

The Groove Spot Band Was The Highlight Of Our Wedding!

The Groove Spot Band was the highlight of our wedding! Everyone keeps talking about how much they loved our band. They are so talented and were able to keep our guests on the dance floor all night! When planning our wedding, we weren't sure if we wanted to splurge on a band and thought we could have a great wedding with a DJ, but I'm certain our wedding wouldn't have been as memorable and fun without The Groove Spot Band; I'm SO glad I decided to hire them! The band's leader Vance is very personable and responsive. He went over to check out my venue before we hired them to make sure they could fit in the small ballroom of our venue. He also responded to my countless emails and calls with questions that popped up throughout the planning process. Hire this band! You won't regret it!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 10/20/2018

Groove Spot Was Phenomenal

They were GROOVIN all night!! The most memorable night of my life. I am so grateful to these awesome musicians. People were blown away and had an amazing time on the dance floor. Loved chatting with them and would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Brendan G · Married on 10/13/2018

Best in the Business!

Hiring The Groove Spot Band for our wedding was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. Vance, the band leader, was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. My wife and I’ve never seen a dance floor more packed in our lives. When a band can pull every guest from age 3 to age 97 onto the dance floor and keep them there all night, you know you’ve hired professionals. Do yourself a favor and look no further. Hire The Groove Spot Band for your event!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Randy · Married on 10/06/2018

Band and band members were highly professional as well as competent musicians. Multiple guests raved about the "great band," "wonderful music'" and "tremendous voices." We were also delighted that you dressed to match the event's theme and colors. We appreciated your early arrival and supportive nature. Taking request was also a plus. Thanks for a job super done! Would highly recommend you to others. Call any time you need a reference.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Brian Sheridan · Married on 10/06/2018

Brian Sheridan and Samantha Holcombe

Having had an opportunity to experience The Groove Spot Band before the wedding we were very excited for the opportunity to book them for our own wedding. Vance Wilkerson was professional and extremely easy to work with. The band did a great job reading the crowd and playing the right songs. Every guest we spoke to were blown away by the band and had an amazing time. I highly recommend The Groove Spot band.

Sent on 10/27/2018

David · Married on 09/29/2018

At the "Twist & Stout" event, the band was outstanding with great connections with the audience!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Mark · Married on 09/29/2018

Could not possibly say enough. Such a wonderful experience. They arrived ready to entertain and put on a great show. They truly bring it!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

If you want your event to be a dancing party hire Vance and The Groove Spot Band! We thoroughly enjoyed this band. As my one friend said "I wish I had a video of the mass exodus from the tables when the dance floor was opened to everyone!". She said it was like a wave everyone just got up and started dancing! We had such a good time. The lead singer was excellent and definitely hire the horn players!! Groove Spot we thank you for the fun music, energy and banter with the guests. A good time was had by all!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Nate · Married on 09/22/2018

We had a great experience with The Groove Spot. They were very responsive leading up to the wedding always responding within 24 hours, usually faster. We were able to provide a list of songs which were all played at the reception. They were very accommodating and we also were able to use their equipment for the ceremony (microphone for officiant) and played recorded music for the ceremony and during our outdoor cocktail hour. They set up their equipment in the designated area without any issues. Vance asked in advance about dress code and at the event all musicians were professionally dressed and appropriate for our more casual wedding. During the reception, the band was amazing and all the guests commented on how they really made the party. Kim was our MC for the reception as well and did a great job of introducing everyone and getting everyone excited to dance. We would definitely hire them again for any event where we would want a high energy Motown band!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Made our wedding so fun

The Groove Spot Band stole the show at our wedding (in the best way possible). Every person was dancing for the whole set, and everyone subsequent to the wedding told us they loved the band. Definitely made our wedding so fun!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Mark · Married on 07/28/2018

If I had a dollar for every person that has come up to me and said that we had the best wedding band they’ve ever seen....I’d probably be rich by now. Groovespot brought the house down. They worked the crowd, sounded amazing, got everyone dancing and even played a few special requests. 11/10 would recommend.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Meg · Married on 06/30/2018

We loved Groove Spot - they were so fun that the crowd got them to play 2 encores, and the dance floor was packed!

Sent on 07/16/2018
  • I

Ilana · Married on 06/24/2018

We had the BEST time at our wedding! The Groove Spot band was all anyone could talk about afterwards. They got the crowd going, were extremely organized and professional. Really the best band we could have gotten for our wedding :)

Sent on 07/23/2018