The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

82 | Hanover, MD

82 Reviews for The Groove Spot Band & Show

82 The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

Julie · Married on 11/03/2018

The Groove Spot Band Was The Highlight Of Our Wedding!

The Groove Spot Band was the highlight of our wedding! Everyone keeps talking about how much they loved our band. They are so talented and were able to keep our guests on the dance floor all night! When planning our wedding, we weren't sure if we wanted to splurge on a band and thought we could have a great wedding with a DJ, but I'm certain our wedding wouldn't have been as memorable and fun without The Groove Spot Band; I'm SO glad I decided to hire them! The band's leader Vance is very personable and responsive. He went over to check out my venue before we hired them to make sure they could fit in the small ballroom of our venue. He also responded to my countless emails and calls with questions that popped up throughout the planning process. Hire this band! You won't regret it!

• Chris

Chris · Married on 10/20/2018

Groove Spot Was Phenomenal

They were GROOVIN all night!! The most memorable night of my life. I am so grateful to these awesome musicians. People were blown away and had an amazing time on the dance floor. Loved chatting with them and would highly recommend.

Brendan G · Married on 10/13/2018

Best in the Business!

Hiring The Groove Spot Band for our wedding was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. Vance, the band leader, was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. My wife and I’ve never seen a dance floor more packed in our lives. When a band can pull every guest from age 3 to age 97 onto the dance floor and keep them there all night, you know you’ve hired professionals. Do yourself a favor and look no further. Hire The Groove Spot Band for your event!!

Randy · Married on 10/06/2018

Band and band members were highly professional as well as competent musicians. Multiple guests raved about the "great band," "wonderful music'" and "tremendous voices." We were also delighted that you dressed to match the event's theme and colors. We appreciated your early arrival and supportive nature. Taking request was also a plus. Thanks for a job super done! Would highly recommend you to others. Call any time you need a reference.

Brian Sheridan · Married on 10/06/2018

Brian Sheridan and Samantha Holcombe

Having had an opportunity to experience The Groove Spot Band before the wedding we were very excited for the opportunity to book them for our own wedding. Vance Wilkerson was professional and extremely easy to work with. The band did a great job reading the crowd and playing the right songs. Every guest we spoke to were blown away by the band and had an amazing time. I highly recommend The Groove Spot band.

David · Married on 09/29/2018

At the "Twist & Stout" event, the band was outstanding with great connections with the audience!

Mark · Married on 09/29/2018

Could not possibly say enough. Such a wonderful experience. They arrived ready to entertain and put on a great show. They truly bring it!

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

If you want your event to be a dancing party hire Vance and The Groove Spot Band! We thoroughly enjoyed this band. As my one friend said "I wish I had a video of the mass exodus from the tables when the dance floor was opened to everyone!". She said it was like a wave everyone just got up and started dancing! We had such a good time. The lead singer was excellent and definitely hire the horn players!! Groove Spot we thank you for the fun music, energy and banter with the guests. A good time was had by all!

The Groove Spot Band & Show 1
    The Groove Spot Band & Show 2

Nate · Married on 09/22/2018

We had a great experience with The Groove Spot. They were very responsive leading up to the wedding always responding within 24 hours, usually faster. We were able to provide a list of songs which were all played at the reception. They were very accommodating and we also were able to use their equipment for the ceremony (microphone for officiant) and played recorded music for the ceremony and during our outdoor cocktail hour. They set up their equipment in the designated area without any issues. Vance asked in advance about dress code and at the event all musicians were professionally dressed and appropriate for our more casual wedding. During the reception, the band was amazing and all the guests commented on how they really made the party. Kim was our MC for the reception as well and did a great job of introducing everyone and getting everyone excited to dance. We would definitely hire them again for any event where we would want a high energy Motown band!

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Made our wedding so fun

The Groove Spot Band stole the show at our wedding (in the best way possible). Every person was dancing for the whole set, and everyone subsequent to the wedding told us they loved the band. Definitely made our wedding so fun!

Mark · Married on 07/28/2018

If I had a dollar for every person that has come up to me and said that we had the best wedding band they’ve ever seen....I’d probably be rich by now. Groovespot brought the house down. They worked the crowd, sounded amazing, got everyone dancing and even played a few special requests. 11/10 would recommend.

Meg · Married on 06/30/2018

We loved Groove Spot - they were so fun that the crowd got them to play 2 encores, and the dance floor was packed!

• I

Ilana · Married on 06/24/2018

We had the BEST time at our wedding! The Groove Spot band was all anyone could talk about afterwards. They got the crowd going, were extremely organized and professional. Really the best band we could have gotten for our wedding :)

Robert · Married on 06/14/2018

Had a lot of extra things they needed to do and Vance handled them all professionally and efficiently. The audience loved them and they fed them just what they wanted.

Crystal · event on: 04/20/2018

The Groove Spot Band & Show performed at my husband’s 50th birthday celebration on Friday, April 20, 2018. My experience with Vance Wilkerson, Owner of the Groove Spot Band and Show from our initial contact, to executing the band performance was nothing short of exceptional. I was very meticulous in the selection of our entertainment provider, and The Groove Spot Band & Show exceeded our expectations every step off the way. Vance was prompt in answering our initial inquiries, flexible with regards to appointment bookings, and very competitive on the price given due to the complexity of our request. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank The Groove Spot Band & Show for your service and professionalism.

We truly feel that we lucked out by finding entertainment as talented, professional, and friendly as The Groove Spot Band & Show. Everyone at my husband’s party praised the band on how great they sounded. We not only look forward to referring our friends to you in the future whenever they are looking for entertainment, but we will be using your band again sometime in the future ourselves!

Best regards,
    Crystal Jordan

Malcom · Married on 04/20/2018

On this past Friday, April 20, 2018, my wife gave me a 50th birthday celebration in which the Groove Spot Band and Show provided the music. To be honest, I had not heard of the band prior to my wife telling me they were going to play at my party. I was a little apprehensive about the band, but I knew there was nothing that I could do to change it and remain happily married. Needless to say, my wife made the right decision on obtaining this band. Don’t tell her I said that. Let’s just say The Grove Spot Band and Show were lit, they were on Fleek! (those are words used by the younger generation to express how good/great something is). By the time my party ended, my phone began blowing up with calls and texts telling me how much they enjoyed the party in particular the music that was provided The Groove Spot Band and Show. Thank you Groove Spot Band and Show for making my party the best ever.

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Vance and The Groove Spot Band and Show. My husband and I hired them after dancing the entire night to their music at a friends wedding and knew they were the ones for us and they DID NOT disappoint. My husband and I are professional dancers and about 70% of our guests had some kind of dance experience the floor was PACKED the ENTIRE night. I can honestly remember them only taking one break! They absolutely KILLED IT, as soon as the first song started people swarmed the floor and didn't leave. They played a little extra at the end and hit all of our requested songs. Vance was super accommodating and kept me on track in terms of getting special songs sent in and was very helpful and kind to our coordinators as we only got them my husband and his moms song about 3 hours before the reception... I was very bad, but they were AMAZING. We also added some brass which for Motown is an absolute must, you literally cannot beat the price for the quality that you will receive from these guys. They worked so well with our coordinators on announcements and stayed on track without being "overbearing MCs", they gave the night a perfect flow (If you haven't already, hire a day of coordinator!).
    Do yourself an your guests a favor and hire these fabulous and insanely talented people! They are so, SO good!

Stark · Married on 03/31/2018

The Groove Spot Band & Show had everyone at my wedding up and dancing. They played everything we wanted to hear and sounded great doing it. Would highly recommend!!

Kelly · Married on 02/14/2018

We used this band for our annual Hospital ball - they rocked it! Dressed to go with our theme and their music was outstanding!

Thomas · Married on 12/29/2017

One of the best bands I have ever experienced! I received countless compliments on how great they were and how so many people were up dancing. The only negative was that it had to end! We could've danced ALL night! Thank you so much for making Sarah and mine's wedding so awesome!

Rhonda · Married on 12/22/2017

The band delivered as promised. On time. Professional. Appropriate dress, organized and wonderful and appropriate music choices.

Paris · Married on 12/22/2017

The band was awesome. They played a variety of music that really got the crowd moving. I really liked how they engaged the crowd, and made it a fun evening. I would most definitely use them again.

Jeri · Married on 12/09/2017

Working with the Groove Spot Band & Show was an absolute pleasure. From the start it was clear we were talking to professionals who understood the business and how to work with a clients vision to meet expectations. They were responsive and accommodating in the planning stages.

The day of the event they were on time and dressed and prepared to get to work! They needed very little guidance from me allowing me and the team to focus on setting up the venue for our guests.

When the show got started it was clear we had made a FANTASTIC selection! They looked great, they were engaged and interactive with our guests, and most important they sounded FANTASTIC!

If you're looking for a band .... you can stop; you've found them. the Groove Spot Band & Show will keep your party moving and on the dance floor. Trust me you will *not* be disappointed!

Jeri B.

The Groove Spot Band & Show 3
    The Groove Spot Band & Show 4
    The Groove Spot Band & Show 5

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

The Groove Spot Band & Show was Excellent! From the first song to the last, they had everyone dancing. They played a nice mix of music with slow and fast rhythms and even interacted with the crowd. The sound was perfect. I highly recommend them for weddings and other parties. They are sweet, personable, fun and know how to make people shake!