The Greenbriar Inn Reviews

The Greenbriar Inn 5
  • Francesca

Francesca Russo · Married on 09/13/2019

Picture Perfect

We had a small elopement (total 10 guests) and looked all over the Boulder area for a place to accommodate a private party for such a small group. After what proved to be a very challenging search, we finally stumbled upon the greenbriar and we are so glad we did. From the very beginning Kathh Jo was very attentive, reassuring us that they had a perfect space for us to have a private dinner with our small group. The communication from day one was always great. The day our of celebration dinner was absolutely perfect. The property itself is very beautiful and well maintained, and then the private room where we all were was warm and quaint. They had us gathered around a large square table which made for a perfect family dinner vibe which was exactly what we were going for. Joe as our personal waiter was the best experience. He quickly picked up on our family's sense of humor and had us laughing all night. We had our wedding cake made on premises, and that, along with all of the food (and wine) was absolutely delicious...I cant say enough. Even though we were a small group, we felt just as important as a wedding of 200.

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Nora

Nora Schuchat · Married on 06/23/2019

Intimate venue with beautiful outdoor space

My husband and I chose the Greenbriar Inn because it felt intimate and familiar, has beautiful grounds (we knew we wanted to have an outdoor ceremony), and it didn't feel like a corporate venue. We worked with Kathi Jo to plan our wedding. She was easy to communicate with and responsive. The week leading up to our wedding was rainy, but Kathi Jo had multiple ceremony options in case things didn't clear up -- though ultimately the sun came out and we were able to have our ceremony outdoors where we had originally planned! The food was excellent, and the chef even made our favorite dessert that was not on the menu. So many of our family and friends complimented us on the venue, they loved that it was a restaurant and they loved the food! Kathi Jo has a great team who were so friendly and worked so hard the day of. We couldn't be happier with our choice of venue and can't wait to go back and visit for a meal.

Sent on 06/30/2019
    The Greenbriar Inn 6
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 05/05/2019

Fabulous and scenic

Gorgeous venue, all-inclusive, excellent food, great service, and all-around magical! We are beyond happy that we chose to have our wedding at The Greenbriar Inn!

Sent on 09/13/2019
    The Greenbriar Inn 7
  • Amber

Amber Ott · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful Venue

Wonderful venue overall. Phil and Emma were so great to work with. Emma helped us get everything organized ahead of time and had great communication. Phil was there the day of and made sure everything ran smoothly. The venue was beautiful and the food and dining experience was perfect. I would recommend this site for any wedding!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Char · Married on 09/09/2018

CHARMING AND IMPECCABLE! Held my wedding ceremony at Greenbriar Inn followed with Champagne Brunch. What a perfect day, everything was flawless and seamless! Kathi Jo is absolutely incredible, so caring and genuine and is a true gem. The owners and staff are so welcoming and sweet, they made us feel like we were the only guests in-house! Food was spectacular, their Sunday Brunch has a great variety and wonderful presentation! I fell in love with the property, the service was top-notch, and I can't say enough good things about Kathi Jo. Already looking forward to going back and celebrating my anniversary!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/11/2018

The Greenbriar is an all around fantastic venue. The setting is beautiful and the grounds are stunning. We took all of our photos there and they look like we traipsed around to a variety of stunning locations, because the grounds offer such diversity of scenery—wild meadows, manicured lawns, ponds, and trees. The restaurant itself is so quaint, cozy, and romantic—not to mention the food is incredible, the wine list is impressive, and the well liquor is very solid. Also, our wedding cake was actually one of the best cakes I’ve ever had—whoever said wedding cakes are always dry and tasteless hasn’t had cake from the Greenbriar. I just loved how unique the Greenbriar is, as a lot of wedding venues look the same to me. Despite having 150 guests, I felt like I was having an intimate dinner with our closest friends, instead of presiding over a big banquet hall (that being said, if you want a big banquet hall, this probably isn’t the place for you). Perhaps most importantly, the staff of the Greenbriar are SO helpful and professional. They can take care of day-of coordination, food, drinks, cake, linens/serveware, sound/mics for the ceremony, and chairs for the ceremony. Kathi Jo made everything so easy to plan, which was important as we were planning from afar. The staff is so thoughtful and they really think of every detail, including those you might never have thought of yourself so you can just enjoy your day (for example, they took my bouquet from me after the ceremony and put it in water so it would look perky for our additional photos later). And, particularly considering the array of services they provide, the Greenbriar was definitely less expensive than other venues we looked at. I will admit we exceeded the final estimate they gave us, but my husband and I also expected that would happen so it wasn’t an unpleasant surprise. If you have an open bar and you know your friends really like to party, either set a cut-off point or you might go over your estimate.

Sent on 09/10/2018
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 03/31/2018

They Make Dreams Come True

Kathi Jo, the Greenbriar's wedding coordinator, is a sorceress. She will work her butt off for you to make your wedding absolutely perfect. Also, if the most important part of wedding day is the FOOD (like it was for us), you can count on the Greenbriar for delicious, hot plates for every guest.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Nancy · Married on 10/07/2017

We had our wedding two weeks ago at the Greenbriar and it was nothing short of amazing!!! We had the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors and the reception was indoors in the main dining room. The cabin lawn for the ceremony was so perfect, with the fall colors and then the foothills behind. It was a destination wedding for the majority of our guests and it truly was the perfect Colorado setting!

THE FOOD - I have never been to a wedding previously that had good food so I was beyond happy to have had such fantastic food at our own wedding! Our guests are still talking about the property and the food!

The banquet coordinator, Kathi Jo, as well as Valerie, Cliff, and the rest of the staff were professional, helpful, and made sure we were not worried about anything throughout the planning as well as the day of the wedding. We had literally no worries the day of which is unheard of! We could not have asked for a better or more accommodating venue. They gave us freedom with our vendors and even suggested and helped with "the little things". My favorite was to use the fall leaves from the grounds during our recessional! So fun and BEAUTIFUL.

We had visited some other venues in the area while we were planning last year and this was the only one that made us feel like we weren't just another tab on their sales column for the year. We have so many happy memories from our wedding day with our friends and families at the Greenbriar Inn and we would not change a thing! THANK YOU! (I apologize for the long paragraph, Wedding Wire does not allow for formatting).

Sent on 10/27/2017
    The Greenbriar Inn 8
    The Greenbriar Inn 9
    The Greenbriar Inn 10
  • Dyann

Dyann · Married on 09/22/2017

The Greenbriar was the perfect place to get married. Kathi Jo and the rest of the staff listened to all of our ideas and did their best to make sure our wedding day was flawless. I didn't have to worry about the details, as they had it all taken care of. The food was fabulous and our cake was delicious. The Greenbriar was the perfect setting for our magical, fall wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

This venue is stunning, quaint, and everything we wanted! It's impossible to have a bad view during the ceremony. The staff here is wonderful, helpful, and kind. Kathi Jo makes any worry or concern you have go away. She has years of experience and makes the process as painless as possible. I never worried about things getting done as I knew we were in good hands. On top off the amazing views and wonderful staff...their food is absolutely delicious! Our guests were raving about their meals. My husband and I will always be back for brunch and dinner!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Kimberly · Married on 06/17/2017

The Greenbriar was fantastic for my wedding- incredible food, immaculate service and an intimate and beautiful setting. Kathi Jo was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Tiffany · Married on 06/03/2017

I cannot tell you enough how impressed I am with the service at Greenbriar Inn. I remember walking in to meet Kathi Jo and she told me that I would not be stressed and to leave it all to her. I truly was not at all stressed on the day. Kathi Jo made everything easy and all I had to do was enjoy the day.

The venue was amazing. We didn’t need any decorations due to the natural beauty of the venue. If you are look for natural beauty to save a little money. I highly recommend.

Prior to finding the Greenbriar Inn I was stressed at all of the financial cost involved. When I left Kathi Jo that first day, I was relieved that we would start our marriage debit free.

We still get rave reviews from our guests on the food. It was outstanding!!!!!

Thank you GBI for make this such a special day!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Michael · Married on 09/25/2016

We had a wonderful experience working with Kathi Jo and the entire team at The Greenbriar Inn for our wedding. The planning went very smoothly. Kathi Jo helped us understand all of the options and logistics and was always available to answer our questions. The serving staff went above and beyond to accommodate all of our needs on our wedding day. AS expected, the food was delicious. The guests had a fabulous time. We highly recommend The Greenbriar Inn!

Sent on 12/18/2016

JENNIFER · Married on 05/28/2016

We had our wedding here May 28th and it was beautiful:) All our guest said the food was amazingly good and they loved the venue. Kathi Jo was awesome to work with and she even helped figure out how to bussle my dress. Looking forwards to many anniversary dinners here!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Julia · Married on 07/18/2015

Amazing food, great service, very friendly staff, stunning location - and a wonderful coordinator who made sure that seriously everything went smoothly.
    Our wedding was a blast, we couldn't have imagined it any better! Unforgettable memories guaranteed!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Staci · Married on 10/04/2014

The Greenbriar is a beautiful setting with great food, and all of the staff were very helpful. They gave great suggestions about timing, room layout, and menu options that I wouldn't have thought of, and were very easy to work with. I felt that they were reasonably priced and very convenient as they provided the venue, the food, and the cake the event, as well as their sound system to use as we provided our own music. The day went perfectly, and Greenbriar staff was very helpful in keeping everything on track.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Kestrel · Married on 09/27/2014

We couldn’t have been more pleased with our Wedding experience at Greenbriar Inn. We felt so well taken care of by Kathi Jo, Emma, Phil and the amazingly professional and fun staff. Greenbriar Inn saved our day! We lost our venue last minute and they were beyond willing to make their venue work for us. In the end we can’t imagine having done it anywhere else. Greenbriar Inn is amazing at making your experience unique and personal and they are detail oriented in a relaxed way. You can tell their staff enjoys the final product and although they are attuned to serving you it is done in a subtle and warm way. The setting is absolutely classic, intimate and romantic with a big Colorado feel. We thank you with all our heart and look forward to recommending you to friends while also returning to celebrate the passages of our lives. K & J Neathawk

Sent on 12/06/2014

Annie · Married on 08/08/2013

Perfect! We had a very small ceremony and dinner in August, everything was perfect! Phil and Emma were great from the start. We used the south lawn and sunroom for our event. It was perfect for 25 people. The wait staff was awesome. After our appetizers they quickly set up for the ceremony and made sure my husband and I had drinks and were doing well the entire night! The greenbriar was awesome!

Sent on 08/29/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2013

Wow. The Greenbriar was the perfect place for our wedding. Phil & Emma and all of the incredible staff there are so attentive, flexible, helpful and fun! From start to finish, they ensure that every need is met and every moment counts. They don't just want to host weddings, they want to be a part of them. They do everything they can to guarantee that your wedding day is filled with joy and they sincerely want the bride and groom to have their dreams come to life. I was a very hands on bride and I planned our wedding myself down to every last tiny detail - which means I emailed them ... a lot! They were there for me and actually helped my process along by making professional suggestions from experience that made our wedding just that much better. They are very busy with all of the events and weddings and everyday business of their restaurant, but you never feel less important to them than another. I will say that having the owner of your venue present at your wedding shows his true love for this business of weddings. He came to our table during dinner to personally congratulate us. A special touch that truly blessed us. The staff took such great care of our guests and the entire event flowed smoothly. They took care of everything. Beyond all of this, the Greenbriar is a beautiful place! They have created a perfect setting for the most important event of your life!
    I cannot thank them enough. Wonderful! Just perfect. We will cherish every moment of the day God gave us to be especially ours, and thanks for being a part of it.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Chrissy · Married on 06/20/2009

We absolutely loved everything about The Greenbriar Inn! We were supposed to have our ceremony outside and unfortunately it started raining thirty minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start. The coordinator at the Greenbriar, Liz, was so helpful. She showed us the weather radar on her computer and discussed other options since the rain wasn't going away anytime soon. She offered us a space inside and we agreed that would be the best spot, but she could tell I wasn't happy and really wanted it outside. A few minutes later she returned with news that the staff could set up a couple of tents to make it work outside in the rain. It was the most intimate, beautiful ceremony. Thanks to all the staff and especially Liz, our wedding day turned out fantastic! P.S. The food is phenomenal and all the staff are super friendly.

Sent on 07/07/2009

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2008

Our wedding reception was amazing! The staff did a great job and the food was fabulous. Their wedding planner, Liz Daniels helped make our planning very easy. She offered great advice and was wonderful to work with. I would recommend this location to anyone getting married!!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Alexia · Married on 07/07/2001

We were married in Vegas in April 2001 and wanted to have a celebration and a more traditional Jewish wedding with our family and friends. We had an amazing, non-traditional wedding here. The food was SO good that everyone was almost silent as they ate - people said it was the best mean they'd had in ages! They were really hospitable (they let us have a Klezmer Band, me sing and us dance on the patio), the setting was gorgeous and the whole event was great! We went back to celebrate our anniversary 2 years later, when I was pregnant with our first child, and it was just as good!

Sent on 04/04/2008

Lindsay · Married on 10/18/2008

The staff at Greenbriar were extremely flexible when working with me. I had a unique request. I wanted to provide a location for the many people that traveled to our wedding to see us one more time the next morning. Our budget,however, was not large enough for us to provide a brunch for our guests. We worked out a system where families could call in to make a reservation for our party in advance, therefore we could all sit together and talk, but checks were split according to family. It took a bit of organization but everything went very smoothly and the brunch was delicious!

Sent on 01/30/2009

Ashley · Married on 05/16/2015

Bottom line: We were absolutely delighted with our wedding at the Greenbriar Inn, and cannot say enough good things about the wonderful staff and facility.
    Details: The grounds are absolutely lovely, with mountains in the background, a trout pond, plenty of plant life, and a 5000 sq ft garden where they grow many of the vegetables they serve. The main dining room, where we had our reception, is so beautiful on its own that we didn't have any decorations besides centerpieces, and the sun room was perfect as a dance floor/photo booth area. The food/cup cakes were fantastically delicious and are what really make the GBI a great value, in our opinion, though everything was amazing. The coordinator, Kathi Jo, is friendly and helpful, as are the owners, Phil and Emma. Valerie was with us throughout the event to make sure things ran smoothly/on time, and to ensure we ate. According to family, the other servers and bartenders were also great. Sadly for us, our ceremony was rained out, but we were shocked at how quickly staff was able to convert main dining area to and from the ceremony area. We got numerous compliments on the food, facilities, and staff at our event, and continue to receive them a week later.
    There are only two very small downsides: 1) The staff can be a little slow to respond to emails, but always got back to us within a week. If I felt the matter was more urgent, I just called and typically got an answer. 2) Folks dining in the bar area must walk through receptions in the main dining room to get to the restrooms (would not be an issue for an upstairs reception, but that area was too small for our 100 guests and a dance flood). This was not a big deal to us, but wanted to mention it since it may be upsetting to some couples.
    Overall we were very impressed and pleased with our wedding at the GBI!

Sent on 05/21/2015

We couldn't have found a better place for our wedding! Everything was perfect, the food and cakes were beyond delicious, and even though we had one already, there was no need for an event planner as the owners and staff take care of as much detail as you need them to. We hope to return for our anniversaries as often as we can!

Sent on 05/14/2014