The Green Petal Reviews

East Haven, CT
View more information

• Ashley
    Ashley H. Married on 03/25/2021

Talented florist, elegant wedding arrangements!

Gorgeous work! Alison took my vague ideas for wedding flowers and created beyond what I was imagining! I'm so grateful to have found such a talented florist to make our wedding day extra special. Thank you Alison, you have a gift!!
    Audrey Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing!!!

Allie is amazing! I used her for my 9/6/19 wedding. I went to her knowing exactly what I wanted but also with no clue of what I wanted (if that makes any sense) and she was able to take my jumbled description of what i pictured and make it 10x more beautiful and even have some personal touches I didn’t think of. We got our bouquets, centerpieces, bouts, an arch, as well as a few other things to have throughout . She gives an easy to read invoice break down that makes it simple to know what you should add/take away to stay within your budget. Everyone could not stop talking about how beautiful my flowers were. It rained on my wedding day and she made sure to give me the option of still having the arch done inside or get refunded, I still had her make it despite the rain and it was beautiful and really made the ceremony feel special despite having it be inside. 5 star rating on her work itself and also how easy she is to work with!! She was the only florist I met with because I knew from the first meeting I wanted to use her, but talking to other friends who have recently gotten married her prices were amazing too!
  • Kelly
    Kelly S. Married on 07/28/2019

Brought my vision to life

From the beginning, Ali was nothing short of amazing. She provided florals for my shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, centerpieces, bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. She was able to maintain my [vague] vision of natural and textured flowers with greenery accents, and she truly brought my vision to fruition. I also cannot comment enough on her flexibility and resiliency, as I emailed her at least 3 times with additions or changes to my original vision. Ali rolled with my ever-changing plan, and truly executed exactly what I could not verbalize. Ali is truly an artist and her passion shows in her work. We can't thank her enough for the beautiful blooms that she provided xo (photos of flowers by Emily Crenca Photography).
    Caryn F. Married on 07/06/2019

The best florist!

Alison took what I had envisioned my flowers, decor, bouquets, boutonnières, table arrangements on our wedding day & made it come to life! It was PERFECTION! I know absolutely nothing about flowers and she pulled together the prettiest arrangements and knew exactly which flowers to use based on my vision. I am so happy we worked with Alison for our big day. She was professional and took everything I had in mind to heart. Thank you so much for making our big day so pretty!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful flowers and talented florist

My husband and I would recommend The Green Petal. Since we met Ali, her professionalism, knowledge, and experience really stood out to us. Her pricing was right in our budget, and she really brought our vision to life when it came to our flowers for the big day. In fact, when she arrived with the bouquets, I nearly teared up — they were absolutely beautiful! She even went above and beyond to help the groomsmen put on their boutonnieres.

Ali is dedicated and loves what she does, and she made selecting flowers and the right combinations a great experience. She even worked with us when we had to make changes to the numbers of flowers we needed by our wedding day. We were so impressed with her work and still are. She even suggested a small local business to allow me to preserve my beautiful bouquet. We hope to hire The Green Petal again for a future event.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 06/21/2018

Just Beautiful!

Alison was my florist for my June 2018 wedding and her work was phenomenal. And very well priced too! Other florists had such a high minimum quote, and I was able to get what I wanted and more from Alison for less than I expected to pay. She also traveled to Newport RI for our wedding. So easy to work with, sweet, very responsive to my questions and issues, worked with my changing ideas and very helpful with making setup and breakdown stress free for me. I didn't have to worry about my bouquets or flowers for the family and groomsmen and groom getting to them on time like I've seen friends have to deal with in the past. I had no idea what I wanted and she still was able to pull it all together from my pinterest board and the little bit of ideas I shared with her. So many guests loved her work and were telling me so, including one friend who told me after seeing what she did at my wedding, she became her dream florist for her wedding. Major compliments to you, Alison, and thank you so much for everything!
    Barbara Married on 06/30/2017
    I have known Ali since we were about five years old-we went to grammar school in New Haven for k-8th grade. When I envisioned my wedding from when I was a little girl, flowers was always the first thing I pictured. They are the best detail in a wedding and you need a florist who feels the same way. I needed someone that I could trust with my wedding day, someone I knew would make it the best day and more! When I reconnected with Ali to plan my wedding I knew I was getting just that! Her passion for her job is unreal!!! It is written all over her face!! She is amazing at what she does, but its no surprise! Book with the green petal..it will be one of the best vendors you can have for your wedding day! Ali, thank you so much for making my wedding dreams come true...I will forever be grateful!!!!
    Keyo-Ann Married on 10/14/2016
    Allison the owner. Is just amazing. My wedding is Friday October 14th. She is just hands, on flexable if you need to drop something to her shes there. Creative unqiue and on point. Takes your vision and makes it come to life. Amazing. Post wedding review... I could not have asked for more. She totally blew my mind. I had amazing gatsby inspired wedding. Allison did above and beyond my guests took everything home except the ostrich feather peices. My bouquet was amazing unique. Shes is awesome amazing and I had a custom remberance pon made she chased me thru Hartford pulled into a graphitie park to try and locate us before the ceremony. And she did and I can not say enough good things. Friends, family still talking about the florals and how beautiful each lil touch is. Shes an amazing florist!! Loved working with her and every single thing. She set up delivered and picked up next day. Shes amazing and has very unique ideas. If you want amazing florals with out blowing your budget and get everything you want and be treated like family. Look no further!!!
    Jennifer Married on 09/10/2016
    I would recommend alison a thousand times!!! Loved everything she did for me!! She will be my Floist forever!!! Thank you Alison
  • User2291126 2+ years ago
    I was recently a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding that used the Green Petal for their floral arrangements. Alison's attention to detail and sense of creativity is unmatched. She went above and beyond for the bride and met with her several times before the wedding at the bride's convenience. She was able to bring to life the classic chic wedding the bride had envisioned and did so at an affordable price. If you want someone who is experienced, flexible, and personable The Green Petal is the florist for you! I would highly recommend Alison and I plan to use her in the near future for my own wedding!
    -Lisa
    Debra Event on: 07/28/2015
    Beautiful Flowers! incredible turn around Alison was creative, and so helpful!
  • User2516066 2+ years ago
    I recently booked green petal for my June 2015 wedding. She was recommended to me by a friend and I can't say enough good things about her !! Honestly picking out flowers for my wedding was the best part she made everything so much fun and her work is breathtaking. I still have guests from my wedding complimenting on how amazing they were !! Whenever I can I try to tell future brides to book with her seriously you will not be disappointed. If you want someone that really cares about your special day don't hesitate she is your girl!
    Kristi
    Ps check out the pictures my flowers are the green purple and pink ones on her page
    Stephanie Married on 11/02/2019

Beyond Beautiful Flowers for Our Wedding

Choosing to work with Alli from The Green Petal was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. Alli is so friendly, talented, and just a joy to work with. She was able to stay within our budget and was a preferred vendor for our venue. We met early on in the planning process and then sent her some photos of inspiration for what we were looking for. We then met in person again as we got closer to the wedding and were able to come up with a vision for the day. On the day of our wedding, my mouth hit the floor. The flowers were absolutely STUNNING and more beautiful than I could ever imagine! Alli took our ideas and really turned them into something incredible. Our flowers were perfect. She even made a beautiful sunflower arrangement for our ceremony space that was just gorgeous and exactly what we envisioned. I can't wait to have Alli recreate my wedding bouquet one day. Alli is a true artist and really made our wedding even more beautiful!
  • User2411368 2+ years ago
    Alison has been very easy to work with and, even with little guidance from me, was able to provide a package for our wedding that I love. She's also reasonably priced and quick to respond!
    Highly recommended!
  • Emily
    Emily W. Married on 06/27/2021

Amazing Florist

I didn't really know what I wanted when i went into my meeting with the florist, I had one main flower in mind but Alison at the Green Petal helped walk me through the different styles of bouquets and we built out a selection of flowers together around my pick of blue globe thistle. I was excited to see the flowers day of and was absolutely blown away by the beauty and intricacy of the bouquets and the table arrangements. Her work exceeded all my expectations and am so happy I worked with her.