The Graycliff Reviews

The Graycliff 3
The Graycliff 4
The Graycliff 5
  • User3857999 ·

I don't normally review places, but i really had to review this one ..This place is simply AMAZING, I went for a food tasting on February 11, 2016. The policy is for potential clients to taste the food first before signing a contract. Arriving at the Graycliff from the back entrance, doesn't seem all that inviting , but the minute you walk in it is like your in another place. The front desk staff greeted us with open arms and was very responsive to us. Cathy who is the general manager , is simply the best. It was like , she knew everything i wanted before i even opened my mouth. We expressed our budget concerns and that was not a problem at all because she understood. Now, the food tasting , u are allowed to bring up to 6 people , but i only had four, my fiance his mom and my mother. We were full by the end of trying the appetizers. It was so much food for it to be a tasting. The dinner portion was nothing less, the size of the steaks to me were too big for a tasting lol , but they were juicy, tender and flavorful. The actual ballroom , was huge , the only issue my fiance had was the actually dance floor was a little small for him , but you have two hugs gazebo that added to the ballroom. Overall , this place is a diamond in a ruff and it deserves more rating then its actually receiving .

Sent on 02/22/2016
  • Carolina

Carolina · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Venue - Top Notch!

We had our wedding at The Graycliff on June 1, 2019. We had a guest list of 200 people & our maitre d', John, was absolutely phenomenal. But let me rewind a bit, during our tour they answered all our questions, the owner sat down to work out pricing with us and that's the thing - he WORKED with our budget. The pricing we received for the service and quality we were provided was honestly a steal. They set up our cake through Palermo Bakery & we had such a great time at our cake tasting and most importantly our food tasting at The Graycliff. Everything they did for us was a memory that will last a lifetime, from the initial consultation, to food tasting to our very special day. John and his team went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and stress free. All my guests were impressed by the food, venue, drinks and service. I cannot thank The Graycliff and their team enough for making our special day truly memorable and a 5 Star day all around (even with the minor mishaps - which had nothing to do with them). I strongly recommend any and every bride & groom to consider The Graycliff for their big day or any event! They have a life long customer/friend with me and my husband. Thank you!! - The Hincapies

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 05/31/2019

Outstanding Venue, Outstanding Staff!

There are not enough words to explain how amazing the staff at The Graycliff are! Everyone from the people who helped us plan, to the maitre’d and the assistant maitre’d, as well as all the other staff on the day, are just outstanding. Our wedding was perfect, thanks in large part to them. Our friends and family can not stop raving about the service at The Graycliff, and we couldn’t agree with them more.

Sent on 08/17/2019
    The Graycliff 6
    The Graycliff 7
    The Graycliff 8
    The Graycliff 9
    The Graycliff 10

Piedad · Married on 05/25/2019

Excelente place

The best please to celebrate our wedding

Sent on 02/28/2019

Yessenia Mango · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely perfect!!

The venue was exactly what we were looking for. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. Everyone told me to expect something to go wrong on your wedding day because nothing is ever perfect but that was not what happened here. Not one thing went wrong the staff was always right there to help in any way they could. Also the food was exceptional. Definitely recommending this venue to all my friends.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Megan · Married on 10/19/2018

I had never been to the Graycliff before my bridal shower was thrown there. We had the room that looked like a greenhouse with the glass ceiling and walls. The room itself was beautiful! There was an outdoor space attached as well so people could go inside and outside. The food was delicious and there was a large variety to choose from. Jackie was the "captain" of the shower and she was amazing. She was so accommodating and happy to help. The mimosas were delicious, but on the weaker side. My only suggestion would be to make them a little stronger but otherwise everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2018
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 08/18/2018

The Graycliff is definitely the place to have your wedding. Tony and his staff went above and beyond for our wedding !!! My husband and I, and all our guest were all so happy and thrilled with everything about the Graycliff. Friendly staff, great food, and just an all around awesome time !!! You would be foolish to go anywhere else for your wedding reception !!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Yalili · event on 05/31/2018

Everything was fantastic!!! Food, service and venue were awesome! Definitely will recommend to others!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Julia · Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing wedding!

There are not enough positive words for the experience we had with the Graycliff! I’ll start from the beginning. My husband and I visited 22 wedding venues in the tri-state area and nothing even came close to what we felt at the Graycliff. Our first visit, we received a tour and met with Michelle - who is the sweetest person ever to deal with when it came to plan our wedding! She broke down the pricing for us, it was very reasonable compared to some of the other venues we saw. Working with Michelle made the entire experience fun. I am Russian, and my husband is half Italian, so we were looking for a venue that would accommodate our cultures - especially one that would provide TONS of food. We came to the tasting and our parents fell in love with it immediately and we booked that same day. Tony the owner was great to work with as well, they truly cared about making me feel like I got everything I wanted. They were able to swap out some menu options to fit exactly what we wanted, and they were even able to incorporate some of our Russian type foods. During the last visit, we met with Michelle and dropped off everything we had for the wedding day (favors, seating cards, etc.) I had specific instructions and Michelle made each one happen without hesitation!

Day of wedding: We called from the limo to give them ETA as we were travelling from our ceremony in CT and timing wasn’t exact. Our limo was escorted to the side of building directly to the bridal suite, so no one would know the bride/groom had arrived. The bridal room was filled with food and the maître d was constantly around to make sure we had everything and to get us drinks. During the cocktail hour we went to take pictures, all the attendants escorting us were communicating via ear pieces to make sure it was a clear path to the photo location, that no one was there, and bride wouldn’t be bombarded with guests. It was all so discreet and smooth - as if they were trained government operatives! After pictures, we were escorted back and got ready for the reception, we didn’t have time to join our guests during the cocktail hour as bustling my dress took too long but from our video we just received, the cocktail hour was INSANE. (Best part was suckling pig that we got to take home leftovers of at the end of the night.) The amount of food was ridiculous, and everything was perfectly decorated. It also wasn’t just filler decorated food, there were truly tons of DELICIOUS food options for every kind of taste. Afterwards, we heard from multiple guests that they thought cocktail hour was the reception food given how much of us and how delicious it was! The pianist that the venue provided was the perfect touch as well. We had bought all the additional food options they offered, and they were honestly worth every penny. Graycliff also included the cake, and that additional expense was so nice to save on - Palermo’s provided excellent cake that we got to choose!

Our reception went off without a hitch. Our food was brought out first. It was delicious but given all that was going on, we didn’t eat much of it, we wanted to make sure we said hello to all our guests. Drinks kept being brought to us, the servers were great as well. We had heard from multiple guests that the steaks were cooked to each guest’s perfect specifications, which rarely happens at big wedding. No one left our wedding hungry. Dessert was amazing, the fire show was quick but well worth it! We were too busy dancing to get dessert but also from the video, what we saw was amazing! Our guests had to be rolled out from all the food and desserts at the end of the night!

There was only 1 bar in the room but there were multiple bartenders and there was never ever a line for drinks - servers brought drinks to the tables as well. We had 120 guests, and no one was ever cramped. Michelle worked with me on table sizes to accommodate all my seating arrangement requests. The dance floor looked deceivingly small, but it was the perfect size for all our guests to dance on. The rectangular shape was also very neat and worked out great!

As the bride, you want to feel special on your wedding day and The Graycliff did not disappoint. They did not say no to a single of my requests: I was hot in my big dress- they immediately turned the AC cooler, I wanted the lights brighter, they immediately did that. Talk about feeling like queen for a day, the Graycliff is one of the biggest reasons my husband and I had the most perfect day! Michelle even had food packed for us when we were ready to leave, as well as all our things we brought (cake cutting/serving set, etc.) ready to be loaded on the bus back to the hotel. They accommodated the Russian traditions and had all the things we requested ready so that everything went smoothly. My parents are very old school Russian and they were very impressed that a non-Russian venue was able to accommodate our Russian traditions.

Special note on Ultimate Entertainment: The chandelier in the Forum room was what sold us on that room. My husband and I kept going back and forth on whether to hire Ultimate Entertainment to do the pre-installed uplighting in the room/chandelier. In the end, we did not hire them for any kind of additional lighting in the room and honestly, our room looked beautiful without it. The flowers and napkin colors provided just the right amount of color, and the chandelier alone was plenty to make the room beautiful. I also appreciate that neither Michelle nor anyone at the Graycliff made us feel obligated to go with Ultimate for anything, especially the lighting. (We did meet with them and they were very nice, just wasn’t what we were looking for in terms of photography, & DJ.) If you are on the fence about Ultimate for uplighting, just know The Graycliff’s rooms look beautiful As Is!

We cannot thank everyone enough at The Graycliff for the most perfect wedding we had! The whole day went by too fast and I did not want it to end. If I had to redo it, I would 100000% pick the Graycliff again. I wish we lived closer, so we could have more events there! Big thank you to Michelle, Tony and the entire wonderful staff and cooks at The Graycliff! - Julia & Matt

Sent on 10/31/2018

Yoandra · Married on 02/18/2018

Had my Wedding here. Very responsive and organized staff. We had a great time!

Sent on 03/01/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 11/11/2017

We got married 11.11.17 in the Forum at the Graycliff and it was magical! All our family and friends were amazed with our signature pumpkin drinks, candy station and Viennese show. Our maitre d Wil was excellent! She made sure I didnt worry about a thing and communicated with us throughout the nite. Definetly had no hard times with The Graycliff during the our wedding planning.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Joanna · Married on 10/07/2017

Great venue!! John was our MD and he went above and beyond to make our wedding special. Everything was perfect, food was great, and it was plenty of it, open bar and table service was amazing!!! We received so many compliments about food and desserts!!! Everything was fresh and delicious. The cocktail area was clean and nicely decorated, they have person playing piano during the cocktail hour. Some of the guests arrived early and they enjoyed premium open bar and snacks before the room was set up for cocktail hour!! That's called a great service!!! The reception room was set up the way we wanted. John truly listened to our requests and did everything to our liking. We will do more parties/events there in the future!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Leah · Married on 08/12/2017

We cannot thank Kathy and team enough for an amazing wedding!!! From the first time we looked at the venue to the very end of our wedding, Kathy was so accommodating and great to work with. She did everything we asked for and even through in extras where she could. She was so welcoming to my family every time we came in, answered all of our questions, and alway so helpful. I have to say you might be discouraged by the industrial area The Graycliff is in, but once you walk in you will be pleasantly surprised. We got many compliments on how beautiful the venue was. The Graycliff was also one of the few venues that lets you do a food tasting before booking. This was a nice touch and only confirmed that this is where we wanted to have our wedding! The food was great and the volume of food we had at our wedding was amazing!! Our guests loved the food and the variety we had the cocktail hour. There was room for everyone to get food and sit. The greenhouse was awesome and people even sat on the patio. We were in the Forum room and it was the perfect size for our 125 person wedding. We had Wil as our maitre D and she was very attentive and make sure everything was in place and got done as needed. The Graycliff was amazing and gave us the best wedding we could have asked for!!!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Shebra · Married on 07/07/2017

I don't even know where to begin. I had my wedding on September 1, 2017 and I must say I am in awe!!! I booked with the Graycliff because of its customer service, great food and package. However, I was reluctant and slightly embarrassed by the lack of upgrades. I expressed all of my concerns and the staff did what was necessary to make me feel confident in my decision of having my wedding there. I walked into my reception and was amazed!!!! My entire experience was awesome!!!!! I can't thank Tony, Kathy, Michelle, Ahmed and our Matre D (I can't recall his name) for knocking me off my feet! I highly recommend the Graycliff to every bride!!!! You will not regret it! So many people have called, emailed and texted that my wedding was the best they have ever attended!!! Thank you so much Graycliff staff for making my dream wedding come true!!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Jackie · Married on 04/30/2017

We held our wedding reception at the Graycliff on April 30, 2017. Our friends and family cannot stop raving about this venue; from the cocktail hour, to the food to the impeccable service! John was the best maître d' we could have ever wished for. The staff was so attentive and made sure everything was running smoothly... they also made sure my husband and I had time to eat, and we always had a drink in hand! I could not have imagined a more perfect day. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 05/26/2017
  • Its Mrs. Da Costa to you!

Lorraine · Married on 10/28/2016

I can not say enough good things about the graycliff! if you get married there...make sure you have John as your maitre d!! He was absolutely amazing! he anticipated our every need before we even knew we needed it! when i dropped off my decorations i had a very vague directions of where to put things...and john took control and set everything up and it was amazing!!! we received so many compliments on cocktail hour, the food, the decorations, the drinks EVERYTHING! Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Susan · Married on 06/18/2016

The most amazing Venue!!!!! They made our wedding so memorable. The staff was spectacular, professional, helpful and walked us through everything. Our guests raved about the Cocktail hour and loved the reception party. We loved every minute of our wedding. The food, fire show, viennese table, staff, all were astounding. We wish we could do our wedding all over again. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a wedding venue without breaking the bank. Wonderful place!!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2016

My fiancé (now husband) had only been to the graycliff once before we had our wedding, and that was two months before our wedding. We put all of our trust in the reviews, my mother and Alex from ultimate entertainment djs (whom we used). We live in FL and have totally opposite schedules so we were only able to go up once. Ohhh boy am I glad I didn't sweat anything and that we went with the graycliff! Everything was so perfect, we had the best day and night of our lives. The maitre'd John was amazing he was so incredibly nice and helpful with everything. Because we used a vendor they knew it worked out that everyone was comfortable and knew how everyone worked which was great. Our officiant had never been there but she's perfect and she made herself right at home and got comfortable. When we woke up the next day we looked at each other in disbelief at how amazing everyone was and how perfect it all went down. I do not have enough good words for everyone. Both of our families were telling us and our parents that this was the best wedding they've been to in a very long time. We are more than thrilled that everyone including us had a fabulous time

Sent on 05/24/2016

Ashley · Married on 01/23/2016

If I could give them more then 5 stars I would. Everyone was great before the event. Then blizzard Jonas hit & almost took my wedding with it. Tony was a god send & I wouldn't have made it through the day without John. I want to have every important event at this place that's how much I love them.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Lauren · event on 12/03/2015

Superb staff, venue and food!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Beautiful place and delicious food!

Sent on 10/31/2015
  • Zuly

Zulema · Married on 10/23/2015

We had our reception in the bigger of the two halls, and it was beautiful. We had a big party for our reception, and we actually realized it was going to be bigger than the smaller hall (which we originally booked) would be able to accommodate, and we were able to move to the bigger hall without any trouble. Our maitre'd John was amazing and on top of everything, which made us feel at ease. All of the feedback we got from our friends and family was very positive. I would not hesitate to recommend this place for any event you want to have.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2015

The Graycliff made our wedding dreams come true! From Tony to Cathy to John to Wilma, Catherine, the chef, waiters/waitresses/bartenders THANK YOU! Extremely helpful with whatever we needed - seamless from beginning to end. Thank you for making our day so special! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Aixa · Married on 09/04/2015

The best experience I could ever have. They took the stress off me and did everything. My guest loved the food and desserts. John the was the absolute best.

Sent on 09/08/2015
  • J & S

solmaz · Married on 08/07/2015

I want to thank the GrayCliff for their wonderful and exceptional service at my wedding on 8/7/2015. Everything exceeded my expectations and more!!! The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I couldn't ask for more and couldn't be happier with my wedding reception. My family and friends raved about the venue and how everyone did a wonderful job in making our wedding memorable and enjoyable. I didn't have to worry about one thing! Everything was taken care the right way, the first time! I recommend this venue to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding with no worries!

Sent on 08/08/2015