The Grand Event Center Reviews

28 | Columbus, OH

28 Reviews for The Grand Event Center

Kristopher M. Kipp · Married on 02/16/2019

Exceptional venue and services!

Easy event planning process; Customer-focused; High quality food and beverage; Highly recommend

Sent on 02/27/2019

Tracey · Married on 09/16/2018

The staff of the Grand Event Center was fantastic!!!! Way beyond my expectations. Caroline was always super responsive to my emails leading up to the event. The day of was no different. She orchestrated the day and everything went perfectly. It was so great to have someone else boss my family around so I didn't have to!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Anh Thu · Married on 07/28/2018

Our experience with the Grand Event Center was wonderful and fun times infinity! From the very beginning, we were already so pleased with the planning process. Bryan W. was great with helping us make the final decision for our venue and paperwork was so easy. Caroline W. was the best!!!! She made everything happen and possible for us. She was amazing with communication and answering all of our questions. The FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE. Chef Aaron made us some delicious food and people LOVED it all. The staff members were fun and personable. They worked so hard! This venue was perfection for our wedding day. We are so happy and cannot thank everyone at the Grand Event Center enough. We recommend this venue to all brides and grooms!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Lisa · Married on 07/21/2018

It was absolutely wonderful working with the GEC and the staff there! They made sure all our needs were met (and then some) in a timely manner. Most of our guests were from out of town (mostly out of state), so it was amazing to have everything in one place-the hotel, the parking, reception site, etc. the team was able to coordinate with the restaurant next door to let them know that the wedding revelers would be directed their way once the reception ended so there would be enough staff on hand.

As for price, I’m very happy we went here. So many things were included for the price (food, linens, alcohol) that it greatly simplified my life. While they do have a minimum amount of money that is required to be spent, they were willing to lower it for us due to a mishap with dates on their end. When the GEC realized that they had accidentally double booked, they immediately reached out to us and offered solutions for the hassle of changing our wedding date (it wasn’t a hassle as this was a year and a half in advance, but was still impressed by the professionalism and promptness).

Caroline in particular was wonderful to work with! She answered all of our last minute questions, did a last minute tour of the venue for my mom who hadn’t seen the site until the day before (she lives far away), and was incredibly helpful and kind. She did a beautiful job setting up our centerpieces (did I mention that they set them up and take them down for you?! All you have to do is provide the finished items and a model of how it needs to look.), and took care of all of our needs during the reception.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful this venue is, especially for a couple that really don’t want to get caught up in the details of planning a wedding. Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Dana · Married on 07/14/2018

The Grand Event Center was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! We couldn't have been happier with this choice for our wedding. The venue is beautiful, and the staff is absolutely wonderful. We primarily worked with Caroline to plan our wedding. She was extremely friendly and very helpful in the planning process. She met with us several times before the wedding and was always there to answer questions via email. On the day of the wedding, we didn't have to do a thing as Caroline was there to make sure the day ran smoothly, and it was perfect. We even had great weather and our guest got to enjoy cocktail hour outside in the Courtyard, which was great. Additionally, we received many compliments on how professional and friendly the staff was during the wedding and how great the food was at cocktail hour and during the dinner service. We thought the food was AWESOME! Lastly, it was great to have the convenience of the hotel immediately next door to the venue. We had several out of town guests, and they enjoyed have a hotel that was so close. This was an amazing venue, and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/06/2018

The Grand Event Center was the perfect spot for our wedding reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful and from the day we reached out to the event center until even after the wedding, Caroline and the rest of the staff were extremely quick and friendly when responding to my many emails. Caroline helped us plan the wedding of our dreams, and Kate executed it on the day of. They accommodated my Youngstown cookie table, Italian food requests, and family wanting to help through the set up process. Our guests could not stop talking about how great the service and food was! And my husband and I both appreciated that staff frequently checked in with us to make sure we ate and had a drink if needed. I also appreciated how well the event center worked with our other vendors. Basically, everything was perfect and I would recommend The Grand Event Center to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Alana · Married on 06/30/2018

Hands down 100% happy we chose The Grand Event Center for our special day. We worked with Carolyn and she was simply amazing. She went above and beyond for us and did so many things to ensure our day was perfect. We aren’t the only ones impressed with this venue, all of our guests complimented the venue and especially the food that was served. It was overall a wonderful experience and highly recommended from my husband and I.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Tabitha · Married on 06/23/2018

We were so happy with the Grand Event Center! The whole team is exceptionally professional and helpful, and we were so happy with how everything turned out. The food was delicious! Our guests loved being able to stay at the hotel right next door, and having Hofbrau Haus as an easy after-party location.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

We wanted something that included most everything, The Grand Event Center was exactly what we were looking for! It has a variety of package options, plenty of space, attached to a hotel, and close to another. The food was outstanding as well as service. They provide you with a coordinator. We worked with Caroline W., who helped plan, answered all of our questions, and executed the day without a hitch. We could not be happier with our decision to have our ceremony and reception at The Grand Event Center.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Loretta · Married on 06/09/2018

Best Wedding Venue! Caroline Whitaker and her staff are amazing. Every detail was perfect, Caroline took care of the the room set up, event timing and made sure each of my guests had a memorable fun evening! The Chef and kitchen put out delicious Short Ribs and Sea Bass feast. The Grand Event Center is beautiful backdrop to an amazing party!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/02/2018

We had our wedding at The Grand last month and we are so happy we picked this venue! The service was excellent and the food was also delicious. The venue itself is beautiful; we loved the modern feel and made it easier to keep our decorations/florals simple! Luckily, we had great weather for our wedding and guests were able to enjoy the patio during our cocktail hour and during the wedding. We also received a number of compliments for how convenient it was to have the hotel attached to the venue since most were out of town guests. We worked with Caroline and she was great to work with! She was very responsive, made everything easy to understand, she provided wonderful guidance when asked, and was awesome in ensuring all our logistics ran smoothly. I highly recommend The Grand!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Patrick · Married on 04/28/2018

Caroline made our wedding such a flawless wonderful day! Her preparation and thoughtfulness through the whole process was amazing. I would recommend Caroline and The Grand to any couple! The whole staff was professional and the caterers were attentive and kind, especially the caterer of the head table. Thank you for such a great and memorable event!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Claire · Married on 04/07/2018

Everyone at the Grand Event Center was so accomodating and very organized. Caroline was very professional and made sure my vision came to life! The day turned out better than I could have imagined, and my guests are still raving about the food. If you are looking for a venue equipped with a team you can trust, the Grand Event Center will not disappoint!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Kelsey · Married on 11/04/2017

Kate: Kate was incredible to work with. On top of everything, answered a ridiculous amount of emails and questions, and made sure everything ran perfectly on the day of. She was also an extremely calming and positive presence on what can be a stressful day. She set up a bridal party room where we went immediately after the ceremony, enjoyed being married in private and ate a ton of appetizers. There was also water, beer, soft drinks, and wine. Chef Aaron: OMG THE FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE. My husband and I are vegan/vegetarian so we had an entire vegan menu, all masterfully put together by Chef Aaron. Everyone warned me that you don't get to eat much at your own wedding, I'm so thankful I made it a point to because it was honestly the best vegan meal of my life. (been vegan for 5 years, I've eaten at a lot of vegan restaurants...this was an incredible meal). They set up a private tasting for us. We literally couldn’t choose which dishes we wanted because they were all so amazing. The wedding meal was even better (didn’t think it was possible). SEVERAL people told me they had to actually stop eating, stand up and walk around because they couldn't stop eating the amazing food and ate so much. We also had several meat eaters say they would go vegan if they could have that meal every day. The staff was just as amazing. We had a buffet that never went low, and salads that were served immediately after our MC said “thank you for taking your seats.” There was someone who made sure I always had a drink, which was nice too :) Courtyard Marriott: We had a ton of out of towners and having the Marriott connected made it so easy for our guests. The shuttle took people to the short north and the rooms were gorgeous.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Lynn · Married on 08/05/2017

Spectacular venue for a wedding reception! The space is modern and contemporary, and very spacious. The outdoor patio was especially nice for cocktail hour. The food was outstanding! So many options to choose from and all were outstanding. So many of our guests commented how wonderful the meal was. Thank you chef! The banquet captain and staff were attentive to all our needs. Our event coordinator was our shining star! Kira coordinated all the details for the reception, confirmed all of our service providers, pulled together a last minute desert table. And was able to assist with some unexpected wedding dress sewing needs. The staff at The Grand Event Center are truly a team. They take pride in the providing a superior service. And creating an event that will be memorable for a life time. Thank you

Sent on 08/23/2017

E · Married on 06/30/2017

The Grand is exceptional! Upon visiting the venue, we immediately knew it was the place we wanted to celebrate with 175 of our closest family and friends. It makes a stunning first impression – it is a clean, bright, open and inviting space. Throughout the planning process, Kira was outstanding – her attention to detail, flexibility, expertise and professionalism helped turn our wedding wishes into perfection. The food was incredible, both in taste and in presentation, and the superior service from all of the staff left a lasting impression on our guests. We are so grateful to everyone at The Grand for making our special day even better than we could have imagined!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Bob · Married on 06/18/2017

We held a wedding at "The Grand Event Center" in June. I can't say enough about the great job Kira and her team did. It was just a fantastic experience from the planning to the actual event. The wedding went flawlessly. The place looked beautiful, the staff were responsive and the food for over 240 guests was superb. I heard nothing but compliments from my friends. I would highly recommend Kira and "The Grand Event Center" to anyone that is considering an event.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Lois · Married on 06/17/2017

Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration was beyond what we thought it would be. The gathering area used for the cocktail hour was so well staged and very roomy. Our guest were in AWE the minute they entered. The soft music was a special touch. The food was more than delicious. My guest are still speaking of the taste and the presentation of the meal. All hats off to the chef. The serving staff was fast, attentive, and friendly. Great job. The ballroom was beautifully decorated. Kira Smalley, the Event Planner, knew exactly how to stage the room. EVERYTHING was wonderful! Thanks to the Grand Event Staff for being so wonderful in making our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration an AMAZING GRAND EVENT.
    Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Glover

Sent on 07/06/2017

Shiran · Married on 06/11/2017

Our experience at the GEC was amazing! Every one who works there is organized, professional and ready to help make your event go smoothly. My husband and I were so calm the weekend of our wedding because we knew we were in the best possible hands. We cannot thank the staff enough for helping us create our dream wedding!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2017

The Grand Event Staff were exceptional. They went above and beyond for some of our guest who had allergies we were unaware of, took time to remove a family heirloom to make sure it was safe, and treated us like royalty. I couldn't have asked for a better venue to make the biggest day of my life extra special.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Matt & Amy · Married on 05/20/2017

Kira and the entire GEC staff did a wonderful job for our wedding and with everything leading up to the big day. We didn't have any known hiccups during the celebration, everything was taken care of, and staff was very accommodating. If we were getting married again I would come back, and if we ever plan any large scale events we will look at the Grand Event Center first. Kira went above and beyond, and was a blast to work with!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Amy · Married on 05/20/2017

Kira, Brian and the entire event staff at The Grand Event Center were awesome to work with. They made our once-in-a-lifetime day the BEST. We have guests telling us a month after the wedding how much fun they had, how awesome the place was, and asking if we can do it all again. The food is delicious...for an "event center" you think it could be so/so but it was fantastic...we recommend the chicken saltimboca and short ribs although everything we tested was great. Kira went above and beyond in the 1 on 1 service she provided to us. And not having to worry about the setup of the event space the day of the wedding was such a relief. Not to mention they do cleanup and had everything set aside for us to pick up the next day. We couldn't rave more about the experience we had with The Grand Event Center and would definitely recommend this as a wedding reception site to everyone!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Abby · Married on 02/25/2017

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Grand Event Center! We are so thrilled with how every little detail went on our wedding day and we know that there was so much orchestration that went on to make it all happen! We would do it all over again if we could and we are so appreciative of all of the work that was put into making it all happen. Our day was beyond special and our reception was the most amazing one I've ever been to :)

Sent on 02/15/2017

Amy · Married on 10/22/2016

I would definitely recommend this venue! Our wedding was beautiful. Kira and Kate did a wonderful job keeping us all organized and worked with my family to gather all the decorations after the reception! I was very happy with how smoothly our wedding and reception went!

Sent on 11/03/2016

The Grand Event Center's reply:

Thanks Amy,
    It was so much fun working with you and Kyle! We wish you both many years of love and happiness.

- The Grand Event Center Staff

Jenny · Married on 10/15/2016

The Grand Event Center was such a pleasure to work with! The event coordinators were very accommodating and went above and beyond! Their attitudes were always positive and very helpful! The guests raved about the meals and the kitchen was amazing with special dietary requests. This venue and its staff made a special night even better! I was very pleased and grateful and would definitely recommend having The Grand Event Center be part of your special event!

Sent on 10/27/2016

The Grand Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Jenny for the positive Review! It was such a pleasure working with you both, you had such a beautiful wedding. We wish you many years of love and happiness!!
    - The Grand Event Center Staff