The Gown Shop Reviews

The Gown Shop 4
The Gown Shop 5
The Gown Shop 6
The Gown Shop 7

I had a great experience at the Gown Shop in Ann Arbor. I went in expecting to get a better idea of what I liked and walked out after having bought my wedding dress. Every dress I tried on was gorgeous. The staff was very helpful, providing honest input on the dresses I tried on and selecting styles that they knew I would like based on my Pinterest boards. The only thing that I didn't like was that I was not allowed to take pictures until I decided on buying my dress. Also, I wish that they had an in house seamstress for alterations, even though they provide recommendations for local tailors.

I can't wait to wear my Gown Shop wedding dress on my big day!

Emily · Married on 04/29/2017

I went to the Gown Shop because of a veil they carried that I wanted to try on. I contacted them 3 weeks before my wedding, and they were able to get me an appointment, choose a veil, have it ordered and ready all within about 2 weeks. The brand, Sara Gabriel has a wonderful working relationship with the store and accommodated my request. As an Ann Arbor native, I walked past their beautiful dresses in their window storefront on main street and always wondered about the beauty inside. What a fun experience to go with my Mom into the store and try on veils for my perfect touch. The staff was sweet and professional, and gave me advice on how to steam my veil, store it and secure it to my head. The store itself is a dream. I can only imagine the experience of trying on their beautiful gowns. Thank you for providing my special touch for my day.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Samantha · Married on 02/25/2017

This place was so amazing!! They actually listened to what I wanted and helped me find the perfect dress in my price range! I could not have been happier.

Sent on 03/15/2017
  • Janell

Janell · Married on 02/05/2017

I originally attended one of their sample sales, but I'm a bit of a bean pole and the 8-10 sizes just didn't work. While I was there, I couldn't help but drool over a dress in their Amy Kuschel collection. I looked it up on their website as soon as I got home and knew I had to schedule an appointment to try it on. They book up fast, and I had to schedule an appointment out a little farther than I was hoping. But, they reassured me the designer I was interested in was wonderful on timing, and turns out she really is.
    The appointment itself was perfect. Having the room to yourself really gives you a fairytale bridal feel. If it hasn't hit you already that you're getting married, standing there in that gorgeous space with the sweetest ladies fussing over you smacks you in the face in the best kind of way. Amy Kuschel's Jules was the first I tried on and the one I ordered that day. Heather had me try on a handful of other options, so I wouldn't have buyers remorse wondering if I made a decision too soon. Because of that, I went home happy and confident. Heather was straight-forward, honest, and genuine. We all appreciated her so! The dress arrived on time, and picking up was as smooth as the purchasing process. I went in, tried it on, swooned for a solid ten minutes, and took it home. Simple as that.
    I'm over-the-moon about my experience and truly couldn't recommend The Gown Shop Bridal more!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Kendra · Married on 12/30/2016

I highly recommend The Gown Shop, besides being super cute, the girls that work there are awesome!!! I had no idea what to expect on my first visit, but my friend and I were blown away...we had the entire shop to ourselves, and Heather made me feel very comfortable. I had no idea what kind of dress I wanted, or where to even begin, but Heather just started bringing in dresses, and listening to what I liked and did not like, and would bring in more dresses based on my likes and dislikes. Heather was very attentive and made me feel like I was the most important person in the world. I had another dress in mind (from Pinterest), and she encouraged me to find that dress and try it on, as she was convinced it fit my style and vision..and she was right! Because the dress I fell in love with is by a designer they carry in the Perrysburg store, Heather told me I was able to order the dress from her, which was important to me, because she spent so much time and effort making sure I found my dream gown. Heather was in contact with me through the whole process, and answered every question I had (a lot), and made me feel at east with the whole process. (It's hard trying a dress on once somewhere else, and then ordering it two weeks later, without trying it on again!!!!) When my mom and I went to order my dress, Audrey was awesome! She was also very attentive, and calming and supportive of my dress decision. I will tell everyone I know to go to The Gown Shop to buy their wedding dress. Hands-down...best experience! I can't wait for my dress to come in, and go back to try it on, and accessorize! Thank you Heather and Audrey for making dress shopping so special and fun!!!!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Danika · Married on 11/25/2016

The service at The Gown Shop was absolutely wonderful from the start of the appointment, to picking up my dress. When you go for your appointment, you are the only bride in the whole shop. This really creates an intimate feel and makes you feel like the staff are just focusing on you. When I decided on my dress and placed the order, staff worked were really flexible and modified their pick-up protocol for me. They have everyone sign a contract stating that if the dress isn't picked up within 10 days, it becomes property of the store. I live in Chicago, and can't always go back to Michigan at a moments notice. They were flexible and worked with my schedule when the dress came in, so I didn't need to bend over backwards to get back to Michigan on a time crunch! They also recommended a wonderful seamstress for alterations in Chicago. Overall, they were incredibly helpful throughout the whole process and made a potentially stressful appointment very fun and relaxing!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/29/2016

This was my third Store I visited to shop for a dress. Audrey was so welcoming, professional and GOOD at what she does. She asked me questions about our wedding, my taste, and my fiancé. And she really listened. I was pretty open to styles and looks but she asked the right questions and just by listening was able to figure out what I was looking for. Every single dress she pulled was stunning and I would have been happy to be married in. I cannot say enough good things about this place, Audrey, and my experience generally.

Sent on 03/01/2016

Alex · Married on 10/29/2016

I would recommend The Gown Shop to any bride. I was never the girl who had my wedding planned out since I was young, but I was a someone who day dreamed about my wedding gown and the experience I would have selecting my dress. The Gown Shop exceeded my expectations and then some. Picking out my dress was a moment I will never forget and The Gown Shop is the reason for that.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Audra · Married on 10/22/2016

Stacy is the best of the best. Not only does she know every detail about every dress you try on, she gives her honest opinion while still making you feel like a queen. Never could I have dreamed up a better experience then I had with Stacy at The Gown Shop.

Sent on 05/13/2016

I could not be happier with my experience at The Gown Shop!

Heather was my bridal consultant. She took the time to get to know me and asked many questions about the wedding. She pulled some gorgeous gowns for me to try on and I ended up purchasing the most beautiful wedding gown EVER! I can't wait for my fiancé to see me in this gown...it is perfect!

Heather was an absolute pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend this store!

Sent on 05/13/2016

This was the first and only dress shop I visited. I ended up purchasing the second dress I tried on that day! The experience was perfect for my mother and I, and we were the only two in the whole store that morning which made the experience very laid back and special. I didn't feel the need to look anywhere else because every dress I was able to try on that day felt unique, high quality, and fit my style perfectly!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Jackie · Married on 10/01/2016

I had a great experience at The Gown Shop! We were able to get a Sunday appointment, which was helpful because I came from out of town to shop in Michigan as that is where my mom, stepmom, and MOH live. We had the store to ourselves for the appointment and got personalized attention unlike any other store we had visited previously. The store itself had a cute, boutique feel and only added to the entire experience. Since buying my dress, anytime I have contacted them via phone or email with a question, they have gotten back to me very quickly. I highly recommend making an appointment at The Gown Shop - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/15/2016

The ladies that I worked with were more than helpful! I found my dream Katie May dress at The Gown Shop Ann Arbor. The only frustration I had was the $50 fee that was charged because I needed to reschedule an appointment. This ended up being refunded back toward the purchase price of my dress so it all worked out. They were very helpful and helped me to make sure I made the right decision and felt 100% confident in my dress and were more than happy to cater to my needs and wishes! I wouldn't have gone anywhere else!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Alexis · Married on 09/17/2016

I loved working with Erin Wheeler. She was fun, patient, and had great suggestions and most important, honest!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Brielle · Married on 09/09/2016

I stopped into The Gown Shop with a friend to pickup her wedding gown for her big day. They happened to be holding a trunk show of one of my favorite designers and were able to squeeze me in for a look around. I ended up finding my dream dress and purchasing it on the spot!
    Audrey was an amazing consultant. She was knowledgeable, fun, and professional, without being pushy. She helped make my day even more special than it already was.

Sent on 04/18/2015

Elise · Married on 09/09/2016

This was the first salon I visited when I was looking for my dream gown and honestly no other shop compared. I found my dress, Modern Trousseau's Mina, that first trip and of course the "wonder" of something else topping it was there, so I went on my way and continued to look at different shops and try on dress after dress just to have my mind wander right back to The Gown Shop... After not too long I stopped searching and followed my heart and I am so glad I did! The dresses at TGS are the best of the best that you can find in the Metro Detroit Area, and I still cannot get over how perfect my gown was for me and my special day.

I was lucky enough to work with Heather and Audrey and both of them were SO sweet, helpful, and fun! I had such a great time looking for my gown with them and I am so thankful for the experience they gave my mom and I during one of the most important milestones in my life! I would certainly recommend The Gown Shop to anyone looking for something special for their perfect day!

I also got my hair vine from TGS and I have to say... best. splurge. ever!!! I loved the jewelry, veil, and accessory selection they have there, too!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Katie · Married on 09/03/2016

Lovely boutique shop. They were pleasant and helpful. I tried on a few dresses by the designer I wanted, and decided on one pretty easily. Looking forward to seeing my dress at the fitting.

Sent on 05/25/2016

What a wonderful and professionally ran bridal salon! I love that the store is 100% yours when you make an appointment. It makes the experience feel much more special, personal and relaxed. I also love that you don't have to run in and out of dressing rooms. You change right there behind a curtain and then the curtain is drawn open once changed to show the new dress to your party. Heather helped me find my dress and she was just terrific. Extremely patient, let my grandma pick out a dress for me to try on, offered her opinion when I asked, and made me feel so comfortable with her. All in all - I would recommend the gown shop to everyone! It was the only place I went for my dress and I am glad that this was the 1st and only place I needed to go!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Margo · Married on 08/20/2016

I had the best experience at the Gown Shop in Ann Arbor! I went in on a whim when they were having a sale and am so glad I did because I found a sample dress at a great price! They have a beautiful selection of dresses at a wide range of prices. I worked with two different people and both of them were so friendly and helpful. I really couldn't have asked for a better experience finding my wedding dress!

Sent on 08/03/2015

It was a great experience! Very cozy and quite and most important I found my dress! :)

Sent on 06/23/2015

Ashlee · Married on 08/06/2016

This place was wonderful. It is located on the second floor and the facilities are beautiful. I felt like I was in an episode of say yes to the dress. My consultant listened to what I said I was looking for and I found my dress with the second dress I had tried on. My consultant made sure to ask what I wanted. She and the manager were awesome. I measured to be a size 20 and was worried that would hinder my experience. It did not! It was a perfect experience.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

I just wanted to send a HUGE thank you to The Gown Shop! My consultant Heather, patiently and professionally worked with me. It was just my mom and I for the appointment, and Heather made it so special for us. I am so pleased and excited that not only did I find the perfect dress but I got an amazing veil
    as well!

Thank you again for the perfect experience!

#HAPPYBRIDE #TGSREALBRIDE

Sent on 11/20/2015

Hannah · Married on 07/23/2016

I loved the Gown Shop Ann Arbor! I visited two bridal salons prior to visiting the Gown Shop and everything was just ok. At the other salons, the consultants were friendly, the dresses were fine, but I just couldn't find the style I wanted. I was feeling a little "meh" about the process until I walked into the Gown Shop and I loved *everything.* They had styles that I had only been able to find online; different colors, textures, fabrics, etc. I loved that everything wasn't stark white like I had seen in other shops. I was a little overwhelmed by all of the beautiful options, but my consultant was incredibly helpful and thoughtful. She listened to everything I said and really heard what I wanted from a dress. She was also patient. Not only did she let me try one dress (the one I ended up buying) FOUR different times, but she also let me try on things she knew I probably wouldn't end up with. She never made me feel difficult and always made me feel special. The only critique I would have is that I think they may have overpromised a bit on what alterations could be made—I had an excellent seamstress, but we weren’t able to get the dress exactly as promised at the Gown Shop. I still loved the dress, but just be consider tempering expectations surrounding alterations. Overall, the environment at the Gown Shop AA is wonderful, the consultants are great, the gowns are gorgeous... I would recommend the gown shop to anyone looking for their wedding dress!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Jilli · Married on 07/23/2016

The gown shop was the first place I went to look for a dress and I didn't need to go anywhere else! They had an amazing selection and I have trouble deciding on 2! The employees to above and beyond to help you find that perfect dress and I couldn't be more pleased with my experience at the gown shop.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Cassie · Married on 07/22/2016

My five star rating is for The Gown Shop itself. I would give the designer Tara Keely zero stars though. The Gown Shop is a beautiful place and makes trying on wedding dresses feel like a personalized, classy experience. They schedule 1:1 appointments and you are the only bride in the very spacious room. The only downside is you're only allowed to take pictures of the dress you actually order. I ordered my wedding dress from here last November. The skirt had three tiers and since I'm shorter, TGS suggested that I pay an additional fee to the designer to have them alter the length of the dress before I received it which sounded like a great idea in theory. The thought was that the designer would take time to even the three layers out vs. just chopping one off. However, what happened was the complete opposite. The designer literally just chopped off most of the top layer leaving that one unproportionally short and also all bunchy, not laying correctly. I was so upset when I took it to the seamstress and they told me they would have to spend hours taking it apart and to fix the top layer, they would need more lace. I figured there was no way I could get more lace. But when I talked to The Gown Shop about this, I was so pleasantly surprised. I worked with Audrey and she was so accommodating. She happily agreed to overnight lace from the designer, plus a check for the additional fee I had paid to have it specially altered, plus a portion of the additional alteration fee since my seamstress now had to spend hours rebuilding the dress. Audrey's response to what could have been a complete nightmare situation makes me have the utmost respect for this place. She couldn't control what the designer did to the dress but how she hadn't it couldn't have been more professional. And ultimately, I did end up with my dream dress!

Sent on 07/25/2016