The Gown Shop Reviews

The Gown Shop 5
The Gown Shop 6
The Gown Shop 7

Sabina · Married on 11/11/2017

Cat at the gown shop was able to take my ideas of what I wanted and translate it into my perfect dress. No other gown shop in the area fit my bridal style the way that the gown shop in Ann Arbor could. I had a great experience with the staff and highly recommend making an appointment to try to find your perfect dress.

Sent on 03/25/2017
  • User6664612 · 1+ year ago

I absolutely loved this place. I was able to have a private appointment, with no fuss. The staff really listened to what I wanted and then adjusted their search accordingly. I also love the attentiveness to detail that they put into finding me a dress. The icing on the cake was being able to get my dress discounted by buying it right off the rack. I cut my dress budget in half and I got the dress of my dreams!! 5 stars amazing! I will be recommending this shop to all my friends.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

I had a fantastic experience at each of the appointments I made. Kat and Erin were wonderful and patient with me! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Alexandra · Married on 10/21/2017

I had a great experience at The Gown Shop! The dress buying process was painless!

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2017

Such a great experience! Had almost given up hope on finding the perfect dress after having been to two other shops. Cat was very helpful and listened to my wants and needs in a wedding dress. She picked 4 out and I know she saved the best for last, as it was the one I chose after I shimmied into it. Very pleased with the experience, no hard selling or slandering of other stores (as I dealt with earlier at other stores). They know what they're doing and they do it well. Stress free shopping experience!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Maureen · Married on 09/30/2017

My dress was breathtaking no one had seen a dress quite like mine I went in a dress for a dress that was a straight line I came out with the most gorgeous dress that was a big flowing dress.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Gina · Married on 09/30/2017

Loved my experience at the Gown Shop. Found exactly what I was looking for!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Maggie · Married on 09/29/2017

I absolutely loved shopping at The Gown Shop! Erin was amazing and spent time to ask about dresses I had liked at other shops and why I had not chosen them. She was genuinely interested in finding the best dress for me and she chose each dress purposefully with the intention of beating all my previous 'favorite' dresses. I bought my dress at The Gown Shop as did two of my close friends.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

The Gown Shop is amazing! I loved not only the dress selection but the shop atmosphere. Completely tailored to you from setting your initial appointment to after you've found your perfect dress. Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 02/16/2017

Alison · Married on 09/22/2017

The Gown Shop is WONDERFUL! I visited 5 or 6 other shops before coming here and TGS definitely stood high above the rest. The one-on-one service is so refreshing and makes you feel so much more relaxed. My consultant was Erin and she listened to exactly what I was looking for and knew the perfect dress for me instantly. She was enthusiastic and kind, and my mom and MOH loved her too. Audrey was there to help take my measurements and made me feel so comfortable about going through the process of ordering a custom gown. At another appointment, Kat helped me pick out the perfect jewelry to go with my gown. All in all, my entire experience with TGS and their staff was wonderful. I would recommend it to any bride within reasonable distance. They are a step above the rest!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Sara · Married on 09/03/2017

After trying on over 20 dresses at various boutiques, I finally found my dream gown at The Gown Shop. It was nice having the shop to ourselves, and Kat was patient and professional. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for their special dress!

Brigid · Married on 08/26/2017

Thank you so much for your professionalism, suggestions, and overall pleasant experience. Audrey's suggestion of having my gown custom made was top notch. It is everything I dreamed of. I can't wait to see it!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Brigid · Married on 08/26/2017

After trying on several gowns at several bridal shops, I decided to try my luck at The Gown Shop in Ann Arbor. I was very impressed with the selection, the materials and the customer service. Audrey hit it out of the park! Together, we were able to come up with a custom design that fit my vision. I can't wait to see it! Thank you #TSGrealbride !

Sent on 03/01/2017

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2017

My experience was amazing, so personally I can't come up with anything outside of good feedback! The Gown Shop is beautiful inside! My experience was very personal which I loved!! I was willing to pay some money for a dress and I got everything I had ever dreamed of in a dress their! I would recommend The Gown Shop to every bride unless you're willing to share your personal experience with 30 other brides and workers standing around like at other bridal stores. TGS is nothing like that! It's beautiful, quiet, and unique!

Esther · Married on 08/19/2017

The Gown Shop made it so comfortable to find a dress. I went in without trying anything on prior to my appointment and Kat helped me to try on many styles to ensure the dress I loved was the one! Thank you for making the dress shopping so easy and fun! She knew what she was doing and made my bridal party feel welcome. I can not wait to wear my beautiful dress!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/14/2017

I loved my experience and I was so excited to be able to say "yes to the dress". They made the appointment very special and private. I was able to see the gown and form my own opinion before my family and friends were able to see and express their opinions which was nice.

Sent on 02/18/2017

Alyssa · Married on 08/12/2017

Oh my gosh, my experience felt like a movie! Kat was phenomenal! She listened to me and watched my reactions... then still listened to my mom and sisters ideas. We hadn't even noticed my wedding dress but Kat knew it was the one for me.... THEN she helped me for an extra 30 minutes customizing it! The whole experience was just amazing. The girls were so sweet and the atmosphere is calming. I would recommend these girls and this shop to ANYONE as I found my PERFECT dress and felt like an absolute princess :)

Sent on 08/31/2016

Kate · Married on 08/04/2017

I am beyond pleased with my experience! I came in having a pretty good idea of what I wanted in a dress and Audrey was so on it. I loved all of the dresses she picked for me, but there was one that was the most special. I couldn't believe I found my perfect dress! It was absolutely love at first sight and the first dress she had me try on. I so appreciated Audrey listening to my concerns and questions and offering lots of options for me. There wasn't a minute during our appointment where I felt like Audrey and I weren't totally in step and she knew just what I wanted. I had such a fun time and I'm just disappointed I have to wait for the actual wedding to wear my dress!

Sent on 12/28/2015
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 07/08/2017

I had the most wonderful experience looking at dresses at The Gown Shop. Everyone, not just the consultant working with us, but all the staff where dedicated to making sure that my needs were met when looking at dresses. And when none of the dresses they were bringing were piquing my interest, they brought me back to the selection they had and allowed me to choose. I ended up purchasing my dress from them that same day (and definitely did not think I would find it this soon!), and I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to go and visit them!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Hannah · Married on 07/08/2017

This was a last minute trip planned the night before at 5 pm! I sent in the appointment request and was called immediately with their availability and more questions about what I like and don't like than any of the other five places I've been too, which was amazing because they pulled my exact style off the shelf before I even got there. By far the best bridal experience I could have ever asked for!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Jenna · Married on 07/01/2017

I LOVED the Gown Shop, was the first and only place I looked for my dress!!! Thank you for all the help!!! I would recommend to anyone & everyone!!!!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Anna · Married on 06/24/2017

What a wonderful wedding dress experience this was! I am not a girl who ever dreamed of the day I would buy my dress, but they still made me feel every bit like a princess. They clear the entire large room out except for you and your party, and make you the center of it all. They are very supportive and really make it a wonderfully memorable experience. Oh and the dress selection is absolutely beautiful. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot say enough great things about The Gown Shop. I was lucky enough to have Erin as my consultant, and I will be forever grateful for the kindness, patience, and attentiveness she showed me while I tried on dresses. Not only did I find my dream dress, but she worked with me to customize it to my exact wants and needs. All in all, it was such an amazing experience!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Annie · Married on 05/21/2017

I have always been the type of person that doesn't particularly want anyone to help me when I'm shopping in a store - I just like to browse and try things on at my own pace. So needless to say, I was somewhat dreading the idea of a formal wedding dress try-on experience. I had also searched online for a specific wedding skirt that I wanted and knew that The Gown Shop had it, so I planned to just try that one thing on. However, once I got there, I had such an amazing experience from beginning to end: Kat was my stylist, and in addition to the skirt I originally had my eye on, she picked out a beautiful variety of dresses and skirts that I absolutely loved. Some of them were things I wouldn't have picked out myself, but since Kat had such a good eye for what would flatter my body, they all made me feel amazing when I tried them on. She was super efficient and offered great advice and suggestions about my various options, the best way to style them, what would work best for the hot/humid location I was getting married in, etc. I ended up choosing the skirt that I originally wanted, but it was a tougher decision than I expected with all the beautiful alternatives that Kat showed me, and I was surprised that I had such a good time trying so many different dresses on! Audrey was also wonderful to work with -- She helped advise me on the sizing and length for the skirt, and was always super nice even when I called and emailed multiple times about the length because I was paranoid that it wouldn't be long enough (I'm very tall, but it ended up being plenty long). I also used an alteration studio that The Gown Shop recommended for tailoring my skirt, and they did an incredible job as well. I absolutely adore my skirt (which I paired with an ivory lace top), and I received so many compliments on my wedding day. Thank you Audrey, Kat, and the rest of The Gown Shop team for making my wedding dress shopping/try-on experience so easy and enjoyable!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Emma · Married on 05/20/2017

Great experience! Had questions before arriving at the shop, and responses were helpful and timely. The physical shop is a beautiful space with friendly faces! The focus and uber privacy was unexpected yet SO appreciated! We arrived 20 minutes early, but weren't allowed in until my appointment time, so went to grab a coffee and came back. When we got in, we had our own private room and private sales associate. My gal Heather made me feel comfortable, appreciated, and excited throughout the entire process, and my mom appreciated how up front she was with costs, time, payment options, etc. Bought my dream dress and couldn't be happier! (I will say that the aforementioned focus and privacy is something they take seriously...on our way out we wanted to browse (just for fun, cuz what girls don't love to look at wedding gowns!), but we were politely asked to leave as the next appointment was already waiting. Was no problem for us though, because it was SOOOO nice to not have random people walking around as I was trying to make one of the most important attire decisions of my life!) Highly recommend TGS! You won't be disappointed! :)

Sent on 12/21/2015