The Goodfolk Film Co. Reviews

24 | Walnut Creek, CA

24 Reviews for The Goodfolk Film Co.

The Goodfolk Film Co. 1
The Goodfolk Film Co. 2
The Goodfolk Film Co. 3
The Goodfolk Film Co. 4
The Goodfolk Film Co. 5
The Goodfolk Film Co. 6
The Goodfolk Film Co. 7

Iva P. · Married on 08/31/2019

The best choice we made for our wedding.

My husband and I both agree: choosing Mauricio as our videographer is the best choice we made for our wedding, other than each other. His work is INCREDIBLE! And on top of that, he is vibrant, funny, full of good advice and ideas, and easy going. He is just such an expert at his craft, and we are so thankful that we chose him.

We highly recommend him to anyone looking for an incredible videographer!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Erika

Erika Burg · Married on 06/22/2019

A true Artist

Mauricio of Goodfolk film is a true artist and master of his craft. Our wedding video captures us perfectly (colorful, loud, boho, quirky). He has an innate skill for capturing a couples soul and whatever vibe or style you were going for for your wedding will shine through in film. Capturing these memories was BEYOND worth it. In addition to the gorgeous final product, working with him throughout was a dream. He fit right in with our friends but also was never intrusive and we hardly noticed him shooting which is unreal when we see our video. We are so grateful and even people who said video was an unnecessary extra expense are true believers now and huge fans of Goodfolk. We have gotten so many comments on our wedding video and we are so happy to get to re-watch it as the years go by. Even though I am married now I will continue to watch Mauricio's other videos because they are that good (and I love a good cry).

Sent on 08/21/2019

The Goodfolk Film Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Erika! You guys are the best, and I'm glad we converted some people into true believers :)
  • Daisy

Daisy Avila · Married on 06/01/2019

Blown away

Mauricio is truly a master of his art. He was very personable making our communication easy and comfortable. He worked well with our photographer and was very well prepared the day of. We had zero doubts about what he was capturing and recently received our videos. We were absolutely blown away!!!! The beauty of the video and all the love that was captured was/is so perfect!!!!! I love that I get to look back on our special day through the eyes of someone that truly knows how to capture the absolute best of a couples greatest adventure. You will NOT regret booking The Goodfolk Film Co.!!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 05/25/2019

We were originally aiming to have this company photograph our entire wedding, but becuse our venue & date plans changed, we agreed on shooting one big, multi-location Engagement Session.
    And, BOY, we were not let down in any capacity on that Shoot! XD
    The plethora of experience Mauricio had was evident the moment we started--he knew all the right angles & all the ideal poses, but guided us through in a way that never made us feel forced or ingenuine. In fact, he even inspired us to go out of our comfort zone more than once, with very dazzling results! Additionally, he was very easygoing to talk to in between shots, which made the whole process that much more enjoyable! :D
    We received our finished pictures via Dropbox soon after, and we had an extremely hard time deciding which ones we loved most; not surprisingly, all the friends and family we showed felt the same way! An over-arching quality in his craftsmanship that left us extremely impressed was that although both locations were packed with tourists and passers-by, he made us look like we were completely alone in EVERY shot. It blew us away, and everyone we showed scratched their heads a little in bewilderment in wondering how we cleared everyone out of the Palace of Fine Arts on a Saturday afternoon! XD
    For an easygoing, affordable experience that yields polished & idyllic moments to cherish forever, we highly recommend that you consider the Goodfolk Film Co. before anyone else!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 8
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 9
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 10
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 11
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 12
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 13

Jenna · Married on 12/01/2018

My fiancé and I have been huge fans of The Goodfolk Film Co. since even before we got engaged so when the time came for our own engagement photo shoot there was no question who we wanted to book with! Mauricio understood what we wanted from the very first conversation and he made the entire process fun and easy. My fiancé and I were both worried we’d tense up in front of the camera but Mauricio made us both feel comfortable and relaxed. He has creative ideas and input that ensure your photos won’t look like everyone else’s. As a result, we have the most beautiful photos that truly capture our love and joy. Thank you to Mauricio and The Goodfolk Film Co. for working their magic!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Alexis · Married on 11/10/2018

I can not say enough great things about working with Mauricio! My fiance and I we're both nervous about shooting our engagement photos and Mauricio was so easy going and fun to work with. We had a beautiful winter shoot in the freezing cold up at North Lake Tahoe and Mauricio was a true professional. 10 stars!!

Sent on 01/23/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie Ajoux · Married on 09/23/2018

Incredible experience and a magical end product

It's hard to capture the feelings you have as a bride-to-be. There is a vast amount of choices and work that goes into a wedding and one of the key lessons I have learned is that a wedding's quality is highly impacted by the team of vendors you have chosen to ensure your day goes perfectly. The Goodfolk Film Co. were ideal partners at my wedding to my now husband, Philippe. From start to finish, Mauricio was attentive, quick to answer emails and calls, and was incredibly down-to-earth in the pre-wedding planning process. He's good folk, you know?

While the pre-planning process went smoothly, I have to say I don't know where I can even start describing the end products. Mauricio was incredible the day-of, but the videos he created? It feels like he shot my day as if it were a movie. After I watched the teaser trailer to our wedding (a 7 minute cut of the whole day) - I literally said "Geez. I'd want to watch that movie." As a bride who spent probably 100 hours planning the wedding, that's the exact type of response I'd want to make after watching my wedding video. And that's what you're looking for right? You want to capture the magic from your day and feel it for the rest of your life. You want to view your wedding and say, "yeah, I want to live that life with that special person for the rest of my days." Mauricio is a videographer, but really, he's someone who helps you relive one of the best days of your life. And that is priceless.

In terms of cost, we ended up going with a photographer and videographer package which I personally don't think Mauricio charged enough for. Mauricio has photographers that travel the country and are award-winning professionals to capture your day. Their professionalism was remarked upon by multiple guests from the day. And in the package you get drone footage of the event area, you get unparalleled service, you get a funny photographer and videographer the day of, and you get some really high-quality video and photography artifacts afterward.

I think this was the smartest vendor choice I made for my wedding. His work was emotional, authentic, and elegant. I highly recommend his work to anyone who is looking to immortalize their day. Feel free to consider me a resource if you want more information.

Sent on 12/19/2018
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 14
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 15
  • Ori

Ori · Married on 09/22/2018

Creative, dependable, excellent, A+++++ videographer

Hiring The Goodfolk Film Co was easily one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Mauricio filmed both our rehearsal dinner and wedding, and I would hire him again in a heartbeat. Mauricio was very responsive, professional, utterly reliable, and fun to work with. He was very down-to-earth and responsive to suggestions or changes that I wanted made. I particularly appreciated that he set reasonable expectations for what was possible with the package I had chosen, which helped me to narrow down my requests for the day. His work was excellent, and my husband and I will cherish his videography for years to come.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Lisa · Married on 09/07/2018

Since the beginning of my communication with Mauricio, he has been extremely punctual at responding, very flexible with working with my schedule, and worked with me to find the right package that will work for our over all vision and budget. We just took our engagement photos recently, and they are amazing. More importantly, we had so much fun doing them as well. I mentioned to Mauricio that my fiancé and I are super awkward with picture taking, but he was able to capture some purely candid, beautiful photos. I cannot wait to continue to work with him and his team for our wedding! I know it will be nothing short of amazing!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Glenn · Married on 09/02/2018

I can't say enough wonderful things about The Goodfolk Film. Mauricio is incredibly talented and awesome to be around. Mauricio has such a great energy, made us feel so comfortable and produced a true work of art for our video. He worked with our budget, understood our vision and gave us something that will last a lifetime. My wife and I were on the fence about getting a videographer and we're SO glad we decided to invest in the video. We cannot stop talking about our video to all of our friends and family. Mauricio, thank you again for doing such an amazing job!!!

Sent on 10/05/2018
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 16
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 17

Thank you so much Glenn! You guys are beautiful

Sireesha · Married on 08/12/2018

I'm so glad we had Mauricio as our videographer! My husband and I clicked with Mauricio from our initial conversation and we knew we had to book him right away. I love that he sent us a little questionnaire a month before the wedding to be able to capture our personalities and relationship properly in the his film. Speaking of the film...my goodness the highlight film is amazing! Mauricio went above and beyond any expectations we had for it. I highly recommend Mauricio and his team for your wedding video needs!

Sent on 09/09/2018

The Goodfolk Film Co.'s reply:

You guys rock and your wedding was amazing

Kelsey.Arthur · Married on 07/07/2018

Artistic, beautiful video with impeccable customer service

Mauricio was a pleasure to work with! We had not originally planned to hire a videographer, but we're so glad we did. Mauricio beautifully captured all of the important moments, yet remained inconspicuous (guests later commented that they hadn't noticed we had a videographer). He was also surprisingly affordable and provided impeccable customer service. We can't recommend Goodfolk enough!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Kasalynn · Married on 06/24/2018

I can't speak enough about Mauricio and his team! It was like they weren't even there but captured every heartfelt moment! Referred by a friend of mine who spoke highly about their experience with Mauricio talents for their wedding. Mauricio and Kevin, you are truly a BLESSING in more ways than one to us, the couples you've worked with and all of the future lovers you'll meet! We will forever cherish our wedding full video/highlights! My husband and I are beyond thrilled and thankful that we chose The Goodfolk Film Co. From the start Mauricio was so easy to work with. Mauricio is very passionate about his work, fits your schedule, responsive to emails, patience with his clients, and walks you through the entire process with no unexpected surprises.
    On the day of our wedding, Mauricio and Kevin showed up early, which was SOOOO MUCH appreciative, so they could ensure they were able to capture every little minute detail. They always had a smile on their faces and were so easy to work with.
    The result was amazing. I'm sure Mauricio and his team spent countless hours editing footage, giving us a beautiful highlight film and full day video that my family and I have probably watched 30 times already. I couldn't be happier with the footage!! Mauricio and his team were the absolute best. I would recommend them to anyone and I would know they are in be best hands. Thank you again!!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Kianna Nightingale · Married on 06/23/2018

Best decision ever!

Booking Mauricio as our videographer was a last minute decision and the BEST decision. Having a video was on the “nice to have” list of items for the big day, but several weeks before the wedding it became a “need to have” item. Luckily, Mauricio still had our date available. He was extremely responsive to all of our questions while we finalized our package. The whole wedding day he had the perfect balance of giving direction and capturing moments without intruding. He also worked great with my photographers! Our priest even commented on how he did a great job of not being a distraction during the ceremony. After the wedding he was super communicative about the timing of getting our video and was so helpful while we went back and forth on our music choices. I immediately cried when he sent over our finished video…he captured everything that day so perfectly! My only regret is not having him stay until the very end of the reception to capture even more of the dance party. Thank you for everything, Mauricio!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Neda · Married on 06/02/2018

It was a wonderful experience having Mauricio do are wedding video!! During the wedding day, they worked so well with the photographers, and everything went so smoothly. I didn't have to worry about anything, and I couldn't be happier with the final product. I have not worked with any vendor who responded as fast as he did to my emails. I would very much recommend them!!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Jenny · Married on 04/07/2018

I'm so happy I found The Goodfolk Film Co.! They completely surpassed my expectations and gave me the most beautiful memories for my wedding. My friends who saw the highlight film all commented how amazing it was and that it was like a professional Hollywood film. I loved how romantic it was and shocked at how much they were able to squeeze into a 4.5min long video. I hadn't initially planned on getting a videographer until one of my bridesmaids casually mentioned she was happy she did since video is where you can really capture the feeling of the wedding day since everything goes by so fast. It's definitely true! If you're just considering getting a videographer, stop thinking and just book one! Well, not any one but TheGoodFolk Film Co! From the first contact with Mauricio he was very professional and answered all our questions well and we could tell he definitely knew what he was doing. On the day of they had two videographers and were such a treat to be super easy to work with. They made us comfortable and had a lot of fun ideas for us to do. Highly, highly recommend them!! :)

Sent on 06/25/2018

Thanks so much Jenny! Congrats again to you and Hei

kim · Married on 02/17/2018

We hired Mauricio about a week before our wedding to film it, and he was simply amazing and we love the finished product. He did a great job the day of our wedding and worked very well with our photographer. We didn't even notice that he was filming the majority of the time actually. We love our highlight reel and everyone that we've shown it to has made remarks about how beautifully it turned out, and we couldn't agree more. Wedding videos normally make me a cringe a little (which is why I was a bit hesitant about filming it), but our highlight reel really strikes a great balance (between all the mushy and gushiness of weddings + how fun they are) because Mauricio did such a great job editing it. So glad we hired Mauricio and The Goodfolk Film Co.!!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Philippe · Married on 12/13/2017

The Goodfolk Film Co. did an outstanding job covering our proposal! I wanted to capture the magical moment when I asked Jackie, my now fiancé, to marry me, and we couldn't be happier with the results from Mauricio. We were both blown away with the resulting video. Part of the proposal was a Virtual Reality experience I made for my fiancé, and Mauricio had the brilliant idea of editing in footage of the actual VR game. Mauricio is a true professional, a master of his craft, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 12/18/2017
    The Goodfolk Film Co. 18

Celina · Married on 12/09/2017

If I could rate Goodfolk Film more than 5 stars I would. I have no words to express my opinion of them. Not only is the customer service beyond exceptional, their quality of work is the best I have ever seen in my entire life. They are very professional, friendly, responsive. They know how to capture the true moment of absolutely anything and are extremely talented. My guest who attended the wedding loved them and especially when we saw the highlight film, everyone was in tears. They could feel the emotion even the ones who missed the wedding due to travel reasons. If you are looking for a Videographer, I would hands down recommend Goodfolk film without a doubt, you won't regret it. We made the best decision hiring them, and now we have memories that are priceless and will live on forever to share with our future children and grandchildren one day.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Sam · Married on 10/28/2017

Hiring Mauricio was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding. He was great to work with, kind, and very professional. He truly captured the spirit of our day and made everything look SO beautiful. The highlight film he put together absolutely blew us away and exceeded our expectations. You have to watch his work to truly understand how outstanding and top notch it is. Look no further because Mauricio is absolutely the best videographer in the Bay Area. You will not be disappointed and you will be able to remember the magic of your wedding day forever with his gorgeous film!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Laura · Married on 10/28/2017

Mauricio was super responsive, easy to work with, and professional. He got our style, what we wanted, and was as inconspicuous as we asked him to be. And the edited highlight video is great - it's the right mix of nostalgic, romantic and fun, and totally captured our evening.

Sent on 01/06/2018

NIcole · Married on 07/22/2017

Working with The Goodfolk Film Co., and Mauricio in particular, could not have been a better experience! He was responsive, professional, and has impeccable artistic vision. The highlight reel and full length film from our wedding are outstanding! The creative vision was evidenced in the suggestions and direction on our big day as well as in the quality of the final product. The videos are amazing. They were thoughtfully tailored to our style. I would absolutely recommend Goodfolk for any occasion that requires filming!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Beatriz · Married on 09/29/2016

Quality work! Highly recommend this company for any video needs. Fair price, and speedy production.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Keith · Married on 09/29/2016

We saw some previous work by Mauricio from The GoodFolk film Co. and knew right away that this was the right choice for us. From first contact to the final draft of our video, the service was impeccabile. Our expectations were met and exceded every step of the way. Would highly recommend the services of The GoodFolk film Co.

Sent on 10/11/2017