The Goei Center Reviews

The Goei Center 5
The Goei Center 6
The Goei Center 7

Mekyla · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I chose the Goei Center for our Ceremony AND Reception- we fell in love the moment we walked in the doors. We had a large wedding (293 guests) and this venue is so spacious! The Goei Center is SO unique and romantic and beautiful. We really wanted to get married somewhere that not only fit our vision but had character and charm and the Goei Center has all of that and more! The place has history with its vintage original hardwood floors and light brick walls but is modern all at the same time.
    The Goei Center's prices are slightly higher than other places we looked at, but was so worth it! They also had many services that were included in the price that aided in our decision to go with them such as day of wedding coordinator! Our wedding coordinator was Lindsay and we simply cannot say enough about her. She made us feel comfortable and confident throughout our time planning for the wedding. She was always quick to respond to our questions, gave helpful advice, and even offered up helpful pep talks when I was feeling the wedding stress. Lindsay was considerate, professional, and at the same time felt like a trusted friend. She helped us stay organized and we loved working with her.
    All of our chairs and tables were included in our venue fee which was very helpful. They also handled all of our set up before the wedding for the ceremony and reception, and then took it all down and cleaned up afterward! I can not say how helpful and stress reducing this was for us! It was nice to not have to rely on family or others to help us set up and at the end of the night, we packed up our gifts and belongings and the Goei Center handled all the clean up and take down! It was so appreciated.

Sent on 10/11/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words, Mekyla :) It was truly an honor meeting and working with you and Tayo. I wish you many blessings in your future together!

The Goei Center was SO beautiful. I fell in love with the venue as soon as I walked in. Lindsay the wedding coordinator was WONDERFUL. I emailed her whenever I had a simple question and she would respond in a timely manner. I had so many compliments about the venue. I would highly recommend the Goei Center to any couple.

Sent on 10/16/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words! I am thrilled you enjoyed your special day... and experience with us :) I wish you a lifetime of happiness as husband and wife!

Amy · Married on 09/05/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at The Goei Center on 09.05.15. It was a dream. Lindsay, the wedding coordinator is so good at what she does. We reached out to The Goei Center more than a year in advanced. With that being said, there was tons of e-mail communication back and forth. Lindsay was not only prompt, but always friendly and professional. She really worked with us in bringing our vision to life. Any kinds words for her would never do enough justice.
    Fast forward to the day of the wedding, Lindsay was so supportive and helpful. I remember her starting to cry before I walked down the aisle and it just made me realize that not only was she our wedding coordinator, she was our friend. I consider myself to be super detailed oriented and with Lindsay, I met my match. All in all, we couldn't be happier with our wedding at Goei.

Sent on 09/21/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

I am so grateful for your kind words, Amy. It was an absolute honor meeting and working with you :) Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day! I wish you and Tho many blessings in your future as husband and wife!

Not only is the Goei Center a beautiful venue for reception but their staff are incredible. Their event coordinator, Lindsay Lieffers was extremely accommodating and helpful throughout thr whole planning process. Whether it was skyping with me since I lived out of state or helping with difficult vendors, I knew I could always count on her for a quick response. The staff was also very helpful the day of the wedding as well. They had multiole prople at the event that did a lot of behind the scenes work so I could just enjoy my day. While there were a few things I wish I did differently for my wedding, using the Goei Center was not one of them. I would highly recommend using this venue for any event!

Sent on 10/06/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Tess! I am so happy your special day was all that you had hoped for :) It was an honor working with you. I wish you and Daniel all the best in your future together as husband and wife!

Brandy · Married on 08/15/2015

The coordinator, Lindsey, was amazing! So sweet and such a big help. She made everything go seamless. She was also very reponsive to emails and questions. I would recommend her and the Goei center to everyone. The space was absolutely gorgeous and once it all came together on our wedding day, we were blown away! Everything looked more gorgeous and romantic than I could've imagined. We are so excited to get our pictures and video! They really made everything super easy for us! Thanks Lindsey!

Sent on 09/05/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brandy! You and Josh were so enjoyable to work with. It was such an honor getting to know you both and be a part of your special day! I wish you both the very best in your future together :)

Christina · Married on 08/01/2015

I loved working with Lindsay and the entire staff including eastern floral at the Goei Center. The venue I'd beautiful and the people are great! I loved my whole experience with them!

Sent on 08/15/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kinds words, Christina! It was such a pleasure working/planning with you as well :) It was absolutely stunning in here for your special day. I wish you and Michael the very best in your future together!

Alexiana · Married on 07/17/2015

We had a beautiful time at our wedding and the people at the Goei center were incredibly helpful with my constant stupid questions and making sure my bridezilla didn't come out.

Sent on 07/26/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Alexiana, you were a pleasure to work with! Thank you so very much for your kind words-- I wish you and James all the very best as Husband and Wife :)

Meg · Married on 07/10/2015

The Goei center is an incredible find. Not only is the building itself gorgeous, but it comes with a creative and experienced staff, and the most exquisite florist (Eastern Floral) in town. Accessible and friendly to people of all ages, I felt that every detail was taken care of, and I as a bride was allowed to relax and enjoy my day. A fantastic venue for any occasion.

Sent on 12/29/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Meg! You were such a fun bride to work with :) Many years of happiness to you!

Danielle · Married on 06/20/2015

The Goei center was an amazing venue! Our reception went off without any issues because of our excellent wedding coordinator and the Goei Center team and the flowers by Eastern floral were perfect! All of our guests cannot stop talking about how beautiful everything was.

Sent on 07/09/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Danielle! It was such an honor being a part of your special day :) I am so happy you enjoyed your experience with us here!

Katie · Married on 06/13/2015

Lindsay was wonderful to work with. She was friendly, professional, and responded quickly to all of our questions and requests. On the day of our wedding, she was there to make sure we had everything we needed, and the rest of the Goei staff was so accommodating throughout the night. We had a great experience and our guests loved the space!

Sent on 06/22/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

I am so grateful for your kind words, Katie--Thank you! It was truly an honor to be there with you on your special day. You were a stunning Bride and Groom :)

Beautiful location. The event coordinator Lindsey is very helpful.

Sent on 01/17/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! :) I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience here at the Goei!

Jess · Married on 05/23/2015

Lindsay was an absolute pleasure to work with. She made our experience at the goei center amazing.

Sent on 06/01/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Jess! It truly was an honor working with you and Ben--I am so thrilled your experience with us was amazing!

Sheryl · Married on 05/09/2015

The facility is amazing and the staff is very helpful and willing to make a few last minute changes. The staff worked very hard to make my daughter's wedding reception a great success.

Sent on 05/11/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Sheryl! It was an honor working with you and Kristen for her special day!!

Jill · Married on 03/20/2015

We used Goei Center for my daughter's reception. Since it is difficult to get beautiful outdoor photos in Michigan in March, it was great to have the exposed brick, plants, flowers, and great decor to use for their wedding party photos. Numerous guests commented on the beautiful and spacious venue as well. We would recommend this venue for weddings or corporate events.

Sent on 03/27/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you, Jill! It was an honor to be a part of Lyndsay's special day here at the Goei :) I am so happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves and your experience!

Kathy · Married on 03/14/2015

Goei Center was a marvelous venue! It provided the perfect site for our daughter's wedding reception. Lindsey and her staff were always professional and so welcoming. Lindsey provided excellent advise as well as encouraging our own creative ideas. The facility is stunning and the interactions with all associated with it were outstanding. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/24/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you, Kathy! It was an absolute honor to help plan for Molly's special day :) I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at the Goei!

Molly · Married on 03/14/2015

When we walked in to Goei shortly after being engaged we immediately knew it was perfect for us. It offered a space that has historical significance for Grand Rapids and is also quite beautiful. There was a separate area for us to have a significant cocktail hour before moving into the dining/dancing area. Lindsay was a pleasure to work with, she accommodated all of our requests and worked closely with Eastern Floral to make sure the night went off without a hitch. Throughout the planning process Lindsay kept in touch and for a bride planning a wedding while living in another state it was great that Lindsay was quick with email responses. My mom did much of the planning and she stopped by Goei quite a few times and was always met with a smile by Lindsay and quick answers to her questions. The rest of the staff from security to Goei event coordinators there during the night were incredible professionals and kept things on track. I would highly recommend Goei to anyone looking for an event space and would highly recommend Lindsay! My husband and I walked into the cocktail hour at Goei and said to each other - this is perfect, it was exactly how we had hoped it would be and we had the best night of our lives. Thanks Lindsay!

Sent on 04/08/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Wow. Molly, thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind words! It was truly such an honor to have met you and your family and worked with you to help create lifelong memories. I am thrilled it was all you imagined it would be! Thank you for choosing the Goei and for allowing me to be a part of your special day :)

Ashley · Married on 03/06/2015

Event space was large and unique. The most compliments that I got on my wedding was the event space l chose. It allowed for ceremony to flow into a cocktail space which flowed into a large reception area. The best part, no public disruptions. Goei was perfect.

Sent on 04/08/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! I appreciated getting to know you and planning with you :) I wish you and Matt the very best in your future as husband and wife!

The Goei is a gorgeous venue and we truly enjoyed our reception. Lindsay (wedding coordinator) helped us every step of the way, and we are so appreciative of her patience and adaptability with our ever-changing guest count! Thank you so much, Lindsay and the Goei staff for helping create such amazing memories for us. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 03/24/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words--they are greatly appreciated! :) I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience here at the Goei!

Laurie · Married on 12/31/2014

My daughter's wedding was on New Year's Eve 2014. We wanted a venue where the wedding ceremony and the reception could be at one place just in case a Michigan Winter Storm hit. We looked at several venues, but kept comparing everything to The Goei Center. So, we booked it and we are so glad we did! The old factory atmosphere mixed with elegant chandeliers and glittering table decor made for a stunning New Years Eve party atmosphere. The wedding coordinator, Lindsay was a dream to work with, walking us through every step of the planning . We would highly recommend The Goei Center for any event or wedding. You will be glad you did!

Sent on 03/27/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Laurie! :) What an honor it was helping plan for Kylee's special day here at the Goei! So very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience!!

I would HIGHLY recommend the Goei Center! I worked closely with Lindsay, and she was so awesome. The planning process was a breeze, they were so accommodating and the day went off without a hitch! I couldn't ask for anything more from my wedding venue!

Sent on 09/27/2015

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so very much! I am thrilled your special day was all you hoped it would be. Many years of happiness to you, as husband and wife!!

Sarah · Married on 02/23/2013

The Goei Center was a wonderful venue to work with. The building and decor is absolutely beautiful! I received so many compliments about how beautiful everything looked from my guests. Kylie the wedding planner/event coordinator was amazing to work with. She met with me several times and was very helpful. She really made sure I was comfortable with everything before the day of the wedding. The rest of the staff was also great! They helped make sure everything was in place and flowed well the day of the wedding.

Sent on 03/18/2013

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to hear your special day was all you had hoped for :)

Amy · Married on 01/19/2013

Beautiful venue for any event. Perfect for a wedding. Two areas for guests to enjoy themselves in. Wedding corrdinator did an excellent job. Absolutely worth the price. Would highly suggest this venue!

Sent on 03/19/2013

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Many years of happiness to you :)

My husband and I couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding reception! We looked at multiple reception venues and this was the most beautiful and spacious. We had about 200 guests and there was plenty of room to move around without feeling clustered. One of the biggest perks about choosing the Goei Center is being able to work with Kylie. She was very professional, responsive, and was more than willing to help make our special day perfect. Another thing that we liked about this venue is its natural beauty. The wood floors, brick walls, and flower arrangements (that are already a part of the area) make this place truly unique.

Sent on 10/21/2012
  • User2651905 · 2+ years ago

Kylie was wonderful. The Goei Center is amazing. Having the ceremony and reception all in one place was perfect. We received tons of compliments on our ceremony/reception site.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Alyson · Married on 06/16/2012

This is such a georgus wedding venue! It worked really well for us because we were able to hold the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one space. Kylie was wonderful to work with and was alway quick to respond to my emails and questions. I was an out of state bride and had no trouble planning here from far away. One recommendation to other brides; their floor is very dirty as it is a functioning flower business. I didn't know this and right before the ceremony I looked down to find the train of my dress trashed!!! We were able to pin the dress so it didn't show but had I know I would have been more careful with the train! Other than that, a fantastic experience!!

Sent on 06/23/2012