The Goei Center Reviews

95 | Grand Rapids, MI

95 Reviews for The Goei Center

95 The Goei Center Reviews

Cassie · Married on 09/08/2018

Our experience with the GOEI center was amazing. Not only did the venue exceed our expectations, but so did all of the staff and wedding coordinators. They helped make our day perfect and we will remember and cherish it forever

Sent on 10/10/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

What a pleasure you were, Cassie! So happy it was the best day and we were able to be apart of it! We'll be cherishing it with you for years to come. :)

Shelby · Married on 09/08/2018

Our wedding was everything and more than I could have ever dreamed! From the wonderful staff planning ahead, night of coordination, and beautiful venue every single guest had an incredible night. Thank you Goei center!!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    The Goei Center 1
    The Goei Center 2

The Goei Center's reply:

We were honored to have you with us, Shelby! Thank YOU for your kind words in regards to our space and staff. Many years of happiness to you and Aaron!

Cassie · Married on 08/17/2018

This is by far the best venue I have ever been to. Everything was perfect and we were told by many guest it was best reception they had ever been to. Thank you to our wedding host and the entire staff.

The Goei Center 3
    The Goei Center 4
    The Goei Center 5

Erica · Married on 05/19/2018

We used the Goei Center for both our ceremony and reception and we could not be happier with our choice! Lindsay was a dream to work with and was so responsive to any questions or concerns we had. All of the staff at the Goei Center made sure that our special day went off without a hitch. They coordinated with our DJ and caterer so that our wedding day was as stress-free as it possibly could have been. It was a truly beautiful venue and we received so many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 05/23/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet review, Erica! It was a pleasure working with you as you were a JOY :) Cheers!

Cindy · Married on 01/27/2018

Mother of the Bride: The Goei Center was the perfect venue for our 227 guests. There was so much available space for our guests to dine, dance and visit with one another. The Goei provided two beautiful areas for guests to enjoy our wedding celebration. The staff members were responsive to every need and went out of their way to make our evening a happy amazing memory.

Sent on 01/30/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Cindy! I appreciate your sweet words :) We are happy to hear you enjoyed the day with us!!
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/28/2017

Absolutely amazing. Lindsey was a dream to work with during the planning process and the staff was amazing during our event. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was.

Sent on 10/31/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you kindly, Jackie!! We appreciate your sweet review and are so happy to hear your guests loved our space just as much as we do :) Thank you again!!

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

Where do I even begin??? I booked the Goei Center for our reception venue two years out from our wedding date and was so lucky that I got to work with Lindsay the entire time. Her quality of service and responsiveness is unmatched. As I have never planned a wedding before I had so many questions and Lindsay was there every step of the way to ensure everything was being taken care of on her end. Her positive attitude, upbeat energy & organization made it so easy to work with her. I received endless compliments on our wedding day about how much our guests loved the venue and the service. I would absolutely recommend anyone looking for a wonderful, unique venue in Grand Rapids! You will not be disappointed with Lindsay and her expertise!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Awww, thank you so much, Kelly!! You were so sweet to work with and get to know :) I greatly appreciate your thoughtful review. All the very best to you and Michael as husband and wife :)

Kristi · Married on 09/22/2017

Lindsay was awesome!!!! She was able to guide us through the whole process and calmed our nerves. We had a non-traditional wedding and Lindsay treated us with professionalism and respect. Here are just a couple comments from our own guests: "most beautiful wedding they have ever attended" "what an awesome venue" "very elegant and stunning"

We can't thank Lindsay enough for helping us every step of the way!!! I would recommend Lindsay and the Goei Center to anyone who asks.

Thanks again,
    Kristi and Ann

Sent on 10/23/2017
    The Goei Center 6
    The Goei Center 7
    The Goei Center 8

The Goei Center's reply:

Kristi, thank you!! You and Ann were so fun to plan with :) I greatly appreciate your kind words and recommendation. Thank you again!!

Bree · Married on 09/16/2017

The Goei Center is a unique wedding venue with lots of character! We had both our wedding ceremony & reception at the Goei Center and it was the perfect day! We received numerous compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how they loved how much space it offers. Lindsay, the coordinator, was fantastic to work with! She was easy to get ahold of, always answered all of my questions and made planning my wedding very easy! She is amazing at her job and was such a pleasure to work with! I am extremely happy that we chose to have our wedding day at the Goei Center!

Sent on 10/22/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Yay-the 'perfect day'!! We love to hear that :) Thank you for your recommendation and kind words, Bree. You were an absolute JOY to work with! Thanks again!

Jill · Married on 09/09/2017

I absolutely LOVED having our reception at the Goei Center! Lindsay was awesome throughout the wedding planning and was always fast at responding to my e-mails (Blake too). Staff was very-friendly! The venue is amazing!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you kindly, Jill! We are grateful for your sweet words and recommendation :)

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Lindsay was wonderful to work with! She responds so quickly to emails and is always willing to help and give great advice for your planing experience. Lindsay is so easy to get along with and made us feel at ease while planning our big day! Lindsay knows exactly what she is doing and is a top notch wedding coordinator, I wish we could do it all again, such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 09/15/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Emily, thank you!! You were so much fun to work with and get to know :) I truly appreciate your kind words!

Emilee · Married on 07/01/2017

I had both my ceremony and reception at the Goei Center on July 1st! The venue is beautiful and has so much character to it! We had a lot of out of town guests and they are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was! We had 300 guests and still had plenty of space! Lindsey is so helpful and so quick to respond to emails! She ensured all of the worries I had were taken care of and made sure that everything was perfect! Jane Goei is also very responsive to emails about the bar! She went above and beyond and asked for a photo of my husband and I to display on a slide show above the bar! The security staff is amazing and friendly as well! We had a ribbon wand send off and the security guard went through and helped my mom collect all of the ribbon wands that people had thrown away! I would recommend the Goei Center over and over! Such a beautiful place with amazing staff!

Sent on 07/22/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Emilee, thank you!! We appreciate your sweet recommendation :) It was an honor to work with you throughout the entire planning process. Thank you again!

Andrea · Married on 06/24/2017

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for Alex and Ethan's wedding and reception. Lindsay and Jane were a pleasure to work with and they were instrumental in making the day incredible for my daughter, son in law and guests!

Sent on 06/30/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

We appreciate your kind words, Andrea! Thank you :) It was so much fun planning for Alex and Ethan's absolutely beautiful day here with us!

Carly · Married on 06/16/2017

I had a fantastic experience working with the Goei Center. Not only is the space absolutely beautiful but Lindsay is SO on top of things! She responded so quickly to all of my emails and was extremely helpful from the start to the finish. I highly recommend going with the Goei Center for your special day!

Sent on 06/29/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Carly, you are the sweetest, thank you!! You were so fun to work with and get to know :) I appreciate your sweet sweet words!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2017

I can't even begin to explain how truly wonderful it was to work with Lindsay @ The Goei Center. She literally got me though my 5 month engagement, which allowed me to keep my sanity ;) Every question & email was answered in a very timely matter with such kindness and patience. Not only did I get to work with a expert wedding coordinator, but I also made a friend! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING Lindsay!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Whitney, thank you!! You were a JOY to plan with and get to know :) I truly appreciate your sweet words, friendship and recommendation! Cheers to you and Brian!

Jenna · Married on 05/27/2017

Lindsay was hands-down the most amazing wedding coordinator. She is professional, detail oriented, responsive, and an all around great person. I couldn't have hand-picked a better wedding coordinator. Despite me planning a wedding from out of state, she quickly responded to any question I had almost immediately, regardless of the time of day. Our wedding day went flawlessly and all credit goes to Lindsay.

Sent on 06/07/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Jenna, thank you!! I truly appreciate your sweet words :) You were an absolute joy to work with and get to know throughout the planning process. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for our reception. From the first meeting through the last moments of our special night everyone was wonderful to work with. We felt valued and comfortable talking through any of our concerns which were quickly met with many options and solutions. Lindsay, Jane and Blake made our planning easy and smooth leading to a wonderful evening that all of our family and friends enjoyed. All of their staff on the night of were attentive and went above and beyond to ensure my husband and I had everything we needed.

Sent on 05/24/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you kindly, Katie :) We appreciate your recommendation and were honored to be a part of your special day here!

Kortney · Married on 04/22/2017

The Goei Center was the perfect venue. The wedding coordinator did a wonderful job in helping to make sure my day went smoothly. The space is beautiful and unique. I fell in love with it as soon as I walked in!

Sent on 05/31/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Kortney! We were honored to be a part of your special day and are happy to hear you enjoyed our space :)

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2017

We LOVED our reception at The Goei Center! The entire staff was so helpful when it came to room set up, bar services, and even who should cater. The setting was perfect, they have brick walls, and wood floors- great for dancing. Having two huge rooms where guests could dance, or enjoy conversation away from the music was amazing!

Sent on 04/14/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

You are the absolute sweetest, Sarah! We appreciate your kind words :) Cheers to you and Florian in your future as husband and wife!

Katy · Married on 03/18/2017

I can't say enough great things about the Goei Center. Our first tour of the venue was amazing. We visited the Cheney Place first (another GR venue that is beautiful) and we were so let down because we lost the last date available for 2017 on a Saturday. We decided to look at the Goei Center and I'm so glad that we did. It's honestly the most beautiful venue I've been to! I love the open floor plan, everything on one level, the beautiful bar, the brick walls and all of the greenery. There is a large parking lot for guests. The ceremony set up is so intimate and pretty. The staff is so amazing. Lindsay goes above and beyond as the wedding coordinator. She was so flexible which put me at ease as a bride. Everything was perfect. Our guests had a great time.

Sent on 03/25/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Katy! Both you and Bill were an absolute JOY to work with and get to know throughout the planning process :) We are so happy you enjoyed your special day with us!

Callie · Married on 02/04/2017

Lindsay was an amazing person to work with! Always quick to respond and always willing to help answer questions or concerns! The wedding day itself moved so smoothly and I know Lindsay had a lot to do with that as she was the wedding coordinator for The Goei Center. The Goei Center was gorgeous and the guests all loved the 2 separate rooms (cocktail hour and reception rooms). It was absolutely perfect and I would recommend Lindsay and The Goei Center to anyone!!!

Sent on 03/02/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so very much, Callie! We appreciate your sweet words and recommendation :) You were honestly such a joy to work with. All the best to you and Brandon as husband and wife!

Brooke · Married on 01/07/2017

Where do I even begin? My husband Thom and I had our ceremony and reception at the Goei Center 1/7/17. From start of the wedding planning to the very end of our reception it was perfect! Lindsay and Jane made the entire process so simple with quick emails, suggestions, staying in touch with other vendors, to making sure everything was perfect the day of. The venue is absolutely stunning! The entire night we had countless guest compliment on how beautiful and elegant everything was. I could not have imagined a more perfect place for our big day! From the amazing staff to the gorgeous hard wood floors and brick walls, 10 out of 10 easily.
    Thank you so much for making our dream wedding exceed any expectations. Highly recommend the Goei Center!
    -Brooke Normandin

Sent on 01/21/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Brooke, thank you so much! You and Thom were such a joy to work with : ) We were honored to have you with us for your special day. Many years of happiness as husband and wife!

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2016

The Goei Center was the first and only wedding venue we looked at before deciding that it was the perfect place for us to get married and host our wedding reception. Lindsay was absolutely amazing right from the beginning! She was prompt to answer all of our questions, no matter the time or day; she made sure we were completely prepared for our wedding day; and she was even there on the day of to make sure the ceremony ran smoothly as well as the reception. We had one mix up with our cake vendor and she even went out of her way to take care of that for us with no issues! She communicated with all of our vendors throughout the process, helping to make everything run so smoothly and without stress. We really appreciate all of your help Lindsay! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator to work with!

I have to mention Blake as well, because he was equally as awesome! He took over for Lindsay on the night of our wedding, and made sure everything went smoothly from there. Thank you so much, Blake!

As for the venue itself, it was beautiful! We received countless compliments from our guests on how amazing and unique the Goei Center was. The set-up of the venue from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception dinner, was all laid out so perfectly. It was a flawless spot for our New Year's Eve wedding!

The Goei Center also hosted our bar. Jane worked with me on the menu and other bar related details, and she was great! All of the bartenders were amazing as well, and Cory especially, was exceptional! My guests loved him!

Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Goei Center! You were all so amazing, and you helped create a wedding day that we will remember and cherish forever! We truly appreciate all of your hard work!

Sent on 01/02/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Jessica! Thank you so very much for your extremely sweet review :) It was our honor to have you and Conner with us for your special day. You both were an absolute joy to work with and get to know. You brought so much joy into our space! Many years of happiness to you as husband and wife!

madi · Married on 11/05/2016

Everything about the GOEI center was absolutely perfect all the way from the look of the building to the security detail. We had plenty of space for all of our guests. The middle aged attendees loved the front room where they could talk in peace while the younger guests danced the night away. Lindsay was phenomenal to work with! She answered all of my emails/questions promptly and was organized when I wasn't. We loved our night there and so did our guests!

Sent on 11/29/2016

The Goei Center's reply:

Madi, you seriously are the best! We appreciate your kind words and sweetness so very much :) You were simply a joy to work with! All the very best to you and John in your future as husband and wife!