The Goei Center Reviews

The Goei Center 6
The Goei Center 7
  • Lindsy

Lindsy · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful Venue with LOTS of Charm!

The Goei Center was the perfect spot for our wedding! We had a little over 100 guests - the space didn't seem too cramped and it didn't come across as empty either. Lots of modern/industrial charm in this venue!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    The Goei Center 8
    The Goei Center 9
    The Goei Center 10
    The Goei Center 11
    The Goei Center 12

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you for such a kind review Lindsy! We loved having you here in our space! Hope the first month of marriage has been nothing but the best for you and Travis!
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 05/24/2019

Great staff and service!

We loved having our reception at the Goei Center! The staff was so friendly, helpful, flexible, and truly made the day special for us. Everything turned out so beautifully, and it was nice not to have to worry about anything. Having the two separate rooms was perfect, we were able to have cocktail hour in one and dinner and dancing in the other. I do think they are a bit on the pricy side, but with how great they are to work with and how much they do, it was worth it.

Sent on 07/24/2019
    The Goei Center 13
    The Goei Center 14
    The Goei Center 15
    The Goei Center 16
    The Goei Center 17

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you for such a sweet review Jordan!! We love hearing that everything turned out just the way you dreamed and we are so happy you did not have to worry about a thing - that is always our goal!! You and Cory were SO great to work with! Wishing you both nothing but the best!
  • Emily

Emily Goldberg · Married on 03/03/2019

Wonderful Staff, Beautiful Venue

We booked the Goei Center for our wedding on March 3rd, 2019 and I honestly can't recommend the venue enough. The reason we booked it in the first place was for their beautiful building and how close it was to downtown GR. But after working with them for a little while I found out that the best part of the venue wasn't the venue itself but the people working for it! I worked with two beautiful ladies, Michaela and Kylie. Both of them answered every question I had (of which there were many!) quickly and were both extremely helpful, informative, and friendly! They were laid back but still very on top of what was going on and were always quick to help if I might need anything. On top of doing a fabulous job planning the wedding and coordinating it with me, they also did a great job helping everything run smoothly the day of as well. Overall the whole experience was amazing, mostly due to those two ladies. Thank you so much, Michaela and Kylie, and to the Goei Center for helping us have such an amazing day! ❤️

Sent on 03/22/2019

The Goei Center's reply:

Aww Emily, such a sweet review! You guys were the absolute greatest to work with, we loved being able to be a part of your special day! So glad you guys enjoyed your wedding here at the Goei Center! I hope the first month of marriage has been nothing but the best for you and Jack! :)

Megan Yee · Married on 10/26/2018

Awesome, would have another event here!

I actually had the pleasure of working with several different coordinators at different times throughout my wedding. Each was professional, responsive and flexible. It was comforting knowing I didn't have to worry about anything at the venue. Everything was easy, seemless and the day of the actual wedding was perfect. I'd recommend The Goei not only for their venue, but also the staff, it was a pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 12/06/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

Megan you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind review! We absolutely loved working with you and Matt. Wishing you both nothing but happiness in the years to come!

Cassie · Married on 09/08/2018

Our experience with the GOEI center was amazing. Not only did the venue exceed our expectations, but so did all of the staff and wedding coordinators. They helped make our day perfect and we will remember and cherish it forever

Sent on 10/10/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

What a pleasure you were, Cassie! So happy it was the best day and we were able to be apart of it! We'll be cherishing it with you for years to come. :)

Shelby · Married on 09/08/2018

Our wedding was everything and more than I could have ever dreamed! From the wonderful staff planning ahead, night of coordination, and beautiful venue every single guest had an incredible night. Thank you Goei center!!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    The Goei Center 18
    The Goei Center 19

The Goei Center's reply:

We were honored to have you with us, Shelby! Thank YOU for your kind words in regards to our space and staff. Many years of happiness to you and Aaron!

Elizabeth O'mara · Married on 08/18/2018

Our perfect day made a reality

Kylie and the whole team at the Goei Center went above and beyond helping us make our dream wedding come true. They were so easy to work with and assisted us in making each detailed decision about how our day would come together. The day of, they worked hard in bringing everything together so my husband and I could just enjoy it. I couldn't recommend them more- we will forever look back on our wedding day fondly :)

Sent on 12/10/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

That is so wonderful to hear Elizabeth! We love hearing that you both just got to enjoy the day and take it all in! So happy for you both, and hope marriage has been nothing but the best for you two!

Cassie · Married on 08/17/2018

This is by far the best venue I have ever been to. Everything was perfect and we were told by many guest it was best reception they had ever been to. Thank you to our wedding host and the entire staff.

Sent on 10/12/2018
    The Goei Center 20
    The Goei Center 21
    The Goei Center 22

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you for such a sweet review Cassie! You guys were the absolute greatest to work with and we were so happy we could play a part in your special day!

Lucie · Married on 06/02/2018

Choosing the Goei Center as the venue for both our ceremony and reception was truly the best decision we made when it came to our wedding. Right away working with Lindsay was like working with a friend - she is so kind, understanding, thoughtful, and so so good at her job. She worked with us every step of the way, and found quick solutions to any problem that arose during the planning process. Even with her busy schedule we always felt like she truly wanted our day to be perfect. She also coordinated with our other vendors, which made life so much easier. Because of her we did not have to worry about a thing throughout the entire day of the wedding.

We really appreciated the flexibility the Goei Center offered us to suit all our needs, and Lindsay gave great advice and recommendations when needed. The entire space was beautiful and better than we even imagined. The character of the building was exactly what we were looking for. It was raw and industrial while still remaining elegant, and allowed us to incorporate personal details that were important to us.

We encourage everyone to celebrate their marriage at Goei, and really cannot recommend it enough for your wedding day!

Sent on 06/17/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

Lucie, you are the absolute sweetest :) Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful review. You and Anthony were so fun to work with and get to know throughout the planning process! I wish you two all the very best :)

Erica · Married on 05/19/2018

We used the Goei Center for both our ceremony and reception and we could not be happier with our choice! Lindsay was a dream to work with and was so responsive to any questions or concerns we had. All of the staff at the Goei Center made sure that our special day went off without a hitch. They coordinated with our DJ and caterer so that our wedding day was as stress-free as it possibly could have been. It was a truly beautiful venue and we received so many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 05/23/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet review, Erica! It was a pleasure working with you as you were a JOY :) Cheers!

Cindy · Married on 01/27/2018

Mother of the Bride: The Goei Center was the perfect venue for our 227 guests. There was so much available space for our guests to dine, dance and visit with one another. The Goei provided two beautiful areas for guests to enjoy our wedding celebration. The staff members were responsive to every need and went out of their way to make our evening a happy amazing memory.

Sent on 01/30/2018

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Cindy! I appreciate your sweet words :) We are happy to hear you enjoyed the day with us!!
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/28/2017

Absolutely amazing. Lindsey was a dream to work with during the planning process and the staff was amazing during our event. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was.

Sent on 10/31/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you kindly, Jackie!! We appreciate your sweet review and are so happy to hear your guests loved our space just as much as we do :) Thank you again!!

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

Where do I even begin??? I booked the Goei Center for our reception venue two years out from our wedding date and was so lucky that I got to work with Lindsay the entire time. Her quality of service and responsiveness is unmatched. As I have never planned a wedding before I had so many questions and Lindsay was there every step of the way to ensure everything was being taken care of on her end. Her positive attitude, upbeat energy & organization made it so easy to work with her. I received endless compliments on our wedding day about how much our guests loved the venue and the service. I would absolutely recommend anyone looking for a wonderful, unique venue in Grand Rapids! You will not be disappointed with Lindsay and her expertise!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Awww, thank you so much, Kelly!! You were so sweet to work with and get to know :) I greatly appreciate your thoughtful review. All the very best to you and Michael as husband and wife :)

Kristi · Married on 09/22/2017

Lindsay was awesome!!!! She was able to guide us through the whole process and calmed our nerves. We had a non-traditional wedding and Lindsay treated us with professionalism and respect. Here are just a couple comments from our own guests: "most beautiful wedding they have ever attended" "what an awesome venue" "very elegant and stunning"

We can't thank Lindsay enough for helping us every step of the way!!! I would recommend Lindsay and the Goei Center to anyone who asks.

Thanks again,
    Kristi and Ann

Sent on 10/23/2017
    The Goei Center 23
    The Goei Center 24
    The Goei Center 25

The Goei Center's reply:

Kristi, thank you!! You and Ann were so fun to plan with :) I greatly appreciate your kind words and recommendation. Thank you again!!

Bree · Married on 09/16/2017

The Goei Center is a unique wedding venue with lots of character! We had both our wedding ceremony & reception at the Goei Center and it was the perfect day! We received numerous compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how they loved how much space it offers. Lindsay, the coordinator, was fantastic to work with! She was easy to get ahold of, always answered all of my questions and made planning my wedding very easy! She is amazing at her job and was such a pleasure to work with! I am extremely happy that we chose to have our wedding day at the Goei Center!

Sent on 10/22/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Yay-the 'perfect day'!! We love to hear that :) Thank you for your recommendation and kind words, Bree. You were an absolute JOY to work with! Thanks again!

Jill · Married on 09/09/2017

I absolutely LOVED having our reception at the Goei Center! Lindsay was awesome throughout the wedding planning and was always fast at responding to my e-mails (Blake too). Staff was very-friendly! The venue is amazing!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you kindly, Jill! We are grateful for your sweet words and recommendation :)

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Lindsay was wonderful to work with! She responds so quickly to emails and is always willing to help and give great advice for your planing experience. Lindsay is so easy to get along with and made us feel at ease while planning our big day! Lindsay knows exactly what she is doing and is a top notch wedding coordinator, I wish we could do it all again, such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 09/15/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Emily, thank you!! You were so much fun to work with and get to know :) I truly appreciate your kind words!

Emilee · Married on 07/01/2017

I had both my ceremony and reception at the Goei Center on July 1st! The venue is beautiful and has so much character to it! We had a lot of out of town guests and they are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was! We had 300 guests and still had plenty of space! Lindsey is so helpful and so quick to respond to emails! She ensured all of the worries I had were taken care of and made sure that everything was perfect! Jane Goei is also very responsive to emails about the bar! She went above and beyond and asked for a photo of my husband and I to display on a slide show above the bar! The security staff is amazing and friendly as well! We had a ribbon wand send off and the security guard went through and helped my mom collect all of the ribbon wands that people had thrown away! I would recommend the Goei Center over and over! Such a beautiful place with amazing staff!

Sent on 07/22/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Emilee, thank you!! We appreciate your sweet recommendation :) It was an honor to work with you throughout the entire planning process. Thank you again!

Andrea · Married on 06/24/2017

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for Alex and Ethan's wedding and reception. Lindsay and Jane were a pleasure to work with and they were instrumental in making the day incredible for my daughter, son in law and guests!

Sent on 06/30/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

We appreciate your kind words, Andrea! Thank you :) It was so much fun planning for Alex and Ethan's absolutely beautiful day here with us!

Carly · Married on 06/16/2017

I had a fantastic experience working with the Goei Center. Not only is the space absolutely beautiful but Lindsay is SO on top of things! She responded so quickly to all of my emails and was extremely helpful from the start to the finish. I highly recommend going with the Goei Center for your special day!

Sent on 06/29/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Carly, you are the sweetest, thank you!! You were so fun to work with and get to know :) I appreciate your sweet sweet words!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2017

I can't even begin to explain how truly wonderful it was to work with Lindsay @ The Goei Center. She literally got me though my 5 month engagement, which allowed me to keep my sanity ;) Every question & email was answered in a very timely matter with such kindness and patience. Not only did I get to work with a expert wedding coordinator, but I also made a friend! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING Lindsay!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Whitney, thank you!! You were a JOY to plan with and get to know :) I truly appreciate your sweet words, friendship and recommendation! Cheers to you and Brian!

Jenna · Married on 05/27/2017

Lindsay was hands-down the most amazing wedding coordinator. She is professional, detail oriented, responsive, and an all around great person. I couldn't have hand-picked a better wedding coordinator. Despite me planning a wedding from out of state, she quickly responded to any question I had almost immediately, regardless of the time of day. Our wedding day went flawlessly and all credit goes to Lindsay.

Sent on 06/07/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Jenna, thank you!! I truly appreciate your sweet words :) You were an absolute joy to work with and get to know throughout the planning process. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for our reception. From the first meeting through the last moments of our special night everyone was wonderful to work with. We felt valued and comfortable talking through any of our concerns which were quickly met with many options and solutions. Lindsay, Jane and Blake made our planning easy and smooth leading to a wonderful evening that all of our family and friends enjoyed. All of their staff on the night of were attentive and went above and beyond to ensure my husband and I had everything we needed.

Sent on 05/24/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you kindly, Katie :) We appreciate your recommendation and were honored to be a part of your special day here!

Kortney · Married on 04/22/2017

The Goei Center was the perfect venue. The wedding coordinator did a wonderful job in helping to make sure my day went smoothly. The space is beautiful and unique. I fell in love with it as soon as I walked in!

Sent on 05/31/2017

The Goei Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Kortney! We were honored to be a part of your special day and are happy to hear you enjoyed our space :)