91 Reviews for The Goei Center

Champagne Toast (1)
House Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
91 The Goei Center Reviews

We used the Goei Center for both our ceremony and reception and we could not be happier with our choice! Lindsay was a dream to work with and was so responsive to any questions or concerns we had. All of the staff at the Goei Center made sure that our special day went off without a hitch. They coordinated with our DJ and caterer so that our wedding day was as stress-free as it possibly could have been. It was a truly beautiful venue and we received so many compliments from our guests.

Profile Picture Erica, 5/19/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Indoor, Barware, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Mother of the Bride: The Goei Center was the perfect venue for our 227 guests. There was so much available space for our guests to dine, dance and visit with one another. The Goei provided two beautiful areas for guests to enjoy our wedding celebration. The staff members were responsive to every need and went out of their way to make our evening a happy amazing memory.

Profile Picture Cindy, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely amazing. Lindsey was a dream to work with during the planning process and the staff was amazing during our event. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was.

Profile Picture Jackie, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, Glassware

Where do I even begin??? I booked the Goei Center for our reception venue two years out from our wedding date and was so lucky that I got to work with Lindsay the entire time. Her quality of service and responsiveness is unmatched. As I have never planned a wedding before I had so many questions and Lindsay was there every step of the way to ensure everything was being taken care of on her end. Her positive attitude, upbeat energy & organization made it so easy to work with her. I received endless compliments on our wedding day about how much our guests loved the venue and the service. I would absolutely recommend anyone looking for a wonderful, unique venue in Grand Rapids! You will not be disappointed with Lindsay and her expertise!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lindsay was awesome!!!! She was able to guide us through the whole process and calmed our nerves. We had a non-traditional wedding and Lindsay treated us with professionalism and respect. Here are just a couple comments from our own guests: "most beautiful wedding they have ever attended" "what an awesome venue" "very elegant and stunning"

We can't thank Lindsay enough for helping us every step of the way!!! I would recommend Lindsay and the Goei Center to anyone who asks.

Thanks again,
Kristi and Ann

Profile Picture Kristi, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Goei Center is a unique wedding venue with lots of character! We had both our wedding ceremony & reception at the Goei Center and it was the perfect day! We received numerous compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how they loved how much space it offers. Lindsay, the coordinator, was fantastic to work with! She was easy to get ahold of, always answered all of my questions and made planning my wedding very easy! She is amazing at her job and was such a pleasure to work with! I am extremely happy that we chose to have our wedding day at the Goei Center!

Profile Picture Bree, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely LOVED having our reception at the Goei Center! Lindsay was awesome throughout the wedding planning and was always fast at responding to my e-mails (Blake too). Staff was very-friendly! The venue is amazing!!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Lindsay was wonderful to work with! She responds so quickly to emails and is always willing to help and give great advice for your planing experience. Lindsay is so easy to get along with and made us feel at ease while planning our big day! Lindsay knows exactly what she is doing and is a top notch wedding coordinator, I wish we could do it all again, such a wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I had both my ceremony and reception at the Goei Center on July 1st! The venue is beautiful and has so much character to it! We had a lot of out of town guests and they are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was! We had 300 guests and still had plenty of space! Lindsey is so helpful and so quick to respond to emails! She ensured all of the worries I had were taken care of and made sure that everything was perfect! Jane Goei is also very responsive to emails about the bar! She went above and beyond and asked for a photo of my husband and I to display on a slide show above the bar! The security staff is amazing and friendly as well! We had a ribbon wand send off and the security guard went through and helped my mom collect all of the ribbon wands that people had thrown away! I would recommend the Goei Center over and over! Such a beautiful place with amazing staff!

Profile Picture Emilee, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for Alex and Ethan's wedding and reception. Lindsay and Jane were a pleasure to work with and they were instrumental in making the day incredible for my daughter, son in law and guests!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a fantastic experience working with the Goei Center. Not only is the space absolutely beautiful but Lindsay is SO on top of things! She responded so quickly to all of my emails and was extremely helpful from the start to the finish. I highly recommend going with the Goei Center for your special day!

Profile Picture Carly, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't even begin to explain how truly wonderful it was to work with Lindsay @ The Goei Center. She literally got me though my 5 month engagement, which allowed me to keep my sanity ;) Every question & email was answered in a very timely matter with such kindness and patience. Not only did I get to work with a expert wedding coordinator, but I also made a friend! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING Lindsay!!

Profile Picture Whitney, 6/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lindsay was hands-down the most amazing wedding coordinator. She is professional, detail oriented, responsive, and an all around great person. I couldn't have hand-picked a better wedding coordinator. Despite me planning a wedding from out of state, she quickly responded to any question I had almost immediately, regardless of the time of day. Our wedding day went flawlessly and all credit goes to Lindsay.

Profile Picture Jenna, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Goei Center was the perfect venue for our reception. From the first meeting through the last moments of our special night everyone was wonderful to work with. We felt valued and comfortable talking through any of our concerns which were quickly met with many options and solutions. Lindsay, Jane and Blake made our planning easy and smooth leading to a wonderful evening that all of our family and friends enjoyed. All of their staff on the night of were attentive and went above and beyond to ensure my husband and I had everything we needed.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware

The Goei Center was the perfect venue. The wedding coordinator did a wonderful job in helping to make sure my day went smoothly. The space is beautiful and unique. I fell in love with it as soon as I walked in!

Profile Picture Kortney, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We LOVED our reception at The Goei Center! The entire staff was so helpful when it came to room set up, bar services, and even who should cater. The setting was perfect, they have brick walls, and wood floors- great for dancing. Having two huge rooms where guests could dance, or enjoy conversation away from the music was amazing!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware

I can't say enough great things about the Goei Center. Our first tour of the venue was amazing. We visited the Cheney Place first (another GR venue that is beautiful) and we were so let down because we lost the last date available for 2017 on a Saturday. We decided to look at the Goei Center and I'm so glad that we did. It's honestly the most beautiful venue I've been to! I love the open floor plan, everything on one level, the beautiful bar, the brick walls and all of the greenery. There is a large parking lot for guests. The ceremony set up is so intimate and pretty. The staff is so amazing. Lindsay goes above and beyond as the wedding coordinator. She was so flexible which put me at ease as a bride. Everything was perfect. Our guests had a great time.

Profile Picture Katy, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Lindsay was an amazing person to work with! Always quick to respond and always willing to help answer questions or concerns! The wedding day itself moved so smoothly and I know Lindsay had a lot to do with that as she was the wedding coordinator for The Goei Center. The Goei Center was gorgeous and the guests all loved the 2 separate rooms (cocktail hour and reception rooms). It was absolutely perfect and I would recommend Lindsay and The Goei Center to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Callie, 2/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Where do I even begin? My husband Thom and I had our ceremony and reception at the Goei Center 1/7/17. From start of the wedding planning to the very end of our reception it was perfect! Lindsay and Jane made the entire process so simple with quick emails, suggestions, staying in touch with other vendors, to making sure everything was perfect the day of. The venue is absolutely stunning! The entire night we had countless guest compliment on how beautiful and elegant everything was. I could not have imagined a more perfect place for our big day! From the amazing staff to the gorgeous hard wood floors and brick walls, 10 out of 10 easily.
Thank you so much for making our dream wedding exceed any expectations. Highly recommend the Goei Center!
-Brooke Normandin

Profile Picture Brooke, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Goei Center was the first and only wedding venue we looked at before deciding that it was the perfect place for us to get married and host our wedding reception. Lindsay was absolutely amazing right from the beginning! She was prompt to answer all of our questions, no matter the time or day; she made sure we were completely prepared for our wedding day; and she was even there on the day of to make sure the ceremony ran smoothly as well as the reception. We had one mix up with our cake vendor and she even went out of her way to take care of that for us with no issues! She communicated with all of our vendors throughout the process, helping to make everything run so smoothly and without stress. We really appreciate all of your help Lindsay! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator to work with!

I have to mention Blake as well, because he was equally as awesome! He took over for Lindsay on the night of our wedding, and made sure everything went smoothly from there. Thank you so much, Blake!

As for the venue itself, it was beautiful! We received countless compliments from our guests on how amazing and unique the Goei Center was. The set-up of the venue from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception dinner, was all laid out so perfectly. It was a flawless spot for our New Year's Eve wedding!

The Goei Center also hosted our bar. Jane worked with me on the menu and other bar related details, and she was great! All of the bartenders were amazing as well, and Cory especially, was exceptional! My guests loved him!

Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Goei Center! You were all so amazing, and you helped create a wedding day that we will remember and cherish forever! We truly appreciate all of your hard work!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about the GOEI center was absolutely perfect all the way from the look of the building to the security detail. We had plenty of space for all of our guests. The middle aged attendees loved the front room where they could talk in peace while the younger guests danced the night away. Lindsay was phenomenal to work with! She answered all of my emails/questions promptly and was organized when I wasn't. We loved our night there and so did our guests!

Profile Picture madi, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Lindsay was amazing! She was more on top of my wedding than I was!

Profile Picture User5241540, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Goei Center was fantastic! Lindsay was incredible friendly and professional. She was super quick to return all of my emails and treated all of my questions with importance. The space is beautiful and large and so unique. More than one of my guests mentioned using The Goei Center for their own events. Could not recommend this venue more!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had such a great experience with the Goei Center for my wedding! The staff was very professional, friendly, and really went above and beyond to make my special day perfect. Lindsay was amazing! She always responded to my emails very quickly and made sure I felt reassured that my day would be perfect. I would definitely recommend this venue for any event!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Cake, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Indoor