The Glen Venue Reviews

The Glen Venue 6
The Glen Venue 7
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 03/23/2019

Perfect venue for our dream wedding!

The Glen venue, Mathis House was perfect for our dream wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The grounds were gorgeous and weather perfect, but what topped it off for us was the time, care, attention, and service we received from the Tabor family. Accommodating through and through. LaNell and Vivien were awesome! We'll definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for one!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    The Glen Venue 8

The Glen Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us. We are pleased that your wedding was everything you wanted it to be.

Rita Hewett · Married on 03/16/2019

Cashen wedding

Everything was perfect the day of the 16th. My daughter married her soul mate . The owners of the property were very helpful as well as inviting us to come back anytime to learn more about the history. The coordinator was also so very helpful. She went above and beyond. Highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/21/2019
    The Glen Venue 13
    The Glen Venue 14

Megan Harrison · Married on 02/23/2019

Absolutely Amazing Venue

I had such a great experience working with LaNell and the Taber’s. They made every wish come true and were very flexible and professional. I would (and have) recommend this very to every bride i know!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Kate Vonk · Married on 02/14/2019

Elegant Southern Charm

Everything about this venue was perfect! The owners were very kind and accommodating, and made us feel very welcome. Vivien was very responsive and helpful, easily answering all of our questions. This beautiful southern gem was the perfect backdrop for our wedding!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Kara Riesen · Married on 01/25/2019

Best Wedding Venue All Around

This wedding venue exceeded our expectations in every way! The staff was so sweet, flexible and willing to help in any way possible to make our wedding day go as smooth as possible! You are able to bring your own venders or use their list. They transport all guests down to the ceremony site if wanted. A staff member transports the bride, groom and photographer wherever they would like to take photos. They have signs placed throughout showing guests where to go, where the bathrooms are, where the ceremony site is. They also have a room filled with decor items that you are welcome to use as well as tables and chairs. I could go on and on raving about this venue! If I could relive my day again, it would certainly be at The Glen Venue! They stand out amongst all other venues!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Jill Winick · Married on 11/10/2018

Mother of the Bride

The Glen Venue was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding this past November. My daughter and her now husband loved how the venue highlights the beauty of natural Florida. The historic Mathis house and grounds offered a wonderful location for the ceremony, followed by a fun evening of celebration. The staff/family at the Glen were wonderful to work with start to finish. They did so much to help make the day perfect!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Emily · Married on 04/08/2017

Could not dream up a more beautiful venue. So many gorgeous spots to take photos and the owners are amazing! Loved our "special day" at The Glen!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/14/2015

Me & my husband used The Glen Venue for our November 2015 wedding. Not only was the property absolutely georgou, but Maggie and LaNell were so helpful! We rented out the Steele house& cabin both Friday night and Saturday night making it perfect to stay on the property & made us really enjoy our night. The weather was a tad bit cold but it stop anyone! From the first time I contacted Viven about the property, she kept in contact with me and always answered my questions I had within a reasonable time.
    Such sweet people to work with, and such an amazing venue (that's reasonably priced)!

My day was perfect !

Sent on 11/21/2015

Hannah · Married on 10/17/2015

Gorgeous property, affordable price, made for the perfect atmosphere! Everyone commented on how peaceful and beautiful the setting was. You have so many options for ceremony and reception, and the price is great. We opted for a vintage-chic feel, though it would be easy to do rustic, shabby-chic, etc. The Mathis house had the perfect antique charm, and the perfect oak tree to do the ceremony under. The venue has some tables to work with, but you will need to rent chairs. Vivien could not have been more pleasant to work with, very gracious and helpful. I highly recommend this wonderful venue!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Hailey · Married on 05/15/2015

Everything was great!

Everyone was very helpful during the big day!

Sent on 04/03/2019

The Glen Venue's reply:

Tthank you Hailey for writing the review. It is much appreciated. The wedding was beautiful and everyone had a good time.

Vivien

Cathy · Married on 04/04/2014

What can I say?! Our wedding was beautiful beyond anything we could have imagined. We rented The Mathis House for our ceremony and reception and The Steele House for the bridal party the night of the wedding. WOW! They were flawless! Our guests could not stop complementing me on how elegant the venue was. The Steele House was fantastic to stay the night---full of history and mystery. Vivien and Maggie really put me at ease knowing that they were on the ball when it came to prepping the property. I would highly recommend The Glen Venue for anyone seeking a country/historic venue at a great value. Thanks again!

Sent on 04/20/2014

Shannon · Married on 03/23/2013

What an amazing venue! This place is truly a hidden gem. We had our wedding and ceremony at the Linwood House at the Glen Venue. The house and the grounds are just beautiful. Vivien was our contact person for the venue and she was so easy to work with and always available when we had a question or concern about anything. The Taber’s were so kind and helpful throughout the entire planning process and during the wedding as well. When it was all over, we felt like we were saying good bye to a part of our family. We are so happy that we chose them for our big day!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Beverly · Married on 02/01/2013

My daughter & her husband held their beautiful garden wedding at the Mathis House in May 2010 and also their rehearsal dinner inside the Mathis house. There were 2 gazebos to chose from and a large lighted wooden deck for music, dancing, etc. And the Mathis House itself has a full kitchen and large screened porches all around. Acres of landscaped yard and parking. I cannot imagine a more beautiful or charming southern setting for a wedding. It was just perfect for us. I found the owners to be very helpful, friendly and easy to do business with. I have been reccomending this venue to all my friends. Go and see it for yourself! Beverly Himmelhaver (904) 259-4393

Sent on 02/19/2013

Delena · Married on 04/16/2011

WOW! I cannot say enough about the Glen Venue. I wish I could put all 10's. Magi and Lin Taber have true southern hospitality. MANY of our guests said the wedding we had at the Glen Venue on Saturday was the best wedding they had ever attended. We attribute a lot of that to the location. We had our Rehearsal Dinner on the patio at the Linwood House...so lovely! Our wedding ceremony at the arbor at Budder Mathis house was like being in God's Cathedral...amazing! The location made the event so special. Magi and Lin made us feel like we were holding our events at our own homestead. It could not have been better and I would not hesitate to recommend this location to anyone wanting a spectacular wedding. Thanks Magi and Lin!

Sent on 04/21/2011

Kelly · Married on 04/26/2014

My husband and I got married at the Linwood House back in April. Lin and Magi are two absolutley very sweet people. They worked with us very well. Very open to letting us use the house. Such a beautiful place. Would definetly recommend this place to anyone who would want an unforgetable wedding. The flowers were in full bloom which made it that much better.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Kimberly · Married on 03/28/2015

My husband and I were married at the Mathis House in March 2015. Words can't even describe how beautiful our wedding was! We didn't really have a theme to our wedding but if I had to choose something it would definitely be a rustic, DIY theme. We knew we wanted an outdoor wedding and the Mathis House fit every bullet point we were looking for. The weather was perfect, spring flowers were blooming and at night with all of the twinkling lights and the bonfire, it was magical. Lin and Magi showed up the morning of our wedding to help set up anything we needed; they were incredibly generous with their time and assistance. Our family and friends continue to rave about how beautiful our wedding was and the homey vibes that the Mathis house portrayed.

In addition to the wedding, we also rented the cabin for my husband and myself and the Steele House for our family & friends to stay the night. The cabin was so chic & rustic and made us feel right at home - definitely better than staying at a hotel. The morning after the wedding our family cooked a huge breakfast at the Steele house and we all sat around reminiscing about the wedding and our favorite moments. None of this would've been possible without this venue and I'm so thankful we selected them for our special day!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Kimberly · Married on 11/29/2014

We live 4.5 hours away, but when we visited the Glen, the history of the property and serene atmosphere felt so special that we knew we’d found the right place. We had our ceremony and reception at the Mathis house. Our wedding had an Edwardian/woodsy theme that was supported perfectly by the venue. All of our guests said they felt transported back in time, and we’ve received many compliments about the uniqueness of the venue and how magical it felt after dark with all the twinkling lights.

Vivien was great to work with during the booking/planning process, and helped with any questions we had about the venue. On the day of the wedding, Lin and Magi were there to make sure everything ran smoothly, and checked in on us periodically throughout the day. After speaking with them for five minutes, I felt as if i’d known them for years. They were absolutely delightful!

A previous reviewer said it best - “This place makes my heart happy”. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect venue for our wedding!

Sent on 02/16/2015
  • Krystal

Krystal · Married on 11/02/2012

We LOVED having our wedding at the Mathis House at the Glen. It was literally the perfect location for our big day. They were very flexible and the price is great. I definitely recommend doing your wedding in a non-rainy month (ours was in November and perfect weather) because it will be mostly outside if it's a medium-larger wedding. This place makes my heart happy. We loved getting married there.

Sent on 11/20/2012