The Glen Venue Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Ashley
    Jamie C. Married on 03/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stunning venue with an incredible host!

The Glen Venue was the perfect location for my sister's wedding. The grounds are STUNNING. Our host, LaNell, was a pleasure to work with. From the moment planning began, She was organized and helpful with every last detail. LaNell and her husband made the entire wedding day go so smoothly - we really couldn't have done it without them! If I'm ever hosting or planning an event near Jacksonville again, I would go back to The Glen Venue in a heartbeat. Thank you so much LaNell!
    Christine L. Married on 11/20/2021

Best Venue Ever!

I cannot say enough great things about this venue. From the moment my husband and I came to tour, we knew this place was special. LaNell was so authentically invested in our lives, our love story, our vision, our wedding... the list goes on. We felt truly seen and cared about here. The care we received was truly remarkable. We felt like we were part of the family from the get go! I feel like that’s what sets them apart from other venues. That - and the jaw dropping views of the grounds. I mean… every corner there are beautiful views that are sure to leave you in awe. We are so thankful we chose The Glen Venue for our special day. Now, we have amazing memories to last a lifetime… as well as lifelong friends who own the venue ❤️ We are so grateful for everything they have done for us!!
    Erin S. Married on 10/23/2021

The Perfect Venue

The Glen Venue is a jaw-dropping wedding location that has charming views and amazing staff. From the moment we toured the grounds to our wedding day LaNell has made us feel at home and part of the family. Our guests have never seen a venue like this and just adored it as much as we did. Look no further for the perfect wedding venue, staff, and place to grow your love from the very start.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Ellen S. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Southern Hospitality at Best!

From the beginning, LaNell has been prompt, knowledgeable & flexible throughout the 12 months of planning. If we were stuck on a decision regarding placement of certain items, she helped us make a decision that made us feel comfortable without feeling rushed. She’s compassionate with making sure your dream wedding comes to life. She tagged along during the time we took our engagement photos, showing us beautiful spots around the property. For the wedding, she was punctual, helped with things that needed to get done, took us to the special areas for our wedding pics, & her husband valeted guests to the ceremony site. The morning of the big day, LaNell & our coordinator was able to find us a last minute bartender, when ours did a “no show” on us! We stayed in their cute cabin, tucked away the night of the wedding & didn’t rush us out after a lonnnnng day/night. We are so thrilled everything turned out perfectly & it didn’t even rain! :)

Thanks, LaNell & Tab!
  • Wendy
    Wendy Married on 04/17/2021

Perfect in every way

I can’t even begin to explain how magical this place is. It’s vintage with a whimsical feel. Its definitely a hidden gem! Don’t get me started on the photo ops. So many pretty places to take pictures. If your looking for an outdoor whimsical theme this is the place for you. I had many family members travel from California and have heard non stop how amazing and beautiful our wedding day was and how unique it was as they had never experienced a setting like this. (Including dancing in the rain) 🥰
    Mrs. Lanell is absolutely fabulous ! She went above and beyond to ensure everything ran smoothly. I would not have if any other way. It truly was the best day of my life and I can’t wait to see my pictures.

The Glen Venue's reply:

It was our delight to be a part of your wedding day team of family and friends who came together from near and far to prepare and celebrate the wonderful love you two share. It was a magical day of joy and love! Blessings on your marriage!
    Carla H. Married on 03/27/2021

Memorable and Magical

This place was nothing short of spectacular. I was looking for something with an earthy/woodsy vibe, all outdoors, and in North Florida. This venue was IT!
    Our host LaNell, was a pleasure to work with. From our first contact with her, we were treated like family. She made the planning process a breeze by anticipating and having answers to our questions and giving us things to consider that we hadn’t considered before. She was also very helpful to our vendors, especially our photographers. There are so many photographic locations. LaNell is a pro at knowing what time of day is optimal for photographing each location. The photo we added with our review, LaNell took herself on her phone!
    The venue itself emanates raw, “old Florida” beauty, and with your décor in place, it’s simply breathtaking. They even have mosquito control!!! Our wedding guests raved about the venue. Our experience was beyond memorable and magical.

The Glen Venue's reply:

Thank you Carla and Cecil for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your families on your wedding day. We loved the relaxed and fun vibe you both brought to the day! Your decorations were so festive and unique...adding to the beauty of your celebration with family and friends. We delighted in being a part of your special wedding memories! Blessing in your new lives together as husband and wife! ~LaNell
    Leah L. Married on 03/20/2021

The Glen Venue

We immediately loved the venue just from how beautiful it was. We loved it even more after speaking with LaNell. Overall, the venue was a beautiful place for us to get married, rain or shine. We couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out and we thank LaNell and her family for their amazing hospitality and help throughout our wedding.

The Glen Venue's reply:

Leah - you and Tyler are precious and we enjoyed being a part of your wedding day at The Glen. It was so special to us that you incorporated bits of our family's generational history into your day. We are blessed to have you two a part of our Glen Family!
  • Kenzie
    Kenzie K. Married on 03/13/2021

The Glen Venue

The Glen Venue was everything I imagined for our special day. The scenery was magical...from being married outside with the azaleas and their natural beauty to dancing under the twinkle lights on the deck under the stars. The entire day was gorgeous with the best weather we could of asked for. Mrs. LaNell really made me feel a part of the family and was always so helpful from start to finish. She met every need I had and really made us feel valued as costumers. Our day was nothing short of perfect thanks to The Glen Venue! I would highly recommend...such a relief to work with such wonderful people at such a beautiful piece of property with timeless beauty. Thank you Glen Venue!
    Ashton W. Married on 02/27/2021

Beautiful Venue!

We could not have asked for better service. LaNell was so helpful and fun. She made our daughter’s wedding so easy.
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 11/14/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The magical, fairytale woodsy wedding I dreamed of

I couldn’t say enough wonderful things about LaNell, her family and The Glen Venue to cover how much love I have for them! I searched far and wide for a charming, woodsy venue here in Florida and I knew from the moment I saw the photos on their blog, I was smitten. It was the only venue we toured before we decided, too. LaNell was charming, sweet and so accommodating throughout the year we planned our wedding. Once COVID hit, we had a lot of questions and concerns that she handled with a phone call, which meant the world to me. She put me at ease and had a solution (or two!) for any situations we could think of, not knowing how the pandemic would be 8 months down the road.

Our wedding was small to begin with (35 guests), but the beautiful outdoor location allowed us to space out the tables, create a route for serving food and getting safely from point A to point B to point C with little to no germs! Her and her family were masked any time they were around, which I really appreciated.

LaNell was easy to communicate with while I planned, brought up concerns that I hadn’t thought of, and made sure my husband and I were taken care of the entire day we were there. They made sure we had everything we needed during set up, helped us find odds and ends we were missing the morning off, and did an amazing job helping us clean up. I honestly cannot say enough about LaNell, her family and the wonderful nursery and venue they lovingly share with the world. It was the most magical day, and better than anything I had dreamed in my head. Thank you so much for helping us have the fairytale wedding we wanted - it was simple, and perfect.

The Glen Venue's reply:

Thank you Brittany for your overwhelming gracious words of love. It was our great joy to serve you and Dylan on the beautiful day of your wedding. May the magic of your fairytale marriage beginnings continue to blossom and grow the reality of a lifetime of loving your soulmate! ~LaNell
    Kayla S. Married on 11/16/2019

Perfect venue, perfect family

I don’t even know where to begin in expressing my gratitude towards this family. From day one, LaNell was the most gracious host. She was helpful in giving advice and ideas and really made us feel at home at her venue. Her and her husband made our wedding day so much easier and the venue itself couldn’t have been more gorgeous. It came with tables so we didn’t have to rent any which is honestly a major bonus. LaNell helped us and our photographers find the best spots for pictures and really took care of us. My husband and I were able to stay in a cabin on the property the night of the wedding which was a very special touch. If I had to do it all over again I would choose the Glen no questions asked.
    Jade Married on 11/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing! Perfect venue for your perfect day!

The Glen Venue is truly a hidden gem! We got married 11/9/19 and it could not have been a more perfect setting. The Mathis House is beautiful and unique, if you are looking for an outside setting. And affordable! LaNell and the crew were awesome to work with day of, and helped in anyway they could to keep things running smooth. Would highly highly recommend this venue! Wish we could relive that day over and over!! :)
  • Silvia
    Silvia M. Married on 10/11/2019

The venue is a paradise

I love every single picture surrounded by nature. First looks in an abandoned greenhouse and old style house from the 1800’s definitely perfect for the vintage look I was looking for! I loved how everything came out! This place is a paradise and my family and friends loved it!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 03/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect venue for our dream wedding!

The Glen venue, Mathis House was perfect for our dream wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The grounds were gorgeous and weather perfect, but what topped it off for us was the time, care, attention, and service we received from the Tabor family. Accommodating through and through. LaNell and Vivien were awesome! We'll definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for one!

The Glen Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us. We are pleased that your wedding was everything you wanted it to be.
    Rita H. Married on 03/16/2019

Cashen wedding

Everything was perfect the day of the 16th. My daughter married her soul mate . The owners of the property were very helpful as well as inviting us to come back anytime to learn more about the history. The coordinator was also so very helpful. She went above and beyond. Highly recommend this venue.
    Megan H. Married on 02/23/2019

Absolutely Amazing Venue

I had such a great experience working with LaNell and the Taber’s. They made every wish come true and were very flexible and professional. I would (and have) recommend this very to every bride i know!
    Kate V. Married on 02/14/2019

Elegant Southern Charm

Everything about this venue was perfect! The owners were very kind and accommodating, and made us feel very welcome. Vivien was very responsive and helpful, easily answering all of our questions. This beautiful southern gem was the perfect backdrop for our wedding!
    Kara R. Married on 01/25/2019

Best Wedding Venue All Around

This wedding venue exceeded our expectations in every way! The staff was so sweet, flexible and willing to help in any way possible to make our wedding day go as smooth as possible! You are able to bring your own venders or use their list. They transport all guests down to the ceremony site if wanted. A staff member transports the bride, groom and photographer wherever they would like to take photos. They have signs placed throughout showing guests where to go, where the bathrooms are, where the ceremony site is. They also have a room filled with decor items that you are welcome to use as well as tables and chairs. I could go on and on raving about this venue! If I could relive my day again, it would certainly be at The Glen Venue! They stand out amongst all other venues!
    Jill W. Married on 11/10/2018

Mother of the Bride

The Glen Venue was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding this past November. My daughter and her now husband loved how the venue highlights the beauty of natural Florida. The historic Mathis house and grounds offered a wonderful location for the ceremony, followed by a fun evening of celebration. The staff/family at the Glen were wonderful to work with start to finish. They did so much to help make the day perfect!
    Sarah Married on 09/22/2018

An absolute dream

Working with LaNell and the Glen Venue was the best decision my husband and I made. Our wedding was an absolute dream. Not only are the grounds and buildings perfect and beautiful, but LaNell was so helpful and kind. She truly made us feel like we were apart of the family. She was extremely responsive and kind. They are flexible and care about each couple who comes there to marry. I can’t say enough about this venue. We only had to look at two venues before deciding. I knew immediately that the Glen was the place I wanted us to begin our life together. You won’t regret picking them as the venue for your wedding either! :)
    Emily Married on 04/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Could not dream up a more beautiful venue. So many gorgeous spots to take photos and the owners are amazing! Loved our "special day" at The Glen!
    Jessica Married on 11/14/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Me & my husband used The Glen Venue for our November 2015 wedding. Not only was the property absolutely georgou, but Maggie and LaNell were so helpful! We rented out the Steele house& cabin both Friday night and Saturday night making it perfect to stay on the property & made us really enjoy our night. The weather was a tad bit cold but it stop anyone! From the first time I contacted Viven about the property, she kept in contact with me and always answered my questions I had within a reasonable time.
    Such sweet people to work with, and such an amazing venue (that's reasonably priced)!

My day was perfect !
    Hannah Married on 10/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Gorgeous property, affordable price, made for the perfect atmosphere! Everyone commented on how peaceful and beautiful the setting was. You have so many options for ceremony and reception, and the price is great. We opted for a vintage-chic feel, though it would be easy to do rustic, shabby-chic, etc. The Mathis house had the perfect antique charm, and the perfect oak tree to do the ceremony under. The venue has some tables to work with, but you will need to rent chairs. Vivien could not have been more pleasant to work with, very gracious and helpful. I highly recommend this wonderful venue!!
    Hailey Married on 05/15/2015

Everything was great!

Everyone was very helpful during the big day!

The Glen Venue's reply:

Tthank you Hailey for writing the review. It is much appreciated. The wedding was beautiful and everyone had a good time.

Vivien
    Cathy Married on 04/04/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    What can I say?! Our wedding was beautiful beyond anything we could have imagined. We rented The Mathis House for our ceremony and reception and The Steele House for the bridal party the night of the wedding. WOW! They were flawless! Our guests could not stop complementing me on how elegant the venue was. The Steele House was fantastic to stay the night---full of history and mystery. Vivien and Maggie really put me at ease knowing that they were on the ball when it came to prepping the property. I would highly recommend The Glen Venue for anyone seeking a country/historic venue at a great value. Thanks again!
illustration stars