The Glen Tavern Inn Reviews

10 | Santa Paula, CA

10 Reviews for The Glen Tavern Inn

• Q

Quincey · Married on 12/30/2017

We looked at dozens of vendors and the Glen Tavern was above and beyond the best vendor for a small-medium intimate and romantic wedding. What we loved was our guests occupied the entire tavern (since it's a small place- around 30+ rooms) so we had the entire place to ourselves, from the outside private ceremony to our cocktail party, the reception and dinner inside, the open bar outside, and ending the evening in the rooms.

Our wedding planner, Kenny, was the most wonderful and helpful planner we could have asked for. He responded immediately when we reached out and was extremely flexible; he made us feel like our wedding was his number one priority.

From helping us with food/ wine tastings, to going over table setups and giving advice to the flow of the evening, to holding my dress before I walked down the aisle, Kenny and the staff at the Glen Tavern Inn went above and beyond to take care of us for our wedding. What I loved is they took care of everything, from catering, to lodging, to every detail of our ceremony and reception, but they were half of the cost of most places and it didn't feel like a typical venue (i.e. it didn't feel like a commercial setting that feels like lots of people get married there- it felt like we were the only ones that had our special day there). I can't say enough wonderful things about them. Anyone would be lucky and blessed to celebrate their wedding day here.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Carlos · Married on 10/31/2015

I recently got married at the Glen Tavern Inn on Halloween and not only was the venue/hotel/ceremony amazing, but the staff was amazing as well! They were able to answer any and all questions that we had leading up to the wedding. The day of the wedding, Iliana was on site and point with anything that my bride and I needed. I also has several family and friends book rooms at the hotel (awesome rates, btw!) We definitely made the right choice by going with Glen Tavern! Not to mention the hotel's historical past and ghostly legends, it was only right to have our Halloween wedding here! We'd like to especially thank Iliana, Pearl, Dustin and Rosanna (the owner).

Sent on 11/18/2015

Leticia · Married on 10/22/2016

We had my Dads 80th birthday party. We would use this facility for another occasion! Everything turned out perfect.
    Everyone there was very nice and accommodating..

Sent on 11/28/2016

The Glen Tavern Inn's reply:

Leticia we feel so lucky to have hosted such a special event for your family! Thank you for your very kind words, and for taking the time to write us a review. We can't wait to have you and your family back here for another event, celebrating another milestone!

Connie · Married on 12/31/2017

3.5

I got married 12/31/17 and was very impressed by the set up, the professionalism and friendly staff ready to help in any way. I would love to have our Anniversary party there because I know everything will be handled and I would not have to worry about a thing. All of our friends and families said this was definitely the wedding of year! Made me very proud so THANK YOU!!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Connie,

It was our honor and pleasure to have you get married at our venue! We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience and hope to see you again in the future. We greatly appreciate your business and wish you all the lvoe and success in your future together!

With Love,
    Kenny Johnson

Lorena · Married on 09/24/2016

The Glen is a great venue for a wedding. We were able to plan our wedding in just four months and it was absolutely beautiful. Out of town guests stayed in the rooms and loved the history surrounding the Inn. We had approximately 120 guests and it was perfect. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Our photos were stunning with the beautiful garden and in the evening the candle lit tables and strung lighting was gorgeous. Many compliments on the meal as well. I definitely recommend this venue for first timers as well as second timers like us.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Christine · Married on 10/03/2015

This was a fantastic venue for our wedding. We were really pleased with the use of the outdoor and indoor spaces, that ours was the only wedding at the venue and that our guests were able to spend the night at the wedding location if they chose to (which many did). The owners are super sweet, the food was delicious and the staff was very helpful. A few drawbacks: some issues with plumbing (the toilet in the bride's room flooded while we were getting ready and others in the hotel had cold showers) and the venue didn't let the guests know the wine and beer at the reception were complimentary, so many guests unknowingly ordered cocktails instead and we were left with 11 bottles of wine and likely a half-full keg.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Great place to have a wedding. This venue is super affordable and is really beautiful.. They also have some really great food options. They try their best to do everything you ask for. The only issue we had with this venue was occasionally we would try to get in contact with the vendor and couldn't get an answer right away but this rarely happened. As well as the day of the wedding they didn't make enough food for my guests (even though a good amount of my guests didn't show up and their staff served everyone) so they had to wait while they made more food for them but it came out quick. The staff was super nice and professional. Overall I loved having my wedding here and I would definitely not change a thing about it.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Michaela · Married on 08/03/2008

This is a beautiful location. We had our wedding just weeks after the completion of their renovation, and we were beyond satisfied. Ask to see the penthouse, it is one of the best suites I've ever stayed in. The staff is great, every last detail we requested was completed graciously. I wanted a venue with character, not just another ballroom. The lobby was the perfect backdrop for our photos. Great job, thanks again, everyone!!

Sent on 02/22/2009

The Glen Tavern Inn's reply:

Thank you! We enjoyed your event just as much as you did!

Monica

Kristen · Married on 10/29/2016

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

The wedding process started rough as there was little communication and nothing was really explained, but half way through the process there was a change in event coordinators and then things were so much better. Communication was quick and things were explained much better. Some of the things we were previously told were not correct, but the new event coordinator honored what we were previously told. Beautiful venue, wonderful staff. My wedding was perfect.

Sent on 11/26/2016

2.2
      3.0
      2.0

Had a beatiful unique venue for my wedding and friendly staff, however food was horrible and ran out before all guest were served.

Sent on 11/03/2015