The Glen Sanders Mansion Reviews

102 Reviews for The Glen Sanders Mansion

• Alysha

Alysha · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Perfect venue

The Glen Sanders has it all. The entire staff are experts at giving you the perfect day. We were lucky enough to be the first wedding held with the new renovations and it was the most perfect day. All of our guests couldn’t stop talking about the fabulous food and the new staircase made an incredible entrance for myself as a bride. Maria, Lesley, and Linda made sure everything was perfect and we had everything we could ever need. I would never think of having our wedding elsewhere.

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Bonaker · Married on 11/22/2019

Beautiful Venue and Magical Experience

The Glen Sanders Mansion is the most beautiful wedding venue! With recent renovations, the lobby and staircase became the focal point of my pictures and ceremony. The entire place was breathtaking! The team of people I worked with to my my wedding so special were also amazing! Maria and Andrea helped plan my day and provided advice and answered any questions that I had. Leslie was the manager and ran out rehearsal and was there for us throughout the day of our wedding. She was so nice and helped make everything run so smoothly. Every single staff member from the first day we visited the mansion throughout the morning after our wedding was extremely accommodating, so nice and kind, helpful, and got us and our family anything we needed. I was so happy and not stressed throughout the entire process because I knew I was in such good hands.
    We were able to get ready in their beautiful hospitality suite and Mohawk room, had our ceremony in the lobby, the reception in the ballroom and after party in The Lounge downstairs! Where else are you able to have all of that in one place?!
    I also loved the fact that not only my husband and I were able to stay at the mansion, but there were 17 rooms that my bridal party and close family were able to stay in. The innkeeper, Cara, was so nice and helpful. She was beyond accommodating and even ran out to get gluten free muffins and bread for our aunt!

The Glen Sanders Mansion was amazing and if you are looking for a beautiful, newly renovated venue with an amazing view, amazing and accommodating staff and a stress-free experience, you need to book your wedding there! I definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing Staff and Perfect Day

The best word to describe our experience with The Glen Sanders Mansion and every single person we encountered during the process is perfection. We had the pleasure of working with Samantha, Maria, and Andrea during our planning process, with Andrea focused on the final months and details. At our final meeting, we were impressed with our day-of coordinator (event manager), Lesley’s amount of detail, dedication to understanding how we wanted our wedding to flow, and ensuring every detail was addressed. Each item we requested set up by GSM was in its exact spot, even better than we imagined. When it came time to the reception, Lesley did an amazing job of coordinating with all of our vendors, communicating with us, and allowing us to have a stress-free, ahead of schedule, absolute blast at our wedding. Day of, we were lucky to work with Kiersten as our Bridal Attendant. From the moment we walked in, she greeted us, helped set up the hospitality suite upstairs, and made sure everyone in our party was well fed and hydrated. Throughout the course of the night, Kiersten was always present, yet invisible. She would magically appear with a drink when you were thirsty, some food when you were hungry, and ask what else she could do to make the night even better. In terms of service for our guests, Raz was the service captain for the waiters. After talking to our guests, every filet was perfectly seasoned and cooked, every meal was served on time and hot, and there was not a single hiccup all night. Cocktail hour food and drinks were beautifully displayed, delicious and between the beautiful patio overlooking the river and the option of having overflow to the lobby in front of the new gorgeous fireplace, there was plenty of tables and seating for our 200+ guests to sit and eat their food. The guests and us were impressed with how delicious the cake was and decorated perfectly as to our requests. We highly recommend GSM if you want a beautiful, stress-free wedding where you want your guests to rave about the food, drink, and service. After the recent renovations, the ballroom looks amazing, the bars were painted white for a fresh modern look, and the new foyer, staircase, and fireplace are stunning for photographs.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Courtney · Married on 11/09/2019

Glen Sanders

We were so happy with Matt and Leslie who took care of us the day of the wedding! Andrea and Maria were great to work with while planning for the big day! The food and the atmosphere were everything we could’ve hoped for our wedding! Guests are still raving about the evening that took place on November 9th of this year! I would highly recommend having an event at Glen Sanders!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Tarra

Tarra · Married on 10/25/2019

October 25, 2019

Where to even begin? Our entire experience with Glen Sanders was phenomenal from start to finish!! From the entire planning process with Maria and Andrea down to the day-of help from Maki and Lesley everything far exceeded our expectations! The food was phenomenal (as we knew it would be), the staff made sure our ceremony (that was held in half of the ballroom) went seamlessly! Maki was incredible and always made sure that we had a drink in our hand, and all of our guests praised the venue and their experience! The best part was that they sent us home with left over food and cupcakes which we were able to enjoy again over the weekend!!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Abby

Abby Hutton · Married on 10/13/2019

Incredible Service!!

We had our wedding ceremony, reception, after party, and next morning breakfast at the Glen Sanders Mansion. I'd like to review all items individually:
    Ceremony: the lobby is an absolutely beautiful location. The entire venue has recently been renovated, but the lobby has a brand new staircase and just a gorgeous view. We loved it!
    Reception: the ballroom is equally beautiful, but I really want to talk about how over-the-top wonderful our service was. Maria and Andrea did an amazing job listening to our vision and helping us achieve it. We worked with Lesley and Maki the day of the wedding, and OMG they made the day so easy for me. Some of the best service I've ever experienced in my life - especially Maki our personal attendant. For instance, my dress bustle broke in two places and she sewed it for me!!
    After party - we had our after party in the lounge and had a slider bar. The food was delicious (as was all of it the entire evening), and we were able to use the outdoor fire pits that overlook the Mohawk River. The entire day was just beautiful.
    Breakfast - wonderful food, wonderful service.

The Glen Sanders also has 19 rooms (17 rooms + 2 suites) that our guests were able to stay in. We had a lot of out-of-town guests so this was great to have everyone stay on site. In all, our day was made extra special by the staff at the Glen Sanders. I couldn't recommend them more!!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • kalie

kalie · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful wedding

Everything was perfect, we wouldn’t have changed anything. Venue is absolutely stunning.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Elizabeth Clarke · Married on 09/14/2019

Incredible place to have your wedding

Let me start by saying, even 3 weeks later I am still awed by my experience with Glen Sanders and how magical our wedding weekend was. Where do I start, first off, the venue renovations are absolutely beautiful, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the event planners/managers are so organized and bring a sense of calm to the frenetic nature of the weekend. Being the bride, you get some extra special treatment in general, but the staff of Glen Sanders went out of their way for all our guests. I also highly recommend having your family and friends rent out all 19 hotel rooms. There are enough common spaces, where people can gather informally and enjoy one another's company without having to be in a hotel room.
    Andrea and Lesly, our event planners, were a great team, and took last minute logistics and set up off our hands, which was a welcome surprise. They walked through the day, asked lots of questions to ensure our vision was met and help us fill in gaps we missed. They did so much behind the scenes to ensure the evening went off without a hitch. I was not stressed at all the day of, and got to fully enjoy every moment of it.
    This review is already too long, but it is worth mentioning the quality and spread of food, wow. Everything was so amazing, and I loved getting a small portion of each meal, in addition to the incredible passed and stationary hors d'oeuvres. The cake was also delicious. Lastly, you can have the after party on-site, downstairs in the Lounge, which is part of the old mansion structure and super cozy and fun. If you’re still with me, have your wedding here, rent out the whole mansion, because why not?! And I hope you have the incredible experience that we did 😊

Sent on 10/05/2019

lauren wasilchuk · Married on 06/21/2019

Best of the best!

The Glen Sanders is nothing short of perfect. Between the Mazzone Hospitality staff and the finished renovations, this venue is the king of weddings! Everyone there made my wedding day go smoothly, especially Andrea and Leslie who helped me plan the wedding from start to finish and was there for me every step of the way. I highly recommend the Glen Sanders Mansion to anyone who is looking for a classy and elegant wedding with all the bells nd whistles added! I love this place!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 06/14/2019

What dreams are made of

Glen sanders was not on our venue list in the beginning due to people saying it was “too expensive”. However after seeing other venues for more money with less amenities our decision practically makes itself. The Glen Sanders Mansion had the complete package, from rooms for family to stay close all the way to a “under ground bar” to continue the party after the wedding was over. Glen Sanders Mansion has every box checked.

Maria DeMartino was our wedding coordinator from the start and she really sold us on the mansion and everything that came with it. When we first met her she seemed so focused in on exactly what my husband and I were picturing for our wedding day. She made us feel like we were family and she was going to take care of us just like our own mothers would. She was very knowledgeable and focused on every detail of our wedding. After we chose the mansion for our wedding, Glen sanders went through a large renovation of the outdoor ceremony space and lobby area. Not one time were we worried. Maria kept us in the loop and calm the whole way, while constantly talking positively about her place of business and our wedding day. As it turns out, the renovations were so beautiful and made our day better than we ever imagined! I do not think we could have had the wedding we did without Maria’s support and contagious optimism. Her knowledge was priceless to us.

When it came down to the wedding week we had our final meeting where we met our wedding assistant Lesley Pistilli for the first time. She was beyond helpful. We had so many questions during the final meeting and not one time did she hesitate to answer every question we had. She was so happy to get to know us and our wedding plans. She was very calming and both of us felt like everything was under control. We left that meeting knowing Lesley had everything under control. During the wedding day she was always right there making sure our day was perfect minute by minute. Even when my husband was stressing about the details, Lesley stayed calm and kept him calm. Through out the night Lesley kept checking in making sure we were happy. Our perfect night could not have happened without her.

Another important person was Maki, our personal wedding day assistant. She was so bubbly and happy the whole day, constant popping up checking in making sure we had drinks, food, and even repairing bridal party dresses. She was the perfect person to make you smile and laugh through what seemed like the busiest day our of lives thus far. Maki made every moment count and never let us miss a thing.

Hands down Glen Sanders Mansion surpassed every expectation we had and made our day a dream. Every penny we spent which really was quite a deal for the amount we go from them was worth EVERYTHING. The most impressive part about the venue were the little details. Weddings go by so quickly and we felt like so many things past too fast. To our surprise when we returned to our suite after the reception, we found a display set up with slices of our wedding cake and pastries from our Italian cookie table (which we hadn’t gotten to try!) It was so thoughtful and we were completely shocked by the small detail that went so far. They just kept surprising us and making us feel like royalty. My husband and I absolutely recommend this venue for every engaged couple out there! They will make your dreams come true

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • User4652030 · Recently married

We had our wedding reception here in the beginning of May, and I can not say enough good things about Glen Sanders Mansion. Not only is the venue absolutely beautiful, but the staff was so wonderful to work with, especially Maria. She always got back to me right away, and always put me at ease with any questions or concerns

Sent on 05/25/2015

Brittany · Married on 11/09/2018

Glen Sanders is the BEST

The Glen Sanders Mansion is the BEST. The minute we met with Maria DeMartino and saw the venue we knew we had to have our wedding there. The venue is absolutely stunning. Maria is amazing to work with. She walked us through everything up until the big day, responding quickly to our emails. She is extremely professional. She and her team are unbelievably organized. The day of our wedding went so smoothly. Her team took care of absolutely everything - Lesley and Alissa made sure everything went just as we planned! The food is outstanding and their service is just as good. We are so thrilled that we had our big day there. It was such a memorable day. Thank you to the entire Glen Sanders Mansion team that made our day a dream come true!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Sally Schreiber · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing job!

I can't say enough about the AMAZING job the Glen Sanders did with our wedding! The food was superb, the service was impeccable, the price for what we received was outstanding! The staff is helpful, professional, accommodating, flexible and so kind and friendly you feel like family is taking care of you. I would and will be recommending them to everyone!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa D · Married on 10/19/2018

The Perfect Venue

We had our ceremony and wedding at The Glen Sanders Mansion and had the best experience. The entire team consistently went above and beyond our expectations allowing us to feel relaxed and taken care of at our wedding. With all of the effort that goes into planning it is a relief to have a wedding venue and its entire staff that you know can absolutely count on. Maria, Lesley, and Maki were a dream team and we are forever grateful. Thank you!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Paul · Married on 10/12/2018

Best night of our lives

Words cannot describe the amazing experience we had at Glen Sanders. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, their staff may be the nicest people in the world, the food is absolutely amazing and it was a wonderful experience for everyone involved. They wedding was absolutely perfect, everything went off without a hitch and they took all the stress out of planning a wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the facility, food, staff and experience. I can promise that you will not be disappointed with them and their work. They made our day exactly what we want and we will never forget it.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

Five stars isn’t enough to give for the amazing staff and service for our wedding on 8/31/18. Maria DeMartino passed the torch to Leslie and Maki for the evening and it was FLAWLESS. Leslie made it a point to communicate openly with us and Maki was essentially a superhero, saving the day by sewing my mother’s dress and fixing some issues with my husband’s tuxedo. I can’t say enough about the staff. They worked with our florist and designer and check out the non-professional photos (will share more soon!) from how the ballroom turned out.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Debbie · Married on 08/18/2018

From our first meeting with Maria until we walked out the door the day after our son's wedding, we couldn't have asked for anything more from her or any staff member. Maria made the whole planning process so easy and led us through the entire process effortless. Manny worked with us at the rehearsal and day of the wedding. He was fun, energetic yet professional at all times. He checked in with us many times to make sure everything was perfect. Linda went above and beyond in making sure that all of Nick & Christina's needs were met. The food was plentiful and delicious and the entire facility was perfectly manicured. Wish we could repeat the entire event!!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kathleen · Married on 08/10/2018

We booked Glen Sanders after attending a wedding there in the past. We are hearing from everyone that we had one of the best weddings ever and it is thanks to the staff at Glen Sanders specifically Maria, Lesley, and Maki who is a God sent. The food is phenomenal as well as the service. We we're lucky enough to get married outside and it was beautiful. We also really enjoyed the Gand tasting that was offered to us as it allowed us to try all of the different food options and meet with other couples getting married at Glen Sanders so that we can all share ideas. Our day ran beyond smooth and it is thanks to all the staff who are highly organized.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Megan Pawlak · Married on 06/29/2018

Great Experience

always dreamed of having my wedding outside. With having the ceremony outside there is the risk of rain. I wanted a venue that had multiple spaces where we could have the reception, cocktail hour and ceremony all in different areas if it rained. Glen Sanders provided that and so much more. We were able to have the ceremony outside by the river. We did have a concern because they had redone the patio and ceremony site a few weeks before our wedding. Maria was super accomodating and told us to stop by to get an idea of the layout. When we saw the layout we discussed with her that we were concerned that my future father-in-law would not be able to see much of the ceremony because he is in a wheelchair. She reiterated that he would be able to see with no issues and not to worry. Two days before our wedding we had our final meeting with Maria and she surprised us with letting us use the golf cart free of charge to transport him down to the ceremony site. It was the greatest feeling in the world to know that my father-in-law would be able to sit through the ceremony with everyone else. Maria was very easy to work with and provided different options for cocktail hour, dinner and the dessert station. We could not have been happier with Maria, Leslie (our wedding coordinator for the day) and Maki. Everything was taken care of for us, our bridal party, and our parents. They made sure we did not have to worry about anything. If we could do it all again we would definitely work with the staff at The Glen Sanders Mansion.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Diana · Married on 05/04/2018

We would choose the Glen Sanders Mansion again and again for our wedding! Every bride and groom should be so lucky to have the same great experience we did. Everything was just perfect and it’s not easy to have a “perfect” wedding day. We looked at a lot of wedding venues and GSM met and exceeded all our expectations and still fell within our budget. The “Dream Date” weddings are the best deal in town. We got married in spring, so slightly outside peak season, but had the best experience at GSM. It was seriously mind-blowing that we could afford everything we received. The drinks were amazing and there was so much tasty food. The venue was so well organized and so well managed.

Maria is a dream. We trusted her knowledge and opinion and she helped us so much with the planning process. Our day of coordinator and personal attendants were amazing. They handled every little detail and made sure we had everything we needed. My attendant even helped me bustle my gown, fixed my hair and ran back and forth to my suite to deliver and pick up things I needed (and I’m not one to ask for these things). The entire staff was so helpful and we didn’t have to worry about a thing!

The grounds were still recovering from a very rough winter and a very cold spring but the pictures came out great. There are so many options for photography right on site and we didn’t have to worry about running around town or transporting our wedding party.

Having everything we needed right on site was exactly what we wanted. We had our ceremony on site and then quickly transitioned to cocktail hour followed by the reception. Our wedding party and families were able to stay on site and we enjoyed having the bridal suite just upstairs. We loved having a spot for an after party right on site and it was just such a fun time. We can't say enough great things about Glen Sanders Mansion, we’d highly recommend it!

Sent on 07/27/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 04/28/2018

Our wedding day could not have gone better at Glen Sanders. The food, cake, atmosphere and lighting was just absolutely amazing. Maria DeMartino, the wedding coordinator, was fabulous from the start to the end. She is a connoisseur! Maki, the "personal attendant" was accommodating. You are greatly appreciated Maki! A special thank you to Lucien for making everything run smoothly! All of our wedding guests had a great time. Thank you again Glen Sanders for making our wedding reception out of this world! Trey & Andrea

Sent on 05/10/2018

Samantha · Married on 02/24/2018

I don't even know where to start...Glen Sanders Mansion and their AMAZING crew blew me away on my wedding day. Maria and Leslie are simply amazing. They ensure your wedding night is flawless. We have family and friends still commenting on how beautiful our wedding was and how delicious the food was. 5 stars just isn't enough!!!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Cara · Married on 02/16/2018

The Glen Sanders provides such an amazing experience, It was truly our dream wedding. Their hospitality and service was beyond perfect. They are so detailed in the planning that the day before my wedding I literally had nothing to do but relax and be excited for the big day. Our wedding was in the winter so we had a lot of family staying at the Glen Sanders and they all loved it as well.
    Maria helped us to schedule and plan the details ahead of time. Anyone who has met her knows how incredible she is. Leslie set up the decorations and made sure everything was perfect. And of course, it looked amazing! Maki was there assisting the bridal party on that day and sewed up a broken bridesmaid dress in less than 5 minutes! On the wedding day, everything went so smoothly. When you have your wedding at the Glen Sanders you really do get a memorable experience.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/21/2017

We are so happy that we chose glen Sanders to have our ceremony and reception. Glen Sanders was decorated beautifully for the holidays,staff was fantastic from beginning to end. Planning everything was so easy

Sent on 12/23/2017

Mariam · Married on 12/16/2017

Before the wedding the were very helpful and accomodating. Everything i asked for they assisted me with. They day of the wedding put them over the top and I wish I could give them highter than a 5/5. I have never experienced such amazing service. Any time I mentioned something I had to check on or something I forgot, they took it right out of my hands and fixed the situation. Saying they accommodated for our allergies is an understatement as well, they went over the top to make us feel special. Our guests raved about the food and the service as well! Im so happy that their staff was attentive and friendly.

Sent on 12/27/2017