The Glastonbury Boathouse Reviews

The Glastonbury Boathouse 6
The Glastonbury Boathouse 7

Chelsey Carducci · Getting married on 10/22/2020

Venue review

One of my top choices, beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Danielle Baker · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Venue

Working with Kristen was fantastic - she was always very responsive to emails and answered all questions (and I had a lot, especially toward the end). The Boathouse was such a beautiful venue - I had so many guests comment on how great the location was. I absolutely loved the water views, upper covered deck, and the indoor space (especially with the addition of string lights across the ceiling). I think the price is very reasonable for such a nice place, compared to others I considered. I highly recommend this venue! The only thing you have to think about (and make clear to guests) is parking, since a lot of the main parking lot gets filled by people with boats, and then guests have to park in the "overflow" parking area.

Sent on 09/06/2019

The Glastonbury Boathouse's reply:

Thank you Danielle! We're so glad you and your guests enjoyed your experience. Wishing you all the best and hope you're enjoying life as newlyweds! :)

Laurel · Married on 12/16/2018

Beautiful, affordable, and easy

The boathouse was an absolutely beautiful space for our indoor winter wedding and reception. They decorate the boathouse for the holiday season automatically, and we kept most of their decorations (for free!) in addition to adding our own. They even worked with us to blend their decoration style with the theme for our wedding (changing up some of the colors they typically use). The room is large, airy, and bright. There was plenty of room for our ceremony and reception (think 70 guests). There are great places for pictures outdoors, with the water or even the boathouse itself as a backdrop. Kristen was very responsive and easy to work with. The caterers were very flexible and helped us design a luncheon even though they do not specialize in luncheons for weddings. We had a lovely experience at a very affordable price tag. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Heather · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Location!

We fell in love with this location the minute we saw pictures online! We went to visit and knew this was the perfect location. It is perfect, lots of windows, natural light, and a beautiful view. We held our short and sweet ceremony down by the water, where our guests had plenty of room. Cocktail hour on the upper deck and had plenty of room for our guests in the dining room, along with a huge dance floor and room for our photo booth!

Sent on 11/01/2018

The Glastonbury Boathouse's reply:

Thank you for the review, Heather! We're so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness in your marriage :)
  • Q

Quincy · Married on 06/23/2018

From the very beginning, I knew I was going to love the Boathouse because it had a calendar of available dates on the website (a pro for someone like me who hates calling/emailing strangers) and a blank canvas for decor. When looking for a venue, my biggest priority was to get away from the stuffy ballrooms and ornate carpeting that Connecticut venues tend to have, and the Boathouse was perfect. So light and airy and open! I'd never actually been inside it until my wedding day, and was blown away at the space (would highly recommend adding strands of lights on the ceiling). It ended up raining during the ceremony and we had to move to the upper deck, but that didn't stop guests from loving the beautiful river view. We had so much fun, and in such a stunning space—I only wish I'd had time to enjoy the venue itself longer! Kristen was a dream to work with, always so kind in answering my millions of questions (planning a wedding from afar is no joke). She is a true expert, and helped me work with my vendors to have what was truly a beautiful day. I would not have wanted to have my wedding at any other venue.

Sent on 07/08/2018
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 8
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 9
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 10

The Glastonbury Boathouse's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Quincy. We're so happy to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful day and appreciate the feedback on the availability calendar! Wishing you both many, many years of marital bliss :)

Janelle · Married on 03/11/2016

This was the perfect spot for our reception! We lucked out with great weather on the day of our wedding in March and took advantage of the stunning views and waterfront. For the price it can't be beat with hotels right around the corner for guests to stay at. Don't let the fear of having catering separate deter you. The list of approved catering vendors is perfect and within MANY different price points. They are very accommodating and this should be a stop on your list of places to check out - it's a hidden gem!

Sent on 02/16/2017
  • F

Francesca · Married on 06/10/2017

I got married here last summer and absolutely loved this venue!! The planner was easy to work with and the price is amazing. The building photographs really well inside and out. Having the deck for cocktail hour was perfect. I highly recommend this place!

Sent on 06/24/2018
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 11
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 12
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 13
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 14

The Glastonbury Boathouse's reply:

Thank you so much, Francesca! We're so glad to hear you had a great experience with us and hope you had a great one year anniversary! Wishing you and your husband a lifetime of happiness. :)
  • Kait

Kait · Married on 06/29/2019

2.0
      2.0

June wedding review

I will start by saying the Boathouse is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful location to have a wedding. The ceremony location along the river is amazing and the river views from the deck are breathtaking. Our guests loved the deck and spent most of the night out there. We had an incredible sunset which made for great pictures. The reception area has plenty of room and is an open canvas for how you want to decorate.

Unfortunately, we had a less than desirable experience with the Boathouse staff member who was there the night of our wedding. We had the boathouse rented until midnight and rented it an hour earlier in the day so our vendors had adequate time to set up. The boathouse representative turned all of the lights on at 11:30pm, brought out trash cans on the dance floor while our guests were still dancing and went over to the DJ multiple times to cut the music (he was under impression he had until midnight).

After being rushed out we accidentally forgot the arch we used for the ceremony as it was in the back of the boathouse out of sight. My husband received a call on our wedding night and was told by the same staff member we had to remove the arch immediately as there was an 8am baby shower there (later found out this was a lie). My husband apologized and expressed that he would be back within 10 minutes or less to get it. The boathouse member responded "great, I would hate for you to lose your security deposit."

I do not regret having my wedding at the Boathouse as the location and building are beautiful. Just unfortunate the staff are less than great to work with.

Sent on 07/13/2019
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 15
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 16
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 17
    The Glastonbury Boathouse 18

The Glastonbury Boathouse's reply:

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you had a beautiful wedding day.

We sincerely apologize for the issues with the staff member on site that evening and appreciate your bringing it to our attention. We have spoken with our Building Supervisor and your caterer to address these concerns and to reinforce better communication about the rental time frame. Because our structure requires clients to contract separately with the venue and their preferred caterer, we advise our couples to reserve concurrent reservations with both vendors to ensure a smooth transition from the reception to the breakdown time period. Unfortunately, in this unique situation there was a discrepancy between the contracted times for the two vendors, which should have been addressed prior to your wedding night. Going forward, we will more proactively communicate this throughout the entire planning process. We truly apologize for any stress and inconvenience that it may have caused for you and your guests. We appreciate your business and that you chose us to be a part of your special day. Wishing you and your new husband all the best in the years to come.