The Gin at Hidalgo Falls Reviews

8 Reviews for The Gin at Hidalgo Falls

• Kristin

Kristin Moszkowicz · Married on 10/03/2020

Mrs. Moszkowicz

THIS VENUE IS PERFECT! My husband and I got married here in October and we couldn’t be more happy! This venue was beautiful, incredible and SO much more. I knew it was the perfect place for us to get married at! The over night accommodations were AMAZING! Laura and Carly were so nice to work with! They were so helpful and hands on with everything. The scenery was spectacular and every where you looked, you saw so much beauty that this place holds. 10/10 will definitely recommend this venue to everyone. The Gin will hold such a special place in our hearts and we are forever thankful ❤️

Sent on 10/10/2020

The Gin at Hidalgo Falls's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristin! You were such a stunning bride, and we're so glad to hear you had such a wonderful day! It was truly a pleasure to work with you and your family, and we want to thank YOU for choosing us and allowing us to be a part of your big day. Congratulations! We wish you and Dustin many, many years of happiness!

Darby Bennett · Married on 06/27/2020

Everything was perfect!

I had my wedding at the Gin at Hidalgo Falls on June 27, 2020. Even amid all the Covid craziness, it was incredible! I was originally set to get married there on May 16, 2020. After hearing about all the venues that wouldn’t allow their brides to reschedule, I was worried. However, within minutes of texting Laura, she responded saying that there would be no date change fee. Shifting the date to June 27 was SO easy. Laura and Carly have been so accommodating, and really made this experience so much better for us. The Gin is also BEAUTIFUL and the layout is really conducive to events. The bathrooms, grooms suite, and bridal suite were all perfect. The bridal suite has excellent artificial and natural lighting, plenty of space for getting ready, and the little kitchenette is adorable! We also loved that there were plenty of beds available, as the flower girls desperately needed a nap on that long day! The fields around the venue were full of sunflowers, which was a huge hit with not only myself, but also with the gusts! The aesthetic was perfect, the employees were incredibly helpful; I’d choose to have my wedding there every time!

Sent on 07/06/2020

The Gin at Hidalgo Falls's reply:

Thank you so much, Darby! We're so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL and you were STUNNING in the sunflowers! We wish you and Scott the very best as you begin your new life together!
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Weimer · Married on 03/07/2020

The perfect venue!

I had my wedding at the Gin at Hidalgo Falls on July 3, 2020. Everything about the Gin is absolutely perfect. The venue is beautiful all on its own and the bride/groom suites are to die for. From the first time we stepped foot in the venue, we knew it was the perfect place for us and our wedding. The location is so peaceful and secluded. We decided to have our overnight accommodations in College Station. The 25-minute drive was not an issue at all. All of our guests still can’t stop talking about how amazing the venue was. We were lucky to have sunflowers surrounding the property due to the time of year. They made for a beautiful backdrop! We decided to have our ceremony in front of the two old silos rather than the traditional ceremony site and it was a huge hit with our guests. The Gin at Hidalgo Falls is so unique and unlike any other wedding venue. It is also priced well! Laura and Carly were so sweet and helpful during the planning process and wedding day. I loved the All Seated program that allowed us to easily design our wedding layout with our coordinator. Overall, our wedding day was absolutely perfect and better than we had ever dreamed, even with COVID! I would 100% recommend The Gin at Hidalgo Falls. A huge thank you to Laura and family!!

Sent on 07/14/2020

The Gin at Hidalgo Falls's reply:

Cynthia, thank you so much for your feedback! It was our pleasure, and we're so happy to hear that you had a perfect day! The Silos ceremony turned out so beautiful!! Congratulations again to you and Austin, we wish you guys all the best!
  • Billy

Billy · Married on 01/02/2020

Book This Venue IMMEDIATELY - They're Amazing

We got married on January 2nd, but we booked the Gin way back in 2018 (we were paying for our own wedding and had to save up for a bit!). The pricing was unbelievably reasonable and the fact we had it on a Thursday meant it was an even better rate! We were planning the event from way out of state, and Laura was absolutely incredible with how responsive, friendly, and flexible she was with our extended planning process. We got to tour several times whenever we could make it down there to visit, she set us up on All-Seated and let us customize our layout down to the tiniest detail.
    We tend to be on the creative side with things we like to do, and she rolled with every crazy idea we threw her way, helping us make each of them a reality. On the day of, she helped us rally through a torrential downpour, a switch to our rain plan, and a complete room flip in a mere 20 minutes. You couldn't ask for a better contact.
    For the venue itself, we really appreciated that is was a beautiful blank slate for us to work with, from the wide open patios, to the main building, to the outdoor ceremony site options (plural), we had free reign to really make our wedding personal to us. Having the suites from the parties and our own private accommodations was EXACTLY what we needed the day of. We had 14 people in our party (7 on each side), and they weren't cramped and loved having their own private areas, especially showers! For us, we absolutely loved having our own space to get ready, to keep our dogs (away from the loud insanity that was the reception) and to just take a breather in when we needed it throughout the day.
    The venue is just far enough away from civilization to give you some peace, quiet, and natural beauty, but not so far that shuttle services and limos cant get you/guests can't drive safely.
    All in all, we couldn't be more happy with our experience with the Gin. They were an incredible venue and are the main reason our day was as incredible as it was.

Sent on 01/11/2020

The Gin at Hidalgo Falls's reply:

Alex & Billy - thank you so much for your kind words. And for allowing us to be part of your love story. We're just so happy for you two and that you had such a beautiful (despite the weather!) day. Wishing you both all the best!
  • Claire

Claire Allen · Married on 10/26/2019

Would 100% Recommend!!

My husband and I got married on October 26th of 2019, and booked this venue about a year ago - right after the Gin had opened for weddings. The aesthetic was EXACTLY what I was looking for, and Laura basically had put my vision of the perfect venue to life! My husband and I really liked the history of the place, and the fact that it was such a wide-open space. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and the views are breathtaking. We were lucky that some of the cotton was still out for our outside ceremony near the end of October.. If you love cotton like I do, this is the place for you! It's BEAUTIFUL, and I was even able to take some of my bridal portraits in the cotton.
    Laura was extremely responsive to my endless questions, and was always available for anything I needed. She was amazing to work with! We had two guests (children) with special needs at our wedding (using wheelchairs and walkers), and their parents were impressed with the accessibility of the venue, including the restrooms! The only concern they had was the lack of handicapped parking.
    What I liked most about the venue was the unique layout, with the huge wrap-around patios. We had a lot of kids at our wedding, and the kids were able to run and play on the patio safely near their parents. The patios are so expansive, and I was also able to utilize the patio space for some of our tables (gifts, sign in, etc). This extra space was VERY helpful when planning a party for 250 guests!
    Laura provided tables and chairs for our reception, and benches outside for our ceremony. The chairs and tables were setup prior to our event based on a layout that I provided to Laura. This was AWESOME and really helpful for my coordinator!! We ended up booking the overnight accommodations, which was a true blessing. I loved that this was an option for us; we were able to take our time cleaning up that night, and pack up the next morning.
    Also.. the lighting in the bridal suite is phenomenal, girls! My photographer and makeup girl were ALL about it!
    Our wedding day was perfect, and I got so many compliments on how unique our venue was. I would 100% recommend the Gin! Thank you, Laura & family, for playing such a HUGE part in our special day! It was a pleasure working with you!

Sent on 10/29/2019

The Gin at Hidalgo Falls's reply:

Thank you so much, Claire! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful day and experience. And we do sincerely apologize for the lack of handicapped parking and any inconvenience this caused. We are actually currently working on getting these spaces marked, and we appreciate your feedback on it. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this special time in your lives! Congratulations, and best wishes for a lifetime of love!

Lesa Anz · Married on 07/27/2019

Fabulous!!

We had my daughter’s wedding at The Gin at Hidalgo Falls. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Everything went smoothly; the staff was very helpful, and they were always available when needed.

Sent on 01/29/2020

The Gin at Hidalgo Falls's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback! You and Kelli and the entire family were so awesome to work with, and it makes me so happy to hear you enjoyed everything. Best wishes to the beautiful couple for a lifetime of love!
  • Morgan

Morgan Aragon · Married on 07/04/2019

Perfect Venue People Will Talk About Forever

This venue is incredible! My husband and I got married here on July 4, 2019 and it was more than we could have ever imagined. Laura nailed the aesthetic in both the bride’s and groom’s quarters. There is another cabin attached to the office that is perfect for grandparents and others to get ready during the day. We love the history behind the Gin and the fact that Laura repurposed it into a wedding venue. Our guests have done nothing but raved about how gorgeous the venue was. If you’re looking for a quiet, industrial (but still soft and feminine) venue, this place is PERFECT.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Rhonda

Rhonda Brock · Getting married on 01/06/2021

Def Book the Gin at Hidalgo Falls!

We had my daughter's wedding at The Gin at Hidalgo Falls on 6/13/2020 and it was FABULOUS (even though it was in the middle of a pandemic, COVID 19)!
    During the planning process, Laura and Carly were willing to let us pop in as needed when we had planning and layout questions and I cannot tell you how many times they updated the layout on "All Seated" to accommodate the ever changing environment and number of guest regulations due to COVID. That said, we rented the entire venue for Friday night which worked out great for the Saturday wedding. It allowed the wedding party to stay on site and we were able to start all our events for the weekend on time because of that convenience. The cottages are so cute and all the bridesmaids commented on how comfortable the beds were. There were plenty of plugs for all the girls to get ready for rehearsal and the wedding and our hair stylist and make-up artist also had plenty of room to work. The girls, and guys, loved hanging out and it provided time to "chill" before all the festivities began or in between events.
    I cannot say enough about how easy Laura and Carly were to work with, especially during this ever changing climate. They were problem solvers and always willing to lift a helping hand, from moving chairs at the last minute to handling issues with guests to helping pick up any trash that may have been left behind due to decorating.
    If you are looking for something different, something out of the ordinary, something that isn't a barn, a place that is relaxing and away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this is your place.
    Photos courtesy of Patricia Perez, Timeless Capture

Sent on 06/29/2020

The Gin at Hidalgo Falls's reply:

Thank you so much, Rhonda! We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We truly enjoyed working with you and your family and are so happy to hear you had such a great experience. Thank you for trusting us and allowing us to be a part of the occasion. We wish Kayla and Nick all the best as they embark on this new journey together!