The Gateway Florist Reviews

The Gateway Florist 3
The Gateway Florist 4
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 07/14/2012

The ladies at The Gateway Florist are spectacular! I am from Indiana and my husband was in flight school in Florida during most of the planning for our wedding, so we had to do most of our work from afar. I chose The Gateway Florist because they have been known to put together some beautiful and unique pieces for brides in the past and that is exactly what they did for us! They also have done numerous Naval Academy weddings, which made us even more comfortable with our decision. Their artistic and unique flower arrangements made our Naval Academy wedding everything we had ever dreamed it to be. Donna, the wedding florist, was patient and honest with us when we drove out to Maryland to talk about details and prices. She also made our lives so much easier by keeping in touch with Cheryl (at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium where we had our reception) and arranging for drop off times etc. They communicated back and forth and everything turned out even better than planned! I highly recommend The Gateway Florist to any bride who is looking for a stress-free, professional, patient, and kind vendor who is going to give you your moneys worth!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Denise · Married on 05/05/2012

RIGHT on point with my budget when other shops in town scoffed at it! GORGEOUS bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres! We met only one time and hashed everything out months before the wedding. I was a little nervous to open the boxes but they were absolutely everything I ever could have hoped for.

I absolutely recommend this fantastic team and their adorable shop to anyone and everyone getting married in the Baltimore/Annapolis/DC area!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Tracy · Married on 04/21/2012

My flowers turned out absolutely beautifully! People went crazy taking photos of my bouquet! Thanks so much!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Amy · Married on 03/24/2012

This is a fantastic florist! At the beginning stages of planning our wedding, I didn't know very much about flowers and hadn't decided what kind of flowers I MUST have at our wedding. My Fiancé and I were on a very tight budget for our wedding flowers. After some extensive research my fiancé came up with some crafty, DIY centerpiece designs hoping to remain in line with our budget while still providing nice asthetics for our wedding. These centerpieces featured natural elements (that matched up quite well with simple greens and flowers I must say) yet were abstract…we hoped they would be a discussion starter for our guests. My finace’ created these natural/abstract centerpieces and other decorative items from the downed trees around our property (knocked over by the wrath of hurricane Irene). After making three different designs we met with the folks over at The Gateway Florists, to see if they could help us conceive of a way to incorporate flowers into these pieces and help us remain within our budget. They told us to work with Donna- a real mastermind of floral design. We set up an appointment with Donna, showed her our pieces and she began to consider ways to help make these cost effective and beautiful! She showed us some of her ideas, right on the spot, helping us to see what type of flowers could work with the pieces and from there we made a list of flowers and greens that we liked. We left one centerpiece with her and went home. She played around with some ideas she had and emailed us pictures of proposed floral designs, or mock ups- if you will. She was able to give us an idea of what she could do, but we still weren’t 100% sure of what they would look like. We invested our trust in her and when I saw the final product, sitting on our guest tables (and on our very own sweetheart table) I was so happy and proud! These centerpieces were a lot of work for my fiance' to make and for her to design. She did extraordinary work to make them gorgeous and interesting. Our guests loved the centerpieces! We asked our DJ to announce that our guest were welcomed to take the centerpieces home. Right away, I heard some one say "Oh! No Way! I got table #2 nobody better touch it!". I was later told that several guests ran to the tables, to snatch up these pieces and stow them into locked cars. It was all in good fun and no one got hurt (to my knowledge)! I was so happy that they were a hit.

Our other wedding florals were beautifully done as well. My bouquet was so pretty, the boutineers were so handsome, the corsages for the women in our wedding were stunning. I'm so anxious to get the photos back from our photographer to catch more glimpses of all of the florals that she did for us.

Not only was Donna great to work with, everyone in the shop was very welcoming, enthusiastic about these pieces, and very kind. We worked with the owner, Cindy and her husband on separate occasions and they were so accommodating.

I rate The Gateway Florist as an A+ organization. I would recommend this vendor to any Bride and Groom. They were wonderful to work with, they were affordable and they were gifted. Donna was very honest and accommodating. The best thing about her was that she didn't did not shy away from us when we told her our budget. She gave us ideas on how to stay with our limits and she didn't push us beyond that.

Sent on 04/01/2012

Heather · Married on 06/18/2011

WOW! Donna was so amazing to work with! She not only did my wedding flowers, but my bridal party used her for my bridal shower, and my mother-in-law used her for my rehearsal dinner. Donna is fun, flexible, easy to reach and communicate with.. and knew exactly what I wanted when even I didn't know! Gateway Florist is awesome and the flowers are gorgeous!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Kerry · Married on 06/03/2011

Donna was very easy to work with and my bouquets and centerpieces were beautiful. She was flexible with last minute changes and responsive to emails. I would definitely recommend the Gateway Florist!!!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Jeanette · Married on 04/02/2011

Donna did a great job conceptualizing what I envisioned and creating the end product. I didn't want a flower boquet to toss, as most guests were not single. Instead I found an idea for a money boquet. It came out perfectly, oragami flowers made out of dollar bills, which all guests could join in on the fun to try to catch it. Overall, the flowers looked awesome and they were so easy to work with!

Sent on 04/18/2011

Nicole · Married on 08/21/2010

Donna did an amazing job putting our flowers together. We had a very large order and every single flower looked amazing. I would reccomend Gateway to anyone looking for great flowers!

Sent on 12/24/2010
  • Marelise

Marelise · Married on 07/10/2010

The Gateway Florist was wonderful to work with, even though we had a compressed timeline, and didn't charge rush fees or jack their prices. Donna, the wedding specialist, was very responsive and easy to work with via email since I live out of town. Cindy, the owner, was very friendly too.

I wanted a white/ivory bouquet, so Donna provided a helpful list of white/ivory flowers and complementary greenery that would be in season and easy to get in July. First, I googled the name of each flower to see what it looked like. Then, I went to The Knot and looked for white/ivory bouquets that I liked, especially those featuring flowers from Donna's list. Finally, I wrote Donna which flowers and greenery I wanted to use and included a picture of a Knot bouquet as inspiration. My bouquet looked even BETTER!

My parents assembled my maids' bouquets to save money, but we ordered the flowers from Gateway Florist. Gateway was very helpful with suggesting tips for assembly and even provided water tubes to fit the wood holders we'd selected. The maids loved their flowers and I couldn't be happier with Gateway Florist.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Racheal · Married on 06/24/2017

They were able to take my vision of garland down the tables and create it on site the day of the wedding. It really added that perfect touch I was looking for, for a garden wedding.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Donna was wonderful and she listened to what I wanted and I got exactly that. The flowers were so beautiful!! They agreed to do our wedding at the last minute even though it was Mother's Day weekend (the original plans I had fell through with a friend doing the flowers)!!!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Emily · Married on 11/21/2015

I loved using gateway for our wedding flowers! They were professional at our meeting and tried to accommodate my vision. They made educated suggestions based on the time of year and pricing.

The flower arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres were stunning and matched our colors perfectly! They were hand delivered to our house the day of the wedding and were fresh and secured in boxes. We definitely recommend using the Gateway team!

Sent on 12/18/2015

The Gateway Florist's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily. We really enjoyed working with you on your wedding and are happy that you were pleased enough to tell others. Please stop by during the holidays if you get a chance. Mark, Cindy, and the Gateway Girls

Elisha · Married on 07/23/2010

We had our bridal bouquets and flowers for our cake done by Gateway Florist. My bridal bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets turned out absolutely beautiful with only a brief explanation as to what we wanted. Donna did an amazing job of capturing exactly what I wanted to portray through the bouquets.
    The only reason I didn't give the 5 stars was the I had initially ordered 2 extra lilies to use as flowers given to our mothers during the ceremony which did not show up the day of the wedding. There was some sort of mis-communication which led to a lot of people rushing to get something else organized in their place. Although this happened, our overall experience with Gateway was positive and the bouquets were beautiful!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Carlee · Married on 05/26/2018

3.0

Our flowers looked beautiful on our wedding day! We worked with Caroline and she was okay to work with. I don’t know much about flowers and she wasn’t very helpful when it came to picking flowers. She didn’t use any of her resources in front of her (flower books) to help me make my decisions. There was a time when I worked with Morgan, because Caroline had a family emergency. Morgan was fantastic! She helped me visualize our rehearsal dinner centerpieces and put in her input on whether or not I should add flowers to my wedding cake. The gateway florist is amazing with what they do. I loved all my flowers I had for my wedding and I thought they were beautiful!

Sent on 05/28/2018

3.0

The Gateway florist did an amazing job! The flowers were beautiful and we got so many compliments. Cindy and her husband were great and very easy to work with. They always made us feel welcome and valued when we came in to the shop. We got all our flowers for the ceremony and reception from them. The only negative thing about this vendor was that they are a bit expensive, but I would say it is well worth the money if you can afford it.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Joni · Married on 07/26/2014

4.2

Just lovely flowers, kind and helpful staff

Sent on 09/11/2014

2.0

My flowers were absolutely beautiful for the wedding! The bouquets were not exactly how I wanted them. I was expecting one thing and they gave me something else. The tall arrangements were gorgeous! I gave them an idea and they went with it. They were a little slow on getting back to me but in the end it all worked itself out. They were on the expensive side but it might just be my tastes in flowers and the delivery fee was really steep in my opinion.

Sent on 12/16/2014

3.6
      3.0

The Gateway Florist provided beautiful flowers for my wedding. My bouquets were gorgeous and so were my centerpieces. The flowers were hand delivered up to me in the room I was getting ready in and were shown to me. I was very pleased with the quality of the flowers. However, the Gateway Florist was difficult during the planning process. Initially they greatly over charged me for the flowers. Had I not had a wedding planner I might have paid way too much! I brought them my own vases to keep cost down and five days before my wedding they said the vases were bigger than the size I paid for. Again, my wedding planner stepped in and forwarded previous e-mails stating the sizes were correct. They also were not very prompt in responding to e-mails. Despite the mishaps before the wedding, the flowers did still turn out beautiful.

Sent on 12/08/2014

3.4
      1.0

The people at Gateway were wonderful to talk with and I had every belief that my flowers would arrive gorgeous on my wedding day. They were delivered while I was not at the venue... and they were the wrong colors! Red was salmon, blue was purple, green was the palest green you can envision. Had those been my colors, I would have loved my bouquet. The quality of the flowers was acceptable, but it's hard to look past the colors being off. Make sure you get a mock up before you simply trust their vision.

Sent on 08/17/2013

3.0

This was the only wedding vendor that we were unhappy with. Major lack of communication between staff. A few days before my wedding i found out I didn't have any Bridesmaids bouquets on my contract and they forgot my Mother's Husbands boutonniere. To be clear, we ordered the bouquets in out meeting with the florist. My bouquet was beautiful but for $300 I would prefer it not be 80% plastic filler and not flowers. Maybe that's just the way it is but if that's the case, that's a total rip off!

Sent on 12/15/2014