24 Reviews for The Garden City Hotel

Wheelchair Access (2)
Event Rentals (1)
Buffet (1)
24 The Garden City Hotel Reviews

We recently hosted our engagement party for about 100 guests this past Saturday in the Posh Lounge. It was absolutely incredible. Family & friends are still calling saying what a great time they had and how amazing the food was. Peter Stone was attentive, responsive, and overall just so pleasant throughout the planning process. Our Maitre d' Jose was incredible! He followed me around all night making sure I had a drink and something to eat. They even sent some food up to our room at the end of the night. From the DJ to the lighting and the service, it was absolutely perfect! I would recommend GCH over and over again!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Accommodations, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Chairs, Dance Floor, Indoor

Planning our wedding with Jerry was so easy and he was very accommodating along the way. During the event, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and made every single guest feel special. The food was a highlight and worth every penny. Everyone commented at how amazing the service and food was. I don't think it could have gotten any more perfect!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Garden City Hotel was the absolute perfect setting for our wedding this past June! My husband and I cannot say thank you enough to catering manager, Peter Stone, and the staff at the hotel for putting on our dream wedding. From the first meeting with Peter, we knew that we just had to have our wedding at the hotel. From the abundant spread at cocktail hour, to the delicious dinner, the attention to detail and service from the staff at the hotel could absolutely not be met anywhere else! We received so many compliments from guests days and weeks after the wedding. With so many details, your wedding can be stressful to plan, but rest assured, putting your trust in the team at The Garden City Hotel, is 100% the best choice you'll make for you wedding!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/2/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wow!! Where do I start? We had our wedding reception at The Garden City Hotel this past April and it was absolutely wonderful!! Like a fairytale. The service could not be beat. It was the best of the best. The food was delicious! The grand ballroom was breathtaking. The crystal chandeliers were beyond elegant. We worked with Janine and she was a true professional. She was very accommodating and helpful. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to and could not believe how great the service was. We agree! It is an expensive venue but it is worth every single penny! Thank you GC Hotel for an unforgettable wedding day!! Can't wait to celebrate our one year anniversary there!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my engagement party here and it was beautiful and so much fun! The staff were helpful and nice to me and my guest and the food was amazing! Pete who helped me with planning it was very helpful and nice through the entire process and came to check on us during the party.

Profile Picture Krystal, 9/24/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I even begin? My wedding day last Saturday 9/10/16 was absolutely magical, I couldn't have chosen a more perfect place than the Garden City Hotel to hold the most important day of my life. "They" say to brides before they get married, "expect at least one thing to go wrong that day, that way you won't be disappointed when it happens." Well, it was safe to say, that was not the case and my wedding could not have been more perfect, and everything exceeded my expectations.

Mike and I worked with Jerry Rizzo throughout our planning. Jerry truly is the most pleasant and genuine man I have ever met. Every question, concern, email, phone call, Jerry was so quick to respond. We want to thank Jerry a million times over for making sure everything went perfectly and smoothly. Jerry and his staff really did go above and beyond, outstanding job!

Not only did we love Jerry, but Atef, our maître D, was there throughout our wedding to make sure everything ran on time, with no hiccups. Atef made sure we were the first in our ballroom to take everything in, look at our cake and let him know if anything needed to be changed before the guests walked in (which nothing had to be changed of course!) Atef asked us if we needed anything throughout the night, and if so, it was there within seconds.

The food. was. exceptional. SO many family and friends could not stop talking about the food at our wedding. We already knew how amazing it was at our tasting, but it really was spectacular.

My wedding was surreal. Elegant and classy. All with our biggest thanks to the GCH's wonderful staff and beautiful ballroom. It was truly a night to remember.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Top of the line! From the service to the food to the ambiance and class of the room. We had an amazing brunch the next day to top things off for our guests who stayed with us. Our banquet manager Paul Del Vega is more like a family friend from here on out! He couldn't do enough to accommodate our every request and oversee that our day was picture perfect. They redid the room a few years ago and it blew our guests away.. If you want an event that screams class and elegance the Garden City Hotel should be at the top of your list..

Profile Picture Mariela, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning

I've always heard that you have the time of your life at your wedding, but I never quite believed it. There's so much that goes into a big day and Peter Stone at the GCH made it all happen in a way that I could have never imagined. The food and service at the GCH is unlike any other wedding I've ever been to. I honestly think weddings are ruined for me forever because ours was so nice, haha!! Peter is a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to honor our every little request. Atef was an amazing maitre'd and my bridal attendant always made sure my husband and I had full plates and glasses. We could go on and on about our wedding. Of course we are biased, but I really think it was objectively the nicest wedding I've ever been to. Compared to NYC and other LI locations, the value here is SO MUCH BETTER. Having all of our guests at the hotel was a blast. We had great welcome drinks at the tiki bar outside after our rehearsal dinner and had an awesome after party at the hotel bar after the wedding. The hotel staff put together such a reasonably priced brunch for our guests the next day. You won't regret booking at the GCH. I seriously had the time of my life.

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Indoor, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Dance Floor, Parking, Valet

The Garden City Hotel helped us celebrate our wedding at a very stressful time & under incredible circumstances. They were professional, last & accomodating all throughout our time working together. Our friends and family still rave six months later about the amazing experience that they had at our wedding. The food, service and venue received outstanding reviews from even our toughest critics.

Profile Picture Katherine, 10/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at the Garden City Hotel October 11, 2015. What an amazing night, thanks to the amazing staff, and Catering manager, Peter Stone. I can't thank them enough for the outstanding job in every aspect of our wedding night. I was not sure where to have our wedding, as their are so many options on Long Island. After seeing a few venues, unimpressed, we then met with Peter Stone and I was blown away by his presentation, menu, the grand ballroom and services provided. From that moment, I knew we had to have our wedding here. Peter Stone accommodated us in every way, and recommended vendors. We ended up using the vendors he recommended for the wedding who all turned out to be fantastic! The vendors we used, work with the hotel on a lot of events, so they all work well together which made the day go smoothly. Everything about this venue was convenient and excellent. A lot of out of town guests stayed over night, we had our after party at the Posh Lounge in the hotel, and had breakfast at the Polo Lounge the next morning. The food is excellent, the cocktail hour was incredible, serving over 10 food stations. The waiting staff and service was so professional, clean cut and hands on at every table. The best part about this venue, is that there is one grand ballroom, which means you are the only event in this venue the day of your wedding. At a regular catering hall you have up to five weddings going on at the same time which can be chaotic. This venue is all about the bride and groom the day of your wedding, which makes it special. The grand ballroom is gorgeous, and large enough to hold a big wedding like mine, of 370 guests. I could not think of a better place to have my wedding and was so happy with everything, it truly was a magical night. Every guest had a great time, and complimented the venue and service there. I highly recommend for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Katina, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access
4.7

BEAUTIFUL VENUE even during a snow storm. accommodating to my guests. helped set up the guest book & the party favors.
dream wedding.

Profile Picture Divya, 2/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and morning after brunch on New Year's Eve 2014 at the Garden City Hotel. All our guests, 80 in total, stayed over the night so we had 40 rooms. Our overall experience with the Hotel was outstanding. The event coordinator worked with us and provided suggestions from the table centerpieces, to the timing of our events, to the menu selections. Knowing he was working with us made everything about the planning process so much easier and less stressful. He was also there on site for our big day. The maitre de and staff that serviced our event were so professional and friendly every guest at our wedding felt special on our wedding day. The woman who worked with us on the room accommodations was professional, responsive and helpful. The hotel was even able to accommodate a late checkout for all of our guests the following day. This venue is classy and romantic, the food delicious, and the staff service impeccable. Our families want to come back again next year to party again !!

Profile Picture User3941097, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing, amazing, amazing. We worked with Jerry Rizzo who was so helpful the entire process and gave us our dream wedding. Everything was beautiful and went so smoothly. They accommodated us on any requests and gave us a great weekend. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture amy, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue! All the guest raved about the food! Food was awesome! Service was excellent and the staff was very attentive on the day if the wedding! Everything went smoothly!

Profile Picture User4323698, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married and had my reception at the Garden City Hotel. I could not have dreamed of a more perfect Wedding! The staff at the hotel made the process so simple, easy & stress free!! We worked with Craig and he made sure everything from the food tasting, decor and day-of set up with all our vendors went according to plan. He was always responsive, flexible and extremely professional. All of our guests raved about the ballroom , food & music by Hank Lane Band. It was the perfect Wedding night and I could not have imagined having my reception anywhere else on Long Island.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/28/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had an excellent experience working with the Garden City Hotel. I cannot express how easy they made the process for me. The wedding went off without a problem and we had amazing food (not your stereotypical banquet hall food). Highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Andie, 8/15/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have asked for a better venue to host our wedding! We held both our ceremony and reception at the hotel, and it was the most amazing day of our lives!! Joseph did a fantastic job organizing everything up to the day, and Artef did a fantastic job running the show that day! The venue looked gorgeous, the food was amazing, and the service was impeccable!! Thank you for making our wedding day the most special day of our lives!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/22/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were more than pleased with the Garden City Hotel, we were extremely happy with the service and food. They were easy to work with and always looking to please our families. Having our wedding suite to go to at the end of the evening with a special brunch the next morning was the cherry on top.

Profile Picture Brigette, 12/30/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say anything bad about this venue. Everything ran perfectly and smoothly. The food was amazing! The room was gorgeous. The service was top notch!

I had a 100 person wedding in the ballroom on the second floor. The room was intimate but also spacious. I had a hard time finding a venue allowing only 100 guests. The venues that did allow 100 guests had tiny rooms that had no charm. They would invest all their money on the grand ballroom for weddings with over 150 guests. Well, not everyone wants a large wedding. The Garden City Hotel never let me feel as if my party was to small, or that I was a waste of time. The ballroom is a perfect size with 2 domes in the middle painted like a sky. Perfect for my forest theme.

The food was amazing! They also have an amazing trio desert sampler for each of your guests. No need to waste money on a viennese table.

I also wanted to say that the banquette manager was fantastic. He was always honest about how much everything would cost and what would work better with my wedding budget.

If you are considering The Garden City Hotel just go with it and don't think twice!

Profile Picture daisy, 10/28/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband I were married in June and our reception was at The Garden City Hotel. Our experience, and my family's experience, with The Garden City Hotel was nothing short of perfect. We particularly enjoyed working with the banquet manager, Mr. Joseph Borbely, who has been with the hotel for over 27 years. The Garden City Hotel is a Long Island landmark and truly is "Long Island's leading hotel since 1876." The venue is amazingly beautiful and regal, the food and service exquisite, and the entire evening truly was the best of our lives. While pricey, this hotel stands head and shoulders above other Long Island wedding venues. As stated on its website, it is the most sought after wedding venue in the region, and it is not difficult to understand why.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/19/10, 3 Reviews
3.7

Garden City Hotel is known (and rightfully so) for being one of the best venues in Long Island for gourmet dining. While it doesn't come w/o a cost - It certainly lived up to this aspect of its reputation.
Unfortunately there were several issues with our actual reception which left a slightly bitter taste in our mouth - including the fact that they let a crasher into our wedding, took us minutes (and a near fist fight) before we could locate any personnel to take care of the situation - worse than the fact that this crasher made it into our reception was the fact that no one ever apologized for this mishap (despite the fact that we were assured at our first meeting that such a thing would never occur - which we thought was an odd issue to bring up in the first place - unfortunately not so odd for us!)
Next issue was the fact that I had requested a special cocktail that required a specific liquor - despite being assured that it would not be an issue, when I requested the cocktail at one of the bars (where I had a frame prominently displaying my special drink!) the bartender informed me that there was only one bottle of my liquor available at one of the other bars.
Lastly - I had heard from other brides that their venue's Maitre'D would put aside food for the bride and groom to enjoy in their suite later that evening - I was dissapointed that we did not get this attention and instead had to order chicken fingers at three in the morning when we were finally able to eat.

All in all - these may be minor issues - but when spending the money we did - we had high expectations. Ultimately however, I think our 250 guests were impressed with the food and service provided.

Profile Picture jessica, 9/12/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Garden City Hotel provided exceptional service. The food was amazing, our cake was beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. The catering manager was a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Christine, 12/6/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Very helpful staff; great venue; good food; accessible by public transportation

Profile Picture Anika, 7/6/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This hotel does a beautiful honeymood service.

Profile Picture Goldy, 8/16/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)