46 Reviews for The Gables at Chadds Ford

House Liquor (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
46 The Gables at Chadds Ford Reviews

Our 7/14/17 wedding at the Gables was perfect! Samantha and Kelly made everything so easy, and Allison made sure everything was decorated beautifully. Every request we made was accommodated. Even though it was down-pouring on the day of our wedding and we had to use a tent for the ceremony, the event went off without a hitch and was our dream wedding! Great food, great location, great service, great people.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables

From the start of our venue selection process through the last drink served during our reception, The Gables went above and beyond to make this the perfect day for us. Kelly and Samantha are FANTASTIC to work with. They are responsive, flexible and accommodating. They paid attention to all the details that were important to us and set up the space exactly how we had it pictured in our heads. Every guest of our wedding has said the location was beautiful, food was fantastic and the service was excellent. We couldn't be happier with our selection of The Gables for our wedding reception.

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We went to The Gables for the day after wedding dinner for a few out of town guests before we left on our wedding trip. It was fun reminiscing over our wedding and the meal and atmosphere was wonderful. We highly recommend The Gables for a wonderful meal and ambiance in Chester County.

Profile Picture User7558777, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gables was my dream wedding venue from the first time I stepped foot in the building for dinner. With the rustic barn feel and coziness, I felt it was the perfect fit. Needless to say, the whole team was just that- a dream!

Everything from our first tour, food tasting, weeks leading up and the day of was a great experience. Kelly and her team were there for every question and every need we had. They guided us in each decision and were attentive to our needs. They really made my vision a reality. For example, we wanted to have a untraditional dessert with apple cider donuts, cupcakes and apple crisp. They did an amazing job at making apple crisp in small mason jars!

I am so happy to have said we got married at The Gables at Chadds Ford and this place will always hold a special place in our hearts !

Profile Picture Ariana, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gables was very flexible and offered my daughter and son-in-law a lot of options. My Bride, Sara purchased and made a lot of her decorations and The Gables really worked with Sara and Jake to make their wedding everything they wanted. Ann was very approachable and reachable. The venue was beautiful. The food was wonderful! The service was very professional and very friendly. Everyone went above and beyond to be very helpful. It was an exceed expectations experience!

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Amazing from beginning to end. Ann, Kelly, Samantha, Alex and Chef Dave delivered a beautiful reception with outstanding food. Our guests couldn't believe how delicious the food was, how great and friendly the service was and how beautiful the The Gables is. It was very cold and rained the day of our wedding and we were supposed to be married outside. I was disappointed that we had to have a tent but since the weather is out of my control, I refused to let it get me down. In my wildest dreams, I never could have imagined how beautiful Ann and her team would make the inside of the tent. Ann has a way of making everything she touches, beautiful. When I was walking down the aisle I saw what she had done and I couldn't believe how beautiful it all looked, with the waterfall as the backdrop. Our photographer captured unbelievable photos of it all. It truly felt magical and everyone was talking about how beautiful it was. You would have never known that it had been raining, very cold and windy that day. Thankfully the rain stopped right before we walked down the aisle. The reception was just as beautiful and everyone loved the food! We loved it so much that we've already been back to have dinner a few times since our wedding. It felt magical and I'm so glad my husband and I decided to have our ceremony and reception there. We will be eating there frequently from now on!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

A diamond in the rough. Chadds Ford is full of wineries and things to do. You could drive by this awesome venue and not even know it! Beautiful architecture with a beautiful backdrop. We used The Gables for our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. Everyone we worked with there was very nice and always willing to stop what they were doing to help or answer a question. The food... AMAZING! The baker they suggest for your cake is awesome! They have a nice bridal suite and awesome rustic bar in their restaurant. There's a fire pit they light at night too. The venue is pretty by itself so you won't need to decorate much if you're on a budget. Overall very happy with the venue!

Profile Picture Kyle, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Gables in Chadds Ford is an absolutely beautiful indoor/outdoor wedding venue in the rolling hills of Southern Chester County. Very little extra decorations are necessary because the outdoor ceremony garden is filled with beautiful flowers and plants, all highlighting a stone wall, with a waterfall. The Indoor reception area is a lovely converted barn with beautiful rustic wood floors, wooden beams in the ceiling, and a stunning wall of windows. The event staff was very helpful and accommodating. We were given an endless supply of fruit, cheese, freshly baked rolls, coffee, tea, soda, water, and sandwiches, at no extra charge, while spending the day getting ready in the lovely on site bridal suite. All of our guests commented about how absolutely gorgeous the venue was!! The food was also beautifully presented, and delicious! My daughter's wedding was a day that we will be talking about for many years to come! We highly recommend The Gables for a beautiful and unforgettable wedding.

Profile Picture Karen, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Having our wedding at The Gables was the best choice we ever made! They allowed me to DIY without having to set up my decorations on the day of. I had a few decorations that I loved but had not clue where to put them, and they found the perfect spots!They also allowed us to drop all of our materials two days before our wedding and stored it for us with no complaint. The price was so reasonable and the food was amazing! I loved having so much control in our wedding but also being able to trust the staff at The Gables to execute our plan perfectly!

Profile Picture Beth, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Everything about the Gables is perfect. Communication - top notch! Food - omg, amazing! Space - beautiful!! Price - a hidden gem, for sure! We loved the Gables. I cannot stress it enough! Ann is the cutest woman to help run anything! Tommy was the best day of coordinator. He is hilarious and just fits right in to your party - he might as well have been a groomsman! Kelly is awesome at getting your documents together and explaining any question you may have.

Not to mention customizing everything in the place just to your liking! The Gables had a team that set everything up for us, we just dropped our junk off! We communicated with Tommy the night before told him our ideas - when we walked in, it was like walking into a room that I imagined in my head! They are just amazing. The food was sooo tasty! I still get compliments on the choices we made a YEAR ago!!! We were at maximum size capacity, so it did get a litttttle warm in there, and the food did take a little longer than expected - but oh well it was worth it!

We wouldn't change a thing about the Gables and don't have a single complaint! They let us keep our junk in there overnight, thankfully they didn't have anyone in there the next day (such a convenience for us)! Picked it all up the next morning, got to thank everyone and it was awesome.

We also had our rehearsal dinner there, and holy smokes - it was to die for. Super well cooked, delivered, presented, tasting - again, we wouldn't change a thing.

I recommend the Gables for any event you may have! I'm sure you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 3/12/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Signature Drink, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Cake, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Tommy, Kelly, and the owners were fabulous! They helped settle my nerves prior to the wedding and were very easy to communicate with. They were flexible with my decorating details (including willing to turn on 110 lantern lights) and the ideas came out better than I planned because of their skill. It was the first time my photographer attended the gables and she told us it was one of her favorites of all time. Tommy shared wonderful picture ideas and worked with our vendors to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Our guests loved our reception. Many spent time on the dance floor or outside by the fire pit. I also recommend having a smores bar for kids and adults. The food of course is memorable and our guests loved the dinner choices available to them. Have the wedding of your dreams at the gables.

Profile Picture Anne, 10/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where to begin. Ann the owner was FANTASTIC....We already had our hearts set on the Gables, a quaint farm style venue with a rustic charm, but when we first met Ann I was blown away by the professionalism and willingness to work with her clients. My wife always wanted a rustic wedding and Ann and her crew provided the BEST wedding for us. It has been two months since my wife and I said "I Do" and I still get phone calls from relatives who wanted to tell me that our wedding was something out of a catalog. Between the beautifully designed atmosphere to the knock your socks off food and drinks If you don't pick this place to get married then something is wrong with you!! Ann coordinated the perfect night from beginning to end and her staff's courtesy and professionalism were second to none. They went out of their way to make the night special in every single way for us and It made me wish we could get married once a year just for the celebration!! Ann I hope you know what a spectacular job you all did and I will most certainly tell everyone that the Gables at Chadds Ford is where they need to be for their special event!!! THANK YOU

Profile Picture Charlie, 10/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Cake, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Highly recommend The Gables at Chadds Ford. We worked with Kelly throughout the entire planning process and she was absolutely amazing and offered wonderful advice. On the day of our wedding Kelly, Ann and the entire staff made sure everything was perfect and exactly how we planned. Everything is reasonably priced and the grounds are beautiful, we received so many compliments from our guests!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Gables was everything we hoped for and more. Rick was great to work with when setting up time to tour the venue and answer any questions we had. As it came closer, Tommy and Kelly were wonderful to work with on last minute details and helped the day run on schedule. Our guests continue to compliment this venue saying it was the best wedding meal they ever had. Cakes by Kim was great to accommodate my gluten allergy and made us incredible cupcake combinations. The grounds are just beautiful and the venue was the perfect rustic feel we were going for with our wine themed wedding. The price for our 115 guest wedding was unbeatable for everything you get when booking the Gables. It was the wedding of our dreams.

Profile Picture User4573799, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I can not say enough about this venue. We had both our ceremony and our reception on the grounds. The grounds are just beautiful. They coordinated the flowers surrounding the waterfall with our florist and it turned out to be an incredible backdrop for our ceremony. The outdoor cocktail hour was incredible, between the appetizers and drinks to the beautiful fountain and adirondack chairs, it was just stunning. We got so many compliments throughout the night. The food was delicious and the reception area turned out perfect. We wanted a rustic feel and The Gables provides that perfectly. Richard, Kelly and Tommy were so helpful throughout the entire perfect and were available the day of to help make sure things went smoothly. To top it off, you really can not beat the value. I highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for an indoor/outdoor event with a rustic feel.

Profile Picture candice, 8/28/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gables at Chadds Ford exceeded all our expectations for our August 1, 2015 wedding. From the moment we inquired about the venue through the reception itself, we couldn’t have been more pleased. Rick, the General Manager, worked with us from day one to create the wedding of our dreams and stayed within our allotted budget. His assistants, Kelly and Thomas, were extremely accommodating and the day-of wait staff were attentive to our needs, as well. The appetizers and dinner entrée (filet and crab cake duet plate) were “out of this world!” Many of our guests remarked it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted. Cakes by Kim also did an awesome job with the mini desserts and cake. We greatly appreciated use of the bridal suite prior to our on-site ceremony and the venue itself was just breathtaking…very simplistic but elegant. Although we can only give five stars for a job well done, we would gladly give a 10 if we could. We are so glad we chose The Gables for our special day.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gables at Chadds Ford is gorgeous and was the perfect venue for our wedding. The banquet room has a rustic but elegant feel to it. The outdoor area was such a beautiful backdrop to get married in front of. There was ample space for our cocktail hour outside as well (we had 110 guests). Everything was so pretty and the food was delicious!!! The food at our tasting was amazing and were worried that the food the night of the wedding wouldn't compare - but it did and was delicious when they made it for all of our guests!! We had the plated duet of filet mignon and salmon and I received many compliments on how good the food was for a wedding. Kelly (the event coordinator) was awesome and always answered all of my many questions in a timely manner. And Tommy was there the day of and was a huge help in setting up and finding last minute solutions (like when we didn't have a microphone for our ceremony...). Thanks for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Gables at Chadds Ford for my May wedding. The venue is beautiful to say the least - but their renovations this winter have made the place even better! The best part, unlike most venues in the local North Wilmington/Southeastern PA area, it is actually affordable too!!

They gave me the wedding I have always dreamed about and more! From the first meeting back in Nov of 2013 (we had a long engagement!) they felt like family! They were so nice and supportive of our vision for our day and being on a budget they made it work with what we had to spend. They new banquet manager Kelly, GM Richard, and owner Ann are all amazing people who really want your wedding to be the day you have been dreaming about and are very flexible! (No silly rules like many other venues had!). They had quick communication via emails/calls and were so accommodating to my strange requests. I was a professional event planner myself, so I know I got a bit crazy when it came to planning my own wedding but they were so accommodating to every request I came up with! (As an event planner, I was so worried about "letting go" the day off and not being in control, But, I never had any doubts with them and knew my wedding was in good hands!)

The day was absolutely amazing and due to their staff, I had ZERO stress! Everything was set perfectly as we discussed and the day went so incredibly flawless. The manager on duty constantly checked in with me and the Groom to see if we needed anything or is she could be of any assistance, and we really appreciated the plate of passed appetizers and beverages in the bridal suite (I almost forgot to eat!). During the entire evening the bar/wait staff were on point and made the entire night amazing, I can only give them the best rating of a 5, but if I could, I would have given them a 1000!

Profile Picture Joanne, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If the beauty of this venue does not do it for you, let me provide you with even more wonderful information about The Gables at Chadds Ford. The venue is beautiful right? But did you know that it is also SUPER inexpensive, it's actually affordable. But wait there's more!! The food is AMAZING. Not only is it amazing but more than enough so you or your guests are not hungry. If that does not do it for you, maybe this will...The team at The Gables is the best group of people to work with, EVER! They respond quickly and treat you like royalty. A wedding can be stressful but working with The Gables it will be as peaceful and special as possible. All you imagine, they will make happen. Ana, Richard, and Eric, along with everyone at the Gables, the Ruiz family would like to thank you so much for making our wedding pure perfection.

Profile Picture Ebony, 11/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gables at Chadds Ford was not only extremely beautiful - it was AFFORDABLE.

The banquet room is gorgeous for receptions. The Gables provided the tables, chairs, linens, table chalkboard (#s), candles and set everything up. The food was delicious...I very much recommend the Steak or Atlantic Salmon. The vendor plates were a nice touch. The bridal get-ready suite was immaculate and we enjoyed the fruit and ginger ale. Ann was there to provide guidance and take care of last minute problems and wayward family/guests. She was a true professional.

We had around 100 guests; 65 steak/ 30 chicken / 5 veggie and some child and vendor plates and went with the medium consumption package. Total price ended up being $11K for the night - ceremony/reception/wonderful service, etc. Eric, the head waiter was fabulous.

One thing we were concerned about was the Arbor Vitaes. Chester County had a harsh winter in 2013-2014 and their trees suffered. Ann and her team had the idea to place mason jars with lush greenery in front of the arbor vitaes to conceal the brown/baldness and it worked like a charm! The pictures were saved and the beauty of the venue shone through.

They were very flexible and helpful throughout the process. Ann even decorated our "welcome" chalkboard and acted as the wedding director. I highly recommend The Gables and look forward to our anniversary dinner.

Profile Picture Catherine, 5/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gables was a fabulous venue for a recent connoisseur brewfest that I hosted. Amazingly friendly and professional staff, beautiful banquet hall, and excellent food. The Gables was petfect!

Profile Picture kerry, 5/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Hands down the best decision we made! The Gables was very friendly, helpful and has great service! But best of all the food is AMAZING!! It's been a week since our wedding and we are still getting compliments on how good it was.

Profile Picture Gabriela, 4/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

March 8, 2014 was our wedding day-and it was an unforgettable and wonderful day. This day would not have been so memorable without Marianne, Ann, Eric, Chefs, maintenance crew, bartenders and other staff. First, I wanted to say thank you to all who were involved in making this day very special for us. Now our review, The Gables is a perfect location to have a wedding for up to 130 guests. The decor and ambiance is perfect for a country or antique theme wedding. Gables is extremely flexible, and you can make the space your own for any theme. Marianne, the event coordinator, is great. She is not pushy/aggressive,she is very sweet and willing to meet the expectations for any couple. We loved her-she was very flexible with meetings, responsive to communication, and thought of the little things to make our day special.
The ceremony space was perfect. We actually used the tented outside patio - gorgeous stone, candles lit, we used their lanterns, and nice ceremony chairs. They also have an outside terrace. It was perfect for our first look pictures :) The banquet room, where reception/cocktail hour was held, looked amazing!! You really do not need to do a lot to it. Gables has several things that they will provide, cake stand (beautiful), table numbers, mason jars for candles, and other little things. The coolest thing was the HUGE Tiffany chandelier. It's beautiful and makes the room! For set up, they will set up tables in any way you want.
The food was excellent - hats off to the chef. It's affordable, good portion sizes, and the presentation is exquisite. We did have a guest who didn't like mushrooms, Gables made a plate for her without hesitation. Lastly, Eric, the head banquet server, was outstanding!! He made not only my husband and I feel catered to, but our guests as well. A tip to Gables, do not lose Eric!! He was a huge part to our day!
Gables was absolutely the best place for our wedding! Thank you ALL!!

-Amanda & Matt Gibboni

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anne and the team at The Gables were so helpful and accommodating for our special day. I highly recommend this venue for all couples seeking an intimate wedding. Although the venue caters to larger events as well, we felt they did a superb job making our small wedding a huge success. We can't wait to go back on our one year anniversary!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/22/13, 2 Reviews