The Gables at Chadds Ford Reviews

The Gables at Chadds Ford 6
The Gables at Chadds Ford 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Getting married on 05/18/2019

May 2019 wedding - amazing so far!

We are getting married at the Gables in May 2019, and so far the team at the Gables has been AMAZING! They are super responsive and patient with all of our questions. They are flexible and very willing to work within your budget. We’ve been to the restaurant a couple times for lunch, and the food is DELICIOUS. We’ll add more detail after our big day in May!

Sent on 12/07/2018

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for your review. We can't wait to see you and Dan say, "I do!" and celebrate with you!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfect Venue - Even Better Event Team!

I knew the moment we walked into The Gables that we would be getting married there. What I didn't expect was a top notch Event Planning team that would go above and beyond to make our special day the best day ever. Carol, Kayla, Kelly and Ann took the time to meet with us and answer a slew of our questions and concerns prior to our day. They were incredibly responsive via e-mail and were always a pleasure to meet with to discuss final details. The weekend of our wedding the weather threatened to rain, but the ceremony site and exterior were pristine and the fall decorations already placed were perfect for the atmosphere. Carol went above and beyond with the decorations - she understood what we wanted and brought it to life. The food and drinks and serving staff were amazing! We get told all the time how yummy dinner was. The banquet hall with twinkly lights and decorations was romantic and the perfect setting for our reception. We will be forever grateful for the love, support, protection and kindness the team at The Gables showed us on our wedding day. While weddings can be business related, there is a lot of love and care that is going on behind the scenes and we saw every bit of that on our wedding day. We cannot recommend this venue enough. We love you guys! - Whitney & Vincent

Sent on 11/15/2018

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Hi Whitney! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We were honored you and Vincent chose us to be your wedding venue, and we are so happy you were so thrilled with how everything turned out. We look forward to celebrating your first anniversary with you next October!
  • MrsSegaline

Wendy · Married on 09/21/2018

Wow where does one even begin to describe this amazing place and venue. My husband Richard and i wedded here on 09/21/18 &i could not imagine doing it any where else. The Gables is so magical,elegant and everything in between. From the Owner Ann to her wait staff and her amazing wedding coordinator Kelly they are all with you every step of the way making sure every detail is perfected to the way you envisioned it.
    All of our family and friends commented on the food and how delicious it was and the service how wonderful and effecient everything was.
    My hat goes off to this amazing place, Ann has something special here at The Gables. We cant wait to be back for our anniversary!

So Ann, Kelly and the entire Gables staff Rich and I would like to say THANK YOU for making our day as special and perfect as possible you all are amszing and we are ever so greatful for you all.

-The Segaline's

Lindsay · Married on 09/14/2018

There isn’t enough room to write about how incredible The Gables was to work with. I am a meticulous planner with very particular ideas of how I wanted everything to look. The event team took the time to work with my ideas and bring them to fruition. Kelly and Carol absolutely nailed it. When Carol walked me into the finished reception room on my wedding day, I was brought to tears! Every single part of our day was perfection! In addition to how incredibly beautiful everything was, I have never heard more praise about food at a wedding!! I must have heard 50 times from my guests about how incredible their meals were! Every single detail of our day was handled with such care, it is evident that Kelly, Carol, and their teams have a true passion for what they do. If you want your day to be unique, lively, and taste amazing, this is your venue!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Hi Lindsay! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We were so honored to be a part of your and Jonathan's wedding day and are so happy to hear that our team "nailed it"! We wish you all the best and can't wait to see you back next September for your first anniversary!

Ariadne · Married on 06/10/2018

The Gables made our wedding day better then what we ever imagined it could be. From the ceremony to the reception everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better team to help us through one of the most stressful times in life. We wish we could do it all over again and have it go much longer. Our guests cant stop talking about the wedding and what a great time they had.
    Overall one of our favorite places and best place for a wedding

Sent on 06/24/2018
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 8

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Hi Ariadne! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We were so honored to be a part of your and Bill's wedding. We are so glad everyone enjoyed themselves so much, and we can't wait to see you next year for your anniversary dinner!

gina · Married on 03/10/2018

We had our wedding at the Gables on 3/10/2018 and are so happy with our choice! From day one they were so helpful and super responsive to any questions I had etc. They made the planning process a breeze. We got so many compliments on the food (many of our guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding), the drinks, and even the friendliness of the staff. The day of was a piece of cake. I was able to drop off all of my stuff the night before and the staff took care of everything. They did an amazing job and it was beautifully done. I can't recommend the Gables enough.

Sent on 03/19/2018

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Hi Gina! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so glad Kelly, Sam and all the staff here at The Gables at Chadds Ford made your wedding so memorable. We look forward to seeing you and Larry next March for your first anniversary dinner!

Erin · Married on 11/23/2017

Our 7/14/17 wedding at the Gables was perfect! Samantha and Kelly made everything so easy, and Allison made sure everything was decorated beautifully. Every request we made was accommodated. Even though it was down-pouring on the day of our wedding and we had to use a tent for the ceremony, the event went off without a hitch and was our dream wedding! Great food, great location, great service, great people.

• capatter

Colleen · Married on 10/13/2017

The very first time we visited The Gables, we fell in love! We knew it was the perfect place for us. We had our ceremony and wedding reception there on 10/13/17. Our experience with The Gables was absolutely wonderful. First of all, the venue is gorgeous. They offer customizable food and bar packages; no need to find an outside caterer or liquor contract. There is a bridal suite on site that is available for you and your girls to get ready, and it is beautiful and cozy. You have access to the suite all day and you are served complimentary champagne, fruit and cheese as you get ready. The Gables has a welcoming, friendly staff. Of special note is our experience with Samantha. Sam went above and beyond to ensure that our day was nothing but perfect. She spent extra time with us at each in-person meeting to answer any questions we had, and she was very responsive to all our calls and emails. She even added special little touches to our rehearsal dinner table to make it that much more memorable, and adjusted our final price when we had a few last minute cancellations. Allison (the decor coordinator) created a fabulous backdrop according to our tastes, and very importantly, stayed within our budget. She has hundreds of items for rent, or you can use your own decor, or go with a combination of both (which is what we did!). On the day of, everything went off without a hitch and we had a beautiful wedding day. I would pick The Gables time and time again for our special day!

Sent on 04/11/2018
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 14
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 15
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 16

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Colleen! We were incredibly honored to be a part of Christopher's and your big day. We are so glad you are so happy with how everything turned out. We can't wait to see you back for your first anniversary!

Amanda · Married on 07/21/2017

My husband and I got married on 7/21/17 at The Gables. Our day was beyond perfect! Sam, Kelly, Chef Dave, and the rest of The Gables staff worked hard from day one! They were very accommodating to all our wishes, from setting up long tables, to having a sparkler send off, and everything in between.

Our ceremony and cocktail hour were in the courtyard, which has breathtaking landscaping and a beautiful terrace Inside, our reception had a very rustic look and was decorated beautifully. There is also an adorable cottage where the bridal party got ready, which made it very convenient to do everything all in one place.

The food was delicious, from the appetizers to the main course. Guests were also a given a fairly big portion! Many guests raved about how good the food was.

In addition, Kelly and Sam made sure everything ran smoothly and happened in a timely manner. They were very helpful with creating a timeline.

We are still getting compliments saying what a wonderful wedding it was. Beautiful place, fantastic food, amazing staff! Would highly recommend.

Kristin · Married on 05/20/2017

From the start of our venue selection process through the last drink served during our reception, The Gables went above and beyond to make this the perfect day for us. Kelly and Samantha are FANTASTIC to work with. They are responsive, flexible and accommodating. They paid attention to all the details that were important to us and set up the space exactly how we had it pictured in our heads. Every guest of our wedding has said the location was beautiful, food was fantastic and the service was excellent. We couldn't be happier with our selection of The Gables for our wedding reception.

We went to The Gables for the day after wedding dinner for a few out of town guests before we left on our wedding trip. It was fun reminiscing over our wedding and the meal and atmosphere was wonderful. We highly recommend The Gables for a wonderful meal and ambiance in Chester County.

Ariana · Married on 10/22/2016

The Gables was my dream wedding venue from the first time I stepped foot in the building for dinner. With the rustic barn feel and coziness, I felt it was the perfect fit. Needless to say, the whole team was just that- a dream!

Everything from our first tour, food tasting, weeks leading up and the day of was a great experience. Kelly and her team were there for every question and every need we had. They guided us in each decision and were attentive to our needs. They really made my vision a reality. For example, we wanted to have a untraditional dessert with apple cider donuts, cupcakes and apple crisp. They did an amazing job at making apple crisp in small mason jars!

I am so happy to have said we got married at The Gables at Chadds Ford and this place will always hold a special place in our hearts !

Cindy · Married on 10/07/2016

The Gables was very flexible and offered my daughter and son-in-law a lot of options. My Bride, Sara purchased and made a lot of her decorations and The Gables really worked with Sara and Jake to make their wedding everything they wanted. Ann was very approachable and reachable. The venue was beautiful. The food was wonderful! The service was very professional and very friendly. Everyone went above and beyond to be very helpful. It was an exceed expectations experience!

Andrea · Married on 09/30/2016

Amazing from beginning to end. Ann, Kelly, Samantha, Alex and Chef Dave delivered a beautiful reception with outstanding food. Our guests couldn't believe how delicious the food was, how great and friendly the service was and how beautiful the The Gables is. It was very cold and rained the day of our wedding and we were supposed to be married outside. I was disappointed that we had to have a tent but since the weather is out of my control, I refused to let it get me down. In my wildest dreams, I never could have imagined how beautiful Ann and her team would make the inside of the tent. Ann has a way of making everything she touches, beautiful. When I was walking down the aisle I saw what she had done and I couldn't believe how beautiful it all looked, with the waterfall as the backdrop. Our photographer captured unbelievable photos of it all. It truly felt magical and everyone was talking about how beautiful it was. You would have never known that it had been raining, very cold and windy that day. Thankfully the rain stopped right before we walked down the aisle. The reception was just as beautiful and everyone loved the food! We loved it so much that we've already been back to have dinner a few times since our wedding. It felt magical and I'm so glad my husband and I decided to have our ceremony and reception there. We will be eating there frequently from now on!

Kyle · Married on 09/10/2016

A diamond in the rough. Chadds Ford is full of wineries and things to do. You could drive by this awesome venue and not even know it! Beautiful architecture with a beautiful backdrop. We used The Gables for our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. Everyone we worked with there was very nice and always willing to stop what they were doing to help or answer a question. The food... AMAZING! The baker they suggest for your cake is awesome! They have a nice bridal suite and awesome rustic bar in their restaurant. There's a fire pit they light at night too. The venue is pretty by itself so you won't need to decorate much if you're on a budget. Overall very happy with the venue!

Sent on 01/15/2018
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 17
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 18

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Kyle! We were so honored you and Paige chose us to be a part of your special day and that you were so happy with our service. Cheers to many wonderful years together!

Karen · Married on 08/07/2016

The Gables in Chadds Ford is an absolutely beautiful indoor/outdoor wedding venue in the rolling hills of Southern Chester County. Very little extra decorations are necessary because the outdoor ceremony garden is filled with beautiful flowers and plants, all highlighting a stone wall, with a waterfall. The Indoor reception area is a lovely converted barn with beautiful rustic wood floors, wooden beams in the ceiling, and a stunning wall of windows. The event staff was very helpful and accommodating. We were given an endless supply of fruit, cheese, freshly baked rolls, coffee, tea, soda, water, and sandwiches, at no extra charge, while spending the day getting ready in the lovely on site bridal suite. All of our guests commented about how absolutely gorgeous the venue was!! The food was also beautifully presented, and delicious! My daughter's wedding was a day that we will be talking about for many years to come! We highly recommend The Gables for a beautiful and unforgettable wedding.

Beth · Married on 05/28/2016

Having our wedding at The Gables was the best choice we ever made! They allowed me to DIY without having to set up my decorations on the day of. I had a few decorations that I loved but had not clue where to put them, and they found the perfect spots!They also allowed us to drop all of our materials two days before our wedding and stored it for us with no complaint. The price was so reasonable and the food was amazing! I loved having so much control in our wedding but also being able to trust the staff at The Gables to execute our plan perfectly!

Sent on 12/10/2017
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 19
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 20
    The Gables at Chadds Ford 21

The Gables at Chadds Ford's reply:

Hi Beth! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We were so honored you chose us to be a part of your special day and that you were so happy with how everything turned out! We wish you and Andrew a lifetime of happiness!

Alyssa · Married on 03/12/2016

Everything about the Gables is perfect. Communication - top notch! Food - omg, amazing! Space - beautiful!! Price - a hidden gem, for sure! We loved the Gables. I cannot stress it enough! Ann is the cutest woman to help run anything! Tommy was the best day of coordinator. He is hilarious and just fits right in to your party - he might as well have been a groomsman! Kelly is awesome at getting your documents together and explaining any question you may have.

Not to mention customizing everything in the place just to your liking! The Gables had a team that set everything up for us, we just dropped our junk off! We communicated with Tommy the night before told him our ideas - when we walked in, it was like walking into a room that I imagined in my head! They are just amazing. The food was sooo tasty! I still get compliments on the choices we made a YEAR ago!!! We were at maximum size capacity, so it did get a litttttle warm in there, and the food did take a little longer than expected - but oh well it was worth it!

We wouldn't change a thing about the Gables and don't have a single complaint! They let us keep our junk in there overnight, thankfully they didn't have anyone in there the next day (such a convenience for us)! Picked it all up the next morning, got to thank everyone and it was awesome.

We also had our rehearsal dinner there, and holy smokes - it was to die for. Super well cooked, delivered, presented, tasting - again, we wouldn't change a thing.

I recommend the Gables for any event you may have! I'm sure you will not be disappointed!

Anne · Married on 10/24/2015

Tommy, Kelly, and the owners were fabulous! They helped settle my nerves prior to the wedding and were very easy to communicate with. They were flexible with my decorating details (including willing to turn on 110 lantern lights) and the ideas came out better than I planned because of their skill. It was the first time my photographer attended the gables and she told us it was one of her favorites of all time. Tommy shared wonderful picture ideas and worked with our vendors to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Our guests loved our reception. Many spent time on the dance floor or outside by the fire pit. I also recommend having a smores bar for kids and adults. The food of course is memorable and our guests loved the dinner choices available to them. Have the wedding of your dreams at the gables.

Charlie · Married on 10/16/2015

Where to begin. Ann the owner was FANTASTIC....We already had our hearts set on the Gables, a quaint farm style venue with a rustic charm, but when we first met Ann I was blown away by the professionalism and willingness to work with her clients. My wife always wanted a rustic wedding and Ann and her crew provided the BEST wedding for us. It has been two months since my wife and I said "I Do" and I still get phone calls from relatives who wanted to tell me that our wedding was something out of a catalog. Between the beautifully designed atmosphere to the knock your socks off food and drinks If you don't pick this place to get married then something is wrong with you!! Ann coordinated the perfect night from beginning to end and her staff's courtesy and professionalism were second to none. They went out of their way to make the night special in every single way for us and It made me wish we could get married once a year just for the celebration!! Ann I hope you know what a spectacular job you all did and I will most certainly tell everyone that the Gables at Chadds Ford is where they need to be for their special event!!! THANK YOU

Amber · Married on 10/10/2015

Highly recommend The Gables at Chadds Ford. We worked with Kelly throughout the entire planning process and she was absolutely amazing and offered wonderful advice. On the day of our wedding Kelly, Ann and the entire staff made sure everything was perfect and exactly how we planned. Everything is reasonably priced and the grounds are beautiful, we received so many compliments from our guests!

Our wedding at the Gables was everything we hoped for and more. Rick was great to work with when setting up time to tour the venue and answer any questions we had. As it came closer, Tommy and Kelly were wonderful to work with on last minute details and helped the day run on schedule. Our guests continue to compliment this venue saying it was the best wedding meal they ever had. Cakes by Kim was great to accommodate my gluten allergy and made us incredible cupcake combinations. The grounds are just beautiful and the venue was the perfect rustic feel we were going for with our wine themed wedding. The price for our 115 guest wedding was unbeatable for everything you get when booking the Gables. It was the wedding of our dreams.

candice · Married on 08/28/2015

I can not say enough about this venue. We had both our ceremony and our reception on the grounds. The grounds are just beautiful. They coordinated the flowers surrounding the waterfall with our florist and it turned out to be an incredible backdrop for our ceremony. The outdoor cocktail hour was incredible, between the appetizers and drinks to the beautiful fountain and adirondack chairs, it was just stunning. We got so many compliments throughout the night. The food was delicious and the reception area turned out perfect. We wanted a rustic feel and The Gables provides that perfectly. Richard, Kelly and Tommy were so helpful throughout the entire perfect and were available the day of to help make sure things went smoothly. To top it off, you really can not beat the value. I highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for an indoor/outdoor event with a rustic feel.

Lauren · Married on 08/01/2015

The Gables at Chadds Ford exceeded all our expectations for our August 1, 2015 wedding. From the moment we inquired about the venue through the reception itself, we couldn’t have been more pleased. Rick, the General Manager, worked with us from day one to create the wedding of our dreams and stayed within our allotted budget. His assistants, Kelly and Thomas, were extremely accommodating and the day-of wait staff were attentive to our needs, as well. The appetizers and dinner entrée (filet and crab cake duet plate) were “out of this world!” Many of our guests remarked it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted. Cakes by Kim also did an awesome job with the mini desserts and cake. We greatly appreciated use of the bridal suite prior to our on-site ceremony and the venue itself was just breathtaking…very simplistic but elegant. Although we can only give five stars for a job well done, we would gladly give a 10 if we could. We are so glad we chose The Gables for our special day.